What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lag and Rubberbanding in IWD, Delves, GG and PE

Comments

• Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    It's actually quite smooth in some instances, but most of the time it's laggy in IWD, especially when in combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    larsalexander123larsalexander123 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So is it just me that lags wherever I go? Lucky me. :\:(
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've also been experiencing significant lag since the mod 3 release. I had none prior to this.
    I've noticed that the vast majority of this is whilst in Ice Wind Dale, and appears to be tied to the instance population.
    When some of the bigger HE's have spawned (e.g. Remorhaz) and there is an influx of population transferring to take advantage of the spawn, this is when the lag is at it's worst.

Aside from this i think the devs have done a great job on the zone. It's just a shame that the lag makes it near unplayable
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    larsalexander123larsalexander123 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sabre10 wrote: »
    I've also been experiencing significant lag since the mod 3 release. I had none prior to this.
    I've noticed that the vast majority of this is whilst in Ice Wind Dale, and appears to be tied to the instance population.
    When some of the bigger HE's have spawned (e.g. Remorhaz) and there is an influx of population transferring to take advantage of the spawn, this is when the lag is at it's worst.

Aside from this i think the devs have done a great job on the zone. It's just a shame that the lag makes it near unplayable

Agreed!
    /10char
  • Options
    savagefistsavagefist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So is it just me that lags wherever I go? Lucky me. :\:(
    No, you are not alone. I've noticed my fps drop down seriously(going from 58 down to single digits) in lairs also such as the Gnarlroot Caves. It starts out fine, I fight some mobs, the FPS drops down, they are defeated and it never recovers. I can log out on that spot, log back in and FPS are fine again until next battle. I tested this out 3 times and always the FPS returned. And it doesn't happen every battle. This didn't use to happen. Yes, there were some spots in lairs that lagged consistently but they were few and now it does appear to pop up more often then previous to Mod 3.

I'm not sure if it is network lag or inefficient coding in certain areas(so a graphics issue instead) but playing the other day with another player I was asked if I started noticing some lag while we were playing in Dreadspire. I replied yes but we continued and it wasn't so bad as to cause a wipe. While playing in Icewind Dale over the past few days it was not uncommon to see some zone chat complaining about lag.

All I know for sure is I had a more consistent experience prior to this module.

Edit: HAH, the one area I usually expect lag, rounding a tight corner in Gnarlroot towards the end to fight 4 redcaps has no lag.
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Intel 335 Series Jay Crest 240GB
    3 x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
    XFX Core Edition FX-785A-CNL4 Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • Options
    g4rfunkleg4rfunkle Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I went to frozen heart today and experienced this ridiculous phenomenon.

I have near top of the line equipment but my computer dropped to 1.6 frames per second 3-5 times throughout frozen heart. 2 times during the first boss, and most of the second boss. Also in the second/third pull of the dungeon.

no reason for this to happen.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Check your graphics: max physics debris which is at 300, lower it to 0 and then you should be ok.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    cerrillacerrilla Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    me too - through the entire evening cant move. experiencing bizarre loops of lagging rubberbanding , eventually got frustrated and bought a 4000 AD PE teleport just to get out of there. Additionally, Some areas of the town were lagging like post cards - slide shows. I may never know if i can kill a yeti or any other thing in there.
    It seems that the game likes to put us on the most populated server instance by default. Is it possible to limit this so that fewer are on the same number or maybe I am hallucinating about the whole issue? I know my sister and I were trying to duo the area and we could not even get on the same instance number for more than two minutes for over four hours. I really cannot see why this part of the game is so incredibly bad about this.
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well for what its worth, I unlocked dwarven valley. When i zoned it the lag was there but it wasnt too bad. Then an epic spawned, and well it started lagging again.

So yes at this point pretty sure its the heroic encounters causing the lag.

Edit :

This is really a shame because when everything works and is reasonably non laggy its great. But at this point, its more frustrating than fun. Oh well Wildstar comes out in a week and a bit anyway, if its not fixed by then ill just play that instead i think. Because this is frankly bull**** and shouldn't have gone live as it is.

But we all know that making money is much more important than releasing stable products for PW right?
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's laggy in domination too. Much more than in the past. Almost unplayable, since it prevents me from timing my moves. Lots of lag and rubberbanding. I slowly dropped the game, only doing the PvP for my dailies, then don't touch it. Just cause it's not funny. It's a lagfest where fighting a TR or HR, or even another GWF, becomes frustrating cause of lag preventing me to time my powers.

Really hope they fix it.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For the past four nights, the rubberbanding in the Witch Fen has been awful. No party, just me soloing it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    autylautyl Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello, most of the times i suffer with lag also when it is DD time. But yesterday when they did and GG and DD at the same time it was terrible. I suggest for instance to do a foundry at the same time with DD and the profession with GG. So people can move normal and don't have to push there skill button like 5 times to use the spell and die because of the delay.:(

have a nice day,
    Stray ^^
  • Options
    fizco38fizco38 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Slightly confused is the constant lag / rubber banding not an issue, according to the list PW doesn't see it as a problem
  • Options
    unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    My goodness, out of the sudden I couldn't move and had like a 30+ second delay on everything. I first though it was my connection but could switch to a toon in PE and move around normally. Took five minutes to buy a Teleport Scroll and zone out.

This only occurs in the Icewind Pass area, Caer Konig is fine.

According to the zone chat, others experiencing the same problem.

I've found that it seems to only effect certain instances, I started keeping track of which number instance would give me the really bad rubber banding problem, and Ice Wind Pass #30 was the culprit for me. I've not had any other problems with the other instances yet, but any time I landed in IWP #30 I'd start bouncing all over the place.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    Icewind pass has 2-6 sec delay and massive rubberbanding, with the inability to change instances the new content is unplayable if you get in the instance with everyone. I cannot even try to do dailys there today. Just spent an hour trying to get to and target Remorhaz.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    And ive tried to exit and re enter instance 15x to get an un laggy one with no luck.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's a mess for some. Because of the lack of an official statement, we can only hope for Thursday. On the bright side: The lag is only affecting IP and DV, so you are at least able to do everything else normally.

Currently I only try to get the daily for Reputation in and then run the hell out of Icewind Dale.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok, so now this is a big catch-all for all things lag?

I started the topic on a very specific and characteristic issue that occurs in only Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valley. The title is completely misleading now. I assume you had honest intentions, but hijacking this isn't helping...

If you experience lag outside Icewind Pass or Dwarven Valley, please start a separate thread!

To sum up the important parts:
    My goodness, out of the sudden I couldn't move and had like a 30+ second delay on everything. I first though it was my connection but could switch to a toon in PE and move around normally. Took five minutes to buy a Teleport Scroll and zone out.

This only occurs in the Icewind Pass area, Caer Konig is fine.

According to the zone chat, others experiencing the same problem.
    Thx guys, but we're definitely not talking about a hardware issue in this very specific case. Again: The lag issues only occur in Icewind Pass and there are no problems in other zones. Plus, you always get disconnected when you try to leave IP while having these issues.

Related: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?668301-Lag-So-Bad-I-Cannot-Leave-IWD
    I've found that it seems to only effect certain instances, I started keeping track of which number instance would give me the really bad rubber banding problem, and Ice Wind Pass #30 was the culprit for me. I've not had any other problems with the other instances yet, but any time I landed in IWP #30 I'd start bouncing all over the place.
    supersaupe wrote: »
    I can confirm it is due to player load in the instance. I was running fine with 8 or 9 players in my instance, not a single spec of lag. Ramorhez pops up, within 2 minutes there were 40+ people in the instance and i couldn't even move.

They all start to leave after the encounter is done and i go back to normal.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Yes, these performance issues seem to be related in these specific areas: IWD, Delves, GG, and Protector's Enclave. Despite no official response from the Devs here in the thread, rest assured they are aware and are working out what the problem is. In fact, they just got another report sent in from the Community Team on this.

(This was supposed to be in bug reports, moving back, it accidentally got moved to general in a thread merge)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thx for the update, good to know they are aware.
  • Options
    tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Any other map I get good ping like 200(yeah, that's good for me, but it still feels like alot more).

But when I get in the map above the new town it start lagging like hell... like 700+ ping with a number higher than 100 million on unpacked.

Does anybody know if there is any way to fix it?
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The lag is currently outrageous. They must have invested in a rubber band company or something.
  • Options
    cerrillacerrilla Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know i seem to be complaining about a lot of faults, and it makes me miserable to have nothing nice to say
    HOWEVER... last night i spent four hours in the IWD area not moving. The miserable thing was stuck in a ten foot loop so i
    would take two steps, lag back, take two steps, lag back. Then server not responding 75 seconds or so. Back to the loop, hard crash to desktop, log back in. Wash rinse repeat. It was utterly insane. Eventually, I blew the 4K AD on a PE teleport because it was all i could thing of to get off that map.

The bright side was that while all of this was happening, many in zone chat were trying to be helpful. Lots of folks were quite upbeat about the issue. Only a couple got screaming meanie mad about it.

This morning was much better, still some lagging but nothing like it was last night.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, I just use the time while my CW jumps around like an uncontrollable madman (he is uncontrollable) to post here. Seriously, fix mod 3 before you put your resources in another mod.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    komodoonekomodoone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2014
    It is not just normal slowness when there are alot of adds on the screen. I can not even play, by the time i get an encounter to fire off, the adds have either knocked me back or moved out of the way. Is there any settings I should try?
  • Options
    peterkunztlerpeterkunztler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014

That makes sense why on occassion I get horrible lag
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    komodoone wrote: »
    It is not just normal slowness when there are alot of adds on the screen. I can not even play, by the time i get an encounter to fire off, the adds have either knocked me back or moved out of the way. Is there any settings I should try?

There is nothing you can do actually as the problem is on their side. Best recommendation is to avoid large encounters and/or big groups of players or even avoid instances with large encounters and/or big groups of players.

Over the day, I give it a try here and there and normally I'm lucky enough to get the daily for Reputation in on my chars so I won't loose too much progress until they fix this. I even somehow managed to get the CW Orb from Beholder. Otherwise I can just sit back and wait, not much M3 content for me these days.
  • Options
    dfstyledfstyle Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    is impossible to play in the new module for the lag, when raids is worse that is often lost sight of the areas and bosses, is quite a lag loop where you can not even change the character or out to game.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    just fought beholder where he kept disappearing, but continued to use "invisible" attacks

i rather every other player on the map become invisible than a dangerous boss >.>
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I did Biggrin and lag was fine. However back in Icewind Pass it's just ridiculous. Already got killed once due to it. More than likely I'm done playing for the night as I don't need the frustration.
This discussion has been closed.