test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why cant i buy zen?

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You can buy Zen, but it takes roughly 4 days for your buy order to fulfill.

This, and that's only if you offer 500. Anything less is going to be waiting a lot longer, and possibly never get their order through.

The oldest offer of 496 still has to wait behind everyone that offers 497 or more, no matter how recently that order was placed, and there are way too many offers to buy zen at 500 AD for anyone to expect to buy at a lower offer any time soon.

=============

All of the economy stuff?

As long as enough people are spending enough money on Zen, the rest doesn't much matter.

Even if we could point at some day in the future as the time when the game economy kills the game, it may well fall into their "expected lifespan" projections and be considered as not worth worrying about.

Forget about any notions of the exchange moving right now. It's 500 AD for 1 zen, and it take a few days for delivery.

If you don't have the zen and want something from the market right now? Then pay your way.

Cryptic set up the game so that you could play for free and still get items from the cash shop, but if you don't have patience or the ability to plan ahead, don't expect them to care a whole lot about you having to wait a week or missing out on the sale.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This, and that's only if you offer 500. Anything less is going to be waiting a lot longer, and possibly never get their order through.

The oldest offer of 496 still has to wait behind everyone that offers 497 or more, no matter how recently that order was placed, and there are way too many offers to buy zen at 500 AD for anyone to expect to buy at a lower offer any time soon.

=============

All of the economy stuff?

As long as enough people are spending enough money on Zen, the rest doesn't much matter.

Even if we could point at some day in the future as the time when the game economy kills the game, it may well fall into their "expected lifespan" projections and be considered as not worth worrying about.

Forget about any notions of the exchange moving right now. It's 500 AD for 1 zen, and it take a few days for delivery.

If you don't have the zen and want something from the market right now? Then pay your way.

Cryptic set up the game so that you could play for free and still get items from the cash shop, but if you don't have patience or the ability to plan ahead, don't expect them to care a whole lot about you having to wait a week or missing out on the sale.

Exactly! That sums it up.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Do you guys have any idea how many customers Cryptic would lose if they scrapped leadership like your schadenfreude wants?

No one (I believe) suggested scrapping leadership, but rather changing how it operates to prevent the vast amount of AD flooding the market daily. I suggested changing the AD reward to character bound refining stones. That would mean you could use the profession for RP for your toon but it would have little effect on the market. magenubbie had some good suggestions on fixing professions too. With less new AD being introduced on a regular basis prices would drop which would benefit regular and casual gamers alike. The exchange would level out (likely go down) as people would have less AD sitting around. AD bot farmers would be devastated, but those aren't really players so who cares if they leave?
  • atlaskeanatlaskean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    Removed by user
    edited July 2014
    No one (I believe) suggested scrapping leadership, but rather changing how it operates to prevent the vast amount of AD flooding the market daily. I suggested changing the AD reward to character bound refining stones. That would mean you could use the profession for RP for your toon but it would have little effect on the market. magenubbie had some good suggestions on fixing professions too. With less new AD being introduced on a regular basis prices would drop which would benefit regular and casual gamers alike. The exchange would level out (likely go down) as people would have less AD sitting around. AD bot farmers would be devastated, but those aren't really players so who cares if they leave?

I think that comment was directed at removing AD gains from leadership, which is what you were suggesting. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I think that comment was directed at removing AD gains from leadership, which is what you were suggesting. :)
    I thought he was suggesting giving crafted items/enchants with an AD value to the leadership profession.
    Selling items on AH still gains you AD. But it doesn't ADD the AD to the game, it moves it from one place to another at 10% sink.
    Leadership could still make AD without adding it to the game that way, hence removing some of the need for AD sinks.
    edited July 2014
    atlaskean wrote: »
    There are people right now who run several accounts (not different toons, but accounts) for the very purpose of muling AD. I thought you were only allowed one account for the game... time to start banning multi accounts I say.

I thought you were allowed one account per email addresss, but I am not sure.

I just read through the "Terms of Service" and don't see anything about using mutliple email addresses to create different accounts.

edited July 2014
    I thought he was suggesting giving crafted items/enchants with an AD value to the leadership profession.
    Selling items on AH still gains you AD. But it doesn't ADD the AD to the game, it moves it from one place to another at 10% sink.
    Leadership could still make AD without adding it to the game that way, hence removing some of the need for AD sinks.

Well, that increases loss of gaming time for a casual gamer, as you work the AH. Starting and collecting Leadership tasks takes very little time. Adding the task of having to work the AH after working Leadership tasks will affect my game playing time. I don't want to spend a lot of time on the AH.

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Interesting point that I had not fully considered.

Giving refinement items (pehaps bound to account) rather than AD woudl have a double effect. First, by the obvious removal of AD gained from Leadership and secondly by the fact that if any of these items or their end result is sold that will also remove 10% from the AH tax.

As a consequence ant AD earned by non-bots from dungeons/skirmishes, etc becomes much more valuable.
    edited July 2014
    Removed by user
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    atlaskean wrote: »
    I have to look at the ToS myself because I don't think you are susposed to have but one account per user. I can't imagine Cryptic would be okay with people creating multiple accounts with different emails. This is how botting is born...

As some CMs have already stated, IIRC it is OK to have a few accounts (2-3 is an acceptable number), but it is NOT ok to use them at the same time on a same pc and/or automating them by means of a third party software.
    edited July 2014
    As some CMs have already stated, IIRC it is OK to have a few accounts (2-3 is an acceptable number), but it is NOT ok to use them at the same time on a same pc and/or automating them by means of a third party software.

Then honestly Cryptic has created some of these economic issues all on their own through poor judgement.
    edited July 2014
    ToS - See Section 4 for Accounts
    <removed ToS>

(Please don't quote the ToS directly as it is subject to change without notice. Thanks! Also, check out the In-game EULA. Type /terms in game or back out to the login screen and click Terms of Use on the bottom left. Sections to note are 1.1 and 2. Terms. ~Zeb)

Ooops! Sorry for the long ToS quote!

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I signed on to play D&D...not leadership.
    If I can't be as competitive playing the game for a few hours as I can playing leadership for the same amount of time then the leadership profession is broken.

My kids just sign on, play the quests, never touch professions and have a great time. They will never be top PVPers, will never be top of the damage charts, but they can complete all of the content and have a good time doing it.

They just come to play D&D, and the game provides that experience just fine.

I, on the other hand, like to have top-tier characters. I spent some real money (FYI, that is not a sin. The devs need to eat too), and I spend lots of time on Leadership and other professions. That is the experience I want, and the game provides that for me too.

Don't think you will invest little time, little money, and have the best character in the game. But you can have a wonderful time playing with a thoroughly average character.

"Playing Leadership" involves 1-2 minutes per character, 2-3 times a day (depending on whether you invested in heroes). It does not take "hours".
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    My kids just sign on, play the quests, never touch professions and have a great time. They will never be top PVPers, will never be top of the damage charts, but they can complete all of the content and have a good time doing it.

They just come to play D&D, and the game provides that experience just fine.

I, on the other hand, like to have top-tier characters. I spent some real money (FYI, that is not a sin. The devs need to eat too), and I spend lots of time on Leadership and other professions. That is the experience I want, and the game provides that for me too.

Don't think you will invest little time, little money, and have the best character in the game. But you can have a wonderful time playing with a thoroughly average character.

"Playing Leadership" involves 1-2 minutes per character, 2-3 times a day (depending on whether you invested in heroes). It does not take "hours".
    The point I am trying to get across is that If I were to make leadership toons and grind those for hours a day I would make more AD by far than by playing actual content for 3 times as long every day.
    I'm not asking for anything free, or to get top BiS gear and enchants handed to me.
    I just would like to play the game and advance as much as someone who spends half as much time leadershipping.

I get your point and think you should get rewards for leadership. I just wish the system wasn't so easily milked by click botting, leadership scripting, gold spammers.Who coincidentally drive up AH prices by creating millions of AD, and make it harder and harder to get by as a beginner without starting ten leadership toons.

I've put some irl cash monies here too. I'm not a pro by any stretch of the imagination, but appreciate f2p games and like to contribute to the cause.
    And I am having a wonderful time playing my thoroughly average characters btw :p
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is getting old. I put a list for 75 ZEN for 500, over a week ago.

Not in a million years, will I pay real money for a change appearance token. This is absurd.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well then I guess you'll just have to keep waiting. It's not like changing your appearance constitutes an emergency.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited July 2014

The idea I floated earlier was changing leadership reward from AD to toon bound refining stones. This would allow you to progress your toon still using leadership, just not your wealth of AD. That would severely cripple the AD farmers/bots and a slight hit on enchant farmers/bots (the later would have to be further addressed with a fix to Foundary quests). That being done the new AD being introduced daily would be stemmed which would raise its value. Market prices would drop and the Zen exchange would stabilize. It is a win-win for players of all types.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm at the stage where most of my AD expenditures are on purple marks of potency, which I usually buy from the WB rather than the AH unless I find a really sweet deal, which means my Leadership AD actually does get sunk out of the economy, at least to a degree.

I get a fair amount of refine points out of all the boxes o' stuff my Leadership also generates already. I like being able to circulate these around so I can build up one (matched) enchant to upgrade status more quickly rather than multiple things more slowly. I have a lot of characters, but not one of them is strictly a farmer. The only reason I haven't IWDed all of them is that it's too time-intensive, so I've only got all the boons on half so far.

I'd be able to find a use for character-bound generic refining points, but if I can't afford the marks I need to actually upgrade my stuff instead of just filling the buckets and getting stalled for lack of reagent items, then I'd definitely be peeved.

I also don't buy Zen with AD. If I want something from the Zen store, I actually bleeding well pay for it. My AD earnings are expressly to pay for things that need to be bought with AD.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited July 2014
    I'm at the stage where most of my AD expenditures are on purple marks of potency, which I usually buy from the WB rather than the AH unless I find a really sweet deal, which means my Leadership AD actually does get sunk out of the economy, at least to a degree.

I get a fair amount of refine points out of all the boxes o' stuff my Leadership also generates already.

You get a significantly small amount from leadership when you look at the required RP to rank up enchants past 7 or move artifacts up levels when they are epic. Marks are only needed for when you can actually get the items to the point of leveling them. Currently many people rank up enchants and artifacts by using large stacks of enchants and peridots. These are usually provided in the AH by enchant farming bots. Cryptic has made some progress in curtailing their operations and will probably continue to do so. This means you will eventually be needing RP much more often than marks of potency in the near future. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing them allow marks to be purchased with glory for people who play the game primarily for PvP. But that is another subject entirely.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bots are actually players using a single macro in foundry. Foundries should be deleted from the game for this to be stopped.
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Bots are actually players using a single macro in foundry. Foundries should be deleted from the game for this to be stopped.

Foundaries have so much potential to be significant in the game. I would rather see them remove enchant drops in Foundaries (even while using Fey enchants) and put better rewards in the end chest for approved dailies. Maybe some AD during the event and something better than the pathetic green item. Maybe new epic items that can only be found in Foundary missions? How about a chance to win the Adorable Pocket Pet or Coin? So much untapped potential and currently mostly used to exploit :(
  • damsel1988damsel1988 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have put in 50 because the message the system gave me was that the going rate was 50!!! It does not say 500.

But be it as it may, I guess they decided with the popularity of this game, or maybe the popularity dropping, they want to make some more money and force you to buy Zen with real money. Who knows.

I am struggling with just two bags which always get full and simply cannot afford 1000 zen for an extra bag (outrageous price anyway)
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    damsel1988 wrote: »
    I am struggling with just two bags which always get full and simply cannot afford 1000 zen for an extra bag (outrageous price anyway)

FYI, there's two free bags that can be obtained by doing the quest content, one in Blacklake and one in Neverdeath.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At 7 mil earlier today when I saw. The people with 10s-100s millions of AD should just put orders on the exchange to see how high we can get it (you can just cancel order later).

Will it reach 15 mil by MoD4. Taking bets. JK
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PWE want people to buy more Zen so are taking all kinds of measures to stimulate that (the keys BoP is the most recent).
    However, they removed the pay by phone service so I can't even buy any Zen anymore even if I wanted to. Go figure...
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • zululazulula Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I currently have 12 characters over 4 accounts and overall 6 of them are at level 20 leadership and the others between 18 and 19 and I think it needs to be reworked , the amount of ad coming into the game from accounts and character who do absolutely nothing but pray and renew leadership is insane and don't get on about assets , even with nothing but white assets a character with lvl 20 leadership can create 112000 ad per week for doing nothing but logging on 4 times a day through the gateway and 126000 ad a week if they log in the game itself to renew.

Now imagine that guy has five characters at level 20 leadership , that is 2 million 2 hundred and 40 thousand AD per month from characters who do nothing to contribute to the game in any way apart from flood AD into the economy , you seriously think that is sustainable ?

Am at a lost here...I have one account with six level 60 characters (one of each class) that I play daily (and another GWF lvl 60 that my grandson plays when here), and all focus on the leadership profession...yet the most AD I can earn daily is from 4000 to 5000 each character (depending how often during the day I can log in). None of them are at level 20 yet, but getting close. Since I only have the basic 'farmer', that's all the AD I can pull off. Yet doing it this way over time (am a Caturday survivor who didn't take part in the scam), I have been able to put epic gear on all my toons. As a disabled player (lost use of right hand and legs in auto accident), I rarely take part in 'partying' and do no PvP as I can't type and run/fight at the same time, so earning AD that way is extremely limited. But I still LOVE this game and will continue to play indefinitely. (Have played DDO, SWO, GW2, etc. in the past)
    So, anyway...for me, if they change the leadership profession to stop the ability to gather AD, I would be severely gimped! I have bought zen with cash before, but on a limited income, I can't do it often. So please lay off the leadership profession. Go after and ban the bots, instead of punishing the rest of us! :(
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    at level 20 leadership the base is

3 x destory enemy camp (level 20) = 12 hours for 1600 zen
    3 x fight off spell plauge (level 16) = 6 hours for 400 zen
    3 x battle undead (level 10) = 6 hours for 400 zen

so once a day = 7200 AD
    twice a day = 14400
    three times a day = 16800 AD

This is all using normal adventurers and common tasks with no materials required. the rare tasks can give more for less time and if you have upgraded workers it reduces the time allowing for more gain.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akemnos wrote: »

so once a day = 7200 AD
    twice a day = 14400

This is all using normal adventurers and common tasks with no materials required. the rare tasks can give more for less time and if you have upgraded workers it reduces the time allowing for more gain.

Exactly. With lots of green and a few blue I'm averaging 20k per day per character. It's funny because my main has so much raw AD that I've just about stopped running leadership on him.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akemnos wrote: »

so once a day = 7200 AD
    twice a day = 14400

This is presuming, of course, that you have all nine slots open.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com