What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[April Fools!] Neverwinter Introduces a New Playable Race: Dragons

Comments

• Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The video is so funny watching a dragon ride a mount. I didn't expect them to do anything like this for an April Fools joke.
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow this must be a lot of peoples first MMO, for years MMO have done some elaborate April Fools Jokes, never trust anything in an MMO on April 1st till you get confirmation.
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's almost as if some people don't actually own calendars.

Cryptic devs, that video was hilarious and amazing. "Dragons are a little OP in PvP, but we're working on it and they'll be balanced soon!" -best line in any game trailer EVER.

Amusing jokes like the Dragon race and incredibly clever events like Respen's Game are why I buy entirely too much Zen. Keep up the good work, and +1.
  • Options
    lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow this must be a lot of peoples first MMO, for years MMO have done some elaborate April Fools Jokes, never trust anything in an MMO on April 1st till you get confirmation.

They want to blame the developers for their lapse in judgement. If they had watched the video or
    taken the time to verify it was legit before doing something stupid such as spending money or deleting characters. I'm sure there are going to be a lot more when it's all said and done and then even if perfectworld refunds the ones who spent money or deleted their character they'll continue
    *****ing as if they should a reward for their stupidity!
  • Options
    lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree with everyone who says this was a really funny joke. The dragon riding the horse was really funny and should've been a clue to anyone who watched it and still fell for the joke.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hahaha thanks for the laught, cryptic :D
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    dirathiusdirathius Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I have to say, this was a great joke. Today being April 1st, I've been waiting all day to see what the "Early maintenance" would bring...

I come home from work and see that Dragons are a playable race! My initial reaction was actually terrible disappointment. ...I love Dragons! And you dangled Dragons in front of me! But then I watched the video and laughed. I had to bring my family and make them watch it. :D

So thank you so much for the great joke. Oh, and the Gelatinous Cube is priceless. Just... awesome. I won't buy it though, doesn't match my characters. :P But good job on innovative mounts!
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2014
    Hey all,

This was meant to be fun and games. Dragons are not a playable race and this video was meant to be a April's Fool joke for our fans. If you did delete your characters, please send in a ticket into our Support Team and they'll assist you.

Thanks so much,
    Pin
  • Options
    jeburgosjeburgos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey all,

This was meant to be fun and games. Dragons are not a playable race and this video was meant to be a April's Fool joke for our fans. If you did delete your characters, please send in a ticket into our Support Team and they'll assist you.

Thanks so much,
    Pin

What if I spent 5 bucks just for that reason?
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All I can say is "why is selling items at 150K in the AH that you can buy from a vendor for 100K still so profitable?".

Caveat emptor.
    ~cough~

The good news is that when the WARLOCK is released you people who purchased the extra slots will have them ready to go. And even one for the >yawn< Druid when it arrives. ~AHEM~ >wink, wink<

(I really do hate to sound so cruel, but C'MON! Sheesh!)
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hard to believe people fell for this. But really fun video, it cracked me up. Dragon + mount ftw!

The most epic April fools jokes I've seen though were in GW1. Gender Bender one year. Stick figures the next. :)
  • Options
    dragon99912dragon99912 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not funny at all was thinking really Dragon class comes out .
    But u guy`s shoute now make the dragon class .
    Giving hope and than just destroying is not nice.
    Please Think aboout making The dragon class woude be awsome!
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    haha love it, the dragon riding a horse is even better :D

Exept its op in pvp but we will work on it!! HAHAHAHAHAH

Thx guys but now MAKE IT REAL!
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2014
    jeburgos wrote: »
    What if I spent 5 bucks just for that reason?

Send in a ticket to our Support Team as well and they'll assist you: http://support.arcgames.com/.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Anyone else thinking that this may be a nod to an upcoming Dragonborn race for Mod 3? :p
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I for one am really glad it was a joke. If it had been real, I'd know for sure they'd lost their minds, and I'd have to move on. I mean, someone thought this was real? Really??? Like Player Dragons???? Why, that's almost as ridiculous as the notion of someone riding around as a passenger in a.. a... GELATINOUS CUBE. XD
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    At first I thought the Gelatinous Cube mount was the April Fool's Day joke. Glad to see that was real, but wish the Dragons were real too, though I can totally see why they can't be. They would be very hard to balance in PvP. But I would pay some money to be one, especially if I can fly and breath fire!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kmarie1kmarie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Send in a ticket to our Support Team as well and they'll assist you: http://support.arcgames.com/.

According to the support center knowledge base it says they can't recover deleted characters.
  • Options
    tymasxtymasx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    So if someone bought some zen, transfer it to Neverwinter and bought a character slot in the hope that this is true, do they get a refund?

April fools should not lure ppl into making irreparable errors.

how is that irrepairable? now you got 2 more slots to use that you didnt have before, go roll some new characters and get over yourself... sheesh the nerve of some people, it was a JOKE, a prank, of the 1st of April...

but to the devs, GREAT work, and i have had loads of fun trolling on a new character named "GoldenDragon" you wouldnt believe the number of pm's i get from zone chat, quite hilarious too...
  • Options
    tymasxtymasx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    and in the video at that moment you see a dragon waste an entire party... i laughed so hard right there, i was like, yep its a joke, no way its real!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    kmarie1 wrote: »
    According to the support center knowledge base it says they can't recover deleted characters.
    . . . Yet you have a Community Manager telling you to contact Support. Perhaps instead of being confrontational, you should just see what Support has to say first.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kmarie1 wrote: »

also, that may be a policy, but it doesn't mean there won't be exceptions to the rule.
  • Options
    barrdock84barrdock84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This was EPIC!!! April FOOLS!
  • Options
    khrahskhrahs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, I just deleted a developed character to make space for a Dragon. Jokes on them. They just lost a player that spent money on their game and now will badmouth this PoS to potential gamers. HAHHAH. =/
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    khrahs wrote: »
    Well, I just deleted a developed character to make space for a Dragon. Jokes on them. They just lost a player that spent money on their game and now will badmouth this PoS to potential gamers. HAHHAH. =/
    . . . That's nice, you bad mouthing someone else for a mistake you made. It's a shame you don't take responsibility for one's own actions. Even more so, doing so when you have the ability to rectify the situation and choosing instead to divert blame.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . That's nice, you bad mouthing someone else for a mistake you made. It's a shame you don't take responsibility for one's own actions. Even more so, doing so when you have the ability to rectify the situation and choosing instead to divert blame.

I have to think that people claiming to have been pranked by this very obvious April Fool's joke (and to the extent that they immediately deleted a character or purchased slots just to make room) are counter-fooling. Otherwise what little faith I had left in humanity is thoroughly invalidated.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OK so I logged in today see the news and squealed like a schoolgirl seeing the bieber. First, that worthless cleric has got to go!! Right after I send all his goodies and AD to my main. But, while I am getting ready, lets pop the news links to check them out while the game loads. Oh oh a video, most excellent lets watch that!!! Why does the guy saying its OP in pvp look like hes about to bust a gut? Hasnt he read the threads on one class being OP already? Players will go crazy!! OMG, that dragon is riding a horse? Seriously busting a gut here!! Thank goodness I didnt devote the now not so worthless cleric first. Now to see if the table top adventure is real? Squeals like a schoolgirl again because it is!!
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    . . . Yeah, Respen's Event is indeed real, as is the Slime Companion and the Gelatinous Cube Mount, the latter is currently on a limited time sale!
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vorphied wrote: »
    I have to think that people claiming to have been pranked by this very obvious April Fool's joke (and to the extent that they immediately deleted a character or purchased slots just to make room) are counter-fooling. Otherwise what little faith I had left in humanity is thoroughly invalidated.

You still had some of that? Faith in Humanity is -so- last century.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey all,

Thanks so much,
    Pin

Aww. I wanted to have my character match my avatar.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
This discussion has been closed.