What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    devildevil21devildevil21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love this game (but ofc, since my pc is 6 years old I can only play it, and with some lag, while in minimum and low settings...) <.<

But this game, in bug issues and patch issues (generally, in and out of game issues), they have been shocking me negatively, because I want to play this game for fun, but having crashes twice in 2 days, allways some lag (ofc this one is my fault, got to get a better processor and such things), sometimes a few bugs.... <.<

This game is epic, but the bugs and other issues just make it a bit less epic (that's my opinion)... <.<
  • Options
    unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's been explained - by multiple people - why this downtime might be, and why they'd reasonably be reluctant to post every minute aspect of their efforts to pinpoint and resolve the issue. It's also been explained why they have a vested interest in returning the game to working order as swiftly as they can. And again, it's also been explained that a number of possible causes would render the "backup array" a moot point (ISP issues on their end, among others.)

Not to belabor another point, but... this is a free game, and you're making an awfully big stink for someone handed a steadily evolving and improving gift. That you've invested money of your own volition doesn't change that. Verily, taketh thee this thrice-offered pill of chill. This isn't a data center. Nobody's dialysis machine is running on Celestial Coins. Join us in our mellow support and appreciation corner, it's a nice place to be. You know you want to. :P
    Testify My Brother... I was going to post something along the same lines. I love this game...but it's ONLY that... a game.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Verily, taketh thee this thrice-offered pill of chill. This isn't a data center. Nobody's dialysis machine is running on Celestial Coins. Join us in our mellow support and appreciation corner, it's a nice place to be. You know you want to. :P

i have tears rolling down my face now, i'm laughing so hard. i am SO stealing that first sentence there! :D
  • Options
    achilleskinachilleskin Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cdrjayde66 wrote: »
    i only have one thing to say, how do you know, the issue hasn't affected any backups they may or may not have? Do YOU know what the exact issue is? I don't expect an answer but honestly fact of the matter is, its down, regardless and as soon as it comes back up...this entire convo will be gone from the minds of everyone here...lol

Seems u missed the point, and if your question leads "away from the minds here" (which i find condescending in manner), then why even come with the rebuttal?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    vidgen13 wrote: »
    81968-lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-4qke.png
    lmao..lmao....lmao...lmao
  • Options
    cdrjayde66cdrjayde66 Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2014
    on the contrary, i didn't mean anything condescending, i do apologize if it seemed that way. all i'm saying is we're on the forums because the game is down, and as such as soon as its up, we'll not be on the forums.
  • Options
    rick4003rick4003 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    killzoneex wrote: »
    Their hamster died, they are furiously trying to find a new one.

But on the plus side, tomorrow we will get a hamster-day reward pack with a powerless hamster cloak and a few bound potions. Then a zen store dire hamster companion for 2000 zen.
  • Options
    dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    f2p huh? funny how im forced to PAY for respecs after skills being nerfed to uselessness(wich should be totally free in this particular case).
    this being sayd its kinda insulting for the customers to argue about the game being "free"... -.-

allso, idc weather its PW or their ISP. ensuring your cooperating with professionals is the least thing one can expect.
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dolour79 wrote: »
    everybody who works in a data centre KNOWS that rigs die from time to time(thats why every harddrive and whatnot has an expected lifetime before failure).
    this KNOWLEDGE leads to you having a replacement BEFORE stuff gets real.
    NOT doing so is pretty much the most epic fail you can do in that business.

so what if the power is out where the data center is? and the emergency generator has had all the gas stolen or a fire broke out from a lightning strike ... or maybe they run everything on Azure and forgot to pay the bill....

if you really had a ton of experience in data centers and such, you would have realistic understanding of all the things that could go wrong, in and out of their hands. They are not running some rinky dink dot net app that can be hosted on multiple data centers for 34.50 a month... hell the cost to store they customer files alone would be significant enough to require us to have a sub fee.
  • Options
    ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Were teh cTA merchent?
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Come on, devs, stick the cartridge back in! :p
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dolour79 wrote: »
    f2p huh? funny how im forced to PAY for respecs after skills being nerfed to uselessness(wich should be totally free in this particular case).
    this being sayd its kinda insulting for the customers to argue about the game being "free"... -.-

allso, idc weather its PW or their ISP. ensuring your cooperating with professionals is the least thing one can expect.

There's a fair point there. Other games offer free respecs when a skill set undergoes a change. Should also be here.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just wish they'd give us some type of estimate...? 2 hours? 4 hours? Tomorrow?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    go a couple pages further back and read the part about "we havent figured out whats the problem".
    so nope, no data centre on fire or anything....
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Can't....control..... this urge to KILL something...Hmmm... A little Team Fortress2 should satisfy the urge. LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tf2? brilliant idea! :p
  • Options
    historicalmanhistoricalman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let's just take this as a good excuse to get to know each other instead of running around wondering "who is the ******* frozen running up this Protector's Enclave stairway," or, "who is that hot Tiefling, and is it really a girl," or, "Where did that dude get that awesome armor." Enjoy this "real world" interaction while we can. ;)
  • Options
    brisyorn94brisyorn94 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Were teh cTA merchent?

I assumed PE...
  • Options
    sirslappymcgeesirslappymcgee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Step 1: Go to the kitchen and gather a tall glass of milk, some deviled eggs, beans, and some cheese.
    Step 2: Consume supplies furiously in any order.
    Step 3: Wait patiently while a serious case of the bubble guts is steeped to perfection.
    Step 4: Reconcile said bubble guts in a forceful manner.

Congratulations, you now have a great reason not to come home for a week if you have a nose XD.
  • Options
    gryphengryphen Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On a Friday, really? No backup, no failover. Just the whole game is down?

Considering my recent/only Zen transaction was botched and now a complete fail on a Friday, think this game is giving me the clear indication to move on. I don't feel like investing in another PW waste of time.

Perfect World games are buggy as hell, but I was hoping to give this one a shot.

If they'd not let minor bugs pile into mountains of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they may not have downtimes like this during major game times. Ah well, it's FTP anyways right? So what if you put money into the game, they don't owe ya anything.. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    its 0:29 hours over here...
    the chance to go outside and enjoy the sun or anything is gone for hours allready. =(
  • Options
    draconiseabladedraconiseablade Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The least they can do is give players something for lost time. Its not like virtual goods cost them anything to distribute past development , and shows goodwill towards the customer. Since the servers dead you can't even use the gateway to set professions or farm afk tokens with companions either.
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rick4003 wrote: »
    But on the plus side, tomorrow we will get a hamster-day reward pack with a powerless hamster cloak and a few bound potions. Then a zen store dire hamster companion for 2000 zen.

lol ..Dire Hampster :)

I'd rather have the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    prolly taking your coffee for a walk around the centre will be strictly forbidden in the future.. :p

/edit:
    Don't bother trying your logic on fanboi buffoons dude. I've tried for about 15 years now and the stupidity of the majority as a whole is mind-numbing. Let it go and learn to laugh at them on the inside.
    best advice ive seen on this thread so far. thnx ;)

/edit2: @greydog: i vote holy handgrenade ~~
  • Options
    mantatermantater Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2014
    The least they can do is give players something for lost time. Its not like virtual goods cost them anything to distribute past development , and shows goodwill towards the customer. Since the servers dead you can't even use the gateway to set professions or farm afk tokens with companions either.

Weekend Warrior title? :cool:
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    greydog2 wrote: »
    lol ..Dire Hampster :)

I'd rather have the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"That's no ordinary rabbit..."
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rick4003 wrote: »

Dire Hamster companion is an augment pet. When pet is active your character says random things to it such as, "Go for the eyes, miniature giant dire hamster, go for the eyes!"
    10PM CST

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No need here for name calling or otherwise insulting other posters or staff. Also, graphical memes are not allowed, per Rules of Conduct, so please refrain from posting them.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    mountain62mountain62 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow......... so this has been going on over 4.5 hours. Good thing it's free!
This discussion has been closed.