test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sentinel GWF Build - PvP Focus - LEEROY JENKINS Jr.!!!

Comments

• Options
    alunatic15alunatic15 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    So... Thursday is the big day, and thus I want to throw out some thoughts for PvP IV Sentinel post Tenacity and Healing Depression.

With the above information we know Regend/Lifesteal/Unstoppable Temporary Hit Points/Prone times/etc. will be greatly impacted. I've been quite attentive in perusing the Preview Shard Forum for the past few weeks, trying to absorb much of the information that is available and disseminating it based on different persons opinions/data/supported posts/etc.

For the IV Sentinel a few things I've come to believe are pretty close to accurate...

1. IV Sentinel is still good post PvP Patch. Though Healing Depression hurts the Regen/Lifesteal, it obviously affects everyone 'equally' (depending on stat allocation of course), and the lessened incoming damage that IV Sentinels will receive evens things out over all.

2. Perfect Vorpal is a thing of the past. It will almost assuredly be solely used in PvE and no longer the end all/be all of PvP.

3. Perfect Soulforged may also be a thing of the past, as Healing Depression hurts the temporary HPs significantly as the Regen/Lifesteal options will be curtailed.

4. GWFs Takedown will have a shorter Prone time, meaning GWFs will need to be quite attentive to people knocked down.

5. Frontline Surge will still be used (Prone is still the best CC available!), though th 25% less damage will hurt a bit, the overall rotation of choice will remain the same as: Takedown + Frontline Surge + Indomitable Battle Strike

Taking these truths to be self evident...

tumblr_mia6w1TMRY1rlopfro1_250.gif

I'd like to discuss Weapon and Armor Enchantments for post PvP Patch in replacement of Perfect Vorpal and Perfect Soulforged.

What I believe to be Viable Weapon Options:

Perfect Bilethorn: +7.5% Poison damage. Additional 16% Poison damage after 4s.
    Perfect Bronzewood: Targets struck by your encounter powers become marked. While marked, your at will and encounter powers ignore -16% of the target's armor. Targets may not be marked more than once every 20 seconds.
    Perfect Feytouched: Your encounter powers siphon away 12% of your target's damage. This damage is converted into 12% more damage for you. This effect may only happen once every 20 seconds.
    Perfect Flaming: +12% Fire damage. Burn 4% of weapon damage every seconds for 3s, stacks 3 times.
    Perfect Frost: +11 % Cold damage. Reduce foe's recovery by 30% for 4s once per 20s.
    Perfect Lightning: +20% Lightning damage. 50% for 3 chains.
    Perfect Terror: You deal an additional 12% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with every swing and induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense by 20%.

Overall I feel, based on my knowledge from PvE, the highest DPS enchantment would probably be Perfect Lightning, though I believe Perfect Flaming and Perfect Terror would be comparable.

Though I must say I am leaning towards a more utility Enchantment such as Perfect Feytouched or Perfect Frost. Since Sentinel's major damage came from a high Crit + high Crit Severity and the Deep Gash Feat, I feel that post PvP Patch being more of a utility spec for your group may be more of advantage as you will not be killing opponents as fast as before.

So what are your thoughts on the above Weapon options? If you have tested any on the Preview Shard with Tenacity in effect I would love to hear your information/data! :)

What I believe to be Viable Armor Options:

Perfect Barkshield: Every 8 seconds your armor receives a charge of Bolstered Bark up to a maximum of 3 charges. When you have one charge of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 810 damage. When you have two charges of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 1620 damage. When you have three charges of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 2430 damage. Whenever someone attempts to deal damage to you one charge of Bolstered Bark is consumed.
    Perfect Negation: On receiving damage 20% chance to increase your damage resistance by 25% for 7s once every 60s.

The Armor situation I am more confident as I see the options as extremely limited and I believe Perfect Barkshield is hands down the way to go for most players/classes. It just seems obvious based on the available information/knowledge, but if you believe I am wrong please chime in...

So there you have it, some theorycrafting for the Post-PvP Patch environment.

Thoughts? :cool:

What do you think of Lifedrinker + bloodtheft?
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    alunatic15 wrote: »
    What do you think of Lifedrinker + bloodtheft?
    Pre-PvP Patch, not very good at all.

Post-PvP Patch, probably even worse with Healing Depression.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    alunatic15alunatic15 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Pre-PvP Patch, not very good at all.

Post-PvP Patch, probably even worse with Healing Depression.

really don't know if I should sell my P.vorpal for P terror now >_>.

Its going to be that bad uh?
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As for the Barkshield. I'm not using one but few months ago did some testing on normal version &...the biggest issue was that if I had one charge on (let's agree its to absorb 300 damage - don't remember the actual numbers) it was depleted even if I took 1 point of damage.

Is this still true? or am I terribly wrong here.....
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Here is a few pics of what my color scheme, and Armor/Weapon Enchantments will be for the first part of testing post-PvP patch...

Bilethorn1_zpsd316912b.pngBarkshield1_zps07f6789b.png
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    alunatic15 wrote: »
    really don't know if I should sell my P.vorpal for P terror now >_>.

Its going to be that bad uh?
    I'd definitely keep your Terror, and Vorpal is still King for PvE! Just from everything I read, it will no longer be the end all be all of PvP...

kemi1984 wrote: »
    As for the Barkshield. I'm not using one but few months ago did some testing on normal version &...the biggest issue was that if I had one charge on (let's agree its to absorb 300 damage - don't remember the actual numbers) it was depleted even if I took 1 point of damage.
    The amount of damage it absorbs is dependent on the quality of the Enchantment, but it will stop whatever the next amount of damage is... Hit/Bleed/etc.
    kemi1984 wrote: »
    Is this still true? or am I terribly wrong here.....
    I don't think you're wrong, but I still think the Enchantment is good and worth testing! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    al3xmerceral3xmercer Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was about to buy Perfect Vorpal+SF for pvp and pve both, what would you recommend? I want to be balancedon both sides pvp-pve...
    Your Touch MY BLISS!
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I think it is too early to draw any conclusion before the patch are on live and people have done enough games to tell.

I remember when they annouced the SF change a while back, everyone in Preview say it is trash. And I do mean everyone, from pug PVP player to elite PVP guild members.

But guess what? SF turns out to be even better...

This time it is safe to say it won't get better, but has it really gone to the point of being a bad choice? I belive that is something remained to be unfold.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think it is too early to draw any conclusion before the patch are on live and people have done enough games to tell.

I remember when they annouced the SF change a while back, everyone in Preview say it is trash. And I do mean everyone, from pug PVP player to elite PVP guild members.

But guess what? SF turns out to be even better...

This time it is safe to say it won't get better, but has it really gone to the point of being a bad choice? I belive that is something remained to be unfold.

I don't remember people saying SF was going to be trash back then.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    I don't remember people saying SF was going to be trash back then.

Many CW think so. Alone with TR. I know many people switch out soulforged during that time to find a better replacement.

And that include Mel. So yeah they might not have said it but in their heart everyone think it was gonna be bad.
  • Options
    dangermerlockdangermerlock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey man I've been following most of your builds for my gwf and they worked out great for what I can get. this question is less about build stuff since my and I guild are theorycrafting post-patch stuff.

This is mostly cosmetic what is your mask and where did you get it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014

It's called a Demolitionist's Helm, and while I forget which quest drops it, it's actually a BoE item so you can buy them on the AH pretty cheaply.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dangermerlockdangermerlock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for that beckylunatic
  • Options
    gameisfreetowingameisfreetowin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    did you get a chance to play? 9pm pst servers go down to fix the pvp and the ioun stone award glitch
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    al3xmercer wrote: »
    I was about to buy Perfect Vorpal+SF for pvp and pve both, what would you recommend? I want to be balancedon both sides pvp-pve...
    For PvE they are definitely worth it, PvP remains to be seen post patch...

This time it is safe to say it won't get better, but has it really gone to the point of being a bad choice? I believe that is something remained to be unfold.
    Exactly. :)

Hey man I've been following most of your builds for my gwf and they worked out great for what I can get. this question is less about build stuff since my and I guild are theorycrafting post-patch stuff.
    Glad to be of help mi amigo!
    beckylunatic is correct it is the Uncommon Demolitionist's Helm, and can be bought on the AH for relatively cheap, around a few k AD. :cool:

did you get a chance to play? 9pm pst servers go down to fix the pvp and the ioun stone award glitch
    Not much, busy day... Tried to Q, no luck...

I am liking the new Sentinel Grim Duelist gear as getting to 55% Deflection chance (with Weapon Master stacks) seems pretty **** spiffy to me! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Hey Kola,

I been running a Greater plague fire and a Perfect bile Thorn on my weapons in PvP since new patch. I myself really can not tell a dIfference in numbers. You or anyone see a big dmg dif? Or ya think its just personal preference?

Thanks again for all the info! Oh one more thing, any thoughts on using the elven battle armor for the 200% resistance to slow and control effects?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tybrus8 wrote: »
    Hey Kola,
    Hey there bud! :cool:
    I been running a Greater plague fire and a Perfect bile Thorn on my weapons in PvP since new patch. I myself really can not tell a difference in numbers. You or anyone see a big dmg dif? Or ya think its just personal preference?
    Honestly I've played about 10 PvP matches, and been rocking Bilethorn the entire time... This sort of testing, for me, is going to be a looooong process as I feel every enchantment brings something good to the table. It may end up being a personal preference thing, until one really ends up shining above the others...
    Thanks again for all the info! Oh one more thing, any thoughts on using the elven battle armor for the 200% resistance to slow and control effects?
    You're welcome mi amigo, no worries... I am considering that, though I have been pleasantly surprised with the results of Barkshield.

Paraphrasing PvP friend of mine, who can chime in to take credit if they want, after we had a chat: "In theorycrafting, and some practice, Barkshield will be the better enchantment if you and your team are good. By this we mean that you are aware of your charges, you use footwork/placement to have recharge time take effect, and your team is able to prioritize targets and defeat another team efficiently. If you are PUGing, or your skill/team skill is lower, then Elven Battle is probably better as it's always on, you don't have to 'think' about it, the longer/less efficient encounter makes its continuous effects more pronounced."

Hope that helps!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Awsome,
    Thanks Kola, I have the privlage of running with my guild , So unless we come up against the big time PvP guilds we are usually ok. Anyway thanks again! Been reading your stuff since game started, i feel like i know you! ( might be the scotch talking) Be well buddy!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Awsome,
    Thanks Kola, I have the privlage of running with my guild , So unless we come up against the big time PvP guilds we are usually ok. Anyway thanks again! Been reading your stuff since game started, i feel like i know you! ( might be the scotch talking) Be well buddy!
    It's all good in the proverbial hood... Happy to be of service, as all the discussions helps me also! :cool:

*high five* Keep rocking man!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Following this now for more than pleasure reading reasons. Wizards and magic will always be my love, but this is a bad time for spellcraft.

This is a good time for huge swords!
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Following this now for more than pleasure reading reasons. Wizards and magic will always be my love, but this is a bad time for spellcraft.

This is a good time for huge swords!

oh come on stop crying if anything cw now better then ever in pvp dies a lot harder lost very litle dps if anything cw is the biggest winer of this update
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    oh come on stop crying if anything cw now better then ever in pvp dies a lot harder lost very litle dps if anything cw is the biggest winer of this update

Saying these things makes you look bad and uneducated in the game matters.

It's not my fault if you met PvP R10 CWs with your PvE R7 GF or whatever and got destroyed.

Don't talk like you know CWs, because your comments on them show your ignorance. If you wanna continue the conversation, I suggest you send a PM, instead of filling Leeroy's guide with useless offtopic posts.

Also I have rolled GWF halfling and HR as well. It's not a lie, and I'm leveling them now. If you think I did this because I really wanna do the same quests yet again, lol, nothing else that I can say.
  • Options
    doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love playing my CW more than my GWF after update....squishy as hell but hits so hard
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Saying these things makes you look bad and uneducated in the game matters.

It's not my fault if you met PvP R10 CWs with your PvE R7 GF or whatever and got destroyed.

Don't talk like you know CWs, because your comments on them show your ignorance. If you wanna continue the conversation, I suggest you send a PM, instead of filling Leeroy's guide with useless offtopic posts.

Also I have rolled GWF halfling and HR as well. It's not a lie, and I'm leveling them now. If you think I did this because I really wanna do the same quests yet again, lol, nothing else that I can say.
    so do u need to come on every thread and complain how cw is to weak when it is not and im not the one who came on someones guide to cry how my cw is weak and gwf op
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm not a mod, but I am the OP of this thread...

Please do not engage in personal flames here. Period.

do-you-understand.gif

Warpet, the 'crying' comment was an necessary beginning, would you mind editing it?

Persephone, gotta be patient sometimes mi amigo!

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled fun times in my thread... :cool:

7e2a630f.jpg
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ortolanooortolanoo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tested the perfect bilethorn and the Greater plaguefire... Vorpal forever!
    ortolanda - Tr
    ortolano - Gwf (pve)
    ortolano. - Gwf (pvp)
    .ortolano - HR (pvp)

N e v e r w i n t e r O r d e r
  • Options
    wrecsworldwrecsworld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Have you tried the P lightning and flaming? Vorpal is still better?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ortolanoo wrote: »
    Tested the perfect bilethorn and the Greater plaguefire... Vorpal forever!
    Definitely could be DPS wise!

Though my crit dropped 5-7% because I am using the full Grim Sentinel Set, as my HP is just over 40k with it + Runestones as I like the 4x Set Bonus of 5% Deflect and Slow effect better then an additional 1800HP and different stats.

That's just a personal preference... Gonna give Perfect Lifedrinker a try. Might as well find out, right? :)
    wrecsworld wrote: »
    Have you tried the P lightning and flaming? Vorpal is still better?
    I haven't yet personally, but we have time to figure it out...
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Greetings all!

Small update... The PvP Ques are now much better as most people have a more static ELO based on the system, which is greatly increasing the time I can PvP. This past weekend was a tad slow for me on Neverwinter as I had a slew of things to do. However this morning I got back on for a bit and was able to PUG a few PvP matches.

The best one was the one where my group got slaughtered as I had one of the best fights yet in it... So it was a random PUG in Rivenscar Ruins, as I said, and two people went to our Home Node and two others followed me to The Middle Node. The enemy team was a premade from Exodus and I believe had 3-4 people there (1-2 were back capping their home base). I went after their DC, and the remaining CW(s) and a GF took out the other two people with me right quick. I popped my Emblem of Seldarine but that didn't save them either. They then began to focus fire me down. Suffice it to say I began to melt fast, and I saw my HP fly down to 10-15% with no hope in sight of my team assisting me, so I channeled the 'Tao of Disengagement' and hit the eject button and began to sprint away towards the enemy team base stairwell. Obviously going for a pot!

By the time I turned the corner to break line of sight the ranged DPS had me down to less then 5% HP left... I made it up the stairs to the Pot, and turned the corner on the last portion of the stairs. As I did so I swiveled my mouse to take a quick peek behind me, assuming a few of the Exodus crew would be behind me! Only person I saw was the GF, so knowing I had broken his line of sight, I made an about face on my mount and lined up my Frontline Surge and hit him as he rounded the corner... Thus began a good 2-3min fight (maybe longer?) where we constantly knocked each other prone and kept wailing away at each other.

This is how I felt most of the fight:

AliDodge.gif

Except instead of dodging I blocked the punches to my face! lol :cool:

This was easily one of the best/hardest 1v1s I've had. When he got up from the initial Frontline Surge combo I was at about 30% health with him at 70ish% or so. My Perfect Lifedrinker 100% kept me in this fight as he promptly prone combo'd be. He ended up popping his artifact, and I used a healing potion and eventually had to reQ Seldarine, but eventually I whittled him down as I continued to grow in HP to finally kill him...

I then went back to see if my team was doing anything of importance but alas they continued to pray at the altar of the god of much suckage and we didn't stand a chance. :)

Still had a great time, and learning the rotations/footwork/fighting against the desire to use Frontline/IBS without Takedown online is still a learning process... But it's getting better and better!

hooray.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ottoarcottoarc Member Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    ok i think i had some trouble with my gwp at will-threatening rush..my problem is when im sprinting toward the enemy and use threat rush..it will rush to the enemy but suddenly my threat rush did not hit the enemy and like back for a few feet..ok is like when i click my right mouse..threat rush animation show up and rushing to the target..although the target did not do anything to avoid it..but when my animation threat rush reach the target and it fall back a few steps ..so that mean i did not manage to hit the target at all..

sorry for bad english and off topic post here kolatmaster..but really hope someone can help me out..is that my computer graphic card not good enough ?because basically i did nt saw this happen on other gwp when they threat rush me..please help