test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lizshirako wrote: »
    ...or re-bond with your kid AND save your marriage by cooking a decent dinner for the significant other and your kid (even if the techs get access to the game back up before you finish, KEEP COOKING!)...and buy-or-make brownies as well!

Mmmm....browwwwnies..!

-liz

I did cook dinner for me and my nephew. He liked it.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    amazue70amazue70 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's my fault. I'm sorry.

I decided to uninstall and remove PWI, then reinstalled it through Arc, so now it shows up in my Arc Library. I even updated Forsaken World. I finished all the patching around 2:30-3pm eastern time, then it seems everything went bonkers.
    If it make you feel better, I have about 4 days of invokes I'm going to lose now. >.<

*offers double chocolate chip cookie*
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I still haven't heard an update but they are working on getting things up and running as soon as possible.

One thing to note though that this is the first unplanned outrage since the launch of Open Beta. It is by no means the norm. Please remain patient and hopefully when this gets resolved it will never occur again (wishful thinking)
    Maybe not server downtime. But big issues such as queue bugs and other major game issues are the norm, some are significant and still exist and have existed for a while. A small one being that you can't join fardelvers crypt on the right hand side of the screen if your team lost gauntlegrym overall. A petty issue, but one you'd assume would've been fixed considering it was released pre module 1. I would say bigger issues but then I'd be repeating myself so just gave an example of an even longer unfixed issue I've not stated instead. Still I hope the servers will be up somewhat soon.
    Its not free.

Its free to play, but its still an investment.

That being said, being someone whose worked in datacenters, and infrastructure... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens.
    They arent making money while its down, I am sure they are working furiously to fix it.

Agreed and that is what does my head in the most. They are not a charity, they made the game f2p as a business strategy to make the most money they think they can. They do not get to have a free 'oh but we're a free game' card. There are people who spend a fortune on this game and they should be held to the same standards as paid/subscription based games. Especially when things in the zen store are far from cheap. Sure if someone's not given a penny to cryptic they don't have much room to complain, but the point still holds true for those that have contributed.

Personally I find this issue annoying but aren't too bothered buy it, **** happens afterall. But I am displeased with the overall issues the game has had and still has, poor drop rates with increasingly common bop dungeon drops possibly ruining future dungeon farming and outrageous prices on some things that they have somewhat worked towards improving. Overall I've enjoyed the game but still partially wish I avoided it. /rant
    amvek wrote: »
    LOL! You forget CATURDAY? Games was down for almost all of Saturday?
    Caturday was intended server downtime due to an ah issue.
  • Options
    neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    LOL! You forget CATURDAY?

I'm a CATURDAY survivor.
  • Options
    asyncfmasyncfm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Situations like this really bring out the whiners, don't they.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    LOL! You forget CATURDAY? Games was down for almost all of Saturday?

How about The day that Dragon had hardware issues and had to be taken down for repairs? This one if I recall took 3-4 hours to fix.

This does not include emergency patches issued and game taken down.

I did forget about the Dragon Shard Issue, thanks for reminding me...so we are at nine months.

But there is a big difference between emergency maintenance where you press the off button and the system decided to shut down on its own. :)
  • Options
    ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Dire Hamster" had me laughing so hard I teared. I was squirming in my chair, my stomach cramping up from the laughter.
  • Options
    rhymenoiserhymenoise Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If this turns into /zone chat will the spambots turn up? I'd have to start building a block list here too.
  • Options
    historicalmanhistoricalman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    asyncfm wrote: »

Indeed. I'm having a nice Chardonnay myself.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    neoyoshi wrote: »
    I'm a CATURDAY survivor.

Now everybody needs a new title for this friday. I would be forgiving if I got something out of this down time :D
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    I like the visual style, just not the single programmer they seem to employ.
    lmao! prolly only a half day job even... ;o
  • Options
    brisyorn94brisyorn94 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    asyncfm wrote: »

I'm just here for the news updates...
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mod note: folks, we understand you'd much rather be playing neverwinter right now but unfortunately, until this EXTERNAL NETWORK issue is resolved, PWE is at the mercy of repair techs as much as you are.

this has nothing to do with buggy software or servers or the lack of backup servers... WAN outages do occur in the real world and back ups for most companies either involve dial up or satellite links.

we appreciate your patience and do ask that you remain respectful and constructive.

do not reply to this moderation note. instead, send us a PM if you'd like to discuss it.
  • Options
    drunkensotdrunkensot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2014
    Just reset my celestials at 6 each so they dont go down to zero because I cant log on. That would pss me off.
  • Options
    thothamon123thothamon123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi all :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I don't want to turn this into a zone chat but does anyone know if CTA will be extended from this?
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    brisyorn94 wrote: »
    I'm just here for the news updates...

i'm just here for the hilarity. i'm sitting here reading a good book while i refresh the thread occasionally. :)
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    gryphen wrote: »
    Does Neverwinter run from only one data center and one connection, no failover whatsoever?

Read the last line lol
  • Options
    spaceguerrillaspaceguerrilla Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seriously...still down? o.0
  • Options
    slaaneshihorrorslaaneshihorror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2014
    Naw but seriously, stuff like this happens.
    I actually got dishes done because of this.
    Yay for productivity.
    Greycloaks Bank Manager - Malanael Corventus.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Late to this band wagon. Just to verify, how long has the server been down/unstable? Pretty much all day judging by post times?

I feel this may be all my fault as it's the one day I decided not to log into Neverwinter, despite withdrawals, took some time out to purchase a property. It's actually nice to know I haven't missed anything though. When the servers are down I'm assuming invoking stands still, so chances are I won't have hit a reset as I assumed skipping a day would have cost me?
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    brisyorn94 wrote: »
    I don't want to turn this into a zone chat but does anyone know if CTA will be extended from this?

It has been extended a day.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i'm just here for the hilarity. i'm sitting here reading a good book while i refresh the thread occasionally. :)

Well...that's actually a good idea lol. Time to dust off those books I've been meaning to read
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow, guys try to be civil, there is really no need to get all angry over this, stuff happens. We cna only wait for it to be fixed.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    gryphengryphen Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Read the last line lol

Yeah, I follow guidelines as well as the Perfect World folks it seems.
  • Options
    malassmudgermalassmudger Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ty for keeping us updated
  • Options
    jimileusjimileus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Am I doomed to be social tonight!?
  • Options
    thothamon123thothamon123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Play Warthunder and shoot down some airplanes. and oh yea Hi all :cool:
  • Options
    draconiseabladedraconiseablade Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ukspawn wrote: »
    Late to this band wagon. Just to verify, how long has the server been down/unstable? Pretty much all day judging by post times?

I feel this may be all my fault as it's the one day I decided not to log into Neverwinter, despite withdrawals, took some time out to purchase a property. It's actually nice to know I haven't missed anything though. When the servers are down I'm assuming invoking stands still, so chances are I won't have hit a reset as I assumed skipping a day would have cost me?

Servers been laggy/buggy since like 1pm est died at around 3pm... 5 hours later
This discussion has been closed.