test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[April Fools!] Neverwinter Introduces a New Playable Race: Dragons

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited May 2014 in News & Announcements
Update: We hope you weren't "fooled" by this trailer and had fun watching a dragon riding a horse... Happy April Fools :)

Hey Adventurers,

We've tried to keep it secret for so long, but we're finally ready to announce Dragons as the next playable race. After all, what's better than dungeon delving as a dragon? Right?

Check out our exclusive reveal trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eCf2y0_Gnk

Will you play as a Dragon? Leave a comment below.

Cheers,
Pin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Funniest part of that video to me is I can see ALL YOU DEVS ARE JUST KIDS! LOL

~Walks away slowly, shaking head thinking "I'm really too old for this bunch"~
  • Options
    vupion522vupion522 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Great April Fools joke guys. Except now I really want to play as a dragon. Thanks for the build up lol.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey Adventurers,

We've tried to keep it secret for so long, but we're finally ready to announce Dragons as the next playable race. After all, what's better than dungeon delving as a dragon? Right?

Check out our exclusive reveal trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eCf2y0_Gnk

Will you play as a Dragon? Leave a comment below.

Cheers,
    Pin

Should have taken the time you put into that april fools joke and instead produced a new pvp domination map.....
  • Options
    manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wonder, how many players will delete a character to try to roll a dragon rofl...
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maaaan, that was amazing. Thank you for the laugh!
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    foxrun1foxrun1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not realizing anything but looking on my log in side bar, and seeing "New Playable Race Dragons starting April first" I logged in quickly to create one thinking sure why not that sounds fun...Little did I know when I DELETED a character to create this "new" race that this was all just an elaborate joke... Not very funny... And yes that's kinda what I get for not paying attention but I don't usually assume that a game will waste time on making people think there might be a new playable race, even if you know it sounds too good to be true.
  • Options
    zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Should have taken the time you put into that april fools joke and instead produced a new pvp domination map.....

Someone really needs to go and roll up a dragon character...
  • Options
    vupion522vupion522 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Or worse, buy extra character slots. lol but then again maybe thats what they were hoping for.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can I play as a dracolich? please say yes... :D

Nice video. Gotta love the dragon riding a horse.
  • Options
    darkwolf1278darkwolf1278 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    foxrun1 wrote: »
    Not realizing anything but looking on my log in side bar, and seeing "New Playable Race Dragons starting April first" I logged in quickly to create one thinking sure why not that sounds fun...Little did I know when I DELETED a character to create this "new" race that this was all just an elaborate joke... Not very funny... And yes that's kinda what I get for not paying attention but I don't usually assume that a game will waste time on making people think there might be a new playable race, even if you know it sounds too good to be true.

That is not a funny joke to do to us, if they keep doing stuff like that some players may say hell with them and leave the game...it is not good to tell the players something like that and not do it....that is bad business..
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dragonborn and Warlocks in Module 3! :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    thelongestshotthelongestshot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »

That's not how you spell "Druid"...
  • Options
    drhunter123drhunter123 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014

That's not how you spell "Paladin"!
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    foxrun1 wrote: »
    ...Little did I know when I DELETED a character ...

Contact Customer Support. They should be able to bring back your deleted character for you.
  • Options
    bishopofbishopsbishopofbishops Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just spent 5$ in zen for content not rendered. If i cant get my money back me and at least 10 other ppl in my guild are going to file a complaint with the BBB....thats bad bussiness.... had friends that deleated there Good toons 7 profession slots to roll a dragon........this is a huge loss and not a funny joke. I will remove this post after matter is solved.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

The dragonborn race was in the game files during closed beta. Like the warlock. So, that's the expected next race and class.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I just spent 5$ in zen for content not rendered. If i cant get my money back me and at least 10 other ppl in my guild are going to file a complaint with the BBB....thats bad bussiness.... had friends that deleated there Good toons 7 profession slots to roll a dragon........this is a huge loss and not a funny joke.

Hello, I'm the prince of Nigeria, if you send me $100.000, I will be able to claim the millions of dollars my father had when he died. Please help me, I will be very grateful and share half of the gains with you...

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    spike0337spike0337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes April fools.But Council of Wyrms did let you make and roll dragons.So it could happen.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    +1

as in... april 1. ;)
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm the prince of Nigeria, if you send me $100.000, I will be able to claim the millions of dollars my father had when he died. Please help me, I will be very grateful and share half of the gains with you...

:rolleyes:

well played, sir. well played.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Awesome!

Loved the dragon riding a horse. Nice work, guys.

And to anyone who deleted a character because of this...that's on you. It was obviously a joke from the get-go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LOL! Great joke guys! I was wondering if you would make an effort. So many people cannot take a joke. I admit I was excited yet sceptical at first when I read the headline and had to watch the trailer. I knew it was a joke then... A dragon riding a horse? C'mon :D
    For those of you that deleted a character to get the dragon, you should have inquired to others about it or at least waited to see dragon players in the game. Do not get angry at someone because you fell for a joke on the day of jokes (April Fools).
  • Options
    trichomonasetrichomonase Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I did... Just lost a lvl 38 character... :(
  • Options
    ladyllothladylloth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was so excited for dragons.... and then all my hopes and dreams were crushed :(
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So if someone bought some zen, transfer it to Neverwinter and bought a character slot in the hope that this is true, do they get a refund?

April fools should not lure ppl into making irreparable errors.
  • Options
    mythauramythaura Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Would've come back to the game and actually stayed if this weren't a joke ._.
  • Options
    leonaargentialeonaargentia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice joke with the Respen's Game. However not so funny with the dragon race thing, fortunately I read through the news but it's still not very nice to get peoples hopes up.

Especially since some of us would very much like to play as a dragon.
    Duco ergo periculosus
    (I draw, therefore I am dangerous)
  • Options
    jeburgosjeburgos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Let me know and I'll join the complain! This is preposterous!
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »

I'm hoping they "accidently" forget the born part. After watching that trailer I really want to play a dragon.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    unclebuckusunclebuckus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I deleted a character to try to roll a dragon. SMH now what about my lost character?
This discussion has been closed.