The coolest Anime Ever

masteraires18masteraires18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Off Topic
What are your views on the characteristics of the best anime
Post edited by masteraires18 on

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dragonball z is still the most popular/successful anime there is, followed by One Piece and Poke'mon.

Personally i like: Cowboy Bebop, Slayers, Golden boy, Sailor Moon and Hellsing.

But my alltime favorites are: Yu yu Hakusho, The Hakkenden, Record of Lodoss war.

edited May 2014
    If there is one anime that i can't stand it has got to be... Naruto.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    . . . I really love The Ninja Scrolls (No one can kill me. This, you of all men should know by now. I have become immortal as a true demon.), Dominion Tank Police (WE NEED MORE TANKS!), Gall Force, Akira, and Vampire Hunter D.
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin), best anime evah but too bad it ended... hoping it'll continue in future.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    • Samurai Jack
    • Powerpuff Girls
    • Big O
    • Vampire Hunter D
    • Spirited Away
    • Ghost in the Shell
  • monsterhondmonsterhond Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My all time favorite is Umineko no naku koro ni, altough Hellsing Ultimate also is really good!
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    my top 1 is dbz . I think the akira managed to make a beautiful arrangement between morality of western super heroes and "non-self" concept (i dont know the english translation).

the rest of the list: Akira (Otomo), berserk, and ... SAINT SEYA!

Lightning Plasma!!!!!!!
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Currently been watching Shukugan no Shana lately but I admit one of my all time favorites fits in with the game very well,

Sword Art Online.

But I also like Cat Planet Cuties, Spice and Wolf, DearS, High School of the Dead, Is this a Zombie, Demon King Diamao, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.

Also got a kick out of High School DxD,

Some really cool ones were Eden of the East, Witch Hunter Robin,

Kanon just hurts to watch even though I really like it, but its very deep, a lot like Clannad. Just a few of the ones I watch.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The only one that I ever truly went nuts about was Akira. But that's also the only one I ever saw on the big screen. I liked Lensman and Fist of the Northstar, Vampire Hunter D.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Japanese have some... interesting quirks at times. I say this being half-Japanese, 2nd generation born in the USA, with an outsider's view of their culture NOT developed through obsession with one small aspect of their media.

Listing what I view as good anime would be exhaustive. I always liked Slayers and Ranma back in the day. Ghost in the Shell was very well done. Beyond those, I agree with many of the choices mentioned for a variety of reasons and disagree with many of them as well.

Key's works, as in the company, such as Kanon, Air, and Clannad are deliberate tear jerkers revolving around a central woobie character. All three are visually well animated and in the case of their Light novels excellently illustrated. Avoid if you don't want to be punched in the gut with deliberately contrived tragedy.

Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, Fist of the North Star, and such are great for teenagers to young adults who love endless violence and escalating conflict. Though with DBZ (and GT), fiber might help, because a lot of the characters have constipation so bad they glow.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hmm not sure if its considered anime, but my favorite most time spent in a game was FFVII so I would choose Sephiroth!

20130621181628!Sephiroth.png
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    One Piece.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • starryruinstarryruin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fairy Tail is a pretty awesome anime.
  • stripiestfilly0stripiestfilly0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Coolest?, Uhm.. that's a hard choise..., but an anime that I could see forever and never get bored is Slam Dunk, it's just soo good, and have some songs that make me feel so nostalgic like these ones... another good option is Berserk, but the anime wasn't so extremely good like the manga, however the story is so good and it have some very nice OST like Earth or Guts, we also have DBZ, Zoids, etc... I think I can't pick one but if I had to I would choose Slam Dunk.
  • xamuyeesxamuyees Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2014
    All y'all already know it's Hentai
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

But my alltime favorites are: Yu yu Hakusho, The Hakkenden, Record of Lodoss war.

LOL you might be the only person other than me that know and also liked yu yu hakusho, +1 for you
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited July 2014
    My favorites are SAO and Code Geass ... actually, probably just Code Geass
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My favorite is the one where the hero fights the baddie. Nearly wins, only to have the baddie power up and fight harder, nearly defeating the hero. This leads to the hero, on the brink of defeat, powering up and fighting harder to finally beat the baddie. So they can move on to the next baddie. With the first baddie becoming an ally to the hero. This process takes like 15 episodes, sprinkled with all kinds of flashbacks and filler to needlessly extend things.

You guys know that one? I just can't think of the name.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Saiyuki definitely.

Black Lagoon getting close.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • baddielbaddiel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mine would have to be Claymore. After watching that, nothing else seems to even compare in quality. Yeah, it's kinda killed anime for me but in a good way (if that's at all possible?).
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    baddiel wrote: »
    Mine would have to be Claymore. After watching that, nothing else seems to even compare in quality. Yeah, it's kinda killed anime for me but in a good way (if that's at all possible?).

OMG read the manga!!!! The manga is so cool and it's still on going, it's like living in the best of worlds where Claymore never ends, saw the anime 3 times and nothing can compare to the Manga
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi everyone. I'm going to let you finish, but first I have to say Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are hands down the best anime ever made.

A very close second place would have to be Sword Art Online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    My favorite is the one where the hero fights the baddie. Nearly wins, only to have the baddie power up and fight harder, nearly defeating the hero. This leads to the hero, on the brink of defeat, powering up and fighting harder to finally beat the baddie. So they can move on to the next baddie. With the first baddie becoming an ally to the hero. This process takes like 15 episodes, sprinkled with all kinds of flashbacks and filler to needlessly extend things.

You guys know that one? I just can't think of the name.

This describes half of DBZ easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dragon ball is my favorite dbz was great to
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Anything Hayao Miyazaki I have truely enjoyed. All Studio Ghibli, especially Pom Poko, those tricksy raccoons.

First anime I saw was Ghost in the Shell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCTzn41IGLA - GitS Standalone complex MV Epik High - Fallin), I really liked it. I also liked the Animatrix.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • allrustleallrustle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My all time favorite is powerpuff girls, They are adorable! :)
    edited October 2014
    Ichi the killer, is a great anime series. (not suitable for children, though.) And the anime series, Baki isn't bad either.

• pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No Saint Seiya no care. Greatest anime by far.

Honorable mentions:

- Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star)

- Steins;Gate

- Fate/Zero

- Berserk

- Hunter X Hunter
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I really love Berserk.

I think I am the only person in Neverwinter with a Whisperknife based on Judeau.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia