test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sentinel GWF Build - PvP Focus - LEEROY JENKINS Jr.!!!

Comments

• Options
    squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2014
    Hey Leeroy, is it possible to stack my stats to the ones below?

40,000 HP + -
    25% deflect chance.
    2k Arm Pen
    1.5k Regen

Previously, i had 30k hp, 700 Regen with 2k Arm Pen. After swapping out some rings and belts, my current stat is:

35k hp
    1.3-1.4k regen
    1.5k arm Pen

Is it possible to get 2k Arm Pen while maintaining 35k hp or possibly increase it to 40k? (I already have blue HP rings + belts + water + lantern + bloodcrystal)

Any insights? :)

ps: I only have enough AD for Rank 7 enchants and I'm already using them.

edit: Is it better to stack regen or life steal for tankiness in order to hold a point
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey Leeroy, is it possible to stack my stats to the ones below?

40,000 HP + -
    25% deflect chance.
    2k Arm Pen
    1.5k Regen

Previously, i had 30k hp, 700 Regen with 2k Arm Pen. After swapping out some rings and belts, my current stat is:

35k hp
    1.3-1.4k regen
    1.5k arm Pen

Is it possible to get 2k Arm Pen while maintaining 35k hp or possibly increase it to 40k? (I already have blue HP rings + belts + water + lantern + bloodcrystal)

Any insights? :)

ps: I only have enough AD for Rank 7 enchants and I'm already using them.

edit: Is it better to stack regen or life steal for tankiness in order to hold a point
    Are you speaking for PvP w/companions or w/o?

With companions you can most definitely do that... W/o companion's I will have to take a look, but it may be.

Traveling right now, but I will take a look when I get back. :)

Rank7s are perfectly fine!

I'd say Regen is better overall for holding a point, but a healthy balance between the two is good.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Are you speaking for PvP w/companions or w/o?

With companions you can most definitely do that... W/o companion's I will have to take a look, but it may be.

Traveling right now, but I will take a look when I get back. :)

Rank7s are perfectly fine!

I'd say Regen is better overall for holding a point, but a healthy balance between the two is good.

Without companions since my companions cant help me in the Hotenow and the other pvp map.

Anyway, what would be the perfect balance? 1500 regen 1000 lifesteal?

What's your take on that?
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Without companions since my companions cant help me in the Hotenow and the other pvp map.

I believe kolatmaster was thinking you were referring to the Module 3 PVP that has companions which is why he asked you that question
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I believe kolatmaster was thinking you were referring to the Module 3 PVP that has companions which is why he asked you that question

Wait... So now in module 3 i can bring my stone along to pvp?

Is this exclusive for the new pvp map?

Or

Is this also viable in pvp maps of older content
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Correct! :)
    Wait... So now in module 3 i can bring my stone along to pvp?

Is this exclusive for the new pvp map?

Or

Is this also viable in pvp maps of older content
    Companions are viable for the new Icewind Dale instances, not old Domination maps or GG. Hope that helps! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey Kolat, what are your updated build for mod 3 pvp? :D
  • Options
    dodgerevasiondodgerevasion Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Kolatmaster, which is a great combination of artifacts for PVP? I'm currently using: Water, Bloodcrystal and Emblem of Celderine.
    * Any opinion / review with the new artifacts?

Thanks agains!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey Kolat, what are your updated build for mod 3 pvp? :D
    I plan on posting that this weekend... :)

Kolatmaster, which is a great combination of artifacts for PVP? I'm currently using: Water, Bloodcrystal and Emblem of Celderine.
    * Any opinion / review with the new artifacts?
    For PvP I dropped the Emblem for the new GWF artifact currently, so that plus Waters/Bloodcrystal is my load out.
    Thanks agains!
    You're welcome! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I plan on posting that this weekend... :)

For PvP I dropped the Emblem for the new GWF artifact currently, so that plus Waters/Bloodcrystal is my load out.

Hoping for an updated build with tenacity items as well :P I would like to see that :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hoping for an updated build with tenacity items as well :P I would like to see that :D
    Well since this is a PvP toon, Tenacity gear will probably be included... ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    lololo9lo9lolololo9lo9lo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey Kolat

a little question , im worried about the fact that Destroyer is now the way to go for pvp.
    Is sentinel still a viable path for pvp or does it kind of stinks right now ? I'm still leveling my gwf so i'm not sure what build to use at 60 ..

Thanks !
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well since this is a PvP toon, Tenacity gear will probably be included... ;)

just a quick question, does your toon have profound weapons?

If they do, which one is it? Sentinel, Instigator, destroyer?

I have 40k glory and i dont know what should i spend on.

If i get the accessories, i might lose stats such as regen,hp and Arm Pen

However, i need to get my tenacity to 1000. Currently at 800 lol

this sucks
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey Kolat
    Hey bud!
    a little question , im worried about the fact that Destroyer is now the way to go for pvp.
    Is sentinel still a viable path for pvp or does it kind of stinks right now ? I'm still leveling my gwf so i'm not sure what build to use at 60 ..
    I think both are viable for PvP... Destro is more for intercepting, protecting your home base, and can be an absolute terror at mid base with a DC. Sentinel is fine for base holding, be it 1, 2, or 3. You survivability, particularly with the Purified Black Ice weapons/armor is just going to be stupid. :)
    Thanks !
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    lololo9lo9lolololo9lo9lo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And how is Sent in open PvP ?

thanks for the quick answer btw
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    And how is Sent in open PvP ?
    I have a blast with a Sentinel in Open PvP... Blacksmith, Rust Monster, Renegade Evoker, and Sylph for the win! (Plus Ioun Stone of course!) ;)
    thanks for the quick answer btw
    You're welcome bud!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ilawfullilawfull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have a blast with a Sentinel in Open PvP... Blacksmith, Rust Monster, Renegade Evoker, and Sylph for the win! (Plus Ioun Stone of course!) ;)

You're welcome bud!

Is it really worth it to take enraged over shadow touch considering the heal debuff?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ilawfull wrote: »
    Is it really worth it to take enraged over shadow touch considering the heal debuff?
    I'd say so yes, however if someone with a lot of Premade experience (where good Clerics are much more common) would care to differ from my opinion I'd be fine conceding the point... Rampaging Madness is always useful, no matter what match up you're in, and that's where it's better IMO.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    krazypunk117krazypunk117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey kolatmaster, it seems like you haven't update the OP for a while and I was wondering if you were going to update it for Mod3 cause I'm really interested in your guide :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey kolatmaster, it seems like you haven't update the OP for a while and I was wondering if you were going to update it for Mod3 cause I'm really interested in your guide :D

I can't wait too :D
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Here are my PvE stats:

PvEStats1_zpsd61a8880.png

PvEStats4_zps6e383c67.png

PvEStats2_zps792fa199.png

PvEStats5_zps5b38300d.png

What the ...!!!, I'm a GF and just saw this, how a GWF with 1080 Deflect can surpas my Deflect Chance in my GF with 2900!!!.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    What the ...!!!, I'm a GF and just saw this, how a GWF with 1080 Deflect can surpas my Deflect Chance in my GF with 2900!!!.
    My Grim Sentinel Armor set's 4 set bonus is +5% Deflection, plus my feat Scale Agility gives me +5% Deflection... That probably helps a bit! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi kolatmaster. This this build still good for domination? How about mod 3 open world PvP? I've seen some GWFs successfully using the full profound destro gear.

Also could you post your gateway web address pleasee? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    Hi kolatmaster. This this build still good for domination? How about mod 3 open world PvP? I've seen some GWFs successfully using the full profound destro gear.
    It is definitely solid for both... And Destro Grim is definitely usable, I just chose to go for the survivability route alternating with Sentinel/Instigator. :)
    Also could you post your gateway web address pleasee? ;)
    http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(LEEROY%20JENKINS%20Jr.@MakeCocktailsNotWar)/charactersheet
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Hahah your helm is hilarious!! It looks like a totem pole head. What did you transmute it to?
    Also, how successful do you think a destro BUILD will be? Someone on forums told me that destros are sacrificing 8% defense and some deflect in exchange for insane damage. Then another person said that someone tested a destro build with full rank 10s but concluded that compared to sent, it massively under-preformed. Sooo...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hahah your helm is hilarious!! It looks like a totem pole head. What did you transmute it to?
    Also, how successful do you think a destro BUILD will be? Someone on forums told me that destros are sacrificing 8% defense and some deflect in exchange for insane damage. Then another person said that someone tested a destro build with full rank 10s but concluded that compared to sent, it massively under-preformed. Sooo...?
    It is the Demolitionist's Helm from Whispering Cavern's Drueger boss... It's a green and should be in the AH. :)

I think Destro is extremely viable right now. If you want more offense, go that way... If you want to hold a node as long as possible, then go with Sentinel!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I switched to destroyer about four days after mod 3. I use the same gear.

-Overall net gain between damage gained/Tankiness lost
    -For GWF PVP, Tankiness is more important.

Overall it balances out. Survivability is more important than dps in pvp. But you do gain a little more offense than the defense you lose. It's hard to say, but I feel the new destroyer is about equal to the new sentinel in PvP. Neither are as good as Sent/IV pre-mod 3 however.
  • Options
    krazypunk117krazypunk117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey kolatmaster sorry to bother you, I know you must be a busy person especially trying out the new mod 3 stuff but I really want to roll a GWF and focus mainly on PvP. Do you recommend I should make on now? and work with the info you gave in the beginning or wait till you update it? Unless you're not changing the powers and feats and only really looking at the mod 3 stuff. Just give me the thumbs up if I should make one with the info you have before you update it? :D
  • Options
    crossie13crossie13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    I switched to destroyer about four days after mod 3. I use the same gear.

-Overall net gain between damage gained/Tankiness lost
    -For GWF PVP, Tankiness is more important.

Overall it balances out. Survivability is more important than dps in pvp. But you do gain a little more offense than the defense you lose. It's hard to say, but I feel the new destroyer is about equal to the new sentinel in PvP. Neither are as good as Sent/IV pre-mod 3 however.

I have a PVE GWF, but I recently made a PVP GWF that I'm almost 60 with. I decided to go the Destroyer route as well after the mod 3 changes since I prefer having a little more damage. I'm curious what your set up looks like. I've heard from some Destroyers that they still wear the Sentinel set and enchant as defensively as possible. What type of gear should I be looking at? I prefer the roaming playstyle rather than sitting on a node for as long as possible.
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well we don't quite know how good the black ice gear will be, although we should see some people using 2-set pieces soon.

I recommend sentinel's grim/profound for 4-set. After that you have some options but most of the rest of your gear should be focused on tankiness.

Weapons: you can go any of the grim/profound, ancient castle,of the dread legion, fomorian fabled, fallen dragon. Preferably Fomorian, Ancient Castle, of the dread legion/grim/profound in that order.

Neck, Rings, Waist: If you're wearing any of the PVE weapon sets you will want to go pure defense, this means things like dominator's cloak, amulet of vitality/renewal, greater ring of health, greater ring of repulsion, vital ring of, vital belt of, thickgristle's, and of course if you don't want to spend anymore AD you can always get the pvp 'of warding'. If you already have 'renewing ring/belt of' and don't want to spend the extra AD, they are still good for IV/Destro.

If you're wearing the PVP weapons then you can do any of the above for more tankiness, but I've seen some GWFs do well with the 'of dominance' pvp items, although I'd probably still use at least 2 of the items listed above, preferably the +HP items in that case over regen.

Shirt, Pants: pick a set, personally I prefer the one with deflect and armor pen.

Artifacts: Waters as high rank as you can, Blood Crystal preferably at least rank 60, emblem would be the ideal next artifact but sigil of the great weapon(class artifact) has good stats on it has well, either one as high rank as possible. If you can't get waters or sigil to rank 60+ then focus on getting bloodcrystal to rank 60 first, then work on the rest.
    Priority is: Bloodcrystal rank 60 -> Waters rank 60 -> Sigil GWF rank 60 -> Waters rank 99/100 -> Sigil GWF 99/100 -> Bloodcrystal rank 99/100.

Enchants: All radiants for defense slots, Ignore Resistance to at least -25%. This usually means a little over 1000 ArPen minimum if you have 24 CON. After which point you can put any offense enchants you want, but most people would recommend to just stack more ArPen which works as well.

Armor/Weapon enchant: with soulforge stealth nerf to GWFs, it's hard to say what the best armor enchant is, but I personally prefer Barkshield at this point. If your destroyer, Greater Plague Fire is the weapon enchant you will want, it adds destroyer's purpose stacks which you will rarely get to 20 without some kind of dot within the timeframe of one unstoppable, it also gives the equivalent of 6-7% ignore resistance. However if your using your PVE GWF's Vorpal for example, it will still be good and has higher potential damage.

As destroyer, you need to be able to survive as long as possible because your first rotation will have negligible increased damage over IV/Sent, they almost do the same amount of damage before certain conditions are met and sometimes will do less damage than IV/Sent. It's not until you have your destroyer's purpose stacks or the enemy's life is low, or a combination of the two that you will start having noticeably more damage than IV/Sent. This means you have to survive long enough for a second rotation, otherwise you might as well be IV/Sent. And this is the reason we stack tankiness gear as IV/Destroyer.

Going for more dps oriented gear could be an option but you would want to play much more 'in and out' of the fight because you will be in some cases less survivable than other classes that are considered squishy. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a friend that you play with often that is a DC, at which point I still don't think it would be better, just an option.