test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Call to Arms: Garrundar the Vile Now Live!

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited June 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey everyone,

Log in now and take on Garrundar the Vile in the Call to Arms Skirmish Event! Learn more about the event and rewards here:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5006643-call-to-arms%3A-garrundar-the-vile-now-live%21

-Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited June 2014
    Ran a few times and here are some thoughts:

1. Short, quick and simple
    2. Strangely, I did not see any shaman or healer being summoned...
    3. The enchantment stone dropped is savage, but in collection it is brutal
    4. The CW orb is facing sideways, not front, and it is not moving at all. But when using it, it looks like my CW is wearing gloves :D
    5. The DC symbol is also facing sideways instead of facing front.
    6. The number of medallions from chest are reduced.

Apart from some lag (and lag dying :D), the CTA was ok.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh, if they've removed the healers to tweak this for all-level play, it's gonna be freaking cake.

All CW orbs are on the wrong axis right now. It's less obvious on the ones that are actually orbs and not irregular shapes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh, if they've removed the healers to tweak this for all-level play, it's gonna be freaking cake.

All CW orbs are on the wrong axis right now. It's less obvious on the ones that are actually orbs and not irregular shapes.

I used to like the book but after seeing that putting an enchantment in it caused it to duplicate at my side I got sick of seeing that and switched to something less obvious. Now after that and the current orb issue, I am really enjoying the turmian orb from the dread ring skirmish, not only did it not duplicate on my side from putting an enchant in it, this current bug seems to not affect it either, it faces its same way it has always, the only orb I have found in the game so far that appears to be "immune to axis/duplication" bugs .... I can't say this is my favorite orb to have but given its lack of appearance anomolies i'm pretty happy to use it, not to mention its not overly gaudy and fairly simple and its a free appearance change ;)
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2014
    I noticed they changed the lizard folk active power when they were showing in the preview his active was a HP bonus now its a healing bonus.....

Anyone know if killing this dragon actually nets you kills towards your dragon slayer acheivement?
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes it does add to the achievement. Or at the very least it did for me, as I had not fought a dragon before.
  • Options
    mallaphaarmallaphaar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    whats the drop rate on the healer from the chest?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Looks like I won't be finding the companion yet again because they refuse to put them on the vendor.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Looks like I won't be finding the companion yet again because they refuse to put them on the vendor.

I decided to just plunk down the AD and buy one. Actually they're on the inexpensive side of the companion scale on the AH.

I love the lizard's demeanor. My minion, how I have plans for thee (evil grin).

(Prays to Chauntea for a redcap minion if and when they do a CTA: Master of the Hunt).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    wuwi9989wuwi9989 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Anyone have this problem?

I log int fine and everything works fine. However I queue up for the event. I get to the loading page and it takes ages to patch? I've already left it for an hour? and it says still loading or still patching? Is there a file i can download to patch faster?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    wuwi9989 wrote: »
    Anyone have this problem?

I log int fine and everything works fine. However I queue up for the event. I get to the loading page and it takes ages to patch? I've already left it for an hour? and it says still loading or still patching? Is there a file i can download to patch faster?

Try disabling on-demand patching in the launcher, (should be under the options menu there).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited June 2014
    The trapper's nets cancel knights valor lotta lag too but a nice and small skirmish.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mystics and trappers are my most hated mobs in NW.
    Mystics need to have cooldowns on red circles, no place to run.

and too many trappers pulling me left and right in chain-effects, couldn't able to put up fight, and few berzerkers using knockback tactic a little too much.

slow down with trapper's nets and stop mystic's red ring spams, and that will cut down lags.
    it hard when a random PUG and we dont have healers in group, the fight is way more challengings.
    i really hate to see them chugging a potions just to delaying thier inevitable deaths when we need to speed up, it hard to try using my interruptions to stop them drinking.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    55 runs and NOTHING! All I have had is 3 savage rank 5's. Not worth the potions and injury kits it costs my CW after constantly teleporting all over the place trying to find an area that isn't RED to cast from since all I get is interrupted. I guess that's what you get when you are dealing the most damage in pug. Healers not healing, no one bothering to revive, leachers standing around doing nothing - not really enjoyable.

Has the companion drop rate been nerfed? I have always got several within a few hours of play, and I have only seen 2 in protectors enclave unlike during other events where everyone seemed to have a druid or fire sprite.

And to end on a positive note - its good to do during the skirmish hour but from now on that's the only time I'm doing it.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Kinda low-punch put a service downtime on friday's best gaming time and put it back online at night when people tend to do other things and SERIOUSLY, two long service breaks in following days?

Besides that:
    1) With experienced crew this is quite fast to run trough, but not as fast as most of the former ones, as there are no short cuts. Besides that I really don't understand why must we waste time on those two forced lines of discussion before we can teleport to fight.

2) During leveling, Karrundrax was my most hated skirmish because of the trappers. When you see the red line, it is already too late to dodge and my mage usually aren't even close on finishing casting the spell at that time. Then comes those pull-draw contests where once you are free from one pull, the next one is already there. It was actually kinda hilarious to see my guy bouncing around for almost one full battle, without anything I could do to stop it. Luckily those combos aren't as deadly anymore than they were during the leveling and seems that the trapper-pull won't do any damage and actually usually pulls me out of red circles, which I was about to dodge anyways.

3) All drop-rates seem to be quite horrible compared to previous CtAs, but especially the token drop-rates. Also previously I have averaged about one follower drop per 20 runs and one very early, now I have done 30 runs without even single follower drop. Also judging from the high price in AH and low availability, they probably have nerfed the companion drop rates too, which is really bad as now there won't be so many on sale, which means that fewer people will get it as there will be less time them available in AH for reasonable prices. Also removing(/not continuing) possibility to buy one from the shop with tokens doesn't help this. I guess the only good thing here is that the companion seemed kinda meh with first look.

Conclusion: The horrible drop rates and longish run-time makes this the worst CtA in long time in my books.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Should the Dragon's knockback go through CC immunity? My GF is getting thrown all over the place with his shield up and during villain's menace!
  • Options
    trexslayer5trexslayer5 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Will the Call to Arms event be extended due to the Maintenance 6/6 at 7 PTD?
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    wylonus wrote: »
    Mystics and trappers are my most hated mobs in NW.
    Mystics need to have cooldowns on red circles, no place to run.

and too many trappers pulling me left and right in chain-effects, couldn't able to put up fight, and few berzerkers using knockback tactic a little too much.

slow down with trapper's nets and stop mystic's red ring spams, and that will cut down lags.
    it hard when a random PUG and we dont have healers in group, the fight is way more challengings.
    i really hate to see them chugging a potions just to delaying thier inevitable deaths when we need to speed up, it hard to try using my interruptions to stop them drinking.

It took me a few runs to also learn that they're both immune to Binding Shot, which makes Rain of Arrows and Thorn Ward far less effective. So far the best strategy I've come up with for the trappers at least has been to back one against the map edge so he can't run away, then take the net hits and light him up with RoA and TW.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    evalira wrote: »
    Should the Dragon's knockback go through CC immunity? My GF is getting thrown all over the place with his shield up and during villain's menace!

Wing buffets do, yeah.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Did 15-20 runs last night. Seemed a little shorter than the other cta's, might have simply been my perception due to it being a little more action packed. Enjoyable though, I like raw combat. A good deal of the time I found myself teleporting to small islands of safe area in a sea of red, get a spell or two off and off to the next island.

Landed 5 rank 5s(plus lesser stuff) in those runs and then was off to iwd for my reputation points. Decided to do 2 more runs before bed and on the second landed my shaman. Was a nice openning night.
    Saved!
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have been able to avoid trappers by dodging forward towards them. My TR ends up right in their face at which point they can be smashed a bit before they jump back and try it again.

Unfortunately, my typical dodge is sideways (doesn't make much sense to dodge into an enemy when you're trying to avoid attack but in this case, it's worked for me pretty consistently) so my only problem is remembering to do this.

Like the skirmish as I like to load up on enchantments that you can't always get. Battle of the Bridge was the first skirmish on which I've won a companion and I was kinda jazzed about getting another one, but maybe I just got lucky that time. Not holding my breath on getting the shaman but am considering buying one because he seems kinda cool.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yes, now you just mentioned the drop rates.
    it is horrible, this CTA isnt worth going back for rewards vs risks, i see same loots from chest.

devs is doing all wrong, it was suppose to be a game, fun factor, not pure frustrations with all that potions that cost more than loots and drops wasted.
    i feel this CTA need to pull out and cancel until it get new makeovers.

personally, i have met many Dungeon masters who run the games for rpg'ers, they often make rules very flexible, and there are few bad DM who dont know game balance or doesnt connect with players, or with ironfist, and that make players leave and dont want that DM to run again because of bad game experiences.

i have seen 3 wipes out of 10 trips i went, due they are not killing trappers or mystics when spawned, some just dps'ing away on bosses and often bosses get healed.
    one of the wipes i was in, we had no healers, mostly tricksters, gfw, a mage and my GF, and once i saw one player just bailed out in frustration.

this is worst CTA event, too may trappers chain-pullings, and red circles overlapping with no safe spot to run to, amd very poor rewards, and costly potion restocking. it seem mobs has no cooldown penality, higher than intended level they cast faster as 60 lvl when compared to 35 lvl lizardmens.
    not many players has +14k Gear Score for this CTA event, it is way out of balance.

so let me ask you, yes you devs, were they tested? but with what types? maybe other testers wasnt being honest with you and you scaled up for challenges to fit thier desires, but that is griefing to other who cant make to test or lack some resources to meet some testings?

you need to remember the first rule as Dungeon Masters, make sure that every players ( i mean all types) want to have fun and for entertianment, and it is suppose to be fun game and to avoid frustrations and too stressful to be fun.

some players want extreme mode, then create something rewarding as more cash drops or right amount of potions to loot and other players can choose normal mode zone where the potions wasnt use as much when they want to save for something tough fight ahead.

remember, most DM i know, they are always "flexible" and often can change or adjust something unexpected.

i didnt stay to complete that Skypirate island filled with lizardmens as soon i gain some levels, i skip the rest of the quests and move on to Icepsire or Mt Hotinow because it was easier to handle, and came back later when i was 60 lvl, and they were greyed out non-hostile and went on exploring and finding scry orbs for updates.
    they are my most hated mobs and they dont need potions to stay alive for few more hits when i want them die faster.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The trapper's nets cancel knights valor lotta lag too but a nice and small skirmish.

You've got to be joking, it's a red spot, net pulling, NO CD for mobs lag fest. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor drop rates with nothing really going for it CTA.

I'm sure thats what you meant really ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yesterday, the companions were being sold in the usual range for CTA companions on day one of the event going live. I snagged one for 50k. Over the course of the evening, they were all bought out up to the price point of around 90k, and then even higher. Ones being posted now either aren't being undercut as strongly, or are being bought as fast as they're put up.

I wouldn't blame drop rates for this, but market forces. Most CTA companions are more novelty that anything. This one has practical applications and has more potential for value to resellers of limited edition items.

PS. Whoever said he didn't notice any Marsh Mystics in the skirmish was either not paying attention or the adds are somehow variable. Every party I was in was mostly level 60s with maybe a single 30+ and spawned Mystics every time. No real problems but one AFK that I kicked.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So far this is one of my least favorite CTA's to play. All of the chain knock-backs and stuns make me feel like I'm PvPing. It's pretty dang hard to even get a Shard of Avalanche off when several enemies are rapidly dishing out CC on you and all CC makes my shard disappear. To top it off, most of the enemies using stuns and knockbacks are immune to CC themselves. Classes that draw aggro and don't have Unstoppable probably find this battle to be annoying. I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Ok, now this is getting ridiculous. Just passed 40 runs marker and still not one companion drop and the price point in AH is over 100k, which is simply ridiculous when at this point the price should be around 20-30k normally. The drop rates are as crappy as during the Marvelous Adventure, except this time you can't buy the companion from the seller. Also I have gotten only 4x rank 5 enchants, 6x rank 4 enchants and only bit over 800 battle tokens after buying the orb, which is ridiculously low as usually I am doing less than double this amount of runs and get around 40 profession boxes after the orb.

Also seems like every mob is after me, even when I'm not doing most of the damage. Also the group control spells are so slow to cast that I never get to throw them anymore when the trappers start to play pong with me, so I am actually better of just dodging and using all spells single target ones with fast casting time.

Come on devs, we were supposed to enjou these events, no? So return the drop rates of companion per 20 runs (5% chance), give back the rank 5 enchant drop rates and no enchants bellow level 4 from the chest at level 60, because the lower ones are simply craps at that point.

Also please start to give one battle token for player who did the first damage to critter AND one to the player who did most of the damage to the same critter AND one to the player who finally killed the beast.

Nothing is more frustrating than being the mage who wears down the larger beasts only to run out of encounters when it is about to die and see some pesky rogue or GWF to burst damage it to death, or even worse when someone pushes it away or you target some other target when the game decides that you definitely wanted to target the dragon at the edge of the map or the shaman a bit to side and behind the almost dead trapper about to hit you with a spear.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thats the one thing that kinda bugged me about this one, mobs seemingly immune to my CC. Same thing that makes PVP seem kinda lame to me.
    Saved!
  • Options
    rogerdtaterogerdtate Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I find the CTA event to be just fine.

I do however wonder where the SCA special area is ?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    rogerdtate wrote: »
    I do however wonder where the SCA special area is ?

It's the big icon on the SCA map with spikes around it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    rogerdtaterogerdtate Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's the big icon on the SCA map with spikes around it.

It takes the place of the regular lvl 6 ?
    Can we still get the thief companion ?
    LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    My SCA map has 8 icons on it, the normal tiers, Temple of Reflection, and CTA. If yours doesn't, then it's glitchy. Maybe try clearing your browser cache.

The only time I can't see event SCA is if the tutorial adventure isn't flagged as complete (and it can bug out and make you repeat it).

Neverwinter Census 2017