test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

the snowball effect in pvp domination.

skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
So I never pvp'd much, but decided to go ahead and spec up a GF for regen and see how it went, wanting the artifact from there.

I found that when the winning team pulls ahead by over 200 points, everyone just gives up and sits on the campfire. It starts as just 1 person, but after a few deaths another joins and another until...there were a few matches i played tonight where the opposing team just sat outside the spawn point and when i tried to run by...well you know how that ended.

It doesnt help that the entire enemy team keys on you if you try and fight, but I can't blame them, as they play to fight and they are being denied by the campfire girls. (i have been on the winning side a few times when this happened)

I know nothing really can be done about campfire girls, but it just seems like people give up too soon, and the winning teams don't allow any slack to let the remaining fighters that want to play have any fun. Like if you have 5 guys camping outside the spawn, why not throw up a challenge, and fight a 1v1. it's not like you can lose the match. when the score is like 600 to 39 (this happened to me tonight)

As an adendum, I can not win a battle against two gwf's :p
Post edited by skalt112 on

Comments

• Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Try asking for 1vs1s. Civilized PvPers will offer it when the game is done for and with leavers/afkers.

If they 2-3-4-5 vs you after you go down from the camp, they're just morons and sadly there's nothing you can do.
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    If the classes were balanced then I would argue that everyone who queued should get out there and fight.

However... With permas and train GWF's trolling most pvp games, what do you expect the none-trolls to do? Go out there and entertain them for 25 minutes? Nah. When I run into a party of premades with 2 GWF 2 TR 1 google build oppressor shard on tab-boring CW I will also stand in the campfire within a minute or two.

The problem is balance, it's that simple. And people love using the most OP thing they can find. Hell, it's harder to find a group for DD that doesn't glitch/exploit than it is to find a legit one.

The same goes for PvP, the same scum that glitch/exploit in PvE will be the GWF/perma-trolls in PvP. They either don't want a challenge (ever) or they are just too bad and have to resort to cheating/exploiting to win.

It' sad, but that is human nature I'm afraid. Until Cryptic makes the classes somewhat balanced you will see games where one team stand no chance because they went in to have a fun challenge and the other team just went in to faceroll/exploit. :/

What makes this a bit funny is that the so called "high lvl pvp guilds" have the most of these trolls, yet they call themselves good and sometimes even "pro" (they get paid, really?)

A few of them understands that they are trolling, not all of them. But pretty much every single troll believes that he is a great player, and that is hilarious. Free to play with your own build and a none OP class is the pure way to play. If you either have a cheese build/class and have paid for your enchants then it's laughable to consider yourself a good player.
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    pers, I've run into your guild plenty of times and they are a bunch filled with a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor attitude who insults and jumps on corpses and gangbang lesser geared players on a daily basis. This is a fact. Not sure why anyone who is not like them would want to play with them. I guess as long as you have a troll group to play with it's all good. :)
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    If the classes were balanced then I would argue that everyone who queued should get out there and fight.

However... With permas and train GWF's trolling most pvp games, what do you expect the none-trolls to do? Go out there and entertain them for 25 minutes? Nah. When I run into a party of premades with 2 GWF 2 TR 1 google build oppressor shard on tab-boring CW I will also stand in the campfire within a minute or two.

The problem is balance, it's that simple. And people love using the most OP thing they can find. Hell, it's harder to find a group for DD that doesn't glitch/exploit than it is to find a legit one.

The same goes for PvP, the same scum that glitch/exploit in PvE will be the GWF/perma-trolls in PvP. They either don't want a challenge (ever) or they are just too bad and have to resort to cheating/exploiting to win.

It' sad, but that is human nature I'm afraid. Until Cryptic makes the classes somewhat balanced you will see games where one team stand no chance because they went in to have a fun challenge and the other team just went in to faceroll/exploit. :/

What makes this a bit funny is that the so called "high lvl pvp guilds" have the most of these trolls, yet they call themselves good and sometimes even "pro" (they get paid, really?)

A few of them understands that they are trolling, not all of them. But pretty much every single troll believes that he is a great player, and that is hilarious. Free to play with your own build and a none OP class is the pure way to play. If you either have a cheese build/class and have paid for your enchants then it's laughable to consider yourself a good player.

Thanks for calling me and everyone else playing a GWF a troll and scum for playing a GWF (btw. I play destroyer, not sentinel, if you know the difference). Really mature and classy. Some guildies of mine play HR and CW in PvP and kill almost everyone 1v1 in a PvP PUG. The CW is supposed to be banned dozends of time, because ppl dont belief, that it is a difference in skill and gear that kills them and not a exploit. True, perma TR and GWFs with decent gear are somehow OP in PvP, but do I have to stop playing it and get killed with my PvE speced DC in PvP to be a 'good' player? I dont think so.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    pers, I've run into your guild plenty of times and they are a bunch filled with a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor attitude who insults and jumps on corpses and gangbang lesser geared players on a daily basis. This is a fact. Not sure why anyone who is not like them would want to play with them. I guess as long as you have a troll group to play with it's all good. :)

I left Synergy, however, you should know that most guilds have bad people in them. Actually the leaders of Synergy (if nothing changed) are very decent human beings and top players, and they would never do stuff like you describe, at least if not pushed and antagonized for nothing. Not even jumping on corpses, which I agree is pretty lame. The leadership encourages members to remain classy. It cannot force anybody that wants to be a moronic fool to be a decent person. Some things are in the genes, you know what I mean?

Point by point:

- gangbanging lesser geared players is a failure of the matchmaking system. I do it daily and have no intentions whatsoever to grief anybody, all I want is to PvP
    - "troll" groups are actually where CWs can shine. I hate them when I'm against any (although I pretty much beat 3-4-5 GWF comps each day, and I only play with friends), but it pretty much is what it is. But again, CW needs protection to be able to do its job, and it needs 2-3 node holders so CW can play mostly off point nuking, which is where we're most efficient.

A few bad apples don't make a guild.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Two things :

1) Add GS tiers to the matchmaking
    2) Throw AFKs outside of the campfire if they stay there for too long.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Two things :

1) Add GS tiers to the matchmaking
    2) Throw AFKs outside of the campfire if they stay there for too long.

Point 2 should only come into effect if your matchmaking is well and truly sorted. I WILL camp if the score is 500 - 0. I should not be forced to fight a lopsided match like that because it is not a match.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have been sitting in the campfir in a few matches. Usually it's not only because of the match being 800-50 or so, but when the whole team is right outside the spawn zone and as soon as anyone gets out they all gang up on any of us. If I've asked for 1vs1 and they don't want to or even worse, they say yeah, but as soon as I get down they all gang up on me, then I'll just stay in the spawn zone. Being a rogue I *could* escape, but I can't do much against a team of 5 if I'm the only one of my team that is out of the zpawn zone.
    Also I don't stay in the spawn zone if none of my team are in there already, I'm never the first one to give up, that's for sure.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Never PVP much? PVP as a GF? You gonna have a bad time lol.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Sometime I went in a pug, and everyone on my team but me went on 1.

Well I just died, left my char on campfire and went to take a sandwich. I just thought they don't deserve my help.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    skalt112 wrote: »
    when the winning team pulls ahead by over 200 points, everyone just gives up

it just seems like people give up too soon

No, they're perfectly right. The fight is over and keep on "fighting" would be an offense. This is like in chess keeping playing two pawnd down. It's not done, you just give up.
    Sure, you'll find people to pretend that "trading caps" (the winner allows the loser to cap the bases and recaps them immediately after) brings more glory for everybody, but this is an exploit, not a PvP session.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What I want to know is, why people care so much if people AFK. Pretty much all the time, people AFK when the result of the match is already a foregone conclusion. If people just want to stop fighting at that point, why is it so outrageous?
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Well the latest exploit is emblem of seldarine. Try hitting one of those guys and you will end up healing them for more than you damage them. I'm convinced PVP in this game is just broken.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PvP needs a vote to surrender option for the losing team. This way everybody in the game doesn't have to endure lopsided matches. I play more Pug matches than premades, but surprisingly I'm often on the advantaged team when spawncamping begins...where I just sit atop my horse and watch everybody duke it out. Of course, if you unwittingly disturb my alone time, you're gunna get a knife in the back, maybe two.

My point is, lopsided matches which end up with camp idling is equally undesirable on both sides. I don't want to watch you die 100x as you keep soloing my entire group as much as I want to be on your shoes. Now that's just pathetic. And a real waste of time, while I'm at it. I'd rather your team clicks a button that says, "we voted to give up, let's get out of here!" I'll be on my way onto the next PvP queue, hoping against hope to find an even matchup.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Remove the penalty for leaving.

Remove all Glory rewards from PvP dailies.

Add the following scoring measures to PvP, so that they get taken into account when you are on the losing team

1. Points for damage delt
    2. Points for damage absorbed
    3. Points for fighting on point
    4. Insert other measures here (that show people were actively participating in the match)
    5. Adjust score for GS differentials (if you fail against a team with a much higher GS than you, your reward should be increased compared to failing against a similarly geared team)
    6. Adjust for uneven team numbers. If someone leaves and you end up 4-5 or 3-5, you get more Glory at the end.
    7. No base minimum for Glory.

Now, you have a system that refuses to award you for simply hanging out in a match. It will not reward you if you don't participate. It will not penalize you for leaving. It WILL award you more Glory for fighting. It WILL give you more Glory for continuing to fight despite uneven teams. It WILL encourage people to play through, despite the odds.

So long as a reasonable amount of Glory is rewarded in a loss, this would fix the majority of the issues.
  • Options
    niszczycielxxniszczycielxx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Try asking for 1vs1s. Civilized PvPers will offer it when the game is done for and with leavers/afkers.

If they 2-3-4-5 vs you after you go down from the camp, they're just morons and sadly there's nothing you can do.

Sadly there is not many civilized PvPers in this game.
  • Options
    rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    So optimizing builds via feats, ability scores and gear for PvP is trolling? The builds do well in that environment because sustainability in a 1v1 or 1v2 scenario is what thrives in Domination. If it were deathmatch you'd probably see different builds.

But go ahead, play your Strength based fire mage that went down all three paragons instead of grabbing a capstone. Make sure you role play that you're shoulders are sun burnt and play without armor too.

Basically, there are going strengths and weaknesses to any build. Can my PvE destroyer go 1v1 vs my PvP sentinel? Not a chance, but you can bet that the destroyer out-dps'es the senti by a wide margin in PvE. People will gravitate to the most efficient tools for the task, generally.

If you want to gimp yourself in order to immerse yourself into the world of your character, go for it. But when you get frustrated in PvP, just know it's your fault.
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    When you ask for a 1v1.....
    Say it in Zone chat, and call out who you want it with...maybe where.

Many times people use "say" instead of zone, and only people close by can read say, so, people on the other side might not relalize that a 1v1 is going on, esp if it is a pug team that doesn't have voice communication.

And too many times, the person never calls out who they want to 1 v 1....and they run to where I am usually sitting semi afk with another person, and they start attacking one of us, of course we both attack that person.

As to giving up at 200 points, it is pretty silly...I have seen many matches come back from behind by 300, simply because the team figures out that they need to back cap and fight on nodes...200 is really not that much.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    No, they're perfectly right. The fight is over and keep on "fighting" would be an offense.
    A 200 point gap is not game over. I've been in PUG matches where we've turned around a larger margin.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When you're down by 200 points, and all of Team Red occupies the top 5 spots on the scoreboard, and moreover if none of them have even died once yet.... then yes, it's over.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    How typical. As soon as it gets tough you want to bail instead of fight. That's the true PvP spirit. /sarcasm
    As a matter of fact, you should fight, but go right ahead. The only one you're hurting with it is yourself.

''As soon as it gets tough you want to bail instead of fight.''

0 points, 0 kills, 8 deaths, maybe 1 assist. The only node we are contesting now is trying to get home node back. All five of us are in positions 6 - 10 on the scoreboard. The only player(s) on my team that have any points at all are the player(s) that capped home in the opening minute, the player(s) that managed to back-cap while the rest of us were providing a mild distraction at mid and/or the player(s) that got the final shot in when we managed to 3/4/5 vs 1 of them when we tried to retake home node.

Why must I continue the fight in such a scenario?
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    A 200 point gap is not insurmountable. I would rather have a 200 point gap WITH indications that the team has some coordination as a group than be ahead 200 points seeing little to no synergy.

I'm torn on neverwinter pvp. I do think it is hopelessly broken. Emblem needs fixed. Vorpal needs fixed. There needs to be a surrender option. It REALLY does suck when your team has NO coordination and there is nothing to do but get focused by at least 3-1 everytime you spawn. That is why when I see that happening to an enemy team I just chill on 2. Chill on 2, let 1v1's happen, so on. I will never understand the kind of internal sickness that makes people want to rub other peoples faces in it when they are losing. Sadly it is getting worse since the patch. Something like some kind of civility was really starting to emerge with cap trading, hanging out and talking, 1v1's, so on. Now everyone seems pretty angry and hateful. Not a good scene at all.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    bobiwanbobiwan Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    No, they're perfectly right. The fight is over and keep on "fighting" would be an offense. This is like in chess keeping playing two pawnd down. It's not done, you just give up.
    Sure, you'll find people to pretend that "trading caps" (the winner allows the loser to cap the bases and recaps them immediately after) brings more glory for everybody, but this is an exploit, not a PvP session.
    Well then, I must surely offend. I will happily drag the entire enemy team to their home base, or 2, giggling like a madman all the while as they try to kill me. Why? If I'm going to lose, I'm going to annoy the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the enemy team. Anything less is unsportsmanlike IMO.
    In this way, I have often reversed the snowball.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Never PVP much? PVP as a GF? You gonna have a bad time lol.
    I love constructive posts! (such as this one!)
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I love when people ask for Emblem nerf, is it to hard to not hit the user when he procs it, no god forbid you use your brain, what makes emblem op are the idiots who don't understand it, so yeah lets just nerf one of the most expensive and hardest thing to obtain in this game for the sake of the stupid people (emblem like all artifacts is bind on equip btw), screw the end game players who had to grind weeks or months for all their gear ...
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I love constructive posts! (such as this one!)

the best i have ever done is 3rd place. most times i am at the bottom with like 7 kills 12 deaths, but I figure it's my job to rush in and try and tangle up a few players. If they are trying to deal with me, they are not trying to cap.

But I die a lot.
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would get first place all the time on my GF.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    valetudo78 wrote: »
    I would get first place all the time on my GF.
    I believe you.
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am disturbed by how many kills I get playing my leveling-bracket GF who has absolutely no Tenacity gear, and by how many times I have singlehandedly turned a losing match around by backcapping and the entire enemy team feeling that they need to 4v1 me for the better part of 30 seconds before I die.

I'm also disturbed by how many people in leveling-bracket PvP don't realize that contesting nodes stops the enemy point gain from that node.