test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sentinel GWF Build - PvP Focus - LEEROY JENKINS Jr.!!!

kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Greetings all!

After spending weeks on end perusing the Preview Shard Forums, and after having pretty much maxed out my PvE GWFs, I decided to create a purely PvP spec’d GWF for the upcoming Mod 3 changes. Without further ado I present…

LEEROY JENKINS Jr.!!!

PvPFashion2_zps5cd972c5.pngPvPFashion1_zps9ec87289.png

Just a note, for those who may not be aware, I have been purely PvE focused since the beginning of the game and all my other GWFs are PvE spec’d. I’ve PvP’d a bit just for lulz over the months, and also to grind out the Blood Crystal Raven Skull. Recently I’ve kinda got hooked, and am enjoying it more… It’s the competitive nature within me and the fact we’ll soon have legit match making/ranking system, so I thought, why the hell not? *wink*

NEWS FLASH: Con/Dex Halflings are the hawtness for GWFs in PvP! Film at 11…

Ok, just to put this out there this ‘guide’ won’t have anything ‘new’ or particularly ama-za-zing as there are plenty of better PvPers and/or builds out there. This is hardly original, so be forewarned! Lol

My base stats were:

16 Strength
16 Constitution
16 Dexterity
11 Intelligence
10 Wisdom
10 Charisma

I placed 6 points in Con/Dex as I leveled, and here are my final stats (PvP Gear):

PvPStats1_zps446f6d5f.png

My chosen/current PvP gear is as follows:

PvPStats5_zps71dc0960.png

Pretty self-explanatory, though I went with a Defensive slotted neck piece for an extra Radiant Enchantment, and I also have the Rings of Repulsion to use if I want. Currently grinding out my Blood Crystal Raven Skull which will probably take the place of my Lantern of Revelation initially, and we’ll see how that goes from there! I’ll also be grinding out VT/MC for the Fallen Dragon Swordknot and the Fomorian Fabled Swordknot as time goes on to upgrade my weapon. I do have the Greatsword of the Titan, but I really like the extra +450 Crit Strike from the set bonus.

Enchantment wise I am rocking Perfect Soulforged and Perfect Vorpal, duh!

Boon wise I picked/will pick…

Sharandar:
Dark Fey Warden, Fey Elusiveness, Feywilds Fortitude, Elven Tranquility, and Fey Thistle

Dread Ring:
Conjuror’s Gambit, Illusory Regeneration, Forbidden Piercing, Enraged Regrowth, and Endless Consumption
va8Ru.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Here are more of my PvP stat numbers:

PvPStats3_zpsbdf0844e.png

PvPStats2_zps8330e716.png

PvPStats4_zpsbb0bbb86.png

You can see the distribution above, and again this is more for viewing pleasure, but any suggestions let me know!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    This is my PvE look with a Perfect Frostburn for Armor and a Perfect Frost for my weapon:

PvPFashion3_zps5c02fb2d.pngPvEFashion_zps7a6e61b2.png

Why the Cold focus? Because it looks effing amazing that’s why! :D

I’d like to note the Frost Enchantment has been pretty darn snazzy from a CC perspective as the slow/recovery effect is really noticeable and lets me hit things more before they hit me. Not that I do a lot of damage, but it’s cool… Pun! Lol

Also I may eventually test it out in PvP just for fun to see if it actually does anything of important and I will report back here!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Here are my PvE stats:

PvEStats1_zpsd61a8880.png

PvEStats4_zps6e383c67.png

PvEStats2_zps792fa199.png

PvEStats5_zps5b38300d.png
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    And more along with my companion thrown in!

PvEStats6_zps2a715874.png

PvEStats3_zps7c94f9a9.png
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Here are my Powers/Feats, and again no major surprise as its obvious what to take given all the other awesome guides out there:

image_zpsf16ff2ec.png

image1_zps620a4171.png
    image2_zpsf17ab45b.png

My PvP Encounter Rotation is...

At-Will:

Threatening Rush
    Sure Strike

Encounters:

Takedown
    Indomitable Battle Strike
    Frontline Surge

Dailies:

Indomitable Strength
    Avalanche of Steel

Passives:

Weapon Master
    Bravery
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Please note this was written well before Mod 2 went live, so a lot has to be updated! :cool:

The Tao of Disengaging - PvP Theorycrafting for GWF

What I have begun to do is quite simply really... At the beginning of the queue I suggest that I (if the only GWF in the group) go just beyond Flag 2 while the other four members of the team go to the actually cap the mid Flag 2. My role here is to kill/disrupt the CWs/HRs that tend to stand off the point. I'll run around other GFs/GWFs and focus those specific classes and/or the DC. Then I continue on to the opponents Flag 3, and camp it until one or two members of the opposing team come to interfere. When they do come, I am looking to make the fight last as long as possible while having my opponents use as many of their abilities as they can. Once I am down to 25% or lower hitpoints, I start paying close attention to their level of hitpoints/what they have used/if reinforcements are coming/etc. Once the determination is made that I believe my defeat is inevitable, I disengage w/Sprinting away. Immediately going to the nearest Health Pot, or my teams DC (if we have one).

Disengaging can have people chase you or spend time capping the flag you were already on. Thus taking points away from the opposing team. I then heal and make a determination to return if I feel there is a single opponent I can take out (after previously damaging them), or swing back through Flag 2 to assist my teammates as necessary by 'sniping' out someone low on HPs. Once that is done, I begin to roam around again. Constantly trying to engage someone 1v1 or even 1v2 (if they are cumulatively low on HPs) thereby tying them up as the rest of my team controls the mid Flag and/or engages in battle at another flag.

The ability of the GWF to be able to resist CC with Unstoppable, Sprinting away from any fight we want to, and be able to take a healthy amount of damage, is something we must strive (particularly in PvP) to use to our advantage. The goal is to cost the opponent more then it is worth to kill you. If you 1v1 a TR or a CW that is one less TR/CW that is engaging the rest of your team. You CAN survive them, and also put a healthy amount of damage to them, and kite them away from more 'valuable' targets. We are insanely mobile when you look at Unstoppable/Sprint. To be a true asset to the team, we must utilize this to our utmost advantage.

Please feel free to use this tactic, the Tao of Disengaging, as you see fit. Thus far I have been pleasantly surprised, and I feel it is a valid topic of discussion! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The above post, the ‘Tao of Disengagement”, is something I wrote a while ago, and I’m leaving it here for posterity as it needs major updating. The game theory has evolved a bit, and I’ll be editing this in the coming days/weeks to reflect as I get my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> handed to me by the actually good PvPers out there. It will become a diary of sorts as I attempt to become somewhat passable at PvP… Should hella fun mi amigos! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    So just got my butt handed to me in a PUG where a few members of Synergy were on the other side... A particularly good Sentinel also, so as I was 'slowly' getting my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kicked I watched his rotations and had a great time.

Saw a bit of jumping around, running off then Threatening Rushing back in to do a Sure Strike combo, and waiting for a full rotation to come up. I also noticed an impulse I have to use my Encounter Powers as often as possible, which I need to correct. Should be just 'spamming' Take Down as much as possible and saving Frontline Surge and Indomitable Battle Strike for when I can actually prone someone...

1519921-deadpool_104.jpg

Lessons learned! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Greetings all!

Just another random update from my adventures in PvP...

After two days I got enough Glory for the Blood Crystal Raven Skull, which I'll be getting up to Level 99 ASAP as more Regen and Stamina % Increase is good times! :cool:

Still have a LOT to learn, but some things are getting better. My rotations are steadily getting more systematic. By this I mean I'm trying to be focused on my rotations while still fighting against my natural urge in PvE to do as much DPS as fast as possible! It's quite tactical that you must be aware of your cool downs and do your utmost to maximize rotations in the order that they are available.

Example: Threatening Rush then Takedown then Threatening Rush then Frontline Surge then Threatening Rush then Indomitable Battle Strike and then Threatening Rush followed by Sure Strike

Now, that's the standard I am trying to set. As yet I am not sure if I need to weave some Sure Strike rotations in the middle of that as still getting used to the exact time my opponents are Prone, etc. By standard I mean habit, kind of like in PvE when you know the specifics of a boss fight and you know the Witherers in the 1st Boss of Malabog's Castle get respawned in X time, you get a general 'feel' of when they should be coming up again. That's the kind of rhythm I'm trying to get into with PvP. Now that doesn't mean I should remain static in what I am doing, my movement needs a lot of work. Knowing that when fighting GFs/GWFs they can/will knock you back/prone, so try and stay away from the edges of the platform at points 1/3 to avoid falling off the ledge when that happens as that will simply lead to the enemy capping free points as you recover and run back up to contest again.

Had a random pug the other day where I faced a premade from Exodus and they had two really good GWFs on their team. Was a pleasure watching their movement/rotations. I think we lost 1000-400ish or something like that... I went 3-1, but the lack of dying wasn't really based on any grand skill on my part, I just utilized the 'Tao of Disengagement' when I got really low versus more then one opponent. Both GWFs got me 1v1 for a few minutes each a few times, the majority of those fights they had the advantage as their rotations were much better then mine. No wasted Encounter Powers when someone is Unstoppable, good position on the point, good use of knockback effects and then moving back to the point to contest control, etc.

So definitely a good time, and the education continues as my butt continues to get kicked...

78707-billy-madison-gif-Adam-Sandler-DkMw.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hi again kolatmaster,

we on mmominds.com love the work you have been doing so can we add your build to mmominds.com?????
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    hi again kolatmaster,

we on mmominds.com love the work you have been doing so can we add your build to mmominds.com?????
    Of course! :cool:

Take this good work and share it with the masses of humanity across the known World...

267695131_908960.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So just got my butt handed to me in a PUG where a few members of Synergy were on the other side... A particularly good Sentinel also, so as I was 'slowly' getting my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kicked I watched his rotations and had a great time.

I fully intend to invite you to play with us next time, and not against :)

I see you're trying to make the world a better place, one GWF at a time hehe :P
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    I fully intend to invite you to play with us next time, and not against :)
    Hey there mi amigo!

I'd be down to run with you guys/gals, as it would definitely be helpful to learn a bit more... As you can see by this thread I'm writing out my experiences as they happen as a bit of an "Online PvP Diary" for posterity and it helps me to have it to review/learn from. Just need to find a time when we are all free, and I'm not helping my Guild with Dungeon Delvs, etc. Though I don't think it should be too hard at all, I look forward to it! :cool:
    I see you're trying to make the world a better place, one GWF at a time hehe :P
    Trying? I am doing it! :p
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Heya Kola,
    Nice stuff as always, i myself made a second GWF a while back just to PvP. Also made um a halfling. Problem i had iss with my main GWF who i use your original PvE build with, I stay alive just as long and i can actually get a bunch of kills, usually 1 or 2 in groups. I also have lux of running with my guild. Might be a reason why also.

Anyway! i stopped playing my little guy as i was still having more fun PvP with the PvE spec. Guess im saying your original PvE spec still kicks plenty of butt in PvP.

Might give this a try though again on my little guy!

Be well !
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Last night while PvPing, I ran up against a Premade from Tornado of Souls and my random team got spanked quickly with everyone but me (I think!) dropping about 2 minutes in. From that point I was able to cap a point, for kindness sake, and after I asked for some 1v1s... I had the opportunity to play versus a good TR Semi-Perma Stealth Perfect Bilethorn Build. It was a good 5min fight, maybe even a tad longer, and I eventually came out on top but I almost died a few times. Was a really good one! Then the DC wanted to fight, and we went at it but the player didn't have Soulforged and when I was able to get the toon down there was no bounce back. It was actually a faster fight then the TR as I believe I crit on almost all my Encounter Powers... Sometimes that's how it goes though! *sheepish grin*

Had an awesome time versus them, despite my team abandoning me, so kudos to the group I face from Tornado of Souls! :cool:

tybrus8 wrote: »
    Heya Kola,
    Nice stuff as always, i myself made a second GWF a while back just to PvP. Also made um a halfling. Problem i had iss with my main GWF who i use your original PvE build with, I stay alive just as long and i can actually get a bunch of kills, usually 1 or 2 in groups. I also have lux of running with my guild. Might be a reason why also.
    Well they are both Sentinel builds that have focused Con and have similar Regen/Lifesteal abilities so I suspect their longevity to be similar. However the Halfling is the Master Race of Neverwinter PvP with their Racial Traits and Stat bonus choices, at least as far as I am concerned! lol
    Anyway! i stopped playing my little guy as i was still having more fun PvP with the PvE spec. Guess im saying your original PvE spec still kicks plenty of butt in PvP.
    Well, that's more for the fact Sentinels are simply good at living, but thanks for the kudos bud... *high five*
    Might give this a try though again on my little guy!
    I'd say go for it, it's definitely better then the PvE bulld, but then again that's intended. ;)
    Be well !
    Always man, you too!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like your playstyle and I usually try to do the same. The other day I went and queued myself and went in with some random people, ofc we went to middle right away to be surprised with these fully buffed premades I was like ok lets try to put out a good fight so I was fighting at flag 2 trying to get the DC and ignoring the GWF and killing the squishy CW meanwhile until I finally got my *** handed to me, I looked at the other flags and time saw that both were red and time is 9min I was really pissed at my teammates for not capturing other flags even tho I kept 3 of the other team at 2 for good 9min

I went out again and picked a fight with the GWF and we went upstairs and had good 1v1 for more than 5min untill he gave up and ran back to flag 2 yet again my teammates did not capture points lol

Anyway id love to play the same team with you sometimes feel free to drop me a hello @doggy009
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    doggy009 wrote: »
    I like your playstyle and I usually try to do the same. The other day I went and queued myself and went in with some random people, ofc we went to middle right away to be surprised with these fully buffed premades I was like ok lets try to put out a good fight so I was fighting at flag 2 trying to get the DC and ignoring the GWF and killing the squishy CW meanwhile until I finally got my *** handed to me, I looked at the other flags and time saw that both were red and time is 9min I was really pissed at my teammates for not capturing other flags even tho I kept 3 of the other team at 2 for good 9min
    Well it's a PUG bud, there is a chance you can lucksack into some quality players, but it's not the norm. Gotta make due with what you're given. I'll try and communicate with the team via party chat, but if they don't respond (positively or negatively) I just make due and rock on. :)
    I went out again and picked a fight with the GWF and we went upstairs and had good 1v1 for more than 5min untill he gave up and ran back to flag 2 yet again my teammates did not capture points lol
    GWF vs GWF takes a loooooooooong time. Not as long as Uber Tank DCs, but still really close... lol

Anyway id love to play the same team with you sometimes feel free to drop me a hello @doggy009
    We'll see what's up bud, happy gaming! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cant help but notice that you have too much survivlity but no offense im wondering if you are still able to kill decent people? Using these rings and amulet costs alot of power ap and crit
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cant help but notice that you have too much survivlity but no offense im wondering if you are still able to kill decent people? Using these rings and amulet costs alot of power ap and crit
    That's what Perfect Vorpal and Deep Gash, along with a 40% Crit Chance is for mi amigo... ;)

People die just fine! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hmm idk about that but as you see in my thread I have a bit higher offensive stats and I have hard time killing high end people specially DCs and for idk what reason sometimes I hit low on rouges

Edit: I get of work after 7 and half hours..gimmie your handle name and ill contact you to test out some domination matches hopefully my other friends GF , DC and the GWF will be on which going to be a plast if we all join up xD
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hmm idk about that but as you see in my thread I have a bit higher offensive stats and I have hard time killing high end people specially DCs and for idk what reason sometimes I hit low on rouges

Good PvP DCs are supposed to be able to tank you; best DCs can tank quite efficiently the best GWFs in the game, stalling them for a lot of time, and taking you out of the game. In short - you're not supposed to lose time trying to kill the small halfling DC dancing around you and throwing nice blue circles on the ground. You either 2 man it, either find a better matchup (such as a helpless CW). Same CWs are a better match by far for killing DCs, because of their much better CC.

About TRs, you hit low on them because they have Impossible to Catch, giving them lots of deflect and CC immunity, depending on how the ability is used. You need to catch them off ITC before unloading. Frontline Surge is a great way to fish out for annoying permas, takedown, IBS, GG.

In short, it's not offensive stats that you miss, but knowledge about other classes and PvP builds. Give it a bit of time and you will be fine, you're manning the most OP class by far in the game atm.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Pers3phone is 100% correct in the accounting of why you may be having difficulty versus DCs and TRs.

DCs are supposed (in those builds) be the 'tankiest' characters possible, I mean they do heal themselves with most of their powers, right? lol That's what a DC does! They of course (in those Uber Tank Builds) get as much HPs/Defense/Deflect/Regen as possible, but their damage output is craptastic though their entire role is to annoy/kite you.

TRs have the Impossible to Catch ability going for them, that's the ability that they go all shadowy and black in, so you see that and save your Encounter Powers. Really good TRs can keep it up with minimal downtown, and by minimal I mean a split second before it's ready or they 'escape' and go stealth, etc.

Experience is the best teacher, and I know I sure as heckfire have a lot to learn myself still! :D

k2HTJmu.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Had the opportunity to face, and then play with, pers3phone in PvP along with another GWF/CW from Synergy. Good times for sure...

Persephone is insanely well versed in movement/teleportation shennanigans and just trying to keep up taught me a great deal about angles, distance closing opportunities, and how/where to jump in Hotenow Domination. Was quite educational, and intensely fun!

29537-yesrudy1gif-mEXZ.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Had the opportunity to face, and then play with, pers3phone in PvP along with another GWF/CW from Synergy. Good times for sure...

Persephone is insanely well versed in movement/teleportation shennanigans and just trying to keep up taught me a great deal about angles, distance closing opportunities, and how/where to jump in Hotenow Domination. Was quite educational, and intensely fun!

You're too kind :)

Hotenow is the easier map of the two we have for a CW. There are quite a few places where you can try to kite, not to mention nuking from above. The other map is larger and way too open for my tastes, although there are some opportunities for smart ranged play, but not that many.

Glad we did some PvP as well, I'm sure we're gonna play together again :) Much better (and less painful...) to have you on my team. It's the only place I like to see good GWFs in PvP hehe.

Gonna continue to read your PvP journal, I think it's a great idea. You could add videos as well, would be awesome.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I tried to contact you yesterday at handle kolatmaster but couldn't , could you give me your handle name pls

Looking forward to pvp with you
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    You're too kind :)
    Pffft... Just calling it like I see it! You utilized the pillars, the stars, and the ledges really well. I had to resist the urge to chase you a number of times and turn back to the point to continue capping it.
    Hotenow is the easier map of the two we have for a CW. There are quite a few places where you can try to kite, not to mention nuking from above. The other map is larger and way too open for my tastes, although there are some opportunities for smart ranged play, but not that many.
    Hotenow definitely lends itself well to your ability to Teleport and creating distance, particularly at the end points of Domination.

For Rivenscar, from my small amount of play time thus far, I'd say the best area for a similar stand of ranged damage w/teleports is the top area of the stairs just above the Health Pots. That doesn't mean that the Bridge over the central point or the ledges above the end points aren't good, they are superb for pure range. However, unlike Hotenow, it doesn't allow you to get on the point and then recreate the distance you had to be able to contest as well.

At least that is how I see it thus far... :)
    Glad we did some PvP as well, I'm sure we're gonna play together again :) Much better (and less painful...) to have you on my team. It's the only place I like to see good GWFs in PvP hehe.
    Well I wouldn't call myself a good GWFs as yet, I've already met a number of players more skilled. Being able to transfer my high rank Enchantments to the new toon from my Destroyer makes the higher quality gear easy. Though again I will say I have a LOT to learn between angles, rotations, footwork, etc. But I am certainly trying!
    Gonna continue to read your PvP journal, I think it's a great idea. You could add videos as well, would be awesome.
    Yea, I'll figure out the video thing eventually and will post them for sure. Just gotta take the time to do it... lol Good idea though!

I tried to contact you yesterday at handle kolatmaster but couldn't , could you give me your handle name pls
    Shoot me a PM.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Greetings all!

Had a pretty epic random PUG last night where my team lost 1,000 to about 920ish. We started the match going down 200-50ish, but then clawed back to take the lead once the team started focusing point 2 in Hotenow and letting me back cap the opponents end point. We had a decent 100 or so point lead until about 890ish when the other team took over because 2 individuals on our team went Full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...

tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif

Ya, well the HR and TR did! lol

Basically I was backcapping the enemy node and I had a HR and a GWF on me, which is superb when you have a small lead because that means the other team only has 3 people to your 4. Simple mathematical advantage. The my teams HR and TR came running in to 'Help', needless to say that after a 20min match these yahoos had seen me take 2v1 situations any number of times and honestly had to know that I was perfectly fine. Yet here they come like the Charge of the Light Brigade, and I typed to get the heck away, but they stayed. I then simply disengaged and ran back to our 2, but it was too late as the enemy team had pulled 30-40 points ahead at that point as they controlled the remaining Nodes.

Suffice it to say I was mildly frustrated to say the least, and neither of them responded in chat. In my defense I didn't swear, name call, etc. I simply asked, "So... At what point did you think I needed help on the Enemy node? lol".

I ended up 18-5 overall, which isn't bad at all, however I would have happily gone 5-18 if it meant we could have won! :)

Can't win them all (particularly in PUGs!), and I don't expect too, but when your team has an obvious advantage and things are going smoothly, please follow this advice...

tumblr_m9vtc8Eq8q1rwhmdho1_250.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    You have no idea how frustrating it is sometimes in these random domination matches. You ask them to do something like ignoring eveyone and kill the DC first yet no one of them to be seen or even response and no points to be taken even tho I was tanking 4 of them at 2 for couple min trying to kill the annoying DC but his heals were too op...anyway lost that lol

Next match when finally one of my gwf friends went online all next matches were too easy

Th
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    You have no idea how frustrating it is sometimes in these random domination matches.
    Of course I do... It's exactly what I described above your post mi amigo! lol

In fact, I'd preface, most people on these forums would understand. Doesn't make it any less frustrating, but it is the nature of the beast, no? :cool:
    You ask them to do something like ignoring eveyone and kill the DC first yet no one of them to be seen or even response and no points to be taken even tho I was tanking 4 of them at 2 for couple min trying to kill the annoying DC but his heals were too op...anyway lost that lol
    Well it's a random PUG, and I hope the upcoming matchmaking system alleviates this a bit, though I will readily admit I am sure I'll get my butt handed to me on a platter in most premades. I still have a great deal to learn, particularly on positioning and reading my opponents animations. Knowing when I may be able to interrupt them or what angle I can move in to dodge them, etc. That is all experience, and I'm just under a week into actively PvPing, so the journey should be quite interesting and highly entertaining!
    Next match when finally one of my gwf friends went online all next matches were too easy
    Well things do become easier when you're able to communicate effectively with an ally (or an entire team), that is a huge advantage against a random PUG. Obviously... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Are you ready to dominate? Our PvP updates are coming this Thursday, 3/6, with new gear, a new Tenacity stat, matchmaking, and penalties for early leavers! #Neverwinter
    So... Thursday is the big day, and thus I want to throw out some thoughts for PvP IV Sentinel post Tenacity and Healing Depression.
    panderus wrote: »
    New Features
    New PvP stat: Tenacity
    Tenacity, a new PvP resistance stat has been added to the game. It will be present on new and existing gear and grants the following effects:
    • Increased damage resistance against players.
    • Decreased incoming critical strike severity from players.
    • Increased control resistance against players.
    A base 10% of each of these effects will be granted to all players regardless of tenacity. Control Wizards also penetrate a portion of an opponent’s control resistance.

New PvP Effect: Healing Depression
    In addition to the introduction of tenacity, an additional effect; healing depression, has been added to the game. If a player has been struck by another player within the last 10 seconds, the potency of incoming healing and temporary hit points will be reduced by 50%.
    With the above information we know Regend/Lifesteal/Unstoppable Temporary Hit Points/Prone times/etc. will be greatly impacted. I've been quite attentive in perusing the Preview Shard Forum for the past few weeks, trying to absorb much of the information that is available and disseminating it based on different persons opinions/data/supported posts/etc.

For the IV Sentinel a few things I've come to believe are pretty close to accurate...

1. IV Sentinel is still good post PvP Patch. Though Healing Depression hurts the Regen/Lifesteal, it obviously affects everyone 'equally' (depending on stat allocation of course), and the lessened incoming damage that IV Sentinels will receive evens things out over all.

2. Perfect Vorpal is a thing of the past. It will almost assuredly be solely used in PvE and no longer the end all/be all of PvP.

3. Perfect Soulforged may also be a thing of the past, as Healing Depression hurts the temporary HPs significantly as the Regen/Lifesteal options will be curtailed.

4. GWFs Takedown will have a shorter Prone time, meaning GWFs will need to be quite attentive to people knocked down.

5. Frontline Surge will still be used (Prone is still the best CC available!), though th 25% less damage will hurt a bit, the overall rotation of choice will remain the same as: Takedown + Frontline Surge + Indomitable Battle Strike

Taking these truths to be self evident...

tumblr_mia6w1TMRY1rlopfro1_250.gif

I'd like to discuss Weapon and Armor Enchantments for post PvP Patch in replacement of Perfect Vorpal and Perfect Soulforged.

What I believe to be Viable Weapon Options:

Perfect Bilethorn: +7.5% Poison damage. Additional 16% Poison damage after 4s.
    Perfect Bronzewood: Targets struck by your encounter powers become marked. While marked, your at will and encounter powers ignore -16% of the target's armor. Targets may not be marked more than once every 20 seconds.
    Perfect Feytouched: Your encounter powers siphon away 12% of your target's damage. This damage is converted into 12% more damage for you. This effect may only happen once every 20 seconds.
    Perfect Flaming: +12% Fire damage. Burn 4% of weapon damage every seconds for 3s, stacks 3 times.
    Perfect Frost: +11 % Cold damage. Reduce foe's recovery by 30% for 4s once per 20s.
    Perfect Lightning: +20% Lightning damage. 50% for 3 chains.
    Perfect Terror: You deal an additional 12% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with every swing and induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense by 20%.

Overall I feel, based on my knowledge from PvE, the highest DPS enchantment would probably be Perfect Lightning, though I believe Perfect Flaming and Perfect Terror would be comparable.

Though I must say I am leaning towards a more utility Enchantment such as Perfect Feytouched or Perfect Frost. Since Sentinel's major damage came from a high Crit + high Crit Severity and the Deep Gash Feat, I feel that post PvP Patch being more of a utility spec for your group may be more of advantage as you will not be killing opponents as fast as before.

So what are your thoughts on the above Weapon options? If you have tested any on the Preview Shard with Tenacity in effect I would love to hear your information/data! :)

What I believe to be Viable Armor Options:

Perfect Barkshield: Every 8 seconds your armor receives a charge of Bolstered Bark up to a maximum of 3 charges. When you have one charge of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 810 damage. When you have two charges of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 1620 damage. When you have three charges of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 2430 damage. Whenever someone attempts to deal damage to you one charge of Bolstered Bark is consumed.
    Perfect Negation: On receiving damage 20% chance to increase your damage resistance by 25% for 7s once every 60s.

The Armor situation I am more confident as I see the options as extremely limited and I believe Perfect Barkshield is hands down the way to go for most players/classes. It just seems obvious based on the available information/knowledge, but if you believe I am wrong please chime in...

So there you have it, some theorycrafting for the Post-PvP Patch environment.

Thoughts? :cool:
    va8Ru.gif