test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lag and Rubberbanding in IWD, Delves, GG and PE

loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
My goodness, out of the sudden I couldn't move and had like a 30+ second delay on everything. I first though it was my connection but could switch to a toon in PE and move around normally. Took five minutes to buy a Teleport Scroll and zone out.

This only occurs in the Icewind Pass area, Caer Konig is fine.

According to the zone chat, others experiencing the same problem.
Post edited by loboguild on

Comments

• ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Had very random spikes of this, then boom, kicked off and gateway timed out, still can't get back in, on any character. Server down? Just restarting client to double check
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No, I'm online. It's just that I can't enter Icewind Pass.
    edited May 2014
    Related issue: I always get disconnected when I travel from Icewind Pass to Caer Konig.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi,

If you are lagging with a huge bunch of mobs, this is the solution:

Go to options/Graphics then look for Max Physics Debrys Objects which would be in 300, move the slider to 0 and it will solve this problem, I was unable to play properly until I did this even though I'm always playing NWO in max settings, it was weird that I started to lag then I knew there was something wrong in the graphics configuration.

I don't know if someone else figured it out before me and posted it in the forum but it's better to be sure about it.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, after the new update, i started having huge, huge lag issues. To be honest, i started lagging a lot after the server maintenance 1 week ago. But after ID release, when i went to icewind pass, i found it difficult to even move. I mean, pressing buttons, and nothing happens. Then the toon moves, then is rubberbanded back. Then stops again. Then some seconds later, the toon starts moving,

In domination or other zones, it's really laggy but i've not this issue.

Anyone else is experiencing the same issue, or is it just me? Just to know if it's my pc or the game...
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    So, after the new update, i started having huge, huge lag issues. To be honest, i started lagging a lot after the server maintenance 1 week ago. But after ID release, when i went to icewind pass, i found it difficult to even move. I mean, pressing buttons, and nothing happens. Then the toon moves, then is rubberbanded back. Then stops again. Then some seconds later, the toon starts moving,

In domination or other zones, it's really laggy but i've not this issue.

Anyone else is experiencing the same issue, or is it just me? Just to know if it's my pc or the game...

Game. It was totalyl fine for me yday but today, not so much same issues as you. Did a ping tests etc to CA and that was 196 from australia which is average. So yeah :)

Also no lag in any other zones either.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • ratbugasmattiratbugasmatti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    this game is always on maintenance. but the lag issues are not solve. i always rubberbanding in dungeons, pvp, etc...
  • ghostdog0001ghostdog0001 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    had similar problem last nvidia beta driver fixed it for me
  • dllindsey12dllindsey12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i did cloak tower on my TR yesterday twice. in the middle section where all the rocks and greenery are....everyone in my party starts having huge delaying lag spikes. and want to know the funny part? after we leave that area the lag mysteriously disappears as if it never even happened.
  • pife2pife2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi,

If you are lagging with a huge bunch of mobs, this is the solution:

Go to options/Graphics then look for Max Physics Debrys Objects which would be in 300, move the slider to 0 and it will solve this problem, I was unable to play properly until I did this even though I'm always playing NWO in max settings, it was weird that I started to lag then I knew there was something wrong in the graphics configuration.

I don't know if someone else figured it out before me and posted it in the forum but it's better to be sure about it.

Yeah, it's work I have two pc a with a Nvidia G- force 210 and other with ATI 5450, with the ATI I had a lot of lag but thanks to lazaro it's solved
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    turn off high detail objects.
    turn off bloom
    turn off reflections
    turn off shadows
    turn off post processing
    lower max debris to 0
    lower lights per object to minimum
    turn fx visual to medium
    and change all distance view settings to high or lower

I did all of these and got my responsiveness back and could actually play a match of gg without being lagtastic.

Also it is a good idea to always update your video drivers to the latest stable version when this stuff occurs after you have lowered the settings and are still getting lag.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
    edited May 2014
    Thx guys, but we're definitely not talking about a hardware issue in this very specific case. Again: The lag issues only occur in Icewind Pass and there are no problems in other zones. Plus, you always get disconnected when you try to leave IP while having these issues.

Related: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?668301-Lag-So-Bad-I-Cannot-Leave-IWD
  • elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    GFX: XFX ATI 5850 (stable oc core 850mhz)
    Connection: Iprimus ADSL2 8Mb/s down, 1Mb/s up

Icewind pass disconnects - seems to disconnect, whenever it feels like it today, the cryptic nettest is obviously not good, but then that is not a great indicator (it doesn't really provide any useful information on what the actual problem is).

220-250ms is normal ping for most Aussies in online games, yes it <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but that not the problem, the server is obviously overloaded with the new update and I'm finding that it just cannot cope for end-users on the lower end of the bandwidth spectrum, we just get booted randomly.

anyway heres is the junk, that last line has been sitting there for ... at minimum 10 minutes, yeep, got some problems.
    ^ EDIT: the test never completed in the time it took to write all this, do tracert test and cook dinner (last one is joke but test never completed on last line, just sat there).

contacting nettest server..
    Local IP: *snip*
    Ping: 250.1 msec
    Port: 80: 57 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 63 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 57 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 62 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 49 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 55 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 74 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 78 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 67 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 73 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 52 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 59 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 47 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 52 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003:

Tracert:
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 64 ms 29 ms 99 ms dsldevice.lan [192.168.1.254]
    2 28 ms 26 ms 27 ms lo0.melbras18.mel.iprimus.net.au [202.138.4.81]

3 27 ms 62 ms 28 ms xe-0-3-0-431.per02.melbpri.m2core.net.au [203.13
    4.26.177]
    4 28 ms 48 ms 26 ms irb-22.csr01.mel.iprimus.net.au [203.134.123.50]

5 38 ms 69 ms 37 ms xe-2-2-0.csr02.equ.iprimus.net.au [203.134.2.241
    ]
    6 40 ms 40 ms 39 ms xe-1-0-0.bsr01.equ.iprimus.net.au [203.134.2.254
    ]
    7 176 ms 181 ms 225 ms xe-0-3-0.bsr01.sjc.iprimus.net.au [203.134.2.138
    ]
    8 177 ms 176 ms 184 ms xe-5-3-0.sjc12.ip4.tinet.net [173.241.128.13]
    9 177 ms 177 ms 179 ms xe-5-0-0.sjc10.ip4.tinet.net [89.149.187.73]
    10 179 ms 176 ms 176 ms te0-4-0-9.ccr21.sjc03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .10.213]
    11 179 ms 175 ms 175 ms be2000.ccr21.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.
    105]
    12 178 ms 177 ms 179 ms be2164.ccr21.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.28
    .33]
    13 225 ms 226 ms 225 ms be2132.ccr21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30
    .54]
    14 253 ms 258 ms 252 ms be2156.ccr41.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.
    86]
    15 255 ms 257 ms 255 ms be2137.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43
    .194]
    16 263 ms 255 ms 255 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.
    134]
    17 265 ms 261 ms 254 ms 38.111.40.114
    18 254 ms 256 ms 254 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

...and there you have it, random disconnects, please do something (and while you're at fix cw shard-you have basically made it useless, push nothing, push again - sometimes)
  • atarcanatarcan Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2014
    I'm in IWD right now cant even move a step, let alone get out of the map... Literallt stuck in the map and whatsmore, stuck and killme commands do not work... Disabled or lowered every single graphic option I could find but no... I'm sure it's not hardware issue. ı dont have any lag in areas other than IWD Pass.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    atarcan wrote: »
    I'm in IWD right now cant even move a step, let alone get out of the map... Literallt stuck in the map and whatsmore, stuck and killme commands do not work... Disabled or lowered every single graphic option I could find but no... I'm sure it's not hardware issue. ı dont have any lag in areas other than IWD Pass.

Same. I'm constantly stuck in IWD pass. All other parts of game are fine. Soooo frustrating not to be able to do my dailies! Fix this Cryptic!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited May 2014
    Some suggested that map population plays into this. I'm gonna try to switch in Caer to an instance with few players and see whether that helps. Will give feedback within the next hours.
    edited May 2014
    Dwarven Valley is infected as well.

While fighting the Beholder I literally had a one minute delay. After the fight was over, my CW kept throwing Shards onto the dead Beholder body. Hilarious.

Counting on Thursdays maintenance, because this is a joke.
  • junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm really afraid that some players may have got their hands on some kind of packet flooder, because when I have this kind of lag it's usually in IWD and the packet received counter from netgraph goes crazy.
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yesterday something strange happened. I came across a Rider just next to PvP zone border and started tossing encounters at him to fill up my AP. The Rider did not move, his HP bar was down, my CW was tossing missiles like crazy, then for the first time in my module 3 history I got "server not responding" info. (And I play in Safe Mode at the lowest graphic setting possible). When it started responding, Rider was still there with 0 HP, I could still hit him, move around, saw other player moving around, but this 0 HP Rider made me suspicious so I decided to re-launch the game. But the launcher stopped at "Connecting..." and it would stay like that forever no matter how many times I re-opened it. PC re-boot helped but my launcher had never ever acted this awkward way.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    relativity wrote: »
    Yesterday something strange happened. I came across a Rider just next to PvP zone border and started tossing encounters at him to fill up my AP. The Rider did not move, his HP bar was down, my CW was tossing missiles like crazy, then for the first time in my module 3 history I got "server not responding" info. (And I play in Safe Mode at the lowest graphic setting possible). When it started responding, Rider was still there with 0 HP, I could still hit him, move around, saw other player moving around, but this 0 HP Rider made me suspicious so I decided to re-launch the game. But the launcher stopped at "Connecting..." and it would stay like that forever no matter how many times I re-opened it. PC re-boot helped but my launcher had never ever acted this awkward way.

Yep, you can ahve graphics turned all the down, on a PC that can handle ANY other zone in game on max settings with no lag, zone into icewind and bam, 1min plus lag, random dcs etc.

My personal theory is it something to do w heroic encouters - like the server is trying to send way too much info, maybe a bug in netcode, which wouldn't surprise me lol. As you said the received is WAY more than sent. I was sitting at the gate - and i had about 6mill received to only 600k sent. So ya something is definately very wrong in IWD and its not the black ice :D

For the record -by7w.png

And they really need to increase the upload size limit on text files - I had to chop bits out of my DxDiag to make it small enough to fit LOL
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • piklenpiklen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Some people here are confusing network lag with graphics lag. OP here is talking about network lag. Changing graphics settings won't work here.
  • larsalexander123larsalexander123 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I haven't experience any lag before mod 3. After the release of mod 3, I've been experiencing superior lag on any place I go. Even I'm only on myself, doing foundries, still lagging like hell. This lag is bothering me since I can't play properly and I taking too long to finish quests and Foundries. I did a Foundry once, it took me 1 hour, but the average time you should finish it is 20 mins, thanks to that superior lag.

My graphics and anything necessary for the effects are minimum, but still the superior lag is there. Help me please. I've been stuck at leveling because of this superior lag.
  • raysonlwsraysonlws Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I haven't experience any lag before mod 3. After the release of mod 3, I've been experiencing superior lag on any place I go. Even I'm only on myself, doing foundries, still lagging like hell. This lag is bothering me since I can't play properly and I taking too long to finish quests and Foundries. I did a Foundry once, it took me 1 hour, but the average time you should finish it is 20 mins, thanks to that superior lag.

My graphics and anything necessary for the effects are minimum, but still the superior lag is there. Help me please. I've been stuck at leveling because of this superior lag.

I feel the lagging getting worse and worse, especially in icewind dale area :mad:
    edited May 2014
    raysonlws wrote: »
    I feel the lagging getting worse and worse, especially in icewind dale area :mad:

Yea. IWD is the most laggy place I always deal with. :v
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yea. IWD is the most laggy place I always deal with. :v

IWD is the ONLY laggy place I have experienced. Changing instances makes it slightly better, and the one time I had next to no lag, I had gone back to Protector's Enclave, changed instances to the least populated, then went back to Icewind Dale and it was much more tolerable, but more often than not, it's a lag-fest.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    IWD does have some weird lag- in the zone itself, not in places like Biggrins. Often, my GF can bull charge a player or mob, and it's a second or so before it flies off. It can make following up a little tricky.
    edited May 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    IWD is the ONLY laggy place I have experienced. Changing instances makes it slightly better, and the one time I had next to no lag, I had gone back to Protector's Enclave, changed instances to the least populated, then went back to Icewind Dale and it was much more tolerable, but more often than not, it's a lag-fest.

Lucky you, IWD is just the laggy place for you. My problem is, even I transfer instance, I still lag like hell!
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Immediate, noticeable lag increase after update.

Turned off on-demand update and turned down a few graphics settings.

Too bad because the game looks great in full-tilt highest graphics settings and less great for me now.
  • rr87118rr87118 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2014
    **** LAG also in GG PVP !!!!! please fix it immediately.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I only get lag in the ICD area too, it's awful for battles, I'm a TR and half a second of lag makes a world of difference when battling some of the tougher mobs in the area.
    I hope the devs can fix it soon.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.