test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prices getting too high way too high

Comments

• stopicanhitustopicanhitu Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the trouble with the economy is AD is in short supply...not enough ad comes into the game..the only ad coming into the game is from dailies...or ad from founder/hero packs...no other ad comes into the game...and all dailies are rough ad so the most ad coming into the gam is limited to number of players x 24k(max) per day...and how much ad goes out ah tax , exchanging for zen
  • isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    the trouble with the economy is AD is in short supply...not enough ad comes into the game..the only ad coming into the game is from dailies...or ad from founder/hero packs...no other ad comes into the game...and all dailies are rough ad so the most ad coming into the gam is limited to number of players x 24k(max) per day...and how much ad goes out ah tax , exchanging for zen

uhm, no. AD has huge supply, most of that supply comes from leadership and salvaging epic items. And many players have army of toons with maxed leadership, so it is not 24k per day for a player. I would say 50-300k ad per day in average for a player.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My problem with that change is, I won't be able to sell those wards anymore. What am I suppose to do with my bars now?
  • berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited May 2014
    And the struggle to achieve a high gear score to even be able to enter end-game content just got a LOT longer road for those newcomers starting fresh into the game. Unless they're willing to fork out $10 bucks for just 1 single coal ward.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If they permanently reduce the zen store price of coal wards, I could somewhat deal with it. If they don't and keep this change, it will really annoy me. They are completely destroying the game making most things bop. I already felt bad for the newcomers, but if this all goes ahead, I feel like the hardcore players will get fed up with unfarmable new content and old players can't afford to be even close to be competitive.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    My problem with that change is, I won't be able to sell those wards anymore. What am I suppose to do with my bars now?

Perhaps, make lesser/normal/greater/perfect enchantments and sell them?
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    And the struggle to achieve a high gear score to even be able to enter end-game content just got a LOT longer road for those newcomers starting fresh into the game. Unless they're willing to fork out $10 bucks for just 1 single coal ward.

To be fair, weapon/armour enchants don't increase your gearscore anyway. They're just...very nice things to have.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Perhaps, make lesser/normal/greater/perfect enchantments and sell them?

I doubt I can make profit that way. You see, now selling everything from the box gives you more ad (maybe not much more, but always something) than you invested in keys. And the general rule is an enchantment is less expensive than materials needed to make it.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited May 2014

WARNING TO ALL READERS: Coalescent wards will skyrocket. This weeks patch will confer all Blue Coalescent Wards from the trade bar vendor into BIND ON ACCOUNT - meaning they will all but diaper from the AH. So the prices for these things will go through the roof. Which will raise the pricing of high-ranking enchantments and artifacts and so on and so forth.

Yeah - it's a roller-coaster all right.

RE: Trade Bar Merchant Coalescent Wards - from these release notes:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?677531-Curse-of-Icewind-Dale-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-15-20140520a-4&p=8027151&viewfull=1#post8027151

Where is states:

But Zen Market versions will remain BoE (I suspect)

Good thing I have sixty or so unbound CW in storage. I'll just replace them with the account-bound version as I go along. Let's see how AH prices spike on those babies...
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    myles08807 wrote: »
    Good thing I have sixty or so unbound CW in storage. I'll just replace them with the account-bound version as I go along. Let's see how AH prices spike on those babies...

well don't worry, they can't go higher than 500k ad
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    People sell Greater Marks of Potency in the AH for more than 100k. People buy them. They will go over 500k, because people will be foolish enough to buy them. :P
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    People sell Greater Marks of Potency in the AH for more than 100k. People buy them. They will go over 500k, because people will be foolish enough to buy them. :P

I predict an average price of 570k AD.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    So .. you think prices are high ? May I underline a phrase from latest patch news ? :)

Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status.

.. you saw nothing so far ...
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    isammax wrote: »
    uhm, no. AD has huge supply, most of that supply comes from leadership and salvaging epic items. And many players have army of toons with maxed leadership, so it is not 24k per day for a player. I would say 50-300k ad per day in average for a player.

An average player that has no life. For a casual player, many of us are lucky to even hit the limit for rough AD, not to mention generating enough cash to buy ONE coalescent ward. No, this is going to kill casual player's chances of getting even a lesser enchantment.

You're not going to like the way you look, I guarantee it.
  • ircymimircymim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've laughed a lot when I've seen mark of potency or greater mark of potency for more then sold by the NPC :confused:
    Prior IWD I could by 25-30 mark of potency for about 80k AD. Now I see prices like 28k-35k each ?:rolleyes:
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    I predict an average price of 570k AD.
    with no zen in exchange it may go easily 600k+
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This change makes me glad I already have my chants at perfect level. However as has been said this will be bad for the game in the long run, new players without a lot of free time will get 60 and quit when they see they have spend a huge sum of real money to get anything in a timely fashion (ie less than 6 months) which in turn is bad for everyone else because less players is never good.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    The 'Prices being high' might also be due to Lockboxers with fat wallets putting up Buy Orders for (cheap) Zen, Insta-Scooping it up, and relisting it at 500/1 Rate. Due to this, the AD/Zen is artificially kept high, resulting in core goods (Keys, Wards) being more expensive, resulting in higher prices for Enchants...
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    good thing i bought pvorp p bloodtheft and p negation fast enough. now p vorp prices are above 8 mil.
    p bloodtheft and negation price are still cheap like 3 mil each of them.
  • sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    meh, I used to think it was too much but I just created some alts to AD farm leadership and I haven't cared in months since. It's all free to play just costs time if you don't want to spend the time then just spend the $$ but that is all you can do the rest is beyond your control

This is the method I use to acquire AD as well. I can start tasks and collect awards all day long from my iPhone via the Gateway. And when I get back to my computer I can manage my purchases, etc.

Takes zero effort to level up Leadership. Just time.

F2P has always been the same equation. F2P = Grind. RLM=Instant Gratification.

If you have no patience and/or no money; today's genre of MMO are not for you. Put $15/month aside and subscribe to a subscription based game where you have access to everything.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • dyaenahdyaenah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Toxic I agree prices are getting high but if you're Lvl 60 and do all your dailies - including foundries, pvp, skirmish and professions, then you can manage to get all the gear/items you need to be competitive . Its a LOT more work and time spent though sadly :(
    But if you are in a situation which means free to play is your only option at least you CAN get there if you work hard :)
  • intoxicatedknighintoxicatedknigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2014
    Excuse me OP, but didn't you start this whole thing off saying you're a totally free2player? But now everyone else is "so ****ing greedy" because we sell things for profit?

You accuse others of having saved their AD and making smart decisions; as opposed to what exactly? What you did?

I for one see a direct correlation between your inability afford to plop down a few bucks for a game you spend hundreds of hours playing, and your subsequent inability to invest your ingames moneys wisely. There is no charity here or in life.

First off, Nowhere did i say anywhere in my starting post that Everyone is greedy, where you got that from i don't know. All I said was Everyone else got their stuff when prices were more reasonable and I know that for a fact. It is my belief also that with time people tend to forget how hard it is to start from scratch or don't know what is to try and struggle in the game.

I did say in a later post that I thought people were greedy with money, but if you also noticed in the same post i said i could be making a false assumption ,, read the whole post before replying to part of it.

and What exactly did i do besides scrape by because contrary to popular belief its hard for a newer player doing F2P to get remotely anywhere. and lets forget the latest screwball moves of coalescent wards, lets discuss Avatar of war Armour for prime example ,, in January i think when I looked up the prices before starting my GWF, the price for the chest piece was 3 to 400K now its 1.6 to 2 million AD.
    I was working towards getting that particualr set becuase for my build it was the stats and such that i needed,,,, now. I cant see myself making 8 million plus just to buy AOW. so Im seeking alternatives which really deminish the effectiveness of my abilities. and you calim i didnt invest mey money wisely . pfft
    anything else i have to say to you now would be censored so Im not gonna say it, but use your imagination.

to the comments on leadership ,, I do leadership and dailies, but your still limited to 24K a day. which doing the math it will take you hmmm.. 6 months to buy a full AOW set. ? the current method of RAD is just not viable as it used to be even compared to when i started playing.
    everyone
    ~Angus BullGod - Swordmaster GWF~
    ~Vladimar Zul - Fury build SW ~
    ~Takadump onzcrapper - Iron vangaurd GF~
  • isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I was working towards getting that particualr set becuase for my build it was the stats and such that i needed,,,, now. I cant see myself making 8 million plus just to buy AOW. so Im seeking alternatives which really deminish the effectiveness of my abilities. and you calim i didnt invest mey money wisely . pfft
    anything else i have to say to you now would be censored so Im not gonna say it, but use your imagination.

to the comments on leadership ,, I do leadership and dailies, but your still limited to 24K a day. which doing the math it will take you hmmm.. 6 months to buy a full AOW set. ? the current method of RAD is just not viable as it used to be even compared to when i started playing.
    everyone

It is kinda silly to spend such crazy amounts of AD to buy T2 set, which you can get in 1 week by farming particular dungeons in DD period. You do realize that right?
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First off, Nowhere did i say anywhere in my starting post that Everyone is greedy, where you got that from i don't know. All I said was Everyone else got their stuff when prices were more reasonable and I know that for a fact. It is my belief also that with time people tend to forget how hard it is to start from scratch or don't know what is to try and struggle in the game.

I did say in a later post that I thought people were greedy with money, but if you also noticed in the same post i said i could be making a false assumption ,, read the whole post before replying to part of it.

and What exactly did i do besides scrape by because contrary to popular belief its hard for a newer player doing F2P to get remotely anywhere. and lets forget the latest screwball moves of coalescent wards, lets discuss Avatar of war Armour for prime example ,, in January i think when I looked up the prices before starting my GWF, the price for the chest piece was 3 to 400K now its 1.6 to 2 million AD.

everyone

As someone who's been playing since open beta, I can guarantee you that these "reasonable" prices you speak of.... well. You'd be surprised. The market was completely screwed back then, as people were creating AD out of nothing. And dailies, you were limited to 5k RAD per day out of those, the Lord Protector's dailies really made refining 24k AD per day achievable.

That said, free to play requires work, which you know. As a GWF, you shouldn't HAVE to pay for your AoW gear, GWFs are in HIGH demand in dungeons. With the new free daily dungeon chest keys, you should have no problems EARNING your gear, rather than WASTING your AD on purchasing it. Grinding dungeons has another perk too. You get drake seals, to have another avenue to not waste your AD purchasing jewelry and belts in the AH. Once you've actually gotten decent gear, you're free to grind away to be able to purchase enchants, or invoke the days away for a coal ward to make an overpriced enchant to sell or use. If you're going to buy all your T2 gear, I'll be honest with you, you're not spending your AD wisely, and as a result, you're going to have a very, VERY difficult time achieving anything, because you're buying things instead of saving for something that you CANT earn. Every single person went through dungeons in less than ideal gear, in fact, that's part of the game. Earning that gear. I've never been able to understand why people think they should buy a full t2 set. Seems like a waste, as you'll be back in those dungeons, opening those chests and getting that gear all over again, this time, you'll be getting 10K AD for it, once you salvage it. I mean, what's the point of buying something for 10x its value, just to go grind that same dungeon and get it for free?

There are many ways to make AD in this game, and if you can't get a good group to do dungeons, well, that's a struggle we've all had to deal with. It seems like you need a good PVE guild, or like another poster mentioned, join the Legit Community, where playstyle counts for more than your GS.
  • intoxicatedknighintoxicatedknigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2014
    thestia wrote: »
    As someone who's been playing since open beta, I can guarantee you that these "reasonable" prices you speak of.... well. You'd be surprised. The market was completely screwed back then, as people were creating AD out of nothing. And dailies, you were limited to 5k RAD per day out of those, the Lord Protector's dailies really made refining 24k AD per day achievable.

That said, free to play requires work, which you know. As a GWF, you shouldn't HAVE to pay for your AoW gear, GWFs are in HIGH demand in dungeons. With the new free daily dungeon chest keys, you should have no problems EARNING your gear, rather than WASTING your AD on purchasing it. Grinding dungeons has another perk too. You get drake seals, to have another avenue to not waste your AD purchasing jewelry and belts in the AH. Once you've actually gotten decent gear, you're free to grind away to be able to purchase enchants, or invoke the days away for a coal ward to make an overpriced enchant to sell or use. If you're going to buy all your T2 gear, I'll be honest with you, you're not spending your AD wisely, and as a result, you're going to have a very, VERY difficult time achieving anything, because you're buying things instead of saving for something that you CANT earn. Every single person went through dungeons in less than ideal gear, in fact, that's part of the game. Earning that gear. I've never been able to understand why people think they should buy a full t2 set. Seems like a waste, as you'll be back in those dungeons, opening those chests and getting that gear all over again, this time, you'll be getting 10K AD for it, once you salvage it. I mean, what's the point of buying something for 10x its value, just to go grind that same dungeon and get it for free?

There are many ways to make AD in this game, and if you can't get a good group to do dungeons, well, that's a struggle we've all had to deal with. It seems like you need a good PVE guild, or like another poster mentioned, join the Legit Community, where playstyle counts for more than your GS.

I heard about caterday , what happened with that the market was screwwed then because of idiots exploiting xp and ad bugs ,,, now its not a bug lol but I mean Ill have to adjust yes ,, its just gonna be much harder for me to see a goal ,, Im just glad I bought a lesser plaguefire when it was still 165K I will not see those prices again ,, well unless they see how bad they hurt themselves doing this coal ward bound thing.
    ~Angus BullGod - Swordmaster GWF~
    ~Vladimar Zul - Fury build SW ~
    ~Takadump onzcrapper - Iron vangaurd GF~
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Prices are fine as they are. Are things more expensive? Yes. But keep in mind, deflation really kills an economy (especially MMOs). It lowers the value of items and makes them available to (just about) everyone, meaning people now have little to strive for to upgrade their character.

Am I surprised Weapon/Armor enchantments cost more now than before the refinement changes? Yes. But keep in mind, once the ZAX stops going crazy, C. Ward prices will drop as well (albeit, not that much). Also, Peridot prices are relatively high right now also. There's too much demand and strangely not enough supply.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Heh, its great for me,

I'm a seller.
  • wonkywonk22wonkywonk22 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Prices are fine as they are.

Typical elitist BS answer. Tell that to the fresh new comers just starting out.
    Are things more expensive? Yes. But keep in mind, deflation really kills an economy (especially MMOs). It lowers the value of items and makes them available to (just about) everyone, meaning people now have little to strive for to upgrade their character. Am I surprised Weapon/Armor enchantments cost more now than before the refinement changes? Yes. But keep in mind, once the ZAX stops going crazy, C. Ward prices will drop as well (albeit, not that much). Also, Peridot prices are relatively high right now also. There's too much demand and strangely not enough supply.

Also keep in mind that hyper-inflation and sky-rocketing prices that double or triple in a day can potentially kill off your customer playerbase, and in turn kill off the lifespan of the game itself.

Why are you surprised? There's greed everywhere, both from Cryptic/Hasbro marketing, and the elite top-tier geared, AD-nourished veteran players. Cryptic cripples the avenue for AD tradeable goods, while the elitist create a monopolistic chokehold on the majority of listed items on AH. They have the most buying and selling power, even if you try to undercut them, they will undercut you right back with more funds to do so. Everyone is eating eachother alive, it's dog eat dog, the only ones who are at the bottom and will be at the bottom for a very long time are those who are just starting out this game or have recently just started with almost no asset value. Beautiful new world Cryptic has created huh? The rich and powerful get more rich and powerful, while the lower class struggle.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lol, we did that in the real life economy, and you're suprised a virtual economy would turn out any different..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Prices are fine as they are.

Yes, Coal Wards going from 270,000 on Monday to 500,000 3 days later is ''fine''. . .
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.