test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[April Fools!] Neverwinter Introduces a New Playable Race: Dragons

Comments

• ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have bought 2 of the packs and have 2 110 speed mounts, so even though I liked a few of the odd mounts in the zen store I swore I would never buy one.........then they HAD to go make the Cube one.....well played Cryptic.....well played....Take my money!

Hopefully at some point they will make upgrading mounts cheaper, till then I will tool around in the enclave in my cube and switch to use the 110s when speed is more important.
  • sociopathicurgessociopathicurges Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A'right, I'm over this lastgen game.
  • xandria68xandria68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . Yeah, Respen's Event is indeed real, as is the Slime Companion and the Gelatinous Cube Mount, the latter is currently on a limited time sale!

Speaking of the Respen Event, I just wanted to let the Dev's know what a wonderful job that they did with that. Quite a unique concept. In fact, my guildmates thought I was pranking them when I described it. I absolutely love that event. Too bad I have to go to work tomorrow, otherwise I may have stayed up all night to play it. :cool:

As for the joke, I loved the dragon riding a horse. Epic.
    @Xandria68

Characters: Raevyn Martok, Xiomara Silverstar, & Xandria Ma'Litoff

@Xandria268
    Characters: Avigayle Silveroak, & Jinx Brimstone

I am Xan. Xan I am.
  • veditoaveditoa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I for one am really glad it was a joke. If it had been real, I'd know for sure they'd lost their minds, and I'd have to move on. I mean, someone thought this was real? Really??? Like Player Dragons???? Why, that's almost as ridiculous as the notion of someone riding around as a passenger in a.. a... GELATINOUS CUBE. XD

In Paladium Books, Rift Earth, dragons are a playable race. And a friend of mine loves to RP dragons with me, the Dungeons and Dragons type dragons. In an upcoming RP, I'm going to be role playing a hybrid white/red dragon. She is white with red splotches like a Koi fish. Hence her name Koi. Roleplaying dragons is very possible, ...they are overpowered, ...hence they are so hard to "vanquish".
  • brifoxbrifox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This April Fools joke just devastated my autistic son. :(
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Out of curiosity there is infact a dragon born race isnt there? pretty sure when i read the lore many years ago i rememeber hearing of them

is there any chance this may be the next race for real ? (if anyone played tera there was a dragon race in there also)
  • arcanej1arcanej1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OK.. So very funny April fools joke!! Dragon class could be difficult.. But how about seriously then a dragon Companion :) Or a fire breathing dragon mount!! YAY!! :)
  • hiromacuhiromacu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That is not a funny joke to do to us, if they keep doing stuff like that some players may say hell with them and leave the game...it is not good to tell the players something like that and not do it....that is bad business..

Yeah... I agree! It wasn't a good joke! This was that point to me to uninstall this game. There are lots of other great games to play (e.g. TERA, RaiderZ, Rift, Aion, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Path of Exile, World of Tanks, Yulgang2, Warframe etc. etc.).
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hiromacu wrote: »
    Yeah... I agree! It wasn't a good joke! This was that point to me to uninstall this game. There are lots of other great games to play (e.g. TERA, RaiderZ, Rift, Aion, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Path of Exile, World of Tanks, Yulgang2, Warframe etc. etc.).

After reading thru this post I have to agree. This cost people time and real life money.And you have to think not everyone every where does this April fools thing. So what about those people ? And the ones that called them stupid for their actions maybe your the stupid ones here thinking everyone even knows about this April fools thing . I login just about everyday I don't watch the trailers or even read the news on the launch page seeing how it's usually 2 or 3 weeks old. In the last year or more I've watched them release new classes and unless you did watch the trailer how would they have known this was not real? I just think that before the STUPID people jump out calling others stupid maybe they should think about the fact that this game is played world wide and not everyone has same customs.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • yhchan2yhchan2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    when i saw this trailer.I was so happy until i checked the race list and found no dragon.But i did find te race hige elf
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Heard there was a new playable race, Dragons. But, when I tried to become a dragon at character creation, there was no Dragon option.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It was a joke , in the West (dunno about the East) April the first is called April fools day and people play tricks on each other to make each other look silly or foolish , there isn't a Dragon race ,it was a April fools joke .Look here for info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools'_Day

Next year Cryptic should do something other than an official looking video announcing a new race , some people seem to have actually taken it seriously and some players have said they deleted character and stuff lol .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    Heard there was a new playable race, Dragons. But, when I tried to become a dragon at character creation, there was no Dragon option.
    It was an April Fool's joke.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    arcanej1 wrote: »
    OK.. So very funny April fools joke!! Dragon class could be difficult.. But how about seriously then a dragon Companion :) Or a fire breathing dragon mount!! YAY!! :)

Psuedodragon
    contents to be decided
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just wanna say bravo to the devs for this. Ignore the naysayers. I suspect most are just trolling.

It was a fun joke and a good chance for the players to see the dev team having fun. It is a game, entertianment, after all. We should ALL be enjoying it, playera and staff. Some people seem to forget that much too easily.

So allow me to say well played and thanks.
  • beluearnwbeluearnw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This was a bit harsh.
    Not only did users receive the email at almost 12 Midnight (So nearly the 2nd of April, and also the fact that april fools ends at 12 midday) but theres also the whole "Lack of April fools" message. Users who read the email (Like I did) immediately looked on the internet to check if it was a late prank. Having no immediate indication, they deleted a character just to find it was indeed a joke..
    Tone down next year guys.. Please..
  • beluearnwbeluearnw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I feel so sorry that you also fell for this e.e
  • theonlymephistotheonlymephisto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Honestly it had me going, I only played for a bit and quickly glanced at the ad, luckily I waited a day to see how it was going to turn up rather then immediately buying a new char slot lol. I always forget about April fools. Hope the people who are pissed about it chill out a little, it was just a joke (even though its coming from professionals who should generally act professional =P).
  • gbrottgbrott Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lol that was dissapointing, bought character slots for nothing, could of at least taken the joke down, I saw it today not realizing it was a joke from yesterday. lol
  • evilmouseaevilmousea Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello all
    Any who delete character should be entitle to compensation unless it goes live.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    evilmousea wrote: »
    Hello all
    . . . Our Community Manager already said to contact Support if you deleted a character. Leave the legal matters out of the forum please. Thanks!
  • hellman2741hellman2741 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This would have been a good joke, if only they had said it was a joke... Nowhere in the email, thread, or video did it state this was a joke.
    I legit got my hopes up and downed. Not funny.
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    It's so good to know that the devs care so much about players' "entire journey of their dragon", man that fire breath looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!

Looking forward to play the new dragon race, so much wow!
  • dranddrand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I guess this joke was harmless enough but it left a sour taste in my mouth just the same. I remember back when I played Horizons: Empire of Istaria dragons were actually a playable race, so on the surface this announcement wasn't as outrageous and obviously fake as the devs seemed to think it was. This is the first news in a long time about a mmorpg I play that got me super excited. Of course after watching the video it was readily apparent this wasn't a serious proposal from the dev team. Oh well, sad day.

On the other hand the Respen event sounded too good to be true when I heard of it and I assumed that it was the april fools joke and would not actually make it into the game as a playable thing. When I logged in and realized the event was actually playable my mind was blown. Best event Neverwinter has ever had by a mile. My only "issue" with the event is that it is sooooo good the rest of the game seems kind of lackluster in comparison. Hopefully this content is indicative of the kind of quality updates we can expect from the devs in the future.
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    evilmousea wrote: »
    Hello all

LOL nope, sorry if I'm a little bit harsh but that new Dragon race introductory video was way too easy to tell that it's just a troll attempt for April Fools.

Just look at the dragon riding the horse, you actually think that was for real? /faceplant
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So the next best thing would be a REAL playable race - the kobold!!! They're distant dragon relatives - why not?
  • selene2hotselene2hot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I lost my ranger due to this and am very upset over this.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You chose to delete your ranger. No one forced you to do it. You could have purchased zen or converted AD to get slots. And if you did either of those you still wouldn't have room to complain because you would have gotten exactly what you paid for -- more slots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamartjamart Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You got me. I guess I played the RPG with too many players that talked me into stuff like that. I never think about April Fools. I guess the dragon riding the horse should have been a clue.
This discussion has been closed.