Install Arc
Options

Weekly Poll #4

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Personally I think if they start doing this the sets will end just like WoW: carnival costumes.

As opposed to Neverwinter University, where everyone is wearing something akin to class uniforms. Where the only significant differences between each classes uniform, are minor changes to denote rank.
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I voted for the representation of deity on the armor. However, I would also request more hammer choices for transmute for the GF (and GWF...but they have some). Currently, the GF only has a hammer choice from a founder pack, and that is not a free transmute. More hammers! Big ones! Be creative! I would actually buy a transmute of a hammer over another free sword....
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well the GWF and GF armors actually look very appropriate,

But when it comes to other classes sometimes it could use a little work. The standard Mage armors look too much like platemail. Which... really doesn't look very mage like. I'm not saying robes or anything, but really the non-football shoulder pads look might help a little.

I think the closest I've used were the lower level Illyabruethn armor for transmutes, and the lower level Thay armor for transmutes. I did like the book transmute too. Those were reasonable. The.... I'm a big muscle bound football player-like mage just doesn't look right.

Perhaps outfit changes you could buy may help. But I have seen only one of them I'd consider and not with enough motivation to really buy any.
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I voted simple armour, but what I mean with that is to have more realistic looking armour. I would like something in between plain and the very ornate. I still want it to look good, but not so over the top with the pointy pieces and the pauldrons.
  • Options
    facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited March 2014
    Captain America Shield FTW
  • Options
    atraleosatraleos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Neither. The devs said they are interested in adding such a feature but it is not simple to do. That requires programming modifications which the devs will not focus on just yet but will look into in the future.

This poll is for the Art Team with the intention of being additions to existing systems requiring no additional programming.
    As such please do not ask for modifications to the system but only the visual artwork that can be plugged into the game as is.

There is a huge difference in the two requests types as one is done by artists and the other is done by computer programmers and the programmers.

In this case, may I suggest some new transmute skins for the shirt and pants/trouser slot? They could be "fancy" clothing like you might expect a noble to wear under armor. They could also simply be the same as the default "underwear" skins. The latter would give a similar effect to allowing the visuals to be disabled in those slots while minimizing programmer time needed.

As an additional bonus, transmutes in the shirt and pants / trouser slots would open up additional places that players would realistically apply dye. This might result in an increase in dye sales.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As others have mentioned, more variety and complete sets. Fantasy 'viking' armor, robes for wizards, different looking hats (Holy Grail's Tim, highwayman hats), just things that aren't all variations on a theme like we have now. Additionally, rescuing some of the skins from being unique BOP lair drops. I haven't seen what it looks like, but there is a GF spider armor that drops in the second Rothe Valley lair. The one time I got it, it wasn't for my GF and it's BOP. There are the redcap armor pieces from Sharandar that are all BOP and random drops (at least you can easily repeat these lairs) but its still a pain. One of my characters only got the Thayan Zealot armor from Dread Ring on the last day when she got the final boon. So while I'm asking for more choices, it wouldn't be a bad start to make some of the existing choices a bit easier to acquire.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    manplowmanplow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Chainmail bikinis!

No, not really.

I voted for simple armor. My favorite look for the CW is the male starting vest. It's one of the few pieces that mesh well with the default shirt and pants, and everything else is either too complicated, clips with your hair or face, or asymmetrical in an ugly way (uh, a shirt-robe with a whole panel of cloth missing on one side?).

I'd also like unique gear with matching parts for each armor slot (like people have said above for spider and wolf armor). I really like the redcap boots on my GWF, but nothing else matches with them, so they just look dorky on their own when otherwise everything else I'm wearing is a matching set.
    Warrior Nation. Always recruiting. Check us out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Like a snow plow, but for people.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would like to see some faction-based armor transmutes. We sort of have this in Dread Ring, but I'd like to see things like Neverember armor, Uthgardt armor, Helmite armor, and so on.

Another option that would be cool would be dye kits that apply a different pattern to the piece thy're applied to - like if you apply a Kelemvor dye kit to cleric armor, it would add the skeleton hand and scales emblem to various places of the armor, (in addition to recoloring it).

I'd also like to see various free-to-transmute items added to all crafting professions, and the ability to hide shirts and pants worn under armor.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Drizzt type
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No pics to show, but I was thinking of minimalist barbarian styles. Strap harness chestpieces, wrapped arms, fur loincloths and sandles or fur boots. materials used could be varied by class. (adding in cloth or metals)

This almost require the ability to disable visuals on shirts and pants tho.
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Y'know what would be really cool, (though I don't know how practical it'd be) - weather appropriate gear. So if you're on Icespire Peak, your armor would have fur accents and gloves, but on Pirate's Skyhold, it would be short sleeved and with no hood, (if you chose to use that feature).

On a more general scale, I'd love the ability to transmute multiple appearances onto 1 item, and then change the appearance at any time from a drop-down menu on that item.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    manplow wrote: »
    I voted for simple armor. My favorite look for the CW is the male starting vest. It's one of the few pieces that mesh well with the default shirt and pants, and everything else is either too complicated, clips with your hair or face, or asymmetrical in an ugly way (uh, a shirt-robe with a whole panel of cloth missing on one side?).

I enjoyed the phase where my CW was running around in a robe that looked like it was made of a bunch of scraps of material she found and safety-pinned together.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    greydog2 wrote: »
    No pics to show, but I was thinking of minimalist barbarian styles. Strap harness chestpieces, wrapped arms, fur loincloths and sandles or fur boots. materials used could be varied by class. (adding in cloth or metals)

I can't help but point out you essentially described He-man.
    HeMan.jpg
    I have the POWER!
  • Options
    maxilockheartmaxilockheart Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2014
    i really like themed armors... doesnt really matter if it is race theme, class theme or faction theme :) but i think thats what you already do :) maybe a bit more variety in colors would be good, it would be better to have even static colors on armors then static colors for class, its boring to be blue all the time as a wizzard from lvl 1 to 60... some easier way to change colors is needed...
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    God Themed Armor!

With awesome looking wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I voted God Themed equipment first and foremost. That said, all of these would be nice.

But what I really want is Kilts!
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd love to have an armor set that's Oghma based. Basically all my characters follow Ohgma because it fits who I am, so having such a divine armor would be great.

Beyond that, some robes for my wizard that aren't belly shirts would be rather nice.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014

THIS too! I'd love this!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    whatefwhatef Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    God-themed armor would be very cool for roleplaying a character.

Something I'd like to see (which I know will never happen, but one can dream) is the ability to transmute armor cross-class. So for example I could have a GWF dressed like a Ranger or a Wizard dressed like a Guardian.

A third idea I just thought of, which ties into god-tiered armor somewhat, is to have armor sets based on race, background choices and/or achievements. So for example you could have armor for each God, but also Neverwinter armor, Luskan armor, Half-Orc armor, Halfling armor etc. Of course this would mean LOTS of sets which is asking a lot from the people who have to make them, but it could just be a matter of taking existing sets and adding cool details like emblems to them. Currently the background choices are 100% meaningless (as far as I know) apart from race, so this would be a cool way to tie them back into the game and make characters a bit more grounded in the game's lore.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd like to have armor transmute sets like but not limited to:

Dominator/trix
    Barbarian Cloth
    Shou Samurai/ninja
    Ghostly balls and chains

But aslong as you can't disable visual on enchants or any pieces of gear, it's pointless.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I voted for the Holy Symbol armour, but also like the simple armour option. Most suits of armour during any given era looked pretty much the same, except for some regional flourishes on different pieces. The biggest differences were seen during the Renaissance when the use of armour was dying out and many suits of armour were commissioned more for show than for actual battle. Simple armour with a Holy Symbol on the chest piece is one way fighters/clerics can customize. Another option for customization is to add some simple heraldry options for the shields. This could even be a Zen store item. Have 50 or so charges that the players can choose from to add to their shield. Then they can colour to suit themselves.

Simple light armours, such as leather, padded, or studded for thieves could be added, as each does have a different look. Plus they can be coloured by the players, and stylistic details can be easily varied once the base model has been created.

Wizards really don't wear armour, but there are so many styles of robes out there that can be brought into the game rather than the limited models available at the moment. Not to mention headgear which can take any number of forms.

Holy symbols can be added both of above items as well.

I will agree with other posters that no matter what happens with the costumes, they do need to stay with in the styles of the 8th to 15th centuries. Aside from the potato sack, when men were not wearing armour the prevailing fashions of those days did make them look like dandies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Explain"

Add in a neck slot for fashion clothing please so we can use a necklace (torque, choker, etc) or cape (cloak, etc) as an accessory. Not everyone likes head items, and some clothing would look very elegant with a neck slot item.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    Vikin.jpg

Now this is a cool outfit.....make more!!! :cool:

Yeah. It's bugged currently though and is a little too short, but other then that it's great.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    Now this is a cool outfit.....make more!!!
    :cool:
    Agreed, I'm wearing the same at the moment.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    One thing coming into this game that really surprised me is the lack of costume choices, considering it's a f2p game. Most f2p games make most of their money on costumes/skins.

I'd like to see more outfits at reasonable prices, and I think it would be great for business.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Rogues typically wear light, flexible and non-excessive gear...
    Something other than Assassin's Creed Renaissance gear.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    im so happy with my profound oppresors set :D
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for all the continued feedback guys.

Please do me a favor though and keep it about what you do like rather than what you don't like.

If you want cool looking wings post a picture of what you think cool looking wings are. If you think rogue armor needs to be a bit more basic then post a picture of what is good looking rogue armor. :)