test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many 7/7's sice you got a coal ward? Data needed, be accurate.

Comments

• tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    5 toons using the 7/7 box and 5 CW since the change. 1 early on, then nothing for a couple months, then 2 in a row on the same toon, then 2 more 1-off's in the last month or so.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Got like 2 a couple weeks ago here with about 11 or so alts invoking and doing the box that can drop them.

I think about 4-5 total since Module 2.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A couple since mod 3 between 3 chars.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    11 characters. 3 wards for sure but I have a feeling I'm forgetting one.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Zero!!!! Not even one!!!!!
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have been invoking with 2 characters for 6mo.+ and have never received a coal.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just have to remember that, in this game, the RNG is crazy streaky and most assuredly plays favorites. For instance, I have never gotten a special drop from any CtA EVER. In fact, the only special drop from anything in the game, outside of the current Lockboxes (which have actually been good to me) the only special drop I have ever gotten is One. Single. Portal. Hound. Once. That's it. every single other thing that could have a special drop of any kind has been a bust. Again, this is from a Founder who has been playing since Beta. That is including all other Lockboxes (I always open a couple, maybe 10-20 total, of each kind, sometimes a few more if I'm feeling particularly flush), all Module Solo Dungeons, all Special Event Bags, Chests, and Drops, all CtA's, all Heroic Encounters, and all Dungeons.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    6 Wards since February from 7 chars. 2 before from 5. I started playing dec 5 last year and only get the coffers, though I did buy a campaign treasure box once. You can do the maths I have no clue how many coffers total that is :p
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have 4 characters and I've got 1 coal ward since the change.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've been back at the game for 3.5 months, pray on 12 toons. Thats 12x14=168 7/7's. 0 coal wards. You?

4 chars, have missed a few days here and there, but have not gotten a blue ward since the nerf.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've been back at the game for 3.5 months, pray on 12 toons. Thats 12x14=168 7/7's. 0 coal wards. You?

never one in 1 year with 3 toons.
    so 52x3=156 chests.

i dont even care anymore
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1 character 2 coal wards since the change.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    11 characters, 9 coal wards since the change
  • sigmattsigmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just another sign that Cryptic is in dire need of your money, they want you to spend $10 for a silly item you need tons of to get a perfect rank in weapon/armor enchantments.

You can always buy 100 preservation wards and try your luck there... yeah right, i bet you that 1% is really just 0% in disguise.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    sigmatt wrote: »
    Just another sign that Cryptic is in dire need of your money, they want you to spend $10 for a silly item you need tons of to get a perfect rank in weapon/armor enchantments.

If its a silly item, then people wouldn't be clamouring for it so much.

Silly post.
  • nipidnipid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    4 characters 0 coals for 3 months :(
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    7 chars, 3 coals since implementation of this change.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have got just 1 coal, but it was a few months ago, I don't know if the rates had already been changed by then.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    8 characters at the time of the "Change"
    Since then have received 2 Coal wards. Missed 2 weeks of invoking on holidays
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Opened 14 a week since Module 2 (not sure the number but it's a lot) so far only 2 Coal Wards and I've never missed a day
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    So the drop rate seems to lay between 2.5% - 3.5% , the guy who tested drop rates/RNG on preview opened 1800 and came up with 3.22% but that could have been lowered ( He did the tests in December , also remember preview could have differing drop rates although experience seems to tell me that it hasn't IMHO), the RNG results make desperate reading nowadays compared to back in the day xD

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/RNG_Tests#Coffer_of_Wondrous_Augmentation

The 95% confidence interval for his test is [2.41%; 4.04%]. With a probability of 95% the real value is in that range.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    . . . I just opened 13 coffers about an hour ago. I got 1 Coal and 7 Preservations. A couple weeks ago, I opened 15 and got 1 Coal Ward and a number of Preservations. Since the first change to Coal Wards, including these two, I've gotten I think (might be more, numbers get to me sometimes and I confuse them) 5 total Coal wards with 15 invoking characters. So, that's something like 1 Coal every two weeks across 15 characters.

. . . I did end up buying one off the Zen Shop by selling AD on the Exchange recently because I got enough Shards to make another enchant I have been itching to make... but I really don't like doing that, as 1000 zen is a tad much for me.

. . . Caution to the Community: People often sold Coalescent Wards for more than they are worth. Check their price first, then check how much 1000 Zen is going for on the AD Exchange. You'll most likely make a better deal by selling AD for Zen and buying the Coal(s) from the Zen market. I haven't been watching their price since this latest change but I am sure the cautionary note is still relevant.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've always went 7/7 each week (rare exceptions) and gotten none since
    I started playing about 340 days ago, until after the percentage change, I think.
    (What date was that?)

Now I've gotten 4 out of the last 12 or so. Maybe they at least fixed a
    bug that'd made me never win. I only have 1 character, btw.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No coals whatsoever. Redeemed about 25 coffers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My last Coal was two months ago, and I open one (not so) Wondrous per day
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    509 total ardent so divide by seven 72.7 round down for wiggle room. 70 attempts zero coal wards...
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    6 characters (increased to 8 yesterday), invoking almost everyday.

since mod 2, I've only had 1 coal ward, and that was about a month ago.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Saw this thread this morning, invoked, and got a coal. ward. 16 total characters, 2 wards in the last couple of months (and I've been getting the 6-day on a 2-3 characters for some of that).
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Since the changes, 6 total on 11 toons. Not bad.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • kalyuxakalyuxa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I pray with 14 and I didn't get a coal since 5/30. That day I got 2.
This discussion has been closed.