What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock

Comments

• hitmarkhitmark Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    naoml wrote: »
    Dark Spiral Aura power:
    The power try to create a dark spiral even if there is one already, if you just spam the power you get => spiral, shot, spiral, shot, spiral, shot and so on.

I do believe this is intentional. It is a at-will after all, and so should have some way for us to use it to keep attacking while everything else is on cooldown. The transition from creating a spiral to launching it could perhaps use a speedup tho.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dreadtheft

I have noticed it not properly showing CD. Its look like ready but I cant use it (no animation) and getting new cd on it.

Same as Gates, they could summon without "ray" and dealing 0 dmg (dunno if this is interrupted by mobs or what).
    200_s.gif
  • mrzombashmrzombash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Gates of hell at all ranks give me 5% AP per kill
    edited July 2014
    Dreadtheft

I have noticed it not properly showing CD. Its look like ready but I cant use it (no animation) and getting new cd on it.

Same as Gates, they could summon without "ray" and dealing 0 dmg (dunno if this is interrupted by mobs or what).

As best i recall, this seems to happen to me if i let the button go before the stream shows up (for some reason or another). There is a bit of a windup time before the steam shows, and i suspect that if you let go just as the windup is finishing the game state gets confused between client and server. Client thinks the spell was canceled before windup completion, and so resets to ready. The server however see it as windup completed, and so sets it for cooldown.
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It need something, my guess it need moviment speed and/or cast while moving ability cause it cant dodge and also isnt a tank class, it's a caster with low hp/defense/ac so it wont last long, also it need to cast for far more than actual range.
    It's a class that need to keep distance and still lack ability to keep away from combat.

sorry for my bad english
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hitmark wrote: »
    As best i recall, this seems to happen to me if i let the button go before the stream shows up (for some reason or another). There is a bit of a windup time before the steam shows, and i suspect that if you let go just as the windup is finishing the game state gets confused between client and server. Client thinks the spell was canceled before windup completion, and so resets to ready. The server however see it as windup completed, and so sets it for cooldown.

Thanks for info.

Dreadtheft

Make it at least 3 sec CD on Dreadtheft (like GWF's takedown) if we missed. Its good power that we need in PvE.
    200_s.gif
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Devastating Critical

Feat increases are not reflected on the character sheet. Unsure if critical damage severity is also increased.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    After trying out the Scrourge Warlock, I am adding my voice to the call for removing the Sprint and replacing it was a Teleport. Maybe a 20ft with a five second minor stealth that breaks on combat? The sprint itself is beautiful, but it just doesn't work for the range combatant that the Warlock is.

It'd look NICE on the Warlord though. Turn the weapon around so it looks like their crying out "Charge" as they rush the enemy. Oh yeah.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    I added the code that will display the Pact Blades sheathed just yesterday. Currently they are sheathed as longswords on your left hip.

Would be awesome if it was at the back :)

Any chance of this being Possible Graalx3 ?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Accursed soul , I used it at long range on a enemy group and the only effect was that a soul puppet was summoned , the enemies didn't even agro onto me because I didn't do any damage.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Okay, so here is my further (level 60 now) feedback (I already posted feedback here, which didn't change with getting and testing at 60 with T1 gear).

First of all: I used PvP T1 set and weapons and have enough Armor Penetration (through INT and the stat) to pierce through every mobs DR.

Fiery Bolt
    Too weak. This power (non crit) couldn't even kill weaker mobs (like Sharandar's Witherer's, i.e.; damage is like ~3000). So at the moment there are better power choices, because this power is simply too weak - and this powers only purpose is to deal damage. I understand AoE isn't supposed to be a SWs strength, but with T1 gear not even able to kill the weakest mobs with one hit?! I don't know, I think the base damage could use some increase.
    Oh, and sure somebody could tell me: "Well, then simply use other powers". But optimally (and imho), power choices should be based on the situation (single target, AoE, ...). Not on the fact that some powers generally (not only situationally) are superior to others.

Harrowstorm and Wraith's Shadow
    In my previous post I already mentioned the lacking CC these powers have. This time I wanna mention their lacking damage.
    Both DoTs tick for 5 - 6 ticks, but their base damage (remember: at 60 with T1 set and weapons) is like 500 - 700 per tick (non-crit). Since, as far as I understand, SWs are supposed to be stronger in single target damage than a CW (which in turn has stronger AoE), these numbers are quite low and should be looked into. Again, these powers are not worth a slot at the moment - neither for CC nor damage.

Pillar of Power
    The damage boost when standing in it is very nice - nothing to complain about here. But
    This conduit erupts in a blaze of hellish flame if an enemy moves over it
    isn't really happening. Maybe like ~2000 damage per explosion. I think this also could use a damage increase.

EDIT:
    Vampiric Embrace
    Same thing as above: Base damage too low. Could use an increase.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Warlock's Curse - the whole marking mechanics is very boring, the combat feels sluggish, I usually don't even use at-wills, because I'm forced to constantly reapply the curse. Furthermore, the benefit from the curse is very small, 20% damage looks nice on paper, but in fact it takes a lot of time to apply-remove with an encounter-apply-remove with an encounter-apply etc. But the bonuses?

Fiery Bolt deals full damage to the targets around the main target. The curse is pulling aggro, so if you try to deal full damage to all mobs by applying the curse, you'll pull the mob you hit, they start to run towards you, and the Bolt will miss most of the damage, because it's targets were too far from the explosion. So you use it without the curse bonus, and it barely scratches them.

Vampiric Embrace has very low damage and very long cooldown, but it also removes the curse to apply a temp hp shield for less, then 2% of your maximum health, is this a joke? I don't know my current stats, but when I had 7k HP it was dealing 500 damage (I had a blue main hand for my level), the healing was 250, and the shield 125. And it possibly is getting affected by healing depression.

You can't effectively apply the curse to your targets. Let's be honest - you just copied GFs tab. But GF has Enforced Threat, Threatening Rush and tab, which applies unremovable mark. He can effectively mark any amount of targets unless the SW, that has no way to do that. Non-target system screws the ability to mark different enemies by your tab, because you can't target what you want, but target what the game wants you to. And it's sooooo sloooooow.

Shift mechanics doesn't fit the playstyle. It should've been a short 2-3 sec stealth or dodge or whatever to allow you survive for longer. Sprint doesn't provide that. I very seldom use the sprint to avoid the damage, it's drained too fast and the damage decrease it barely noticeable.

While the heroic feats are awesome, the paragon feats are bad. You can see some very good ones, and some that completely useless. If the cursed target is killed the slayer of that target is healed for 2% of your weapon damage LAWLWAT??? Two percent?? 13 health with BiS weapon, I hope this is a bug. A bunch of feats that deal damage based on you weapon damage, what are those things, why do they even exist, my lesser plaguefire deals more damage then all those feats combined.

Animations suck.

Soul Puppet is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Walks too slow, attacks to little, dies too fast.

Armor looks cool, animations look cool, sounds are decent.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • mtaxxxmtaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I like this class. It have got very nice and fun to use skills scheme. It's easy and entertaining play style.
    Though it looks very overpowered. Lack of balance is pretty big. Example is shadow sprint; While GWF got sprint that gives him nothing than speedup - Warlock got faster sprint with buffs - horribly unbalanced IMO.
    Also, it gains action points too fast. A lot too fast.
    Second thing that have made me facepalm was moving animation. What the heck is that. ( º _ ºノ) ┻━┻
    It looks like some zombie taken from cheap movie. It runs like that even while not battle, it even does not stand normally. I beg you, change it. ;__;'
    Overall, it's good, but unbalanced class. I'll surely make next character with this class. Good job.

BUGS

-While sprinitng screen sometimes flashes instead of changing color. This should be fixed ASAP, because it might be problematic for players with epilepsy.
    -Dark Spiral Aura orbs does not expire. Annoying while in town.
    -When Dark Spiral Aura gains it max, it says "{PLAYER} isn't valid target". It should be changed to be more understandable.
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys, we have a bunch of bug fixes and changes coming in the next week or so. We really want consuming your curse to feel much better than it does and so we are reinforcing that with some changes to many powers that remove curses from targets, as well as some changes to Infernal Spheres and Dreadtheft to make them a little more intuitive.

Powers
    Infernal Spheres: Infernal Spheres can now be activated while moving and can no longer be toggled off, dismissing any remaining spheres without firing them.
    Infernal Spheres: Now seek out targets every .25 seconds (down from every .75 seconds).
    Infernal Spheres: Base cooldown reduced to 8 seconds (down from 10).
    Dreadtheft: No longer requires you to hold the button down to cast it. It can now only be cancelled by Shadow Sprint (or foes using CC powers).
    Warlock's Bargain: Tooltip has been corrected to show the correct Life Steal amount per rank up.
    Warlock's Bargain: The Curse from Warlock's Bargain can now correctly be used to trigger Curse Bite without any other cursed targets.
    Warlock's Bargain: Now properly grants AP when cast.
    Blades of Vanquished Armies: Now properly grants AP when cast.
    Soul Puppet: Soul Puppets are now immune to AoE Splats and AoE damage from NPCs.

Curse Consume Changes
    Warlock's Curse: Warlock's Curse will no longer aggro NPCs when not dealing any damage.
    Vampiric Embrace: Heal from Vampiric Embrace increased to 75% of the damage dealt (up from 50%).
    Vampiric Embrace: Curse Consume: Now grants double the amount of health stolen (up from half).
    Dreadtheft: Curse Consume: Bonus Damage Resist per stack is now 6% base (up from 3%) and grants 3% more per rank (up from 1%).
    Dreadtheft: Curse Consume: Damage Resist Debuff is now 10% base (up from 6%) and is increased 5% per rank (up from 3%).
    Fiery Bolt: Curse Consume: Primary Target now takes 35% additional damage from this power. Surrounding targets take full damage from the blast.
    Harrowstorm: Curse Consume: Now prones the target for 4 seconds (up from 1 second).
    Wraith's Shadow: Immobilize Duration increased to 2.5 seconds base (up from 1.5 seconds).

Shift
    Shadow Sprint: Stamina Cost of Sprinting reduced by 40%
    Shadow Sprint: Stamina Cost to activate Sprint is now in line with Great Weapon Fighter Sprint.

Feats
    Wrathful Souls: Soul Puppets should now correctly Lifesteal for the proper amount.
    Ghastly Commander: No longer grants far more Life Steal than was intended.
    Executioner's Gift: Now properly looks at ranks in Executioner's Gift when calculating damage.
    Devastating Critical: Now properly increases Critical Severity.
    Offering to the Prisoner: No longer improperly reduces the player's damage.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer
    edited July 2014
    Pls, look into this crucial bug ASAP.
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Bug: Offering to the Prisoner
    This feat reduces your damage to 1/2/3/4/5% of your total damage after the cursed target is killed.

Thanks for your quick fixes! :)

Fixed.
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys, we have a bunch of bug fixes and changes coming in the next week or so. We really want consuming your curse to feel much better than it does and so we are reinforcing that with some changes to many powers that remove curses from targets, as well as some changes to Infernal Spheres and Dreadtheft to make them a little more intuitive.

Powers
    Infernal Spheres: Infernal Spheres can now be activated while moving and can no longer be toggled off, dismissing any remaining spheres without firing them.
    Infernal Spheres: Now seek out targets every .25 seconds (down from every .75 seconds).
    Dreadtheft: No longer requires you to hold the button down to cast it. It can now only be cancelled by Shadow Sprint (or foes using CC powers).
    Warlock's Bargain: Tooltip has been corrected to show the correct Life Steal amount per rank up.
    Warlock's Bargain: The Curse from Warlock's Bargain can now correctly be used to trigger Curse Bite without any other cursed targets.
    Soul Puppet: Soul Puppets are now immune to AoE Splats and AoE damage from NPCs.

Curse Consume Changes
    Warlock's Curse: Warlock's Curse will no longer aggro NPCs when not dealing any damage.
    Vampiric Embrace: Heal from Vampiric Embrace increased to 75% of the damage dealt (up from 50%).
    Vampiric Embrace: Curse Consume: Now grants double the amount of health stolen (up from half).
    Dreadtheft: Curse Consume: Bonus Damage Resist per stack is now 6% base (up from 3%) and grants 3% more per rank (up from 1%).
    Dreadtheft: Curse Consume: Damage Resist Debuff is now 10% base (up from 6%) and is increased 5% per rank (up from 3%).
    Fiery Bolt: Curse Consume: Primary Target now takes 35% additional damage from this power. Surrounding targets take full damage from the blast.
    Harrowstorm: Curse Consume: Now prones the target for 4 seconds (up from 1 second).
    Wraith's Shadow: Immobilize Duration increased to 2.5 seconds base (up from 1.5 seconds).

Shift
    Shadow Sprint: Stamina Cost to activate Sprint is now in line with Great Weapon Fighter Sprint.

Feats
    Wrathful Souls: Soul Puppets should now correctly Lifesteal for the proper amount.
    Executioner's Gift: Now properly looks at ranks in Executioner's Gift when calculating damage.

Nice list, One thing I would like to ask if its possible to extend the None Cursed version of Harrowstorm to 6 seconds 4.1 seconds seems very short
    edited July 2014

Brilliant , this will make this skill so much more user friendly.

Soul puppets are currently all but useless , they currently take ages to decide to attack enemies and then when they do enter combat they attack so slowly , they need to be made a lot more aggressive , like the second you attack an enemy the puppet should shoot over to the enemy group and get stuck in , right now it does next to nothing.

Ahah , I knew the stamina seemed to be getting drained very fast and recharging so slowly .
    PLEASE can you guys consider changing the sprint to a CW type teleport though , the sprint just does not fit the class plus the discription says you hide in the shadows or something , not that you catch on fire and run like a loon.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Powers

Curse Consume Changes

Shift

Feats

I dont undestand the math HR can have easy (20% from feats) 34% ls 6 dodge steath +Wild medicine heal 1400 hp per sec (10 stack) +healing effect from pvp set &full heal daly and fox encounters .
    SW class is full based on LS why cant he have this "Ghastly Commander: No longer grants far more Life Steal than was intended.2% down from 10% LS" ?He dont have 6 dodge steath and full heal.

Another question Soul Puppet: Soul Puppets are now immune to AoE Splats and AoE damage from NPCs.And i know he will die from any little add (from single target dmg he recive 2000-3000 dps from any dead ring lowest add so he will die from 2 hit and we need to wait another 15 sec )and what about the pvp ? Just asking the puppet dont deal much dps he is slow have zero skill why can he not immune to all form of dmg . By the way if you dont have Damnation path last feat he will be unsummoned after 5 hit.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited July 2014
    Some feedback regarding paragon feats.

I think this feat should deal an AoE damage, instead of single target, but the damage should be reduced to 10/20/30/40/50%.

10% of weapon damage in a single attack is too little to be noticeable, may be change it to 6/12/18/24/30%.

Again, the damage is too little, 3/6/9/12/15% would be fine.

Again, the damage is too little, 5/10/15/20/25% would be fine.

Again, the healing (this time) is too little, 10/10/30/40/50% would be fine.
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Out of combat idle and jog (not sprint, but not walk) animation:

I know a lot of people voiced their displeasure with these animations already, and I agree. However I wanted to offer some perhaps more specific feedback.

For the Out-of-Combat idle animation, just better posture all around I think would help. It looks more like we don't want to look someone in the eye rather than we are menacing. I mean, these warlocks get their power from a powerful being so they know they go into each conflict backed by dark magical powers, why not have their posture kind of signify the strength instead? Perhaps something that only leans a bit forward, but in away that's meant to intimidate and be somewhat cocksure.

For the Out-of-Combat run animation, better posture like the above. Bring the elbows in. Decrease the emphasis on the side to side animation of the arms and emphasize a more fluid forward to back motion. Rotate the hands so they look less like hooks and are in a more natural position. The Out-of-Comabt run animation looks a bit too "stompy", like they'd be really loud and I'm not sure if it's the movement of the hips/legs or the elbows, but it also looks a bit waddley too. So all in all it just looks weird.

For the Out-of-Combat jump, perhaps bring the arms down a bit so they aren't so high, but I honestly don't really pay attention to the jumps all that much since I don't jump often.

For the Walking animation, I almost never walk using the keybind. This would be the lowest priority for changes since it's mostly ignored (at least by me).

The In-Combat idle, run, jump, and Shadow Sprint animations mostly look okay to me. In combat, perhaps the warlocks go a bit more feral betraying the nature of the dark powers that fuel their magic. I'm ok with that.

Edited to be more specific based on ruffiana's clarifications of the animation types.
  • ruffianaruffiana Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the responses so far!
    As always, we are actively monitoring the thread, and will follow-up with updates that will address your issues.

Regarding the animations - We are still iterating on them internally, but will work to improve them to make them better fit the "attitude" of a Warlock.
    Lots of great feedback in here that we will be taking into consideration :)

Overall, we're parsing through a lot of very similar feedback about the characterization of the current Warlock animations, and we're deciding the best way to address those. I think the animator responsible for them was given very specific direction, which he nailed, but that direction seems to be out of sync with you guys expectations from the class. Capturing a distinct character class through animation is tricky, particularly when you guys are going to be projecting your own characters on to that avatar. It has to be a balance between a unique style that immediately sets them apart from other classes while being somewhat generic so that it doesn't overwhelm the individual characters who are members of that class.

Along those lines, it would be helpful if we could get some clarification on specifically which animations you guys are referring to. I've seen a lot of references to 'walk' and 'run', but I'm not clear on whether this means actual "walking" animation (triggered with the /walk 0|1 console command) or if by 'walk' you guys mean something like 'out of combat run'.

Internally, the animations break down like this:
    • Walking
    • Out-of-Combat Idle
    • Out-of-Combat Running
    • Out-of-Combat Jumping
    • In-Combat Idle
    • In-Combat Running
    • In-Combat Jumping
    • 'Shift' ability ("Shadow Sprint")

We don't always do this full suite, but that's the typical template for player class movement-related animations. Of those listed, which are the ones that in particular bother you the most?

Other than that, the consensus seems to be less 'simian' and more "haughty".
  • cariosdangercariosdanger Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Blade of the Dark Heart
    When hovering over it in the inventory, it displays changes if equipped to left and right hands and uses the stats of the main hand and offhand slots.
    edited July 2014
    ruffiana wrote: »
    Overall, we're parsing through a lot of very similar feedback about the characterization of the current Warlock animations, and we're deciding the best way to address those. I think the animator responsible for them was given very specific direction, which he nailed, but that direction seems to be out of sync with you guys expectations from the class. Capturing a distinct character class through animation is tricky, particularly when you guys are going to be projecting your own characters on to that avatar. It has to be a balance between a unique style that immediately sets them apart from other classes while being somewhat generic so that it doesn't overwhelm the individual characters who are members of that class.

Along those lines, it would be helpful if we could get some clarification on specifically which animations you guys are referring to. I've seen a lot of references to 'walk' and 'run', but I'm not clear on whether this means actual "walking" animation (triggered with the /walk 0|1 console command) or if by 'walk' you guys mean something like 'out of combat run'.

• Walking
    • Out-of-Combat Idle
    • Out-of-Combat Running
    • Out-of-Combat Jumping
    • In-Combat Idle
    • In-Combat Running
    • In-Combat Jumping

We don't always do this full suite, but that's the typical template for player class movement-related animations. Of those listed, which are the ones that in particular bother you the most?

Hi there

In regards to the warlock Walk,Run, Standing etc

To me, The Warlock is Noble, Proud, Confident to the point of arrogant Figure and the current Character model doesn't Compliment this.
    When the warlock Runs He looks Like he's a cross between Plant of the ages and Disney's Qausimodo :)
    When He Runs in Combat he looks Like a Defiler from LOTRO the Run in and out of Combat just doesn't Scream The Nobility, Prideful Arrogant Warlock I think what we are after is a more Refined, Posture and Combat Stance that would signify what we think of as The Scourge Warlock

I have many Designs and models and reference pictures but I cannot seem to upload pictures not sure why
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Capturing a distinct character class through animation is tricky, particularly when you guys are going to be projecting your own characters on to that avatar. It has to be a balance between a unique style that immediately sets them apart from other classes while being somewhat generic so that it doesn't overwhelm the individual characters who are members of that class.

This is a really good point and I certainly didn't mean to diminish the work the animator did on the warlock. This is kind of a side note, but I wonder if new Out-of-Combat and Walking idle animation sets we could equip could be something that's sold in the zen store to further customize our characters.
    • Walking
    • Out-of-Combat Idle
    • Out-of-Combat Running
    • Out-of-Combat Jumping
    • In-Combat Idle
    • In-Combat Running
    • In-Combat Jumping

Thanks, I've updated my post to reflect this info. :)

The more I think about that the more I like this kind of dual nature to the warlock. Where out of combat, it's, well maybe not haughty, but confident bordering on active intimidation but in combat they shed that to be more bloodthirsty/etc.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2014

• Walking
    • Out-of-Combat Idle
    • Out-of-Combat Running
    • Out-of-Combat Jumping
    • In-Combat Idle
    • In-Combat Running
    • In-Combat Jumping

hmmm... ranger has a swat aesthetics. the rogue has a "muhamed ali"footwork. cw does 'naruto jutsus" (and have a jeet kune do stance). you have a crossover OF "pop elements" of different medias to characterize the classes.

walock not have the "concept" - unless I have identified - regardless of being ugly or not. that is the first problem (and perhaps the starting point.).
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    • Walking
      I don't really like appearing to be a knuckle-dragger. I get the impression my mouth is drooling, too. I would think something like this, but a lot less pronounced - more like a limp with a slight flailing of the arm to maintain balance - but *less is more* - I don;t want to look like a drunkard Igor either.
    • Out-of-Combat Idle
      Again, perhaps a *slightly* off-balanced (rebalancing oneself) look. Something that demonstrated there is a change to this person's body, but not necessarily clear what that might be?
    • Out-of-Combat Running
      This one looks like some kind of animalistic beast (knuckle-dragger moving too fast to drag knuckles?)
    • Out-of-Combat Jumping
      I haven't paid much attention to this, so it's not fair I comment.
    • In-Combat Idle
    • In-Combat Running
      This is fine as it is (the way I see it; think Mr. Hyde to Dr.'s Jeckyl I guess).
    • In-Combat Jumping

I know how difficult creating good animation is and kudos to the animator who did these. They are good animations - just perhaps a little too over-the-top in terms of style.
    edited July 2014
    *developer feedback*

Hi! , while you are looking into changing the Warlocks movement is there any chance at all that you guys would consider changing the sprint? it seems the vast majority of players had hoped for some kind of CW style shift with maybe a short stealth at the end , the sprint just doesn't seem like the kind of thing a Warlock would do , especially considering he is a ranged class, the description for the ability even says " slips into the shadows" right now he just sets on fire and waves his blade in the air and everybody can see him .
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Blade of the Dark Heart
    When hovering over it in the inventory, it displays changes if equipped to left and right hands and uses the stats of the main hand and offhand slots.

Apparently pact blades from quest chests do not have all their flags properly set.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?701261-2-Main-hand-s-equiped
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I almost feel like the animations were tested solely on a male tiefling, because they do not look too strange on him: after all, tieflings are not human, so some shading to animalistic doesn't seem out of place.

But try a slim female half-elf (one of the races whose ability scores line up well with SW stats), and the animations turn "gorilla".

[*]Walking Standard upright posture, looks normal

[*]Out-of-Combat Idle Head is tilted so far down that you can't really see your character's face, arms too wide and elbows out too much, hands curled to suggest claws

[*]Out-of-Combat Running Elbows too wide, fingers and wrists curled to suggest animal paw

[*]Out-of-Combat Jumping Hands too high over head, wrists turned outward so hands suggest animal paw

[*]In-Combat Idle I like this, still somewhat feral looking, but with the blade out the warlock looks dangerous, which is good. Off hand is in warding position, looks fine

[*]In-Combat Running Looks fine

[*]In-Combat Jumping Looks fine

[*]'Shift' ability ("Shadow Sprint" I feel like the Psycho theme music should be playing during this animation - I mean, I know we have a blade, but we're casting spells, not stabbing people with it. It frequently flickers in an epileptic-seizure-inducing manner. On the bright side, I like the flames. I agree with others that some sort of shadowstep teleport would be more fitting, but I can live with the sprint.
  • orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow, you fixed so many of the bugs and listened to much of the feedback (thanks for the no-more-AoE on the Soul Puppet, and for the Dreadtheft change)! Thanks!

However, there is one change that I find a little strange.

This renders the Class Feature "Deadly Curse" utterly useless - there is no situation in which you would want to aggro monsters over setting up your Warlock's Curses safely out of combat. Please change Deadly Curse so that it deals damage upon entering combat, rather than immediately, if you are not already in combat.