test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Call to Arms: Garrundar the Vile Now Live!

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Could anyone tell me if the dragon's wing flap attack is supposed to be able to knock my GF back through block.

Overall, it's a decent CTA - the shamans and numerous red areas can really throw an inexperienced team for a loop, (which isn't necessarily a bad thing - requiring some teamwork and strategy isn't a bad thing).

The weapon weapon transmutes are different, if nothing else. I especially like the GF shield and TR bone daggers. BTW, there seems to be an odd issue where the shield doesn't fully take dye - you can dye it, but the colors don't fully apply or something.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wing buffets go through all forms of control immunity.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited June 2014
    Hmm... 120+ runs, no companion. I think I am done with this CTA. Too many dyes that cannot stack beyond 20. Don't have enough bag/bank space. Might just sell them dirt cheap on AH.

Apart from getting skirmish and dragon slaying accomplishment, this CTA is a real let down. The transmutes are so-so and dye colors are ok. I really do not understand why they have to make the drop rate of the companion be so low. As someone mentioned, it is a novelty pet, I just want it for collection, won't even use it. Not going to spend AD buying it though.

Good thing the dragon does not heal, or I would have stop playing the CTA long time ago. I find my TR and HR have the easiest time dodging all the red areas and nets.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Yes, the Orb is second nicest after the Savage Skull, but that doesn't mean anything as long as they are all shown sideways.

This far actually only green drop pets I have actually found usefull since the beginnings lack of decent companions are the Moonshae Druid and the Fire Sprite, which both are about the same thing, Sprite having slightly better DPS fast attack and Druid with better heavy guns and perhaps slightly better stun effect on the heavy. They do bot decent DPS, have some ability to avoid attacks and thus aren't down as fast as your usual green pets and distract enemies. All the rest are just for collection, but I'm not going to put 100k AD into one collection piece I won't ever use. I could buy it for 20-30k, but that price isn't going to happen with these drop rates.

I really wish they would rehaul the drop rates back to what they were when they come back to work at monday and give us few more days of CtA. This can't be so big issue on the income side for the company, as next time you can get restock these companions is after more than year judging from collections and CtA frequencies.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    stoi84stoi84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    An event in a game is supposed to be fun and rewarding. I killed that guy more than 30 times for nothing, and it stopped being fun 28 runs ago. You're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've actually enjoyed this skirmish quite a bit.

Great fight, I did win a companion and got the other special object you can get from the quest. I've enjoyed this CTA, and am still running in it. Can actually be a challenge at times and has succeeded in procing my soulforged 3 times in various runs.
  • Options
    rogerdtaterogerdtate Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My SCA map has 8 icons on it, the normal tiers, Temple of Reflection, and CTA. If yours doesn't, then it's glitchy. Maybe try clearing your browser cache.

The only time I can't see event SCA is if the tutorial adventure isn't flagged as complete (and it can bug out and make you repeat it).

That was it, for some reason my tutorial came back, thanks !
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I've actually enjoyed this skirmish quite a bit.

Great fight, I did win a companion and got the other special object you can get from the quest. I've enjoyed this CTA, and am still running in it. Can actually be a challenge at times and has succeeded in procing my soulforged 3 times in various runs.

I am sure I would be enjoying a bit too if I got the companion, but over 60 runs with naught. You do understand that the other drop is common one (the enchant lvl 4, you get 20% times of runs, meaning 1 in 5 enchant over lvl 3) and the third one (class weapon) is buyable only. ;)

I think I could actually solo it, given time. I haven't died even once, but I think my soulforged has kicked in once or twice during the runs when I have been unlucky enough to get into the web-bouncer and have landed into wrong places in wrong time. Actually the dragon's roar stun is worse than the webs, as the webs have tendency to draw you out of the hazardous red circles, but the stun means that all the 5+ red circles from every enemy chasing you that just landed around you will get trough and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Got few 4 minute run with good crew and worse cases are around 8 minutes, 6 being about normal, so in the end this isn't so slow to do, but still the infernal drop rates are eating the fun out of it. I have already given up on the companions part, but still run it for AD and savage-drops during skirmish event, as it is atleast as fast to run than the fastest normal epic skirmishes.

PS. If you have rogue in your party, the action disabling move cast around the dragon will make it just stand in place for the duration, which is a good helper for any melee classes forced to bee near it.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The only reason why I would keep running it would be the chance to get the curio (which is the other rare drop, not the enchants) to be able to get the Slayer ring of Xvim. But that is really not a reason to keep me running this one, even though I have yet to die or even gotten close to it on my cleric, even with the last time I ran it, it lagged very badly.
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am sure I would be enjoying a bit too if I got the companion, but over 60 runs with naught. You do understand that the other drop is common one (the enchant lvl 4, you get 20% times of runs, meaning 1 in 5 enchant over lvl 3) and the third one (class weapon) is buyable only. ;)

PS. If you have rogue in your party, the action disabling move cast around the dragon will make it just stand in place for the duration, which is a good helper for any melee classes forced to bee near it.

Well I'm actually still leveling two new artifacts, and even with the IWD drops of tons of enchants they're pretty hungry all the time. So that part doesn't bother me. And I've run it a good 60+ times too.

I actually didn't want the companion this time around, I have all the healers I needed. That was more the bonus and I'll likely just sell it.

Lol and Rogues who are with me will love it... I have Nightmare Wizardry in my build which puts the target in a combat advantage for them when it procs. Whenever there's geared rogues in the party I run with they end up doing so much damage they can actually come close to me.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please stick a pumpkin in the gob of the lizard folk shaman. It is extremely annoying to listen to him regurgitate partially digested frogs and fish every 3 or 4 seconds, non-stop. I mean really, it's obnoxious and I think you knew it was obnoxious when you turned it out that way.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeh I have turn my volume down everytime I got to the CTA merchant. Almost as annoying as yawning/stretching mounts and the druid.
  • Options
    yuukageyuukage Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What is this lizardfold shaman companion drop rate? I started doing this CTA since day1 until now it's already 111 rounds (YES, I COUNT MY ROUNDS) and still not even 1 companion drop. mostly drops are dye, savage enchantments. I don't want those RUBBISH!!!!!!
    Please increase the FREAKING companion drop rate!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU
  • Options
    seitrediciseitredici Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To be brutally honest, I haven't enjoyed this CTA at all. I've done it less than 20 times across three characters, though I will admit to being IMMEDIATELY kicked from groups when I tried to do it on my HR. He's only level 38, but these events ARE supposed to be 6-60, yes? It's not very nice to get kicked before you even get into the fight.

No companion for me, but I NEVER get them and I genuinely no longer care. Considering the awful noises this one makes, there's no chance in heck I'd ever use it. Seriously, is it really supposed to do that? Horrible.

I'm going to echo what others have said, here. Why on earth did you lower the medallion drop rate?! I was actually thinking of saving up a bit to get the bow transmute for my HR, but as I mentioned above, I kept getting kicked from groups before the run got started (because of his being level 38) and the runs I DID do, I got a bare handful of medallions. Certainly not enough to buy the transmute. Really disappointing.

(BTW, since I had over 600 medallions (left over from previous CTAs) on my main, I got the orb transmute for him. I like the look of the skull, but it's frozen in one spot and looks bizarre just stuck like that. I know that's been mentioned, but figured I'd say it again.)
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    seitredici wrote: »
    To be brutally honest, I haven't enjoyed this CTA at all. I've done it less than 20 times across three characters, though I will admit to being IMMEDIATELY kicked from groups when I tried to do it on my HR. He's only level 38, but these events ARE supposed to be 6-60, yes? It's not very nice to get kicked before you even get into the fight.

No companion for me, but I NEVER get them and I genuinely no longer care. Considering the awful noises this one makes, there's no chance in heck I'd ever use it. Seriously, is it really supposed to do that? Horrible.

I'm going to echo what others have said, here. Why on earth did you lower the medallion drop rate?! I was actually thinking of saving up a bit to get the bow transmute for my HR, but as I mentioned above, I kept getting kicked from groups before the run got started (because of his being level 38) and the runs I DID do, I got a bare handful of medallions. Certainly not enough to buy the transmute. Really disappointing.

(BTW, since I had over 600 medallions (left over from previous CTAs) on my main, I got the orb transmute for him. I like the look of the skull, but it's frozen in one spot and looks bizarre just stuck like that. I know that's been mentioned, but figured I'd say it again.)

My level 60 HR got kicked a half dozen times before I switched over to my CW. But then, my ranger routinely gets booted from regular skirmishes, too, before she even has a chance to nock a single arrrow. (More's the pity for those PUGs, since when she does get to play, she's usually in the top two or leads damage, kills, and heals. OTH, my CW who does get to play is totally inept. But she shoots lightning and ice, and everyone likes that. :-/)

And to echo what so many others are saying, the drop rate for goodies is appalling. I've done 131 runs across those two characters and my take from the chest is 7 R5 enchants and a lot of dye to sell on the AH. Everytime I collect the chest it feels like Charlie Brown trick-or-treating: "I got a rock." /grumble

ETA that my clumsy CW now experiencing one of those freakish RNG things.

Run #134? Shaman pet
    Run #135? Shaman pet AND Ancient Curio
    Run #136? Ancient Curio

She's also levelling alchemy today, and had three consecutive successful 'experiments'. That might be the most amazing thing of all. :-/
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm getting tired of these CTA and the awful drop rates , 110 runs and no companion , the developers seriously need to have another look at how drops are worked out , many like myself do the thing hundreds of times and get nothing then newer players ( not saying anything wrong with this ) seem to get it 2 , 3 or more times in half as many runs .

110 dyes -.- I'll report back at 125 ....
    4gKOLt6.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    bawtfawkbawtfawk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    seitredici wrote: »

I don't see how you get kicked from parties. I started when my HR was 38 as well and have NEVER been kicked! It could be because even at my current level, 48, I still out damage any other class in CTA with the sole exception bing GWF.
  • Options
    ruphailruphail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have done it over 110 times still no companion -_-
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ~350 runs, 1 companion and 1 curio... i like the CTA, though.

• Options
    yuukageyuukage Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    3days. 149 runs and still no signs of companion drop..COME ON!!!!!!..
  • Options
    jubeibehelitjubeibehelit Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Devs, I have a life. I managed to make 47 runs this weekend outside of work and my baby. I got NOTHING but 2 lvl 5 gem things. I am sorry but you missed the boat with alot of new players. You understand you turn off potential customers when you give them nothing? When i read on here the devoted players get nothing after 100 runs it turns me off from playing and spending money on stuff. Why should I bother when your events that should entertain, make us excited and happy, yet leave everyone pissed? I do not think you should get all powerfull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> every run, but come on...seriously?

This is shamefull, after all the work and advertisement for this event I can run it nearly 50 times and feel shafted and fooled.

Pathetic...
    Be mindful not to complain or spam about the cheaters, explopioters, and spammers. You will get warned and banned. Punish the legit, promote the illegit.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ~350 runs, 1 companion and 1 curio... i like the CTA, though.

Wow and I thought I had spammed it at 171 , gave up for tonight and no companion or belt thingy still -.- , at 350 I think i'd be ready to jump out my bedroom window xD
  • Options
    vdrakulvdrakul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    500 runs (80% of them I'm the one who has caused more damage to garrundar), 0 companions and 0 curio... I hate this CTA. It is a scam. In other CTA would have achieved as a minimum 2 companions. If this does not change I uninstall the game from my computer. I'm tired of wasting time with events that do not reward the effort.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vdrakul wrote: »
    500 runs, 0 companions and 0 curio... I hate this CTA. It is a scam. In other CTA would have achieved as a minimum 2 companions. If this does not change I uninstall the game from my computer. I'm tired of wasting time with events that do not reward the effort.

The solution is so simple: weight the RNG roll so the chance gradually improves with repeated runs. It could be as simple as "return random() +player.getNumRuns() * RUN_WEIGHT_FACTOR;" At a certain threshold the probability should rightfully reach 100%.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    seitrediciseitredici Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bawtfawk wrote: »
    I don't see how you get kicked from parties. I started when my HR was 38 as well and have NEVER been kicked! It could be because even at my current level, 48, I still out damage any other class in CTA with the sole exception bing GWF.

Because when it happened I was the only level 38 in a group full of 60s? Guess my little guy wasn't good enough for them. LOL.

On a side note, I may be having a "to heck with it ALL" moment (in fact, I know I am), but reading some of this feedback has me a little heated. In the past I've absolutely busted my butt trying to get companions and such from CTAs and ultimately got nothing at all. Considering the feedback from others players in this thread, I am most definitely not alone in that.

Why won't you LISTEN to us? How many times do we have to say that Respen's was pretty much the best thing EVER, because we had something to look forward to? Collecting the crystal dice, buying the things we wanted, etc. Having them be BoP was even better, since I have ZERO interest in looting a bunch of stuff and selling it on the AH.

*Sigh* I'm just...really, really tired of this nonsense.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    The solution is so simple: weight the RNG roll so the chance gradually improves with repeated runs. It could be as simple as "return random() +player.getNumRuns() * RUN_WEIGHT_FACTOR;" At a certain threshold the probability should rightfully reach 100%.

This may very well be true. I have gotten my companion and the curio back to back, i think in my 200th and 201st CTA run. Before and after that, (i am at roughly 380 runs now) i have gotten nothing.

• Options
    ruphailruphail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    just got shamen followed by cruio after 150 runsss. feels really good when you finally get it
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Counting how many CTA's you've run... You peeps really know how to enjoy yourselves.

I bet you're the same when you have a drink as well. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Counting how many CTA's you've run... You peeps really know how to enjoy yourselves.

I bet you're the same when you have a drink as well. :p

You get 1 dye per run so unless you have bought some it is easy to see how many you have run.