test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weekly Poll #4

ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Last week's poll asked what kind of cosmetic options you would like the developers to expand. The results was quite dramatic with Costumes/Armor Transmutes being the landslide victor.

So this week I thought we should expand on that.
What kind of Costume and Armor Transmute options are you guys looking for?

I put up some themes but any details and specifics you specifically want are not only appreciated but what I really want to focus on this week. If you have any pictures which you like the armor please post them! :)

It should go without saying to keep all posted images Rated PG.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    Simple designs for cloth and armor.

But, please let us disable the visuals of enchants, or else it will look all the same anyway.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Echoing Brazenni's sentiment.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I chose "explain." I just want variety. Basically as CWs look the same, so do all Hunters, Clerics, etc. There's very little variety whatsoever. It really would be difficult to mess this up because the vast majority of the armors and weapons looks alike.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why not make transmute items for achievements diffrent for each "slayer"; made from enemy skins (imagine thoose dragon slayer robes&armor or elemental OR ghost!) or styled on enemies (you wouldn't wear bandit skin would you?), for Icespire Mountaineer some nice looking mountain explorer gear (you know, googles, backpack, pickaxe and rope on the belt, stylish winter hat etc.), for quest achievements some zone themed items.... and so on

Before you ask: yes I understood the question in poll and if I would have to choose one type I really want then it would be a suit (more precisely a tuxedo)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can't answer this poll, it's weird and choices aren't relevant to me. All I can say is that I like the look of the Fabled Illyaburen sets and the dread legion CW and GF sets appearance.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd like to have more variety, like regular npc clothes for when off duty. Low-middle class clothing.
    although if by Jarkaxle you mean this armor 1011618-img_new_0009.jpg
    then I vote for that option ;)
    EDIT: I'd still prefer to have the choice to toggle visuals of ANY piece of equipment. TRUE barbarians don't wear shirts and pants!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    herbalawherbalaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Allow us to disable armor enchantments or any new costume/gear content will still look awful.
    My Class is Warlock ... "The darkness holds no terror for me, demon! I curse you now under the Sign of Ill Omen!"
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    No need to keep mentioning the enchantment guys. The devs know we want to disable them.

Pretend they don't exist for the purpose of this thread as they are not a costume or armor transmute. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'd also like for more customization with accesories, like earrings, body tattoos, etc.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Can't answer this poll, it's weird and choices aren't relevant to me. All I can say is that I like the look of the Fabled Illyaburen sets and the dread legion CW and GF sets appearance.

The poll is only a poll on the surface. I offered some options but the Explain option was meant as a say whatever you want. If you like the few I supplied, great, but otherwise that is what the explain option is for ;)
  • Options
    tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We need a way of viewing our toon wearing armor/transmute while browsing item links in AH or chat. Right now i think i can only view what it will look like on if i equip it or place it in the transmute slot.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    We need a way of viewing our toon wearing armor/transmute while browsing item links in AH or chat. Right now i think i can only view what it will look like on if i equip it or place it in the transmute slot.
    Also, this. I'd love to have this option too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I would like to vote on both Simple Armor and High Class Clothing.

I like both equally tbh, sometimes I want to look noble, and sometimes I like to look like a nomad.

PLEASE!
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Legendary godly armor.. Ahhhh....... I think I need new trousers ;)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Zen store needs some PANTS.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would like more armor transmutes that give a completely "unique" look - the (DC) Armor of Lolth, the (GF) wolf head and so on .... basically more ways to make my character look completely different from anyone else.

Moreover, when there are such items with a "special" look, I would like to be able to get a whole set of transformation items with that look. Case in point the Avalanche gauntlets for GFs....an item that looks absolutely incredible, and I would love to use for transformation - if I only could get a suit of armor, helmet and boots in the same style.

More dye options would be nice - more single color dyes like white and gold, for example.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    I would like more armor transmutes that give a completely "unique" look - the (DC) Armor of Lolth, the (GF) wolf head and so on .... basically more ways to make my character look completely different from anyone else.

More dye options would be nice - more single color dyes like white and gold, for example.

That reminds me how frustrating it was when I got the icefall gauntlets on my newb tank a few months ago, I was like "cool, I may be able to look like an ice golem", but no, there are just gloves, and that's it. It makes most items useless for transmutation purposes. It's like the spider looks, DCs and CWs have the armor, tanks have the helmet, and rogues have boots. How does that makes sense, except making obvious the costume and purple drops part has been blatantly rushed?

I'm also levelling a GWF currently, and even though there is a wolf helmet (which is cool) and sword, there's no wolf armor, boots or arms. So I'm supposed to have a wolf helmet with a plate armor? :/
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would like to see more exotic sets, like those previously stated... Spider, Wolf, Ice. Also, some cross over between class gear for transmute would be nice too (unless this can happen and I was not aware).
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I voted for simple armor, because well... demented murderclown is not how I envision my TRs.

Second runner-up for me would be lower and middle class clothing, something in between potato sacks and all the super-fancy offerings that exist now. Noble finery on a woman is not bad, but I think the male version is incredibly dorky-looking (a problem with many male fashions). I'd like to see more everyday casual clothes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tesyratesyra Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would just like you to promise not to add any stupid stuff
    We dont want or need super-hero costumes, nor james bond tuxedos, nor french maid outfits or swimsuits etc

Keep any additions in-keeping with the setting/time/genre and youll be making most of us happy
    I guess my vote really goes to "simple", as most of the armour sets i do like are currently the level 1-30 sets, but most of those only work for me if i dont wear shirts and pants (or disable their visuals if we could)

Which raises another point
    When you say
    No need to keep mentioning the enchantment guys. The devs know we want to disable them.
    Do you mean
    "Please stop asking, our team is already hard at work on this for you" or do you mean;
    "Please stop asking for this, we have already explained we will not (or cannot) make such changes"
    Because the last official reply i saw on this subject was "you cant have them" (paraphrased), has that changed?
    I hope so
    I notice you only mention enchantment-hiding, im just as interested in shirts and pants
    No need to sidetrack the thread, just a link to the last official reply on these subjects would be great, thanks

I'd really like to see more simple stuff, much of the choices are waaaay over-embellished
    Instead of having all this shiny bejeweled <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, how about some ripped, torn, battered, scratched, rusted, rotting, full-of-holes, or dented?

Look to Game Of Thrones or Hobbit for inspiration, not World Of Warcraft or Thundercats

Id also like to see more items with less symmetry throughout the suit
    And how about some arm-slot items that only show as small bracelets, or small fingerless gloves, or some that are only on one hand/arm etc?
  • Options
    demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Voted for Lower Class, simply because that Peasant costume at that Beginner's Quest after Sleeping Dragon Bridge was neither appealing nor attractive enough.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I would just like you to promise not to add any stupid stuff
    We dont want or need super-hero costumes, nor james bond tuxedos, nor french maid outfits or swimsuits etc

Keep any additions in-keeping with the setting/time/genre and youll be making most of us happy
    THIS
    Please don't break the settting of the game with stupid costumes that have nothing to do with the rest of the game. That's one of the things that made me hate Tera. :P
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    potato sacks
    POTATO SACKS!!

I agree, I think some basic style fashions would be good too. I like most of the ladies clothes, but I really not thrilled about almost all the male clothing options.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Deity related costumes/gear. Itll make the choice one can make in the character creation a bit more meaningful.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd like to see some of the normal armors made into fashion items. For example, some wizard armor. It doesn't even need to look like what we currently have, I just would like to see some armor that I could dye that doesn't get switched out all the time without looking like a civilian.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ANd yeah, like others have already said, the female fashion sets are much looking than the male ones. Many of them look too "royal" for my tastes, the only one is like is the male courtesan one, with dark dyes it looks like a pirate of some sort.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    howdyyeowhowdyyeow Member Posts: 53
    edited March 2014
    Simple armor!

I know this is is about costumes and armor transmutes, but I would love to see some weapon cosmetics, something like a light sabre for a GWF or a water gun for a HR, rather than the usual weapon transmute options.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tesyra wrote: »
    Which raises another point
    When you sayDo you mean
    "Please stop asking, our team is already hard at work on this for you" or do you mean;
    "Please stop asking for this, we have already explained we will not (or cannot) make such changes"
    Because the last official reply i saw on this subject was "you cant have them" (paraphrased), has that changed?
    I hope so
    I notice you only mention enchantment-hiding, im just as interested in shirts and pants
    No need to sidetrack the thread, just a link to the last official reply on these subjects would be great, thanks

Neither. The devs said they are interested in adding such a feature but it is not simple to do. That requires programming modifications which the devs will not focus on just yet but will look into in the future.

This poll is for the Art Team with the intention of being additions to existing systems requiring no additional programming.
    As such please do not ask for modifications to the system but only the visual artwork that can be plugged into the game as is.

There is a huge difference in the two requests types as one is done by artists and the other is done by computer programmers and the programmers.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    adinosii wrote: »

Personally I think if they start doing this the sets will end just like WoW: carnival costumes.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Armor doesn't need to be all fancy and spiking in every direction. I like the simple look. :cool:
    Wizz_Fire.jpg