Install Arc
Options

Prices getting too high way too high

Comments

• Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Prices are fine as they are.

Yes, Coal Wards going from 270,000 on Monday to 500,000 3 days later is ''fine''. . .
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Prices are fine as they are. Are things more expensive? Yes. But keep in mind, deflation really kills an economy (especially MMOs). It lowers the value of items and makes them available to (just about) everyone, meaning people now have little to strive for to upgrade their character.

Am I surprised Weapon/Armor enchantments cost more now than before the refinement changes? Yes. But keep in mind, once the ZAX stops going crazy, C. Ward prices will drop as well (albeit, not that much). Also, Peridot prices are relatively high right now also. There's too much demand and strangely not enough supply.

Deflation is a very good thing for an economy in most instances. It lets people afford stuff they couldn't otherwise. It's not so good for producers, but there really aren't many producers in Neverwinter.

As for peridots, I could supply the whole **** game with peridots for how many I get every time I pull a coffer or an invocation box.
  • Options
    bringitbackbringitback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Basically,players are not selling Zen,because they think at the moment 1 ZEN is worth more then 500 AD.
    1 of the solutions for this is better AD dumping (AD needs to disappear,instead of being traded).
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    Hint, there is going to be an AD Drain Event. A lottery box purchased for AD, which either gives a summonable Cockatrice Companion, OR a Chance at an Augment Companion 'Chicken'.
  • Options
    znudenejznudenej Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There will be Mysterious egg in Wondrous Bazaar in few days.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What is there for Cryptic to "fix"? That's something I don't understand.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, we have said this many times before, but once more won't hurt. Cryptic needs to make AD sinks that players will want to put their AD in, sinks that won't feel like complete ripoffs. Like the OP said, lower the prices and fees of the existing AD sinks, so players will want to invest in them. A sink is not a sink until it actually sinks AD. I don't know how so many people fail understand that.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    khimera906 wrote: »
    Well, we have said this many times before, but once more won't hurt. Cryptic needs to make AD sinks that players will want to put their AD in, sinks that won't feel like complete ripoffs. Like the OP said, lower the prices and fees of the existing AD sinks, so players will want to invest in them. A sink is not a sink until it actually sinks AD. I don't know how so many people fail understand that.

so much ^this^ it hurts.

currency sinks only work if ppl use them, and at current ripoff prices no one is
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What is there for Cryptic to "fix"?

Remove the price cap on Zen to allow the market to function as it should.
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014

think of the US economy now compared to 20 years ago in Neverwinter. THAT's what needs fixing.
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    Remove the price cap on Zen to allow the market to function as it should.
    That would be the worse thing to do. The price of Zen would grow and grow and grow, while the game population will get smaller and smaller and smaller.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 847 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    think of the US economy now compared to 20 years ago in Neverwinter. THAT's what needs fixing.

Both times mentioned the US was coming out of a recession. Neverwinter has never had one.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If only we had a way to buy gear that others have earnt by others, with the ah that would be somewhat of an ad sink. Oh wait we already had that but they decided to make everything bop.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    The AH isn't really an AD sink either, even with the 10% AH cut. It just redistributes the main piece of the AD.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    The AH isn't really an AD sink either, even with the 10% AH cut. It just redistributes the main piece of the AD.

Well 10% is completely lost and 10% of 4/5 of that is lost from people that split the loot. I did say somewhat of an ad sink after all. There'd also be some that would choose to buy it with zen. Of course it doesn't change the fact that the main use of ad is to trade with other players such as enchantments while everything else that merchants sell for ad is massively overpriced. To use a different example that ones already stated, it'd take 23m ad to refine an artifact to legendary by using flawless sapphires from the bazaar. Although currently the Marks of potency are cheaper from the bazaar that's a little of a sink until you're all geared up. Some enchants are worth buying straight up from others though.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Does anyone know the price of eggs at the upcoming event? Knowing Cryptic, I'm afraid one egg will cost like 1 million AD, and only the richest players will buy them.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

Well, they can start producing more AD sinks. The upcoming event is a start.

New BIS equipment,companions and mounts that could be purchased with diamonds without losing a lot when compared to the zen.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the price of eggs at the upcoming event? Knowing Cryptic, I'm afraid one egg will cost like 1 million AD, and only the richest players will buy them.

I personally (in my opinion) don't think its going to be 1mil AD. Cryptic wouldn't bother making events if the majority of the players (especially casual ones) will not be able to benefit from it.

It is a complete waste of their time and resources to cater to a select few audience, no matter how vocal they are.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, they can start producing more AD sinks. The upcoming event is a start.

New BIS equipment,companions and mounts that could be purchased with diamonds without losing a lot when compared to the zen.

Perhaps I should have amended my statement to "what is there to fix that hasn't been stated in multiple threads about the matter". I know the game needs more AD sinks. There isn't anything appealing to put that AD into, so people just hoard their AD.

However, my statement was aimed more towards the crowd that think economic woes can be easily solved by Cryptic in all things. They can't. Some economic things really are player-controlled.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Perhaps I should have amended my statement to "what is there to fix that hasn't been stated in multiple threads about the matter". I know the game needs more AD sinks. There isn't anything appealing to put that AD into, so people just hoard their AD.

However, my statement was aimed more towards the crowd that think economic woes can be easily solved by Cryptic in all things. They can't. Some economic things really are player-controlled.

I think PWE made a very conscious decision to slowly shift the purchasing power from diamonds to zen throughout the months and the spike of demand from the new module put it over the edge.

There is no short-term solution
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I personally (in my opinion) don't think its going to be 1mil AD. Cryptic wouldn't bother making events if the majority of the players (especially casual ones) will not be able to benefit from it.

It is a complete waste of their time and resources to cater to a select few audience, no matter how vocal they are.

I was exaggerating, but I still think that the eggs will be quite expensive.

Ontopic, I think that all existing AD sinks are way overpriced. Marks, refine materials, mount upgrades, transmutation cost, companion upgrade cost etc. All that should be way cheaper.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

The only way we're likely going to know is when it actually comes out. Presumably 100k at the lowest though. Maybe even higher.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Ontopic, I think that all existing AD sinks are way overpriced. Marks, refine materials, mount upgrades, transmutation cost, companion upgrade cost etc. All that should be way cheaper.

Overpriced then. Could the same be said, now, though, with a surplus of AD? Furthermore, many of those aren't true AD sinks, they're "one and done" sorts of things. "One and done" really isn't a sink.

Marks and refining are really the only things that come close, and even then that reaches a plateau.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    edited May 2014

I think the price is way way way lower than the 1mil you projected. I'm thinking more in the 20k-50k range. Again, this is just pure speculation.

Cryptic will merely offset this by making the chances of getting a chicken very very low.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    "One and done" really isn't a sink.

The problem is they're not really "one and done" but "never done" actually.
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

I think the more important question is why they haven't made a public statement about this. They can either say we think the current prices are ok because ....(if they really think that) or "we plan on addressing this issue of overpriced upgrades ..... that everyone has noticed".

The overwhelming silence makes me think they either don't care or can't be bothered to take a look at it. They seem to have altered coalescent wards very quickly and no one was complaining that they were too abundant or too cheap. It really seems to me that they don't have any interest in listening to their player base.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014

The companions come slotted with a lesser bonding runestone so I'd guess they will cost a decent amount but hopefully still fairly affordable so I can get my all my artifacts up to legendary , feel sorry for all the people selling lesser bonding runestones on the AH though if the eggs are cheap xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    I think the more important question is why they haven't made a public statement about this. They can either say we think the current prices are ok because ....(if they really think that) or "we plan on addressing this issue of overpriced upgrades ..... that everyone has noticed".

The overwhelming silence makes me think they either don't care or can't be bothered to take a look at it. They seem to have altered coalescent wards very quickly and no one was complaining that they were too abundant or too cheap. It really seems to me that they don't have any interest in listening to their player base.

What part of this requires a public statement? Why must everything that Cryptic does be justified with a public explanation to be picked apart further and further explanations demanded? Bottom line is that this is, much as players may not wish to hear this, they make decisions that don't have to be justified to the players at large. They can make EVERYTHING in the game BoP if they merry well please, they can make the hard cap 20AD per ZEN, and what can we do about it? Nada.

Doesn't mean we have to like it or agree with it. But neither does it mean that every change demands a public explanation. It's their game to make or break.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    What part of this requires a public statement? Why must everything that Cryptic does be justified with a public explanation to be picked apart further and further explanations demanded? Bottom line is that this is, much as players may not wish to hear this, they make decisions that don't have to be justified to the players at large. They can make EVERYTHING in the game BoP if they merry well please, they can make the hard cap 20AD per ZEN, and what can we do about it? Nada.

Doesn't mean we have to like it or agree with it. But neither does it mean that every change demands a public explanation. It's their game to make or break.

Because no one believes the AD sink prices (companion upgrades, mount training etc) are priced correctly. Completely ignoring the player base is bad. If they truly believe it's good, I'd sure like to hear why. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they have a really good reason for the prices to be so high. I get the impression they just don't care. Making a statement will at least get the players to believe perhaps they do have an interest in improving the game. There are plenty of other games where the producers at least comment in posts such as these to let folks know they are listening and at least contemplating improving things.