What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Character Creation Setup

12346»

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I don't doubt the new styles will get to the live server, but maybe not just now, maybe a while after mod 3 hits. At least I hope so, unless they can fix all these bugs in 3 days

From today's patch , so if they are putting some changes onto live I'm guessing the entire new character creation system will go live Tuesday.Panderus also said this is the patch that will probably be going live so unless they have not listed the fixes to character creation then the system is going to look like amateur hour .
    panderus wrote: »
    Drow have received updates to their character creation presets and options.
    Made Halfling faces a little narrower and their eyes slightly larger.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    female elves are looking MUCH better now! at least they toned down the huge eyes, I've actually managed to make a nice non barbie face :)
    I'm glad the devs are listening!
    EDIT: Also I like half elves MUCH better now, I wish I had rolled a half elf instead of an elf now... I want my stubble too!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I like most of the new options but the human eyes seem too glassy and many of the blue colors dont actually look blue. But I would love to see more of the long straight hairstyles I still prefer the long middle parted one but if you could make a longer straight style that would be great :)
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    well.. I had a look again and I'm still seeing a LOT of issues that make it feel unfinished.

Major Issues
    - male Half elves and elves ears aren't attached to their heads.
    - many old hairstyle and facial hair styles float around the head not touching it.

Minor Issues
    - Faces are too glossy. (If you look at the neck you can actually see the line where glossy face texture ends and normal body texture starts)
    - New hairs are too glossy and can't be made to look black or white.
    - Halforcs tusks are static. If you change mouth height the lips move but tusks don't.
    - Tieflings lost their claws
    - Nail sliders for women have vanished

Trivial issues
    - Tieflings still have no facial hair *cries*
    - Dwarf women have very small noses for dwarves
    - Halforc women look like super models. I don't think there's any orc blood in their veins.

If I missed anything, feel free to add it. But overall these things just make it feel unfinished. especially the major issues.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1.Yeah, half-orc females look awful. But not as bad as male drow, who are kinda emasculated and all have the same "sad imbecile" face expression.

2.I'd say the face texture is the major issue. And we have only 3 complexion variants! Try as I might, I can't call it a progress.

3.At least 1 old hairstyle is missing on a female tiefling, that happen to be my fav one, tyvm cryptic :/

4. I really don't like how everyone look like children (ok, maybe like teens) now.

5. What ruins the game for me are not the bugs (they are going to be fixed sooner or later I belive), but the new style in general. You know, like appealing to the young playerbase who watched too many anime. Not that I have something against anime, but do we really need to have everything everywhere looking like that?
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Looks fine to me...

Ya sure looks super orcish - noooooooot! Its a half Orc not a 1/100 orc. Right now its just the theeth and mayb the ears that makes it a half orc.
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nurmood wrote: »
    Ya sure looks super orcish - noooooooot! Its a half Orc not a 1/100 orc. Right now its just the theeth and mayb the ears that makes it a half orc.

I'm not seeing a big difference really.

jxG0kY7.png
  • shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah halforc women just look wrong. Except for the tusks, which are tiny and barely noticeable, they have no orcish features.

Here's a good example of a pretty halforc lady.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjRSWXM3eosLoHkd8IUqmL-LCOMasbnk8NR28tHfgYT_hpRF7z

She's overall still an attractive woman, but she has a heavy brow, wrinkled orcish nose and a wide mouth to fit her tusks.

The halorc women we have have flawless human proportions, cute little mouths and cute little noses that are not snout-like atall.

I'm not saying hall halforc women should be ugly, but halforcs as a race should look more brutish and orc like than what we have.
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can we get proper female dwarves?
    Like ... with beard and such!

I am really missing this, could not face the thought of my female dwarf having no beard, so I had to make a male dwarf!
    edited May 2014
    I agree that female half orcs are a bit on the pretty side to be half orc, but I guess that's typical to most MMO's, the males of most races can be very different, ranging from beautiful to brute, but for females most options are pretty, very pretty, gorgeous or sexy.
    I love half elves now though, I'll probably reroll my wood elf as a half elf now that they don't look like angry monkeys anymore. I want my stubble!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shrewguy wrote: »
    Yeah halforc women just look wrong. Except for the tusks, which are tiny and barely noticeable, they have no orcish features.

Here's a good example of a pretty halforc lady.

-snip-

She's overall still an attractive woman, but she has a heavy brow, wrinkled orcish nose and a wide mouth to fit her tusks.

The halorc women we have have flawless human proportions, cute little mouths and cute little noses that are not snout-like atall.

I'm not saying hall halforc women should be ugly, but halforcs as a race should look more brutish and orc like than what we have.

I will admit that we'd be better off if female orcs looked like the picture you've provided. Clearly not human, but still attractive.

I am really missing this, could not face the thought of my female dwarf having no beard, so I had to make a male dwarf!

I hope you are joking...
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hope you are joking...
    Being entirely fair, forgotten realms lore specifies that about 25% of dwarven women have beards, though they tend to be lighter and softer than male beards. Given the setting, it's a reasonable request, but given it's a video-game, we're very unlikely to see anything come of it.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seventeen pages, almost no improvements, zero dev response, and going live tomorrow. I really feel like Cryptic is listening to us and cares.

...Not.

At least female wood elves no longer have hideously huge eyes, but that's small, small comfort, and basically nothing else has been addressed at all. The ears not touching on half-elf and drow males for example...
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
    edited May 2014
    no improvements? have you really not checked the character creation in the preview server??
    some males have more chin, half elves have stubble options, thieflings were pretty much fixed, female elves don't look like bratz dolls anymore, many things HAVE been fixed.
    I hope they fix the floating ears issue on half elves now.
    I, for one, prefer the new characters much more now.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited May 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    (...)
    I, for one, prefer the new characters much more now.

Few things are fixed, but the main problems (at least those are main for me) remain. Like, skin texture, hair texture, overall anime-like look of almost everything, basicaly every face look the same (and too young, really) male drow are still yuck, female half-orcs lost their orcishness, not to mention the halfling body thing.... If you'd ask me, the whole new creator is a fail that is not even epic.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why do the new female elf/drow heads have a disturbing eyebrow twitch!? They have to fix that......

They're trying to blink, but instead the entire eyebrow moves instead of the eyelid and THAT only closes halfway. They allowed this to go through!? Beyond shameful.

And remove that smile....
  • alex00silfoalex00silfo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hope the staff put an option for you to chance your character based on what you have in your hands now. The only thing I wanna do is to change the hair, and with that creator i must do another character that's not even close to someone who I played in like... 9 months? I'll pass this...
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Female dwarves in forgotten realms don't have beards. You are thinking of Middle earth (lord of the rings)
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    Female dwarves in forgotten realms don't have beards. You are thinking of Middle earth (lord of the rings)
    Female dwarves in NWO don't have beards... however, the FR lore does indicate that female dwarves are capable of growing beards, its just that many shave them off.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • asherjwildstarasherjwildstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've seen the options to change the appearance of characters, and it is true that now there are plus details, but the new models are terrible, shiny skins as if they were made ​​of plastic, children's faces on the bodies of adults in style J-RPG. Elves and Drow now seem to be the Master Spliter of Ninja Turtles. Besides, if one changes the face is impossible to go back to the old model and also those who create now a character device from scratch can only use the new models. The new hairstyles are rather good, but had to be given possibility of being able to use the old model, perhaps adding the graphic detail of the new models
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dont be surprised to see a "Change your Face back to pre Mod3 Token" appear in the Zen Store...

You know i'm right ;)

Cash Cow Alert !!!
    edited May 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Dont be surprised to see a "Change your Face back to pre Mod3 Token" appear in the Zen Store...

You know i'm right ;)

Cash Cow Alert !!!

Lol it still would be better than nothing!
  • magusofstormmagusofstorm Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would just like to start out by making this perfectly clear. I have never, at any point in my life, considered rage quitting from an MMO for any change it's made. That just isn't the type of person I am. I take changes in stride, I accept them, and I move on. Rarely do I find that they bother me that much. This isn't to say that I've never left an MMO out of eventual boredom, just that I never had something upset me to the point that I'd consider leaving for that reason. I say this so that it puts what I'm about to say in context:

If I had to pay a subscription for this game I would be cancelling it this very moment.

It's not that I utterly hate the new models. I think there are problems with some of them, yes. However I could actually foresee using some of these new options. The fact that one doesn't have the option to use the old models if one attempts to change appearance or make a new character, though? That is completely unacceptable.

Further more, there are problems with the new models. As many have pointed out the Halfling models look deformed and unhealthy. One of the things I actually liked about neverwinter was that, for once, I could make a small character that had fairly normal proportions. Personally it saddens me to see them abandon that and instead adopt the new proportions.

In addition while some of the new elven faces are pretty, as many have pointed out they have very 'Barbie doll' features to them. This in and of itself isn't bad. Having the option to have that look as a choice is fine. However, when that's all any new elven females can look like, that's not only unfortunate for those of us who don't want that look, but it sends a lot of the same unfortunate messages that barbie dolls themselves get criticized for. I'd like to think I shouldn't have to explain that having more variety in appearances is a good thing, and that women shouldn't all be forced to look like Barbie. I'd like to think you're better than this, Neverwinter. Please don't prove me wrong.

In conclusion, I find the decision to implement these changes, without the option to use the old models for new characters, to be unconscionable. As such, I feel that I cannot support this sort of behavior. I hope that Cryptic, Perfect World, or whoever else may be in a position to fix this, understands the following: I am voting with my dollar, and I have absolutely no intention of putting money into this game until this issue is fixed.
  • lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    In conclusion, I find the decision to implement these changes, without the option to use the old models for new characters, to be unconscionable. As such, I feel that I cannot support this sort of behavior. I hope that Cryptic, Perfect World, or whoever else may be in a position to fix this, understands the following: I am voting with my dollar, and I have absolutely no intention of putting money into this game until this issue is fixed.

Okay, the 'Barbie Thing' was an unfortunate choice, but what you did to the Halflings was just... I mean, the Potato-Head Clan, sorry. What you did to the new Potato-Head Clan was just amazingly-ugly and awkward. Not even leaving the option for old models was truly a poor choice (in my opinion). I just went to update my eyebrows which were simply a slightly-off color...I have this narrow-faced Barbie in place of my half-elf female. There's no way I'll update her look. It's just creepy, AND it's an odd perspective ratio, also!

The 'Fey Thistle Bugged Since Day One' thing was an annoyance, but this is just...I mean, did people actually look at the end results and say, "Oh, yeah, that looks right/decent/pretty!"? But the Halfli...err, Potato-Head Clan..? I'm sorry; I'm voting with my money as well. I expect to be playing less also. I'll hope something is done to correct this, but my faith is at an all-time low in that department.

Edit to mention: I *do* like the new hairstyles, and some of the new facial features are quite nice! I'm not bitter as a person or anything, and I like my characters...I simply can't edit any of them so far and end up with anything past 'passably-recognizable as my character' as a result *at best*.

-liz
  • venenarevenenare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My tiefling misses her claws.

Actually, she'd be happy with any kind of fingernails.