test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please rethink the implementation of Unstoppable

Comments

• deminist56deminist56 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The problem is the unstoppable, i feel that i gives too much power to the gwf while in it. Take a look at the tr stealth meter, they can only use at-will while in stealth, if an encounter is use they break stealth. This should be done with unstoppable, using an encounter will break it rather than using all encounter while in unstoppable.

My 2 cent
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    deminist56 wrote: »
    The problem is the unstoppable, i feel that i gives too much power to the gwf while in it. Take a look at the tr stealth meter, they can only use at-will while in stealth, if an encounter is use they break stealth. This should be done with unstoppable, using an encounter will break it rather than using all encounter while in unstoppable.

My 2 cent
    dat logic, I DONT EVEN...
  • rezielereziele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2014

My 2 cent
    lol'd, that kinda defeats the given name don't you think? unstoppable stopped with a scratch, nice one..
    ~We need more PvP types. Tired of Dominations!~
  • tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Everyone is so quick to want Unstoppable nerf'd and Threating rush nerf'd...Ok so lets nerf Threating rush, now GWFs will have no way at all to fight a CW or a HR , they can kite us to no end now when played by good players. Take away TR and we have Zero gap closer, sprint you say? sprint is no help when your out of stamina = dead GWFs and a thousand post's on nerfing those 2 classes so now we are all nerf'd great. We can all stand around hitting each other with sticks.

Then you want them to nerf our next ability which gives us a chance VS other melee and our only want to get out of being controll'd. ..No idea if some of you were around the first few months game was live, but GWF's were basically run into fight die re spawn at camp fire. We do not need to go back to that.

Now instead of complaing to devs about the class and just scream nerf, come up with an IDEA that will replace these said skills that do not totaly make it a bag of c,rap running around with a sword...THANKS! and sorry some folks do not know how to use all there skills the right way to kill another class and would rather complain about it.I know plenty of very good TR's CW's and HR's that can beat down a GWF. maybe ask the one's that know how to do it and i am sure they will help you out.

Only class that i feel for is the GF which i would love to be playing but it don't seem to be on the radar yet.
  • cristianrossicristianrossi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    You ever encounter one of those DC cluster groups? 2 CW, HR, ect piled around a DC in a astral shield. Unless you're a GWF and/or the DC isn't tanky it's almost impossible to put a dent in that.

Oh yeah I did, and even found some with that ridiculous spec with full blues def/regen which is quite impossible to beat. Haven't seen those anymore though. About 1~2 months I don't find those clerics.

My point is, for instance, I'm geared with full T2 or full profound righteous + profound necklace/rings/belt + elven battle. Even so I get controlled/prone/slowed/rooted/frozen/mutted and completely owned by all classes. The only leverage I had was to be able TO HEAL myself -> aka throwing around healing word + laying down an astral shield before taking 15k++ crits.

Now, I can't do the only thing I could to survive. I had to change my spec to full dps so I can try to do a little damage before dying. Even so, the only ppl I can really do some damage/beat are undergeared related to me and take a 4k~8k crit with my higher skill available.

Ppl with the same dps as I (14.5k) or even lower (11k++) I can't even scratch. Which is just very frustating.

Before MOD 3 I could go and stand a little damage healing myself and doing the damage I could until someone from my team took out whoever was after me. Before MOD 3 I could play my part as a support class. Now I can't do either. Nor heal, nor damage.
    EguaDoidOx - Rock'n'roll DC / EguaDoidOx - Dominion Champion CW
    Ancient Warriors Guild
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tybrus8 wrote: »
    Everyone is so quick to want Unstoppable nerf'd and Threating rush nerf'd...Ok so lets nerf Threating rush, now GWFs will have no way at all to fight a CW or a HR , they can kite us to no end now when played by good players. Take away TR and we have Zero gap closer, sprint you say? sprint is no help when your out of stamina = dead GWFs and a thousand post's on nerfing those 2 classes so now we are all nerf'd great. We can all stand around hitting each other with sticks.
    Many people did quite well at PVP on their GWFs before the class even had access to IV skills. Kiting takes some skill, so does chasing with sprint and timing attacks. Spamming a button that teleports you to your target does not require any skill.
  • broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Imagine this; Unstoppable gets nerfed, the forums go quiet and zone chat scrolls that fast no one can read a word of it.

.......imagine.....
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    benskix2 wrote: »
    Many people did quite well at PVP on their GWFs before the class even had access to IV skills. Kiting takes some skill, so does chasing with sprint and timing attacks. Spamming a button that teleports you to your target does not require any skill.

Hence, the reason they changed TR Deft Strike from an at-will into an encounter with 12 seconds of recharge.

Compared to Threatening Rush, Deft Strike doesn't have any extra effects aside from applying a slow to your target, which means squat when the effect just dissipates after the target dodges maybe two times. It probably would have meant something when it was an at-will that could be repeated, but anyhow, they simply eradicated as an at-will and brought it back as an encounter with a long recharge.

...at this point, a TR must ask, what is the frickin' justification behind Threatening Rush when a TR gets his Deft Strike nerfed?

Threatening Rush should be made an encounter as well.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • docj0rdocj0r Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While I am a fairly new addition to this game, I can already say that Unstoppable is not the problem. Playing a GWF and seeing the difference between IV and Swordmaster, I can tell you the cause of most woes is Frontline Surge + Take down.

IV stun combo is not balanced at all. GWF needs their damage, and they need some anti CC.

Imo if Frontline Surge was redesigned, or Takedown was a Swordmaster only ability, you would see alot of GWF having to rethink their spec, and not being able to just 123 combo someone.

I think Sentinel feat path might be a tad too tanky? But it's damage is lower, removing or changing one CC would make Sentinel's a bit more manageable.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    oh again an CW QQing about GWF
    nothing to see here.

Again a GWF defending his OP class " Don't nerf me bro"
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited May 2014
    docj0r wrote: »
    While I am a fairly new addition to this game, I can already say that Unstoppable is not the problem. Playing a GWF and seeing the difference between IV and Swordmaster, I can tell you the cause of most woes is Frontline Surge + Take down.

IV stun combo is not balanced at all. GWF needs their damage, and they need some anti CC.

Imo if Frontline Surge was redesigned, or Takedown was a Swordmaster only ability, you would see alot of GWF having to rethink their spec, and not being able to just 123 combo someone.

I think Sentinel feat path might be a tad too tanky? But it's damage is lower, removing or changing one CC would make Sentinel's a bit more manageable.

Unstoppable is a problem when coupled with feats that make it even MORE powerful, imagine a godmode tab feature that you can make MORE powerful? REALLY??????

The ability in and of itself is absolutely amazing, it didn't need feats that made it better and gave extra healing, and more damage.

Unstoppable Recovery giving an extra 5% max hp / Destroyer Purpose adding 10% MORE damage, its ridiculous! Just trying to kill a GWF builds more Determination which means MORE Unstoppables its insane....

edited May 2014
    Unstoppable alone is the greatest tab feature in the game hands down! It didn't need extra power?

Unstoppable.png?version=28937d52dac63825b391995eab7d23e9

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There are reasonable requests for balance, but alot of the forum posts are always "I should never die in PVP, so if I do, nerf that class...."

Just saying.

GWF is indeed in a good spot, and roar is broken to bits, I will not slot it on my GWF, and I die aplenty.

Fix roar so people can counter, its a cheesy encounter and I wish people wouldn't slot it right now.

That being said, honestly the most OP thing right now is a pathfinder HR, Ive poured in 60k of damage into some on my GWF and cannot bring them down.

a GWF has to have some abilities to fight range... here is the issue, there is almost no way to balance everything out, you can keep tinkering, but you will always see people play the op classes in pvp. I know when Im on my DC, I feel like a weighted led balloon on the battlefield, with most of what I could do in the last 6 months nerfed to pieces. I no longer can hold nodes due to GWF and HR combos, I sit slightly off and help my team, if I dont get a good class composition Im screwed however. But if I get lucky and have a few node holders, I can trump around and keep everyone up over and over..
    edited May 2014
    Remove or change Unstoppable Recovery and Destroyer Purpose and Unstoppable will not be OP anymore. Until then having a spammable ability that gives

Unstoppable Recovery (5) Activating Unstoppable now grants you 1/2/3/4/5% of your maximum Hit Points.

Destroyer's Purpose (1) You now gain Determination by dealing damage, and Unstoppable also increases your encounters damage by 10%

Faster attack Speeds
    25-50% damage mittigation
    Immunity to all CC ( Also Breaks free of them )
    10% Extra damage
    5% max HP

I mean really? just read those benefits and imagine other classes having such a feature? Its absolutely unfathomable! It literally is a GODMODE!

At the very least each time its used in a xx time frame should have diminished results, I fought a GWF that used Unstoppable 4 times I mean I was being healed and he wasn't and I could not kill him!

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2014

My 2 cent

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVvNH1Ucp11Bw7HXk4riSJN-duBqJoh3Q-3D86aNQUD4p-Xj_52w

A TR can bring a Destroyer down to half HP from Stealth. Everyone has strong points and weak points. The GWF's strong points maybe easier to utilize but that doesnt mean they are unkillable gods who finish everyone off in 1 rotation. The people who I end in 1 rotation on a 16.3 Destro are usually grossly undergeared.

edit - there , now you can enjoy it too, right Rip ?
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited May 2014
    emilemo wrote: »

A TR can bring a Destroyer down to half HP from Stealth. Everyone has strong points and weak points. The GWF's strong points maybe easier to utilize but that doesnt mean they are unkillable gods who finish everyone off in 1 rotation. The people who I end in 1 rotation on a 16.3 Destro are usually grossly undergeared.

Whats the GF / CW / DC strong pints in comparison to the GWF? Edited out the offensive image

edited May 2014
    Remove or change Unstoppable Recovery and Destroyer Purpose and Unstoppable will not be OP anymore. Until then having a spammable ability that gives

Unstoppable Recovery (5) Activating Unstoppable now grants you 1/2/3/4/5% of your maximum Hit Points.

Destroyer's Purpose (1) You now gain Determination by dealing damage, and Unstoppable also increases your encounters damage by 10%

Faster attack Speeds
    25-50% damage mittigation
    Immunity to all CC ( Also Breaks free of them )
    10% Extra damage
    5% max HP

I mean really? just read those benefits and imagine other classes having such a feature? Its absolutely unfathomable! It literally is a GODMODE!

At the very least each time its used in a xx time frame should have diminished results, I fought a GWF that used Unstoppable 4 times I mean I was being healed and he wasn't and I could not kill him!

Think, this is all i gotta say. To utilize all that to its full potential and to be able to output great damage a Destroyer sacrifices his defensive capability. With 26K HP and 1900 Defence ( that is my Destro at 16.3K GS ) he puts it all in offence and is a one-trick pony, if you survive his trick you can take him down. It's not rocket science people.
    edited May 2014
    Whats the GF / CW / DC strong pints in comparison to the GWF? Edited out the offensive image

Big cats offend you ? I find them cute

Also, a GF can output insane damage + cc in 1 rotation and that is what my IV Conq is doing in PVP. Of course as Ive said before no money nor class can save you from a bad PuG. CW/DC I havent played so I cant comment on them.
    edited May 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    There are reasonable requests for balance, but alot of the forum posts are always "I should never die in PVP, so if I do, nerf that class...."

Just saying.

GWF is indeed in a good spot, and roar is broken to bits, I will not slot it on my GWF, and I die aplenty.

Fix roar so people can counter, its a cheesy encounter and I wish people wouldn't slot it right now.

That being said, honestly the most OP thing right now is a pathfinder HR, Ive poured in 60k of damage into some on my GWF and cannot bring them down.

a GWF has to have some abilities to fight range... here is the issue, there is almost no way to balance everything out, you can keep tinkering, but you will always see people play the op classes in pvp. I know when Im on my DC, I feel like a weighted led balloon on the battlefield, with most of what I could do in the last 6 months nerfed to pieces. I no longer can hold nodes due to GWF and HR combos, I sit slightly off and help my team, if I dont get a good class composition Im screwed however. But if I get lucky and have a few node holders, I can trump around and keep everyone up over and over..

No you don't! Thats like saying a CW needs some abilities to fight melee?

You have abilities at your disposal to utilize that make you immune to cc, and you have sprint, almost ranged prones too! GWF need toning down not more!

edited May 2014
    Big cats offend you ? I find them cute

When a moderator sees the words on that image I'd expect you banned, or the image deleted! I'd do it before they see it?

edited May 2014
    When a moderator sees the words on that image I'd expect you banned, or the image deleted! I'd do it before they see it?

Wont be a loss as these types of forum discussions tend to lead nowhere and the NV forum is polluted with "nerf this threads" anyway. If I like my class I try to make it work. GF is my alt ( more main that alt right now ). It has so many issues but I like the gameplay and the idea of the class so I play it. You wont find even one "nerf this" thread that I have started.
    edited May 2014
    Wont be a loss as these types of forum discussions tend to lead nowhere and the NV forum is polluted with "nerf this threads" anyway. If I like my class I try to make it work. GF is my alt ( more main that alt right now ). It has so many issues but I like the gameplay and the idea of the class so I play it. You wont find even one "nerf this" thread that I have started.

You cannot deny Unstoppable is ridiculously powerful, and knowing you have a get out of jail free card all the time allows you to run around with reckless abandon!

edited May 2014
    You cannot deny Unstoppable is ridiculously powerful, and knowing you have a get out of jail free card all the time allows you to run around with reckless abandon!

Yes that is true. Like I've said GWFs are chaos incarnate, they go crazy with Rage and big weapons ( very few skilled players actually use their mobility ). Should've been called barbarians instead. But only those who specced entirely for damage and put alot into their toons (GS) can really destroy people in 1 rotation. The average GS/clueless GWF will die just as well as an average GS/clueless CW. I made my GWF into a glass cannon, that doesnt hurt me in PVE cause I have lifesteal but in PVP I meet all kinds of people with every class who either kill me or avoid me till someone else kills me.
    As a GF I love to troll GWFs who think unstop is the answer to every question ( you seem to think so too btw ). They pop it and expect me to stand there and take it. Instead I move, GFs have faster base run speed, I block and refill my block. If Im feelin' nasty and have AP(btw GF builds AP crazy fast) I knock them on their bottoms while they are unstoppable, that really leaves them wondering to the point they send me these " come at me without your shield nub "..
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If Im feelin' nasty and have AP(btw GF builds AP crazy fast) I knock them on their bottoms while they are unstoppable, that really leaves them wondering to the point they send me these " come at me without your shield nub "..

This is the greatest sentence I've read in the forums this past week. Thank you.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Think, this is all i gotta say. To utilize all that to its full potential and to be able to output great damage a Destroyer sacrifices his defensive capability. With 26K HP and 1900 Defence ( that is my Destro at 16.3K GS ) he puts it all in offence and is a one-trick pony, if you survive his trick you can take him down. It's not rocket science people.

There's no reason you should have 26k hp. Hell, on GWFs, Constitution gives you resistance ignored (free armor penetration).

That has nothing to do with Destroyer and everything to do with you building badly. There was never anything in Sentinal that gave you more hp.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    No you don't! Thats like saying a CW needs some abilities to fight melee?

You have abilities at your disposal to utilize that make you immune to cc, and you have sprint, almost ranged prones too! GWF need toning down not more!

just inspected both of your chars on gateway and for your build everything ill be OP.
    so can you just stop QQ
    edited May 2014
    just inspected both of your chars on gateway and for your build everything ill be OP.
    so can you just stop QQ

Can you elaborate?

• lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's no reason you should have 26k hp. Hell, on GWFs,

Agreed, that's miserable for a class that many see as a Barbarian. All the other classes have more HP.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Unstoppable is good how is it,

mostly people still don't know how to fight against gwf,
    i notice this a lot of times on a PvP match,
    they still attacking non stop to a GWF and thats the Error.!

When GWF use "Unstop" dont atack whit Encounter/daily use only At-will skills!
    than you see it's coming to the end then go focus him.. use all ur Encounter/dailys
    its easy kill if u know how,
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    lmao this Thread is such a joke, people who dont know how to play their class just got owned by a fully geared gwf, and come here to cry your probems away.

Just FYI, Destroyer Spec GWF's NEED UNstoppable and defensive stats that they currently have to still be viable in PVP.
    Which by the way was the whole point of Mod 3. Teo Put DMG Farther into the Destoryer Tree, so the base dmg from Full sentinel builds is reduced.

GET IT RIGHT, GWF's do As much dmg as they do BECAUSE THEY ARE SPECCED FOR IT.

If Your class is not doing enough dmg, THEN SPEC FOR IT.

TR's Specced into Perma builds, ARE NOT SPECCED FOR DMG, Spec into it.

CW's who are meatball spec, ARE NOT SPECCED FOR DMG, SPec into it.

HR Is by far the most broken class currently, with GReater plague fire given UNlimmited stacks of the new ability.

HR can beat ANY CLASS 1v1, ANY CLASS.

Get your facts straight people before you come here and waste my time, and the Developers times. Thanks.