test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140616d.2

Comments

• Options
    angusx1angusx1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why doing that to Unstoppable???? now a gwf has no chance against a Perma... or HR.. or even CWs in 1v1 node fight... Do devs actually play this game?

Fixing roar i get it, its super broken but why destroying GWF?

My Advise to the dev that has this ideas, PLAY THE GAME.
    The King
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Unstoppable has no immunity frames and sprint will rubberband you back into red routinely. That added to the fact there are dungeons where all the ground in melee range is just red AOE...GG destroyer spec.

The entire duration of Unstoppable IS an immunity frame. CC-immunity anyway.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I get that, but Unstoppable still provides CC-immunity.

And I have a GWF, I know you can sprint out of red areas. It's just that right now there's no reason to- in fact it's beneficial to stand in red because it gives you unstoppable/Godmode that much faster.

Unless your meter isn't full and it's a prone (plague maw circle, say). Sometimes it's better to not eat that.

I'll test it, but I'm currently skeptical about survivability. When I play CW, I still have to avoid certain hits to stay sufficiently alive for lifesteal to do its work, and am doomed if I miscalculate. GWF has a bit more flexibility in what to avoid, right now. A max-DPS Destroyer is still arguably pretty glass cannon, and while mine isn't quite built that way, I play him to take big risks for big gains. It's a pretty major change.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The entire duration of Unstoppable IS an immunity frame.

Yeah well, guess what.... Not if they take away most of the damage resistance.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    angusx1 wrote: »
    Why doing that to Unstoppable???? now a gwf has no chance against a Perma... or HR.. or even CWs in 1v1 node fight... Do devs actually play this game?

Fixing roar i get it, its super broken but why destroying GWF?

My Advise to the dev that has this ideas, PLAY THE GAME.

Did you miss that the nerfed every single power/feat for CWs? We are casting rainbows now and fluffy bunnies are coming out of our asses, Im sure your GWF can handle them.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    C'mon guys, you don't think it's a little nuts for a class that specs pure damage to have a practically spammable ability that gives them 50% DR?

It's still going to give CC-immunity and 10% isn't nothing.

As for Destroyers falling down dead in PVE, I don't think they will any more than CWs do. Maybe it won't be quite as "I can stand in anything no problem", but lifesteal is still going to give big heals.

50% DR almost never happens most GWFs end up using it WELL before @ around the 25-30% mark because they most likely have ate about 20% of their HP lost.

They have zero way to avoid damage, sprint is a joke compared to animation timers. Maybe if they removed the ability of "dodge" or "teleport" to cause encounters to not hit, then sure this would be alright.

Actually theres the solution, if you takedown a CW they shouldnt be able to teleport AWAY from it, teleport must be done prior as a pure gap creator, then 5-10% seems fair.

Destroyers are dead now for PVE and PVP. Setninels are the only PVP spec viable now and with permas and HRs(who actually got a buff here) they basically take such a back seat noone will even play them anymore.

Its really sad
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow guys I know that many of you might be angry but just insulting teh devs will get you nothing. You have the chance of being constructive and trying to bend things in your favor, or you can just insult and troll and get nothing, it's your choice.
    I agree with mostly all the changes, I think they are in the right direction and most of them were needed, I'm not sure about the % of damage nerf but that will have to be tested.

Someone said CWs cast too slow, that TR's cast faster, OF COURSE TR's cast faster, because our skills don't engulf 10+ enemies and do 10k+ damage to anyone.

Some GWFs complain that some abilities now take 9 secs to cast, really? we TRs have many abilities that take over 15 secs, and don't even do much damage anyway, so don't complain about that. 9 secs is fine, you should use all your abilities, not just spam one of them all the time.
    for GFs and GWFs you'll have to learn to pvp in a different way, many of us think that it's unfair that you can chain prone someone to death without them having any chance to do anything. (and l2p or dodge the first attack isn't a good advice, thanks) I know that people complain about perma TRs for teh same thing, and I agree. And even if the devs haven't posted anything about TRs yet, they have already said that a stealth rework is being worked on.

About HR I don't have much to say, I've never played one, but from what I've read it should buff the archer part, which was needed, for now they looked like another melee class.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    HR's and TR's are the ones we are worried about, they will be the uncontested king of the hill, I guess all the flavor of the month guys will just switch, like usual, but all the hardcore players that stick to their classes through thick and thin are getting shafted .

That said CW will be able to kit us around undefinately .
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    HR's and TR's are the ones we are worried about, they will be the uncontested king of the hill, I guess all the flavor of the month guys will just switch, like usual, but all the hardcore players that stick to their classes through thick and thin are getting shafted .

and 70k HP GFs that just stand on a node and don't die but equally will never kill anyone(because they don't do enough damage and with the rush nerf can't catch anyone anyway).
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    no word on Black Ice Gear Sets??
    they re completly useless cause of their 2 set stats bonus and 4 set bonus ICD
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    50% DR almost never happens most GWFs end up using it WELL before @ around the 25-30% mark because they most likely have ate about 20% of their HP lost.

They have zero way to avoid damage, sprint is a joke compared to animation timers. Maybe if they removed the ability of "dodge" or "teleport" to cause encounters to not hit, then sure this would be alright.

Actually theres the solution, if you takedown a CW they shouldnt be able to teleport AWAY from it, teleport must be done prior as a pure gap creator, then 5-10% seems fair.

Destroyers are dead now for PVE and PVP. Setninels are the only PVP spec viable now and with permas and HRs(who actually got a buff here) they basically take such a back seat noone will even play them anymore.

Its really sad

I don't think it is sad.

Right now GWF do the most damage/are most tanky/have most prones. Add to this they can sprint away from combat at a whim. They had to correct this. The unstoppable mechanic for destroyer was way out of bounds. Gave them too much protection that there was no point to play sentinel. Destroyer had best of everything.

I like the fact that you have to chose now, be tanky or do lots of damage. Leaving unstoppable unchanged, would limit any attempt to implement this.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Most has allready been said.

CW:
    Was really bad in PvP and got 'buffed' with more single target dmg and longer chasting times. You do know, that a dead CW does not deal dmg at all. If I had not stopped playing my CW in PVP, now would be the time.

The best group features, like debuff and CC got nerfed, so now we will use OF, be hated and have an excuse for playing like egoistic maniacs. You know, that the damage debuffs of feats and powers add up, just checking.

GWF:
    I could live with most of the nerfs, but unstopable, really? You REALLY nerfed the class feature to the ground for everything but sentinel? You nerfed TR dmg to the ground bc you did not want to touch the class features, but you think this is a good idea for GWF?

My first impression is, lets look at the new class for PvE or keep CW, roll a HR for PvP or stop playing at all.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I think it remains to be seen if Destroyer won't be able to PVE, but I still think the general idea is right. You shouldn't be topping the DPS charts with the tankiest class in the game.

Announced nerfs were lessoned in the transition from mod2 to mod3, so if you guys test Destroyer out in dungeons and it's totally not viable, I'm willing to bet they'll alter some of the changes.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The way people play GWF now, im not surprised they cry.

I made my GWF before all this when i have to move around to avoid dying. With lifesteal + the same damage GWFs currently do, they will be able to stay alive, It's just this new age of GWFs will have to learnt to sprint out of danger if they put themselves somewhere foolish, or their team mates are not supporting them.

Unstoppable will give you +100% attack speed, + encounter/everything damage, +10% resist. A dps class/spec shouldn't be able to tank, thats why theres this class that you may have rarely seen called a GF.

The changes that affect PvP are questionable though, (for CWs too). We just need to see what TRs turn out like.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2014

You do know that GWF are king of the hill now right, everyone in pvp is that or ranger in order to be god mode. you couldn't have thought it would last
  • Options
    ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A good HR is about on par with a good GWF, we are the only ones able to counter them really, and it is far from being an easy fight, it can go either way, TR's have started adapting and are doing much better now too, some of them can kill top notch HR's and GWF's albeit, its not an easy match and they will probable lose 2 out of 3 of those fights .
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • Options
    bitestongue1bitestongue1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am, at best, a mediocre player whose main is a CW. I'm not interested in being at the top of any rankings nor do I PVP. I also have a DC, TR and HR. Yet even my uninformed self looks at the changes to the CW and winces, cringes, and says "Ouch". Upping the timers on the spells is, in itself, a huge nerf. There was nothing wrong with the timers before the change because isn't that one of the purposes for the Recovery stat? And isn't the Recovery stat one of the reasons it's a priority on a Control Wizard to begin with? I don't know where to begin with the rest of the changes to the CW.

As for the Hunter...I just don't get it. These changes are completely illogical. Don't get me wrong, I love my hunter and have a lot of fun playing her but it's my understanding that the Archery feats were nerfed quite some time ago, then there were the nerfs that came with mod 3...and NOW Archery is being revisited and buffed again? If you feel you have to go back and and rebuff a line that you nerfed in the first place doesn't that say something about your balancing process? As one player commented, shouldn't these checks and balances to the classes be done on a small scale rather than in large sweeping strokes as it appears that these large class changes have unforeseen consequences that show up down the road?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There's lots of small changes, lots of powers have their damage nerfed about 10% I would say that's a smaller scale change.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    erezwhiteerezwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What about DCs? are they in line up with your internal testings ?
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dearest Lord, talk about some changes! Going to take a while to consider my thoughts on these.

Wow, wow, wow.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Main reason HR is doing so good right now is because the set bonus is broken. It's getting nerfed into oblvion if you didn't notice.

I don't know much about HR. What I do know is that Mouz and Exka are pretty much the best HR's in the **** game... by a LONG shot... and they are both drooling and laughing while reading these changes. That says something...
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    These changes are a mixed bag. Looking forward to testing them on preview and really seeing how it is.

After reading the entire thread so far, I can say 2 things:

First people should never cry nerf this class or nerf that class, it always ends badly for all.

Second, all these changes were ask for from other then the class that plays them, and mainly on a pvp point of view, be careful what you ask for.

Some interesting changes, and will make you have to make choices in your builds. I promise these are not the final nor only changes coming. These are just the ones being put on preview currently.
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    [*]Stormspell Mage
    • Eye of the Storm: This power now has an ICD of 90 seconds. Base Duration increased to 4 seconds (up from 2). Duration increase per rank increased to 1 (up from .5).

So it'll be even more useless than the DC "Prophetic Action" feat. Who would put any points into either considering how high up in the power tree they are?

I expect we'll get free respecs considering the other nerfs galore. :/
  • Options
    dynamaxusdynamaxus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There's a lot to absorb, some changes look mostly positive.

I'll keep my feedback brief.

I think the GWF unstoppable change cuts way too deep, and forces the Sentinel T5 power too hard.

It severely limits the primary class power of unstoppable as a tool from every GWF that is not Sentinel - and makes it barely functional for pretty much your entire L1-45 career (roughly). That seems like an odd direction.

Rather than /10 and then allow Sentinel's Aegis to multiply by 10, really 1/2 > x2 is probably enough.

(12.5% > 25%, 25% > 50% with Sentinels Aegis 1 > 5)
  • Options
    doomspell123doomspell123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like the changes personally, overall CW in PVE will be brought down to support the group more than just nuking everything in 1 rotation if the mobs are lucky to survive a full rotation and will let the actual DPS classes do the nuking. PVP seems like CWs got a bit of a buff especially considering the changes to other classes.

GWFs are OP as hell in every aspect in both PVE and PVP, maybe I'll actually bother sprinting now out of the big red areas/like I did pre-mod2 or spec to sentinel again in PVE, in PVP they may need a little bit of a buff after this depending on how it all turns out after testing but right now its so over the top OP broken its not even funny and being toned down is a step in the right direction.

GF and HR need the buffs in PVE, in PVP however, this seems like an over the top buff for the HR making them more OP than GWFs are now and more than HRs are with the broken set.

Still waiting on TR stealth changes to see how the class will play out, but so far it seems like GWFs sentinels and GFs will be the tanks, CWs and HRs will play controller/controller with higher DPS respectively or pure DPS for HRs and TRs/GWFs destroyers will play pure DPS while DC maintaines their status as buffer debuffer and maybe a healer every now and then. to me it seems like the synergy between classes and class diversity in parties in both PVE and PVP went up a lot, it will no longer be a 1 OP classes running ahead clearing 5 players or all the mobs while the rest are playing the same class or running behind holding towels to wipe the sweat off that said class.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think the devs are trying to change the way many people run dungeons, that is running and gathering mobs all around, putting them together and then nuking them all at the same time. That explains most of the changes to CWs, GWFs and GFs. I think they actually want tanks to be required too.
    I'm also waiting what do they have in mind for TRs, let's hope they have some changes planned already.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is all a really bad joke, right? Right???

I hope Mod 4 has an amazing solo campaign, since dungeons and PvP are now shot. These changes kill the two classes I play, and do nothing to help the two classes I don't play. I guess you want us all to roll Rangers.

I'm a player, not a Dev, I can't give you constructive suggestions. All I can do is tell you what I won't spend my money on. You already did that in the OP.
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, those of us that used Trample of the Fallen (for both GF and GWF) are now stuck with a useless power since only dailies will remain their prone. or am I missing something?
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I play a GF as my main, so I cannot comment on the other classes with too much knowledge.

First, this second nerf to Frontline Surge and added nerf to Threatening Rush is due to the cross-pollination of the GWF and the GF paragon classes. The reduction of damage and prone length to FS in the first nerf, and now the change from prone to stun, is because of the base damage that the GWF can do while using FS. The GF, with 1/2 the damage of the GWF, needed the prone to be more equal. Also, it is yet unknown how a change from Prone to Stun affects other feats as well as companion choice (e.g., the Panther's 10% damage bonus to Prone targets). The shift is not a small one. Here is an idea, Cryptic. How about you create a separate paragon path for the GWF, and restore the GF back to original stats for FS? In addition, if you do keep the Threatening Rush change as described, you undo the very kind of skill it is designed to be...At-Will. At-Will means that as long as I press it for an option, it works (with animation delays of course). But, a cooldown timer is not an At-Will. Cooldown timers are Encounter powers. Are you removing Threatening Rush as an At-Will and making it an Encounter power? Actually, if this is the case, I would not be so disturbed. First, make its cooldown affected by recovery as everything else. Second, I can slot it instead of FS and use it to mark everything in PvP as an encounter that can go with Bronzewood affects. But, if you keep it as an At-Will, it is no longer an At-Will. Or how about giving the GF another At-Will short range distance closer to keep up with every other class that can port, jump, skip, or run away?

Second, I like the added hitpoints and boosted threat. This will boost the value of regeneration as well. I could see the GF becoming a real tank now. And with the nerfs to the dps machines in PvE (the CW) and PvP (the GWF), maybe, just maybe a tanky GF would not be a tag-along or a middling interloper who is target practice for uber HRs and TRs.

Third, the changes to Guard Meter and how it reduces damage will need to be tested. Is it 80% damage is absorbed, and then all the GF stats come into play with the remaining 20%? Or is it 80% absorbed, and 20% will hit all the time? It could be very good, or slightly better.

Fourth, the change to Armor of Bahamut is sufficiently enticing to consider it for 5 feats. Why? Reduction of 10% damage at low stamina may...I repeat...may be better than a boost in AC by 5 (or DR by 2.5%, other feats included). In fact, the protector path may be worth the damage mitigation: 5% added deflect (permanent), 10% reduction of damage loss when stamina is low, 10% reduction in loss to stamina (permanent), 15% damage increase to stab and shield slam (permanent), and 10% reduction of damage to foe with 5 hits.... So, imagine the scenario where a GF has Full Protector as above, 50% DR, full stamina, epic leprechaun (10% AoE damage reduction), epic honey badger (10% damage reduction below 35% hit points), 42k hit points and 13% regeneration. Me likey!!!!
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

This discussion has been closed.