• Options
    frostweaver101frostweaver101 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That was cruel i was so looking forward to Dragons
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That was cruel i was so looking forward to Dragons

That's the fine line with April Fool's Day jokes. They tend to be of the "potential gotcha" sort which is funny when people get it, aggrivating when they don't.
  • Options
    rahverynrahveryn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, it is an April Fool's Joke, but I've been waiting for a game that made a real attempt to let you play a Dragon for years, (ever since Istaria, which predates WoW), and if they did this seriously I'd pay monthly for it. I'd be in Neverwinter for all my gaming time. A real MMO, that let you play a Dragon (with the option to shapeshift to an acceptable size to interact and run dungeons alongside players in cramped dungeons, but be full sized flying sorcerous dragons outside) in a world sandbox... That would be my game untill the servers went down.
  • Options
    sniperlordsniperlord Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hm yes I really found that funny. Except for the hilarious part where I deleted my character to start as a dragon. Thank you Cryptic Studios for your magnificent joke.
  • Options
    taeriantaerian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Update: We hope you weren't "fooled" by this trailer and had fun watching a dragon riding a horse... Happy April Fools :)

Hey Adventurers,

We've tried to keep it secret for so long, but we're finally ready to announce Dragons as the next playable race. After all, what's better than dungeon delving as a dragon? Right?

Check out our exclusive reveal trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eCf2y0_Gnk

Will you play as a Dragon? Leave a comment below.

Cheers,
    Pin

Great joke lol, I only wish I had figured that out before I spent my last 500 zen to purchase two new character slots so I could generate a dragonling character, ya got me.
  • Options
    sweetpea304sweetpea304 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This joke IS NOT FUNNY AT ALL....Cant you just joke about something else?
    is this intended to mislead players to either delete their character or TO MAKE PLAYERS TO BUY ZEN AND THEN SPENT IN CHARACTER SLOT FOR NOTHING? I CANT BELIEVE A GAME WILL MAKE SUCH A JOKE LIKE THIS
    Update: We hope you weren't "fooled" by this trailer and had fun watching a dragon riding a horse... Happy April Fools :)

Hey Adventurers,

We've tried to keep it secret for so long, but we're finally ready to announce Dragons as the next playable race. After all, what's better than dungeon delving as a dragon? Right?

Check out our exclusive reveal trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eCf2y0_Gnk

Will you play as a Dragon? Leave a comment below.

Cheers,
    Pin
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    is this intended to mislead players to either delete their character or TO MAKE PLAYERS TO BUY ZEN AND THEN SPENT IN CHARACTER SLOT FOR NOTHING? I CANT BELIEVE A GAME WILL MAKE SUCH A JOKE LIKE THIS

Why so serious? Just saying.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2014

This isn't just a Crytpic only practice look at this link:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/02/10-best-video-game-april-fools-of-2014-from-blood-dragon-3-to-titanfall-prime-4685859/

This isn't all the gaming companies that do this on April fools day.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good thing I bought the Extra Character Slots when they were on sale a few weeks ago.......wouldn't want to look red faced for deleting a character I wasn't gonna play anyway. :o

Next Year.........Snipe Hunting!!!!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    chakittychakitty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't think the joke was funny in the slightest. I watched the video and thought they had the dragons able to ride horses and other mounts so that people wouldn't be able to complain about a new race that couldn't use mounts. I logged in for the sole purpose of making a dragon character, and was not amused when I discovered it was a prank. Cryptic lost a good bit of respect with this one, and it'll be a long while before I play again. If you're going to do something for April Fool's day, make it an in-game item that we can purchase cheap or for free to use on other players, like maybe a ball of fluff that we throw at other players to turn them into sheep for 15 seconds and only works in safe areas. Something that could cause people to delete characters or pay money because they think it's real is not right at all and could quite easily be seen as false advertisement and thus a lawsuit waiting to happen.
  • Options
    couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    See, my biggest problem with the whole "Dragon riding a Horse" thing, is that there was that dim part of my mind going "Did the Dragon romance the Horse first, or just slipped her a roofe?"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    manttazz wrote: »
    I wonder, how many players will delete a character to try to roll a dragon rofl...

I didn't delete a character to get a space for a dragonling, but I did spend the last 500 zen I'll have for a while to buy two new character slots all set to generate a dragonling character. Lol-ing out loud at myself, but I sure wish I'd thought that one through.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    foxrun1 wrote: »
    Not realizing anything but looking on my log in side bar, and seeing "New Playable Race Dragons starting April first" I logged in quickly to create one thinking sure why not that sounds fun...Little did I know when I DELETED a character to create this "new" race that this was all just an elaborate joke... Not very funny... And yes that's kinda what I get for not paying attention but I don't usually assume that a game will waste time on making people think there might be a new playable race, even if you know it sounds too good to be true.

I hear you on it not being funny. I didn't delete a character (although I thought about it for a sec), however I was naive enough to believe it was true, and wasted 500 zen on two new character slots to make room for a dragonling. I have to laugh at myself for jumping too quick, but I agree after thinking on it that the prank itself was not funny.
  • Options
    tovlamiatovlamia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    HUMOR is a matter of opinion. I think the real reason some of you are pissed off is that you are mad at yourself for falling for an April fool's joke. My husband and I didn't even have to watch the video to know it was a prank, because of the date, and the absurdity of the claim. The people that are crying and saying their whole guild is gonna report to the BBB and file a lawsuit, are funnier than the joke to me. They obviously don't know how the real world works. The BBB is paid for advertising (I know this because we own a business and they call to ask if we want to 'subscribe' so that they can recommend our business over others) and there is NO basis for a lawsuit here. I'm sure Cryptic will reimburse anyone who spent money for this, and can recover deleted toons. So stop getting your panties in a wad, take the joke at face value and whether you laugh or not, realize that the company took the time to try to make us laugh for a holiday. THANK YOU FOR THE LAUGHS, CRYPTIC!
  • Options
    trigger24trigger24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    that was not funny at all, honestly, they could have spent that time doing something productive instead of doing something so completely inane and childish
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    hahahaha awesomesauce!!!!!!
    IDK whats funnier, the video or the responses of the people who get fooled!
    come on guys.... if theyre actually releasing dragons, it would have been on preview first........
    ROFL!!!!
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hahahaha awesomesauce!!!!!!
    IDK whats funnier, the video or the responses of the people who get fooled!
    come on guys.... if theyre actually releasing dragons, it would have been on preview first........
    ROFL!!!!

I agree with you it seems the people's response is turning out to be funnier than the video. I have played in enough MMO's to watch out for stuff like this on April 1st so I watched the video and laughed at what they did and I am glad they put the time into it because they made me laugh.
  • Options
    mablus25mablus25 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The dragons riding the horses was just lol
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I for one thought it was funny and had a good laugh over it, which I needed after a stressful week. I'm a happy nebula.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    dixeebelldixeebell Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vupion522 wrote: »
    Or worse, buy extra character slots. lol but then again maybe thats what they were hoping for.

yes, IT was silli & cruel.. specially that things like the "WALL'-stuck in CT still hasnt been fixed for year now !?
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    The dragon was riding a horse and wearing a goofy micky mouse apprentice hat. It was clearly a joke and people claiming they didn't know seem to be just looking for an excuse to demonize. Tsk tsk.
  • Options
    virtualcrackvirtualcrack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wheres merlin when u need him
    he will control the dragon no harm no foul!

MERLIN :winning
  • Options
    dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmmm a Druid who can chance in a Dragon that would be great or not ??
  • Options
    martlielsilvarosmartlielsilvaros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The dragon was riding a horse and wearing a goofy micky mouse apprentice hat. It was clearly a joke and people claiming they didn't know seem to be just looking for an excuse to demonize. Tsk tsk.

Well, to be honest, I dont think that it was clear that it was a joke to everyone at all and that is not an excuse to demonize anything. Yes I did think it was funny that the dragon was riding a horse(but horses can be purchased in the game, so why not when young) and the hat being featured only briefly as they discussed the adjustment of gear(but hey, why not right? Stranger things have happened), but truly it was not as clear as you seem to have the feeling it was. I am so greatly happy for you being able to see the lack of truth within this elaborate joke so easily, bravo and good on ya. I however, like many others, did not know this was a joke until I looked it up. I did not delete anything in the consideration of wishing to create a Dragon Character so nothing was lost. I was lucky. You see, I actually play two different dragon's in the D&D tabletop and was actually looking forward to the possibility here on the game. I am more disappointed than anything. They should be ashamed for not giving it true consideration, because I am sure it would increase the numbers wanting to play greatly which would in turn increase the number of individuals who will pay for the various things in association to the game.
    Just because you got it right away does not mean everyone did or that they are trying to demonize anyone because they did not.
    Tsk Tsk to you.
    I can understand the frustration of those who were the fool on April fool's BUT that does not mean that it should be taken out in an ill manor on the pranksters. Perhaps the lesson here is to research before action. It would have been better to simply create a new account for making a dragon rather than deleting characters on an existing account. Lack of forethought on the individuals part does not constitute required remorse on the prankster's part. It is a day to prank after all.
    Such shame to see such ill over a game.
    Tsk Tsk to you all!
  • Options
    stealthmaster223stealthmaster223 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Me and my friend were both annoyed at the fact that this was a joke :( Couldnt you atleast have a limited time for a dragon race?
  • Options
    nirraddrappehsnirraddrappehs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mythaura wrote: »
    Would've come back to the game and actually stayed if this weren't a joke ._.

A fool and his money are soon parted.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How this got left open is beyond me, but....it's outlived it's purpose. Going to close it down now.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.