What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140616d.2

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    When people say "intead of nerfing classes, buff the other classes" that wouldn't be a wise move for many reasons.
    Some CWs/GWFs groups take less than 10 mins to finish a whole dungeon already, if other classes were all to their level, can you guess what would happen? 5 min dungeons? Dungeons should take longer than that.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    doctordarkspawndoctordarkspawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    When people say "intead of nerfing classes, buff the other classes" that wouldn't be a wise move for many reasons.
    Some CWs/GWFs groups take less than 10 mins to finish a whole dungeon already, if other classes were all to their level, can you guess what would happen? 5 min dungeons? Dungeons should take longer than that.

Yet nerfing the other classes deminishes their roles and inherently breaks the game, cause the GWF, the interfearence man, the dude that can take and dish, when either one's not there....cannot do his job anymore. As just an example.
  • Options
    lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Yet nerfing the other classes deminishes their roles and inherently breaks the game, cause the GWF, the interfearence man, the dude that can take and dish, when either one's not there....cannot do his job anymore. As just an example.

Well you have to buff the instances. Usually when new content is put out like has been the last few mods (better gear, more refined abilities, artifacts, enchants ect. ect.) there are new instances put out with difficulty levels that are in line with that content. You can't do step 1 and not step 2 and expect **** to work still. so yes, buffing the other classes IS the answer, but you have to buff content aswell.
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I agree completely. You have to equallize the playing field, but debuffing the other's isent the way to do that. The HR is geting fit for the new content, it's geting more offense. The CW is geting downgraded so they cant stunlock everything.

I agree with the statement, and the idea. Not how their doing it for the GWF.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So you can either nerf 1 class to make it in line with the rest or buff all other classes and change how all dungeons work in order to make all classes even, mmmh I wonder which one is less work.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you're nerfing the hell out of cw damage, at least give them more control. It's also ironic that they have more cast times than other classes in pvp yet don't have the damage or the tankyness of other classes. I realise that it's still a wip so hopefully you'll soften the blows and maybe compensate other areas. But something definitely needs to be done to make the cw viable in pvp. Last time you nerfed the cw control, people just ran more cw especially for CN where the mobs are completely out of hand.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So you can either nerf 1 class to make it in line with the rest or buff all other classes and change how all dungeons work in order to make all classes even, mmmh I wonder which one is less work.

Breaking a class by destroying it's ability to do what it's supposed to do is not right nor correct for this situation. That has not changed.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ontisz wrote: »
    I've been through quite some trouble to claim the "top PVE HR" title, which I'll be having until someone else claims it. Now... it is OUR turn to be loved in various dungeons and skirmishes. It is OUR turn to be the FOTM. It is OUR turn to rise and shine.

Lol!

That would be the warlock!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Breaking a class by destroying it's ability to do what it's supposed to do is not right nor correct for this situation. That has not changed.
    so what's the class suposed to do? for the gwf is the class supposed to have the best offense/defense/cc resist/gap closers? I doubt so, they need to be toned down, hard.
    it's true that CWs need help in pvp atm, but they need to be toned down in PVE too. that's what was done. They already mentioned they'll see what do to about control later, but want to see the damage part now.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ******, please stop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the pve classes because of pvp complaints!
    If you insist on changing things every two weeks to try to respond to "I'm getting pwn'd by [X], it needs nerfing", put in something that will create different effects from the powers for pvp than they do for pve, then nerf away in pvp to your heart's content.
  • Options
    ontiszontisz Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Claiming to be top " PvE HR" is like being the smartest kid on the short bus...

Call us when PvE becomes challenging.

Challenging PVE.
    In a game of QWE.
    Haven't laughed this hard since '45.
    Mi-Ala Starbreeze : HR main. Best PVE HR out there, until someone proves me wrong.
    I've threatened Ghostcrawler and got permabanned at Blizzard forums.
    I went mad at PL "community" in SWTOR and got permabanned.
    Believe me, you don't want to see the tickets I used to sent to CCP. I got permabanned from EVE.
    I was infuriated by the amount of autists in League of Legends and got permabanned. Twice.
    Cryptic, here I go.
    Lo and behold.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    so what's the class suposed to do? for the gwf is the class supposed to have the best offense/defense/cc resist/gap closers? I doubt so, they need to be toned down, hard.
    it's true that CWs need help in pvp atm, but they need to be toned down in PVE too. that's what was done. They already mentioned they'll see what do to about control later, but want to see the damage part now.

It is supposed to be the cross between the trickster rouge and the Guardian fighter. It is supposed to help one out with it's role if it is absent or unable to take the full load. It is, little more then a fulcrum. The Control powers....let's be honest. The GWF dosent have alot of them. It's supposed to help with tanking or damnage, in either way. The purest form of this, is the instigator tree, which provides bonus's to combat advantage.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Then no point in achieving boons and better gear if we couldn't finish dungeons faster.
    So it should work like that?
    A secret ingame clock says oh they finish dungeons under 5-10 minutes now! Its time to nerf back to stone age to start over buffing themselves up...?

It should be make harder dungeons which I was so looking forward in mod4.
    Now I am unsure that I am looking forward any of it.
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    6/20 10:35am PST: This is currently scheduled to go to Preview today starting at 12:30 and should be back up no later than 2pm or so.

There will be Official feedback threads for the various subjects soon as well.

I notice there is once again no mention of any additions or improvements to Foundry.
    What happened to what was being stated earlier that Foundry was finally going to get shown some love with Mod 4?
    For that matter, where's the promised "we'll add it in soon" stuff from Mod 3?

Please tell me you're not going to once again focus on pvp at the expense of Foundry. Foundry should be what sets this game apart from all of the others, and instead it gets ignored.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It is supposed to be the cross between the trickster rouge and the Guardian fighter. It is supposed to help one out with it's role if it is absent or unable to take the full load. It is, little more then a fulcrum. The Control powers....let's be honest. The GWF dosent have alot of them. It's supposed to help with tanking or damnage, in either way. The purest form of this, is the instigator tree, which provides bonus's to combat advantage.
    I didn't say control, I said cc resist (aka unstoppable).
    Also, are they "helping rogues with the damage" now? no. They're doing it 100 times better damage than rogues, are they "helping GFs with the tanking"? no, they're doing it 100 times better too. So they clearly aren't doing what they are supposed to do, they're not "helping" anyone, they're doing both things much better than the rest.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    @ontisz
    Celebrating over other classes getting nerfed is a very very silly thing to do, and unhealthy for everyone. Oh, and by the way, PvE HR benefits a ton from a CW or GWF being in the party. Without them being effective or even present, you are losing too. So go on, gloat over how you think you will be the new FOTM, but don't come crying to us when you realize you were wrong. Really though, that kind of thing has no place anywhere and is destructive to the community and the game as a whole.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I didn't say control, I said cc resist (aka unstoppable).
    Also, are they "helping rogues with the damage" now? no. They're doing it 100 times better damage than rogues, are they "helping GFs with the tanking"? no, they're doing it 100 times better too. So they clearly aren't doing what they are supposed to do, they're not "helping" anyone, they're doing both things much better than the rest.

The Rouge class is burst. The GWF is Sustained. Their helping kill the target's faster, it just happens that Sustained damnage counts for more on the charts.

The GWF is allso the one generating more threat and taking fire -off- the Trickster rouge. So once again, they are helping from a gameplay standpoint.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    my point still stands, why make a TR or a GF if I can make a GWF and be better at both things? that's not balanced at all. and it's what they want to change now. Besides the rogue is hardly burst dps or any kind of dps in its current state, maybe "baby dps". XD
    EDIT: for 100000000000 time it's not rouge it's ROGUE! we're not make up!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    myrnymmyrnym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2014
    Can you help out GFs while keeping the GWF nerfs? Not nerf the same abilities for both simultaneously?

GFs are still crappy on damage and mobility, and the block change hurt their survivability, rather than helping it.

And that's not even talking about their role in PvP.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    They said that they're evaluating making the skills work different for the 2 classes, depending on other factors too, but want to see how they work for now.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    my point still stands, why make a TR or a GF if I can make a GWF and be better at both things? that's not balanced at all. and it's what they want to change now. Besides the rogue is hardly burst dps or any kind of dps in its current state, maybe "baby dps". XD
    EDIT: for 100000000000 time it's not rouge it's ROGUE! we're not make up!

Dident mean to mispell my words, but it provides the perfect point i try to make. Rogue and Guardian fighter's are extremes. The Great weapon fighter is versetile. And it's better then both.

There's no two ways about it. They want to ballance it? Make each class better in their own respective fields. Their doing the HR overhaul cause it's supposed to be a TR and CW cross, and it dosent cut it.

And i could make a comment about that bit at the end, being proof of a vanity thing for rouges, but i'm above that.
  • Options
    catnipcottagecatnipcottage Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "Wilds Medicine: Deflecting attacks cause the Hunter to be healed for 1/2/3/4/5% of their HP over 15 seconds. This effect can stack."

Holy, holy, holy!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    They're also trying to make the other classes better at their field, atleast the GF for now. They're trying to make it better for tanking. I hope we'll eventually get some TR notes that show they're trying to make them better at single target DPS too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    rescorlianrescorlian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have, since the closed beta, played the GWF. It has been since day one my favorite class simply because it matches how I like to play the most. At first, it was certainly

not the best class and has been through highs and lows. The most recent changes have been the most frustrating. Why is it, time and time again, the PvE players must suffer the consequences of the PvP players?

For me it comes down to very simple logic; why is my gaming experience being affected by those that are perpetually unhappy? Constantly the changes it seems come from (failed) attempts to balance the classes for what started off as a side to the game (PVP). These individuals, who play half of the game are the problem. They're the ones that are going to cash for AD sites, they want nothing to do with the PvE portion of the game. Then they come on here, whine, *****, moan and complain about anything, everything, and
    their dogs. They are also the ones being listened to. How does this make sense? They contribute nothing and take everything.

Think about this logic for a moment. PVPers are the ones that are breaking the ToS but are listened and given credit. Is PvP the true purpose of this game? That's the impression that is given. You're supporting and heeding the ones that are taking money out of your pockets and giving it to others. Let's also look at the basis of all this, Dungeons and Dragons. For any and all who have played any of it, the goal has always been to adventure, complete dungeons, and quests. Is it to go from place to place finding other DnD groups and fight one another? NO! It seems like much of the point is being missed here, and some severely broken logic is being followed. Why are the PvE players being punished for those that want nothing to do with it? Why is it that these individuals are being listened to? Do they
    bring anything to the table other then complaining and then going on to claim that they are better, superior gamers? As I see it, nothing, less than nothing. They bring AD farmers and give them a market. Why was the recent change to Coalescent wards purchased via trade bars made? The PvP players don't care. They get the best deal on AD as it is because you go to any of those sites and you get 10mil AD for $50

An even better question is why my experience is being nerfed to make another's better? How is this ok? The essence of each individual class shouldn't be lost. You look at any DnD , forgotten realms, Dragonlance literature or story lines, who are the big damage dealers? The mages (CW) Elminster, Red Wizards of Thay, and Liches. For melee combatants, barbarians, fighters, sword dancers, they get in close and have abilities (threatening Rush) to get them in close. They deal damage while having staying power. It's why even though perma stealth rogues are frustrating (SO VERY SO) to deal with, they're perfect. That's what a rogue is! And the CW nerf is ignoring what a mage is: a big magic dealer. The HR shouldn't deal big damage, they sit in the back and shoot arrows to aid in the fight. Kill off goblins and anything that goes down with one shot (taulmaril the heart seeker being an exception) even still, a distraction and a strategic advantage nothing more. What else do they bring to the table? Nothing else, damage. The goal here is to nerf every other class to make one class work. Unstoppable worked perfectly the way it was like a barbarian. They could go below 0 HP and keep going. Only place that unstoppable is a problem is in PvP (once again we come to PvP). You want to balance the classes? How can you do so when they're in constant flux? When trying to balance an equation, or a vehicle (anything really), you don't move EVERYTHING all at once. You move small individual parts. One of the most successful games out there at the moment, League of Legends. Look at they way they handle character changes. They make minuscule alterations to very specific aspects and then see how it goes. The definition of insanity is to keep trying the same thing over and over and expect different results each time. IF that is the case, I accuse the devs of being thoroughly insane.

A good point is brought up time and time again. Paying customers support the devs and community by contributing funds to those that put their time and effort into making new content and maintaining the current. So once again I bring up (for me) what is simple logic: the ones being listened to are the ones not paying Cryptic, but AD farmers. That, is bad logic.

As a whole, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, the cry babies are heeded, and the rest of us pay the consequences. Want a solution for the PvP whiners? Stop altering the classes and make the changes on the gear they use. You find the BIGGEST jerks in this game in the PvP section of the game. Just read the forums, proof is in the pudding. But no no, let's let them make the calls.

I will say something positive, the buffs to the GF are a good start. they got hosed time and time again. But the HR? Really?!

Final thought, PvP is the problem. I have made a GWF specifically for PvP to try it out and see what the big deal to it is. You look at the boards, what's the top? HR, GF and GWF, some TR. It seems like facts are being ignored to silence those that contribute only *****ing.
    Bonk - Damage dealing machine and midnight lover of all things tasty

The first inner look at majesty - https://youtu.be/8Yavk790hMA
    The second build and some fun - https://youtu.be/b5U0H-Mdkxg
    A little update - https://youtu.be/0F-qUKOv4UU
    The thread where this can be found - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210188/bonk-a-tale-of-damage
  • Options
    ontiszontisz Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Let's be truly honest, GWFs have two CC abilities that utterly decimate their enemies in PVP, unless those are HRs. And on top of that one of those abilities literally has no cooldown if missed/dodged.
    They have several abilties to sustain multiple hits from multiple enemies in PVE. And when they're actually brought down in HP, hell yeah, FOR KHAZ'MODAN™ kicks in and some DR close in total to 90% is applied.
    Ah yes, "balance".

rescorlian wrote: »
    I will say something positive, the buffs to the GF are a good start. they got hosed time and time again. But the HR? Really?!

Hi, I am Joe the Weezurd. I have 11k GS gear and I deal overall damage that of 15k GS HR in a decent VT run. Y u want to buff them? HRs r purrfectly fine. Hurr durr.
    Mi-Ala Starbreeze : HR main. Best PVE HR out there, until someone proves me wrong.
    I've threatened Ghostcrawler and got permabanned at Blizzard forums.
    I went mad at PL "community" in SWTOR and got permabanned.
    Believe me, you don't want to see the tickets I used to sent to CCP. I got permabanned from EVE.
    I was infuriated by the amount of autists in League of Legends and got permabanned. Twice.
    Cryptic, here I go.
    Lo and behold.
  • Options
    junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I will give a chance to the changes made to CW and try them, I'm not happy with them, mind you, but I'll try because I don't want to quit playing the game just yet.

But if they affect the game just as much as I'm thinking then the CWs will be useless in so many instances that, it being my main focus on the game, will leave me without a purpose.

What I'm afraid of is that CW are losing CC capability, with the increased cooldowns, but maybe that could be balanced with a new item setup. Not only that in PvE where sometimes the full-time-CC is the only chance a CW has to survive, but in PvP, where tenacity reduces control duration but losing burst capability, thus allowing other survivor classes to heal fully or to engage in some kind of prone lock, which happens against GFs o GWFs.
    Maybe with the ArP working our skills will do more damage, or not. Maybe if the HR set for heal-upon-deflect gets fixed we won't heal because now we will either be going at-will or nothing most of the time.
    Maybe I'm even saying stupid things, that's why I'll see where this is going to. But I need to point what I think, because the preview is supposed to be there for the Devs to get feedback, right?

It just seems that there's no point having a CW in a party anymore.

Want heals? Get a DC. (Poor things aren't even needed for most "end-game" runs, in PvP are only useful for "helping" and aren't even rewarded for the heal done or damage taken, maybe the most sorry class in the game, stopped playing mine after Mod2, so I won't even start a fight that I lost long ago.)
    Want ranged-dmg? Get a HR.
    Want tanking? Get a GWF or GF(?).
    Want melee-dmg? Get a TR or GWF.
    Want control? CW? What for?

CW can only control a tiny bit of monsters at the same time now (AS pull capability reduced and others), with increased interval between rotations most monsters will either be already killed or only the CC immune (elites/bosses) will be alive, so CW will either go for full DMG on PvE, where other classes now will have a slight advantage, or wont be needed at all. Sure pushing around helps in some fights like SP, but even a cleric can handle the aggro and then the monsters can be wiped later.

For PvP we get some single-target boost, but at what cost? The cast time? It seems that CW won't be allowed to move alone anymore because they can be killed during in-between-rotations gap. Should go for a defensive CW? But the Control aspect was just nerfed! TR and GWF can just skip our CC altogether with ITC and Unstoppable and do their thing, HR will keep on an infinite interrupting roll (maybe they should have cast increase too, no?), DC (meh?) will probably be able to heal everything back while you wait for recharge if you can't kill or miss something, and GFs, I have no idea, since they're like some kind of rare species, but will probably sit there with their shields and prones and laugh at you?
    I won't even mention how many times I've failed to cast Chill Strike because someone interrupts. Or how some people get to escape an Ice Knife that was following an Entangling Force because it lasts absolutely nothing (only by casting Ice Knife after Icy Rays I can get to hit someone without it being dodge, now it will be even easier for them)! Plus EoTS will be something stupid to have, since I need to ignore it because the other player is immune sometimes when it procs, now I have to be lucky enough to have it proc when I have something useful out of cooldown, the other player can't bee immune or able dodge and if I miss it will have to wait a whole 90s for those same conditions to match again! Better having anything else in that slot, if you ask me.
    Been using Ray of Enfeeblement for its quick cast and a team-based play-style where I could go to #2 on Domination and debuff enemies while they ganged on me and hope for my team to kill them before they kill me.
    Maybe we should get 5 dodges (surprised we didn't get an internal cooldown or that little something feat).
    Or maybe CWs will now be only a tricky class based on pushing players far away on the flags. Which is stupid, if you ask me.
    Or maybe a freeze-limited-targets-without-damage-oppressor-only-class. Worth a try?
    Or maybe I should go check Master of Flame for some dot-while-running-and-using-pot. Which won't ever kill some classes.
    Or maybe this is a signal that means I should grow up and forget gaming? (Err... no?!)

Most of this rework to CWs makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    most of the CW changes are aimed at reducing their aoe damage so people don't stack cws for a dungeon. pvp still needs some rework though. cw's need some help in there.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    and you think I haven't spent money in this game? on my tr? even considering where PVE trs are now? but when they say they'll nerf something about trs I don't go posting ragequit comments, I just learn and adapt to the new situation, and if it's no fun anymore for me, then I just look for it in some other game. Also, every ragequit comment is a potential thousand sales lost? hardly. it just means 1 person is angry and inmature about it.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What little people have on this game is geting changed. If the changes invalidate what little you did, how much money you spent, what is the point of staying aboard?

PWE notices comments like that. Every comment like that is a potential thousand sales they lose. It's a legitimate stratagy, as the free market regulates itself. So your 'suck it up' philosophy, dosent hold up to practical buisness.

Eitherway. I doubt these changes will stick, if PWE got the same message they got when they tried to nerf the HR to death.

Anyone who spends money on an MMO, thinking that it is "set in stone" and not subject to change is either unaware of how MMOs work, or has a false sense of assurance. I'm sorry to say this, but you can't invest in an MMO expecting a great degree of permanence...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My 2 cents is... please make TRs viable in PVE again, up their damage. This is my main class and PVE is my favorite but no one wants useless TR. Heck, I've even been in a group for VT where 2 CWs left after seeing my class, I was 14k at the time and had experience. They didn't want to 'carry me' and in a way, I can't blame them.
    Before people complain about these possible changes they should try them out first, CWs look like they got it too much though. We need their cc in dungeons, GFs should be needed in dungeons - I feel worse for them than I do TRs. The decreased damage resistance on Unstoppable is too much also, GWFs are very easy to dodge when they're unstoppable and then it runs out...now they won't be worth dodging
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
This discussion has been closed.