test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• achilleskinachilleskin Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cdrjayde66 wrote: »
    i only have one thing to say, how do you know, the issue hasn't affected any backups they may or may not have? Do YOU know what the exact issue is? I don't expect an answer but honestly fact of the matter is, its down, regardless and as soon as it comes back up...this entire convo will be gone from the minds of everyone here...lol

Seems u missed the point, and if your question leads "away from the minds here" (which i find condescending in manner), then why even come with the rebuttal?
  • unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vidgen13 wrote: »
    81968-lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-4qke.png
    lmao..lmao....lmao...lmao
  • cdrjayde66cdrjayde66 Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2014
    on the contrary, i didn't mean anything condescending, i do apologize if it seemed that way. all i'm saying is we're on the forums because the game is down, and as such as soon as its up, we'll not be on the forums.
  • rick4003rick4003 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    killzoneex wrote: »
    Their hamster died, they are furiously trying to find a new one.

But on the plus side, tomorrow we will get a hamster-day reward pack with a powerless hamster cloak and a few bound potions. Then a zen store dire hamster companion for 2000 zen.
  • dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    f2p huh? funny how im forced to PAY for respecs after skills being nerfed to uselessness(wich should be totally free in this particular case).
    this being sayd its kinda insulting for the customers to argue about the game being "free"... -.-

allso, idc weather its PW or their ISP. ensuring your cooperating with professionals is the least thing one can expect.
  • yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dolour79 wrote: »
    everybody who works in a data centre KNOWS that rigs die from time to time(thats why every harddrive and whatnot has an expected lifetime before failure).
    this KNOWLEDGE leads to you having a replacement BEFORE stuff gets real.
    NOT doing so is pretty much the most epic fail you can do in that business.

so what if the power is out where the data center is? and the emergency generator has had all the gas stolen or a fire broke out from a lightning strike ... or maybe they run everything on Azure and forgot to pay the bill....

if you really had a ton of experience in data centers and such, you would have realistic understanding of all the things that could go wrong, in and out of their hands. They are not running some rinky dink dot net app that can be hosted on multiple data centers for 34.50 a month... hell the cost to store they customer files alone would be significant enough to require us to have a sub fee.
  • ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Were teh cTA merchent?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Come on, devs, stick the cartridge back in! :p
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dolour79 wrote: »
    f2p huh? funny how im forced to PAY for respecs after skills being nerfed to uselessness(wich should be totally free in this particular case).
    this being sayd its kinda insulting for the customers to argue about the game being "free"... -.-

allso, idc weather its PW or their ISP. ensuring your cooperating with professionals is the least thing one can expect.

There's a fair point there. Other games offer free respecs when a skill set undergoes a change. Should also be here.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just wish they'd give us some type of estimate...? 2 hours? 4 hours? Tomorrow?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited March 2014
    go a couple pages further back and read the part about "we havent figured out whats the problem".
    so nope, no data centre on fire or anything....
  • unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can't....control..... this urge to KILL something...Hmmm... A little Team Fortress2 should satisfy the urge. LOL
    edited March 2014
    tf2? brilliant idea! :p
  • historicalmanhistoricalman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let's just take this as a good excuse to get to know each other instead of running around wondering "who is the ******* frozen running up this Protector's Enclave stairway," or, "who is that hot Tiefling, and is it really a girl," or, "Where did that dude get that awesome armor." Enjoy this "real world" interaction while we can. ;)
  • brisyorn94brisyorn94 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Were teh cTA merchent?

I assumed PE...
  • sirslappymcgeesirslappymcgee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Step 1: Go to the kitchen and gather a tall glass of milk, some deviled eggs, beans, and some cheese.
    Step 2: Consume supplies furiously in any order.
    Step 3: Wait patiently while a serious case of the bubble guts is steeped to perfection.
    Step 4: Reconcile said bubble guts in a forceful manner.

Congratulations, you now have a great reason not to come home for a week if you have a nose XD.
  • gryphengryphen Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On a Friday, really? No backup, no failover. Just the whole game is down?

Considering my recent/only Zen transaction was botched and now a complete fail on a Friday, think this game is giving me the clear indication to move on. I don't feel like investing in another PW waste of time.

Perfect World games are buggy as hell, but I was hoping to give this one a shot.

If they'd not let minor bugs pile into mountains of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they may not have downtimes like this during major game times. Ah well, it's FTP anyways right? So what if you put money into the game, they don't owe ya anything.. ;)
    edited March 2014
    its 0:29 hours over here...
    the chance to go outside and enjoy the sun or anything is gone for hours allready. =(
  • draconiseabladedraconiseablade Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The least they can do is give players something for lost time. Its not like virtual goods cost them anything to distribute past development , and shows goodwill towards the customer. Since the servers dead you can't even use the gateway to set professions or farm afk tokens with companions either.
  • greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rick4003 wrote: »
    But on the plus side, tomorrow we will get a hamster-day reward pack with a powerless hamster cloak and a few bound potions. Then a zen store dire hamster companion for 2000 zen.

lol ..Dire Hampster :)

I'd rather have the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
    edited March 2014
    prolly taking your coffee for a walk around the centre will be strictly forbidden in the future.. :p

/edit:
    Don't bother trying your logic on fanboi buffoons dude. I've tried for about 15 years now and the stupidity of the majority as a whole is mind-numbing. Let it go and learn to laugh at them on the inside.
    best advice ive seen on this thread so far. thnx ;)

/edit2: @greydog: i vote holy handgrenade ~~
  • mantatermantater Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2014
    The least they can do is give players something for lost time. Its not like virtual goods cost them anything to distribute past development , and shows goodwill towards the customer. Since the servers dead you can't even use the gateway to set professions or farm afk tokens with companions either.

Weekend Warrior title? :cool:
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    greydog2 wrote: »
    lol ..Dire Hampster :)

I'd rather have the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"That's no ordinary rabbit..."
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rick4003 wrote: »

Dire Hamster companion is an augment pet. When pet is active your character says random things to it such as, "Go for the eyes, miniature giant dire hamster, go for the eyes!"
    10PM CST

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No need here for name calling or otherwise insulting other posters or staff. Also, graphical memes are not allowed, per Rules of Conduct, so please refrain from posting them.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • mountain62mountain62 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow......... so this has been going on over 4.5 hours. Good thing it's free!
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lizshirako wrote: »
    ...or re-bond with your kid AND save your marriage by cooking a decent dinner for the significant other and your kid (even if the techs get access to the game back up before you finish, KEEP COOKING!)...and buy-or-make brownies as well!

Mmmm....browwwwnies..!

-liz

I did cook dinner for me and my nephew. He liked it.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • amazue70amazue70 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's my fault. I'm sorry.

I decided to uninstall and remove PWI, then reinstalled it through Arc, so now it shows up in my Arc Library. I even updated Forsaken World. I finished all the patching around 2:30-3pm eastern time, then it seems everything went bonkers.
    If it make you feel better, I have about 4 days of invokes I'm going to lose now. >.<

*offers double chocolate chip cookie*
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I still haven't heard an update but they are working on getting things up and running as soon as possible.

One thing to note though that this is the first unplanned outrage since the launch of Open Beta. It is by no means the norm. Please remain patient and hopefully when this gets resolved it will never occur again (wishful thinking)
    Maybe not server downtime. But big issues such as queue bugs and other major game issues are the norm, some are significant and still exist and have existed for a while. A small one being that you can't join fardelvers crypt on the right hand side of the screen if your team lost gauntlegrym overall. A petty issue, but one you'd assume would've been fixed considering it was released pre module 1. I would say bigger issues but then I'd be repeating myself so just gave an example of an even longer unfixed issue I've not stated instead. Still I hope the servers will be up somewhat soon.
    Its not free.

Its free to play, but its still an investment.

That being said, being someone whose worked in datacenters, and infrastructure... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens.
    They arent making money while its down, I am sure they are working furiously to fix it.

Agreed and that is what does my head in the most. They are not a charity, they made the game f2p as a business strategy to make the most money they think they can. They do not get to have a free 'oh but we're a free game' card. There are people who spend a fortune on this game and they should be held to the same standards as paid/subscription based games. Especially when things in the zen store are far from cheap. Sure if someone's not given a penny to cryptic they don't have much room to complain, but the point still holds true for those that have contributed.

Personally I find this issue annoying but aren't too bothered buy it, **** happens afterall. But I am displeased with the overall issues the game has had and still has, poor drop rates with increasingly common bop dungeon drops possibly ruining future dungeon farming and outrageous prices on some things that they have somewhat worked towards improving. Overall I've enjoyed the game but still partially wish I avoided it. /rant
    amvek wrote: »
    LOL! You forget CATURDAY? Games was down for almost all of Saturday?
    Caturday was intended server downtime due to an ah issue.
  • neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    amvek wrote: »
    LOL! You forget CATURDAY?

I'm a CATURDAY survivor.
This discussion has been closed.