test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please rethink the implementation of Unstoppable

Comments

• fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    Unstoppable is good how is it,

mostly people still don't know how to fight against gwf,
    i notice this a lot of times on a PvP match,
    they still attacking non stop to a GWF and thats the Error.!

When GWF use "Unstop" dont atack whit Encounter/daily use only At-will skills!
    than you see it's coming to the end then go focus him.. use all ur Encounter/dailys
    its easy kill if u know how,

Thank You for this Reply, Prob the most correct thing anyone has said in here.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank You for this Reply, Prob the most correct thing anyone has said in here.

Hilarious so your idea is to not attack the GWF that is destroying you and kindly wait for his Overpowered Tab Feature to end in the hopes you'll still be alive to focus him down?

Wow! just wow!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Hilarious so your idea is to not attack the GWF that is destroying you and kindly wait for his Overpowered Tab Feature to end in the hopes you'll still be alive to focus him down?

Wow! just wow!

?... NO You move out of the way.....like any 8 year old kid would do in any game, you dodge or move.....
    edited May 2014
    lmao this Thread is such a joke, people who dont know how to play their class just got owned by a fully geared gwf, and come here to cry your probems away.

Just FYI, Destroyer Spec GWF's NEED UNstoppable and defensive stats that they currently have to still be viable in PVP.
    Which by the way was the whole point of Mod 3. Teo Put DMG Farther into the Destoryer Tree, so the base dmg from Full sentinel builds is reduced.

GET IT RIGHT, GWF's do As much dmg as they do BECAUSE THEY ARE SPECCED FOR IT.

If Your class is not doing enough dmg, THEN SPEC FOR IT.

TR's Specced into Perma builds, ARE NOT SPECCED FOR DMG, Spec into it.

CW's who are meatball spec, ARE NOT SPECCED FOR DMG, SPec into it.

HR Is by far the most broken class currently, with GReater plague fire given UNlimmited stacks of the new ability.

HR can beat ANY CLASS 1v1, ANY CLASS.

Get your facts straight people before you come here and waste my time, and the Developers times. Thanks.

You couldn't be more wrong! Noone here is complaining they got owned by a 16+k GWF while I / we may have 14k-15k... The issue is they are to powerful and have a tab feature that is far and beyond over powered, then you add in Unstoppable Recovery and Destroyer Purpose and you have a self healing, immune, killing machine that can prone, slow, and stun you with a sprint readily availible!

edited May 2014
    ?... NO You move out of the way.....like any 8 year old kid would do in any game, you dodge or move.....

How many dodges do you think people have? Also how pray tell does a GF dodge? I think your 8 yr old theory is as silly as your comments!

So we just move out of the way, and we can survive? Because the GWF will surely not follow us or use one of the plethora of abilities to prevent you from doing so.

You're right, EVERYONE THIS KIND GENTLEMAN HAS FINALLY SOLVED OUR PLIGHT! ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS MOVE OUT OF THE GWFS WAY!

• cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    You couldn't be more wrong! Noone here is complaining they got owned by a 16+k GWF while I / we may have 14k-15k... The issue is they are to powerful and have a tab feature that is far and beyond over powered, then you add in Unstoppable Recovery and Destroyer Purpose and you have a self healing, immune, killing machine that can prone, slow, and stun you with a sprint readily availible!
    for ur 29k hp CW with almost no defensive stats everything ill be OP as i said b4.
    edited May 2014
    for ur 29k hp CW with almost no defensive stats everything ill be OP as i said b4.

I agree! Hes still working on gear 14.8k gs not great but not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> either! Hes got pvp gear, CWs cannot compete at a high level without team help. No amount of defensive stats are going to help a CW, and if you think all CWs need is to stack HP and DEF stats you are..... I'm not even going to continue!

• hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

Until they fix Roar, you can't.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How many dodges do you think people have? Also how pray tell does a GF dodge? I think your 8 yr old theory is as silly as your comments!

So we just move out of the way, and we can survive? Because the GWF will surely not follow us or use one of the plethora of abilities to prevent you from doing so.

You're right, EVERYONE THIS KIND GENTLEMAN HAS FINALLY SOLVED OUR PLIGHT! ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS MOVE OUT OF THE GWFS WAY!

Omg HE SO SMAWT :o. I would really like to see a GWF roll another class and teach all of us newbs how to destroy them.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Until they fix Roar, you can't.

Actually, until they fix:

■ roar: bugged, ranged, recharges too fast - should be a debuff or buff, not a cc
    ■ FSL: AoE, ranged prone... ranged?? prone??
    ■ sprint: should have higher stamina burn rate
    ■ Threatening Rush: bullshi* at-will. should be an encounter with recharge time (a la Deft Strike)

...nobody "moves out of the way" of the GWF.

Lawdy, the way these GWF sympathizers are describing its as if because people are stupid and dumb that they can't "move out of the way". Heaven knows every class tries -- and finds it impossible. The TRs are the only class that can really "move out of the way", provided their stealth is ready. If lucky they can escape with maybe half of their HP blown to kingdom come in the first 5 seconds they are unluckily snagged by the series of bullchi* AoE/ranged CCs they throw around randomly.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    For a meele class, the line between make it op and useless is very thin. PS: See how GF suck for example. If you remove or nerf unstoppable, you will make GWF another GF. Because even the most pro GWF can be killed by some top TRs, and HRs. and some CWs hit very hard. However, i do agree gwf is op in this mod. as meele char, it is stupid it has so many CCs and so many ranged skills. I believe with ROAR nerfed we will see more balance. since roar is the skill that allows gwf to successfuly land 100% of rotation "takedown+ibs" + dailies and smash ppl. roar is so broken, it go through unstoppable. it prevents unstoppable, and make the char <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> forever.
    gwfs 1 x 1 now is so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. if both gwf have about same lvl of gear and skill, wins who is the luckiest and lands more critical. and roar really make the 1 x 1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> too.

I dont think FS is as bad as roar cuz the high cooldown, however, i still think it is a stupid skill for a meele character. GWF Should be feared on close combat, should survive and destroy, but it should not have the tools to close gap so easy as roar, FLS, threatening rush... they should rely on "sprint" and skill to make it happen. I play gwf since mod 1 when they were close to useless on PvP, and i feel ashamed of playing it now, so many new players playing it everyday and thinking they are "pro"...
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For a meele class, the line between make it op and useless is very thin. PS: See how GF suck for example. If you remove or nerf unstoppable, you will make GWF another GF. Because even the most pro GWF can be killed by some top TRs, and HRs. and some CWs hit very hard. However, i do agree gwf is op in this mod. as meele char, it is stupid it has so many CCs and so many ranged skills. I believe with ROAR nerfed we will see more balance. since roar is the skill that allows gwf to successfuly land 100% of rotation "takedown+ibs" + dailies and smash ppl. roar is so broken, it go through unstoppable. it prevents unstoppable, and make the char <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> forever.
    gwfs 1 x 1 now is so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. if both gwf have about same lvl of gear and skill, wins who is the luckiest and lands more critical. and roar really make the 1 x 1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> too.

I dont think FS is as bad as roar cuz the high cooldown, however, i still think it is a stupid skill for a meele character. GWF Should be feared on close combat, should survive and destroy, but it should not have the tools to close gap so easy as roar, FLS, threatening rush... they should rely on "sprint" and skill to make it happen. I play gwf since mod 1 when they were close to useless on PvP, and i feel ashamed of playing it now, so many new players playing it everyday and thinking they are "pro"...

Best GWF I heard from yet. The only one who acknowledges that they're sort of OP. Look on to the lower bracket PVPs you have a bunch of GWFs coming your way 60 is gonna end up 5 GWFs vs 5 GWFs soon
  • maxiumdanmaxiumdan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Give GF unstoppable...
  • docj0rdocj0r Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I play swordmaster / destroyer. If unstoppable was changed drastically it would completely ruin the spec for any sort of pvp (though it's not that great as it is)

What people need to understand is that GWF that isn't specced IV is actually not that super in pvp. I'm gonna say again, it's not unstoppable, it's the long range aoe prone + takedown, it's too much.

All the problem GWF's are IV, if you face a swordmaster, which would be very rare, you will notice they are alot easier to manage, takes alot of work as Swordmaster to outplay other classes (Especially IV GWF lol)
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1. Just get rid of all those godda*n gap-closers and ranged CCs from GWFs.

2. Give all those godda*n gap-closers and ranged CCs to TRs.

3. Then nerf the hell outta stealth duration/refresh from TRs.

P R O F I T !! Everyone happy!
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    "Your post limit has been exceeded. Please purchase more Zen to continue."

After Gentlemancrush applies his fix to Roar, please come back to this thread and continue to wager on further nerfs to the GWF. At this time more GWF's will have their level 60 alt HR in reasonable gear and the cycle can continue.

Some extremely vocal posters in this thread. Especially compared to the 2500 players in Protector's Enclave most days.
  • purp4purp4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Any tips on how a DC can 1 v 1 a GWF please?

Thanks in advance.........
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    purp4 wrote: »

I have a suggestion but Im afraid if I put it in the words I have in mind I'll offend someone again ( such fragile feelings people here have ). When you picked that DC at character creation you didnt expect to be a killer right ? Depending on your answer you can stop reading. In case you are not an idiot please continue.. The DC heals/buffs himself and his allies and does some damage/cc all while sliding back and forth around the node. As both a 16.3 GWF and 14.5 GF I've met DCs in pvp who stay on node unable to die and hold it till their mates come and clean house. You are not a bloody battle cleric dont expect to kill a GWF solo, you are supposed to survive him. If you cant do that look at people who can and learn from them.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited May 2014

^^^
    Since no GWf answers, me a nameless GF step ahead to tell you what GWFs would have told you ,if were not busy trolling the domination battleground at the moment:;)

1.You just kite the enemy GWF by using your dodges.Well ok the GWF might sprint like a 50% mount.... and then have threatening rush...... and ,or RANGED cc but....eh.....YOu just kite!!Got it??? ;)

2.After you kite sometimes the usually slow GWF might catch you.No problem!!!As stated by all GWFs here ,GWF class is severelly underpowered and needs more buffs!!So you don't have to worry.Use astral shield and your chains....but....chains don't work during ustoppable....but..you....eh...use....em...

3.Ustoppable pops in.Easy part.As many GWFs stated countless times in the forums during unstoppable it is very easy to fight a GWF.How?You simply do not attack and wait 6 secs to go away..It will finally .It is just a matter of time.Can you not wait for 6 secs???Gosh.

4.You just died during unstoppable mode of a GWF?so?PVP is more about domination points stop being a nuuubbb and ride your horse and go again mid..(so to kill you again we the GWFs and to rank up in leaderboard)

^^^^^^^
    These are the usual answers of some GWFs.Ok i transformed them a bit and made them ironic but the essense is there.They will tell you the same non logical nonsense over and over again more to convince themselves and then you.
    And the real answer to your question as attested by every non GWF class since the begiining of mod2 and up to now:

"Any tips on how a DC can 1 v 1 a GWF please?"
    No tips.You cannot.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ^^^
    Since no GWf answers, me a nameless GF step ahead to tell you what GWFs would have told you ,if were not busy trolling the domination battleground at the moment:;)

1.You just kite the enemy GWF by using your dodges.Well ok the GWF might sprint like a 50% mount.... and then have threatening rush...... and ,or RANGED cc but....eh.....YOu just kite!!Got it??? ;)

2.After you kite sometimes the usually slow GWF might catch you.No problem!!!As stated by all GWFs here ,GWF class is severelly underpowered and needs more buffs!!So you don't have to worry.Use astral shield and your chains....but....chains don't work during ustoppable....but..you....eh...use....em...

3.Ustoppable pops in.Easy part.As many GWFs stated countless times in the forums during unstoppable it is very easy to fight a GWF.How?You simply do not attack and wait 6 secs to go away..It will finally .It is just a matter of time.Can you not wait for 6 secs???Gosh.

4.You just died during unstoppable mode of a GWF?so?PVP is more about domination points stop being a nuuubbb and ride your horse and go again mid..(so to kill you again we the GWFs and to rank up in leaderboard)

^^^^^^^
    These are the usual answers of some GWFs.Ok i transformed them a bit and made them ironic but the essense is there.They will tell you the same non logical nonsense over and over again more to convince themselves and then you.
    And the real answer to your question as attested by every non GWF class since the begiining of mod2 and up to now:

"Any tips on how a DC can 1 v 1 a GWF please?"
    No tips.You cannot.

Someone got their Guard broken way too many times while tryin' to block the Unstoppable ?
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ^^^
    true....:rolleyes:
  • broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

2 Stats - Defense & Power. 1 Attribute - Stamina. 3 Artifact - Stam/guard Gain/HP/Def/Defl. 3 Abilities - Exhaltation + Divine Glow + Chains.

You'll survive the first burst.
    You'll apply Chains.
    You'll apply Divine Glow.
    You'll prepare to dodge.
    You'll dodge.
    You'll apply Exhaltation.
    You'll Dodge.

You will spend a long time doing this, but eventually the servers will go down for Mod4.

As a point - a lot of tiny hits generate more determination than a few larger hits. Don't use Sacred Flame or any other At-wills that hit often, stick with Brand of the Sun and the lifesteal buff.

Your bottleneck will be tied to gearscore, fresh 9-13k gs GWFs should lose to this more often than win. 15k is co-op.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No.... GWFS are just fine as is....

What needs to be looked into is the restoration of your Single Target control powers that were NERFed in PvP.

THAT was your method of countering his Unstoppable and knockdown/prones. It Was to use Repel to push him away OR paralyze him or immobilize him.

Once they made the stupid mistake of removing those things from your side of PvP, or shortening their duration to almost nothing, suddenly you're in shoes where all his work... and none of your counters to anything he does works.

Well no wonder you can't compete anymore, and he looks like a GOD.

What REALLY needs to be looked at is the absolute reversal of all the classes PvP nerfs up to this point, as THAT is what caused the current situation... GWFs are just fine and have always been.

Whats MISSING... is your COUNTER to all of their things... so of course... you're now in shoes where all theirs works... none of yours does.

Why the hell you would want to PvP in those shoes in beyond me... I'd just walk away and let them stroke themselves off alone if I were you. Because obviously you're not allowed to participate in PvP... they are.

Another thing that needs a good reversal is the Rogue damage nerfs. These were stupid and short sighted. They would be able to compete with any GWF if they had their damage back.

There was NEVER anything wrong with the GWF powers and abilities... what you ran into was some idiot that did not understand the REAL balance of the classes and suddenly assumed that EVERYONE should fight toe to toe like a GWF...

... forgetting that the other classes are not designed to handle that kind of tank battle.... IT THEY'RE NOT A TANK...

Yes it annoys me.... they created an unbalanced issue, where there was none before through this short sighted lack of understanding.

Its called... shoes of your own making.

Very smart post.

CWs- need control back
    TRs - need damage back
    GFs - need to be more tanky

The issue on WHY a gwf needs things like threat rush/takedown/roar etc is because its so easy to kite/negate damage in this game with a dodge. GWFs dont have a roll or dodge mechanic and let me tell you how frustrating it is to IBS or even takedown someone to THEN AFTER the animation is complete "blink" away... Lukily for us, takedown if missed resets to a 3 second CD, if that was taken away that would suck.

Another issue is that GWFs NEED threat rush to even compete with HRs, their infinite dodges are really just stupid, as a GWF my only hope in keeping up with them is to literally spam TR until I can roar+takedown and hope ONE of those two are not dodged so I can set up my IBS. Unstoppable means nothing when you cant hit a target that dodges.

So like this person put it, the ONLY tone down GWFs need atm is honestly the roar fix, and a small damage nerf to Dest specs. THEN CWs need their single target CC back, AND TRs need their damage back THEN HRs need their dodges nerfed to maybe 3 with longer range.

GFs need to be more tanky (in the area of block meter lasting longer) and overall I think DCs from my experience are fairly decent. Just my 2 cents...
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    unstoppable is fine bro. the "ranged" attacks like roar, FS, threatening rush that make the gwf *****for a meele character.
    imo they never should have gotten the best abilities from the GF class. That was a nail in the coffin for GF, and a lazy way of adding a new paragon path to GWF.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    GWFs dont have a roll or dodge mechanic and let me tell you how frustrating it is to IBS or even takedown someone to THEN AFTER the animation is complete "blink" away...

Imagine correctly anticipating a takedown, dodging, and the rubberbanding back to where you were, now prone.

It's a ping issue I guess and goes both ways.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Very smart post.

CWs- need control back
    TRs - need damage back
    GFs - need to be more tanky

The issue on WHY a gwf needs things like threat rush/takedown/roar etc is because its so easy to kite/negate damage in this game with a dodge. GWFs dont have a roll or dodge mechanic and let me tell you how frustrating it is to IBS or even takedown someone to THEN AFTER the animation is complete "blink" away... Lukily for us, takedown if missed resets to a 3 second CD, if that was taken away that would suck.

Another issue is that GWFs NEED threat rush to even compete with HRs, their infinite dodges are really just stupid, as a GWF my only hope in keeping up with them is to literally spam TR until I can roar+takedown and hope ONE of those two are not dodged so I can set up my IBS. Unstoppable means nothing when you cant hit a target that dodges.

So like this person put it, the ONLY tone down GWFs need atm is honestly the roar fix, and a small damage nerf to Dest specs. THEN CWs need their single target CC back, AND TRs need their damage back THEN HRs need their dodges nerfed to maybe 3 with longer range.

GFs need to be more tanky (in the area of block meter lasting longer) and overall I think DCs from my experience are fairly decent. Just my 2 cents...

Tell me please, how many damage u receive from a HR when the HR dodge?

And where is writen that that u kill the HR always and not to be killed?.

u have 2 cents for all: buffs there, nerf HR... but I dont see nothing for GWF... for you the GWF is perfect and not a issue in the actual gaming?

As HR I have 2 CC encounters with 15-18 seconds CD: Binding Arrows/Costrict Arrows.. ur 6 seconds unstoppable negate both... I have a escape encounter as marauder with CD of 10-15 secs.. ur spammable TR negate that and give dmg... Can I kill u with 1-2K damage from split shot if stop dodge (and take dmg by you)? how many split shot need for kill U? ur sprint is more of my speed, how I can escape ur damage and take range?

GWF is not only a melee, have alot of semiranged 15/30' range shots also.

U seem to me more suited for "Hello Kitty" or "I WIN BUTTON" type game that PvPgame (if one can speak of PvP in a P2W as NW or the long long time that need for a newbies for become competive in PvP).
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • goldroger007goldroger007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    1) GFs had that long time ago, did you complain then ?
    2) FLS has a long cooldown and its damage is now reduced and it can be dodged by those who know how to dodge
    3) We dont have a dodge also a full stamina bar cannot close in to a HR or a CW attacking me from their max range - also Stamina takes a long time to refill
    4) IBS is tooltipped at around 6500 on my 16.3 GWF with 8000 power - the big numbers come from Greater/Perfect Vorpal, dont act as if the encounter itself hits for 15K base, also dodge it ( also a GF can hit for much more with a simple Lunging Strike+KC+crit, should they nerf GFs too ? )
    5) "Attack Speed: carries a weapon 6 feet tall and still outswings most " during Unstoppable.

Conclusion - are you being stupid or simply trolling ?

i guess u are the one being stupid, u know that u are comaparing KC+lunging strike to just ONE encounter, compraing 2 encounter to one is just tard lol, and im a dc ive tried many build and in that of all builds the highest dps made on me are by GWFs, not even trs can outdps a GWF
  • cristianrossicristianrossi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    I have a suggestion but Im afraid if I put it in the words I have in mind I'll offend someone again ( such fragile feelings people here have ). When you picked that DC at character creation you didnt expect to be a killer right ? Depending on your answer you can stop reading. In case you are not an idiot please continue.. The DC heals/buffs himself and his allies and does some damage/cc all while sliding back and forth around the node. As both a 16.3 GWF and 14.5 GF I've met DCs in pvp who stay on node unable to die and hold it till their mates come and clean house. You are not a bloody battle cleric dont expect to kill a GWF solo, you are supposed to survive him. If you cant do that look at people who can and learn from them.

Yes, I agree. And before mod3 clerics were able to survive (astral shield/chains/whatever healings you prefer) a gwf (equally geared) and do some team support.

Now, with the DEEPLY THOUGHT nerf to the clerics own healing we are forced to leave the healing skills behind as they are worthless to surviving the battlefield. Yes you need them to support your team, but having them slotted is just a waste cause you can't hold your **** together.

Why? Clerics are the first to be targeted (generally) and if healing skills don't work on themselves they are left with 3 useless encounters and nothing else to protect themselves.

Yes, the team should be helping out but that's about it. Right now I'm using all damaging skills...at least that way I can do something before dying.

On the last pvps I played yesterday the other teams would just ignore me and let me walk around. As some said to me yesterday, and I quote: "hahahaha", "stupid cleric", "why don't you do another char", "go home dc" (dunno what this last one was about, lol....by a TR after dealing me a 34k lashing blade...and im wearing profounds...lol).

I felt really discouraged to continue playing.
    EguaDoidOx - Rock'n'roll DC / EguaDoidOx - Dominion Champion CW
    Ancient Warriors Guild
  • ablettoabletto Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    There are reasonable requests for balance, but alot of the forum posts are always "I should never die in PVP, so if I do, nerf that class...."

Just saying.

GWF is indeed in a good spot, and roar is broken to bits, I will not slot it on my GWF, and I die aplenty.

Fix roar so people can counter, its a cheesy encounter and I wish people wouldn't slot it right now.

That being said, honestly the most OP thing right now is a pathfinder HR, Ive poured in 60k of damage into some on my GWF and cannot bring them down.

a GWF has to have some abilities to fight range... here is the issue, there is almost no way to balance everything out, you can keep tinkering, but you will always see people play the op classes in pvp. I know when Im on my DC, I feel like a weighted led balloon on the battlefield, with most of what I could do in the last 6 months nerfed to pieces. I no longer can hold nodes due to GWF and HR combos, I sit slightly off and help my team, if I dont get a good class composition Im screwed however. But if I get lucky and have a few node holders, I can trump around and keep everyone up over and over..

Word mate. Even as a Sentinel with RIDICULOUS defensive stats and "okay" crit-capable DPS I can chain prone one of Pathfinder guys, crit my IBS on last hit and they're back at 80-90% health in like .2 seconds meanwhile I'm already down to 20% HP despite my epic defensive stats which let me take brunt force from every class except glass cannon Swordmaster/Destroyers (which are easy to kill since they die in 5 hits).

I don't agree that Unstoppable is OP as peeps are saying. And don't forget that a LOT of GWFs are using combo: Unstoppable + Bloodcrystal + Restoring Strike, so the benfits of Unstoppable might seem more than it really is in terms of self-healing. Despite this, it's entirely necessary for GWF because we'd be a slow moving train that is easily ganked without it. That goes for mobility too, and don't freakin tell me that that's a problem because I've fought very well talented HRs, DCs, and CWs who can kite me much longer than necessary for me to be put in a situation where I'm already ganked and need to Unstoppable + Sprint away.

I will say that it does seem to gain % a bit faster then I'd expect in certain situations. Taking a crit seems to be the real culprit and will easily put you at 50%.

I can see their side of the argument though. We get "eh" bonus HP (enough to survive long enough for a getaway or an easy kill) and CC immunity. Combine that with a full sprint bar, which mind you, depletes rather fu*&^#g fast, and it seems like we're a freight train of doom, not to mention Threatening Rush.

But what happens if you take Unstoppable and Threatening Rush away? We'd be like CC prone (using that word by its dictionary meaning here) turtles slowly grudging across the battlefield while taking massive damage. Nah nah. Why not just take stealth away from TRs or Shields away from GFs? GWF would quickly go from being on top to being "the guy who gets easily ganked."

People seem to forget Gear Score too. My guildies have some HR, TRs, CWs, and even DCs that perform epically in PvP. Better than I can. Why? They have so much more GS. Does that make them seem OP to me? Sure. Does it mean they really are? No. They just put in the time/effort/money to get to that point.

As a GWF who ranks around page 70 on the leaderboards, I'd love to see these changes:

A.) Un-nerf CW CC, and either give DCs back their healing or prioritize their feats so they can become more viable in PvP
    B.) Give Unstoppable a slower charge rate that doesn't spike 20%+ when you get hit with a crit, OR move the proc bar from 50% to 65% or 75% so it becomes less spam worthy
    C.) Give CWs and DCs some synchronization in feats to allow higher defensive stats. They got what it takes for DPS and YES I REALIZE IT'S NOT ROLEPLAY WORTH FOR OR MAGE TO STACK DEFENSE.... but they need it to not feel so worthless. Fact is that we GWFs get a whole lot more Damage Reduction and Deflect % before factoring in Tenacity we seem to take it for granted.

If not giving other classes the opportunity to improve their survivability, and I'm totally excluding HRs from this list you regen freaks who seem to be invulnerable. Yes that's you, Mr. Pathfinder insanity man.... then other mechanics need to be introduced to improve their survivability aside from defense. New dailies, encounters, feat synchronization, whatever it takes.

I really feel for the CWs who used to be the c**k of the block now getting owned to shreds because their CC does ****. Meanwhile HRs still have their roots which are still annoying as hell (but balanced IMO). Of course Wizards are not a tanky class, I just don't think that they deserved to lose their only edge and I don't think DCs should have lost their healing while getting no boost to DPS.

A few changes and it would be a world of difference where any 1 v 1 situation might result in either guy losing, the only variables being skill, gear score, and latency :P

2 cents or whatever
  • syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Yes, I agree. And before mod3 clerics were able to survive (astral shield/chains/whatever healings you prefer) a gwf (equally geared) and do some team support.

Now, with the DEEPLY THOUGHT nerf to the clerics own healing we are forced to leave the healing skills behind as they are worthless to surviving the battlefield. Yes you need them to support your team, but having them slotted is just a waste cause you can't hold your **** together.

Why? Clerics are the first to be targeted (generally) and if healing skills don't work on themselves they are left with 3 useless encounters and nothing else to protect themselves.

Yes, the team should be helping out but that's about it. Right now I'm using all damaging skills...at least that way I can do something before dying.

On the last pvps I played yesterday the other teams would just ignore me and let me walk around. As some said to me yesterday, and I quote: "hahahaha", "stupid cleric", "why don't you do another char", "go home dc" (dunno what this last one was about, lol....by a TR after dealing me a 34k lashing blade...and im wearing profounds...lol).

I felt really discouraged to continue playing.

U are a bad player and ruin also the team if u queue for pugs without healing stuffs
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)