What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NEW PvP Release = TR Gimped

Comments

• Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    DF seems to be fine in PVE as during the 20 minutes I had yesterday online I was able to test that CC effects didn't affect me after the 3rd strike (ie during the flurry). i had tested it on some hounds in the dread ring and their pounce attack did not knock me prone while i was flurrying.
  • Options
    lartholartho Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I tryed the first pvp set for TR, result? Useless, I'm not more resistant either. I'm a 16,2k TR, with perfect vorpal, my highest damage on a CW has been 12k crit. with Lashing Blade, now they nerfed IS and can't even finish the job with it, then mates come and oblige me to run away and try again. If we don't have the strongest DPS single target, what are we? I wonder if CRYPTIC has some kind of problem with Trickster Rogue. By me, they will never see anymore money, for what it's worth

P.S. DF has been nerfed too, now each attack can be blocked so that you have to restart it, even the third attack. I tryed this several times. Congratulations CRYPTIC
  • Options
    barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    lartho wrote: »
    I tryed the first pvp set for TR, result? Useless, I'm not more resistant either. I'm a 16,2k TR, with perfect vorpal, my highest damage on a CW has been 12k crit. with Lashing Blade, now they nerfed IS and can't even finish the job with it, then mates come and oblige me to run away and try again. If we don't have the sotrongest DPS single target, what are we? I wonder if CRYPTIC has some kind of problem with Trickster Rogue. By me, they will never see anymore money, for what it's worth

hahahaha I got better story - I'm 16k too. p.vorpal etc. I was atacking this gwf sent, threw all my cos, impacts, SS and 2 x DF... and what he was doing? He was just standing and typin things like "yawn" "lol" "zzz", I don't think I got below half of hes hp... This showed me extacly what usless thing TR became
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I want to specify that I tryed pvp with both armor sets, the pvp one you can obtain by trading with skulker, and my actual set (Iliyanbruen+Dread Legion), and those 12k were made with the second one, which give MUCH more offensive stats. Actually I dealed that damage with 5800 Power +24% armor penetration and 150% critical severity (fomorian blades on).I'm not gonna tell how my dps was with the new skulker on... it's just too embarassing. In order to deal some damage we should get back the TR from last year, before the first nerf, and it was actually TOO strong. Another problem, which I guess, interests all the classes, is: why you keep change skills and powers effects? Are you giving us free tokens to re-build our chars?
  • Options
    dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I tryed the first pvp set for TR, result? Useless, I'm not more resistant either. I'm a 16,2k TR, with perfect vorpal, my highest damage on a CW has been 12k crit. with Lashing Blade, now they nerfed IS and can't even finish the job with it, then mates come and oblige me to run away and try again. If we don't have the strongest DPS single target, what are we? I wonder if CRYPTIC has some kind of problem with Trickster Rogue. By me, they will never see anymore money, for what it's worth

P.S. DF has been nerfed too, now each attack can be blocked so that you have to restart it, even the third attack. I tryed this several times. Congratulations CRYPTIC

Thank you for shedding more light on the DF "Bug" I've expirenced

So now we have complaints from all spectrums of the TR community. THE high DPS side, and the high defense side
    class viability decreasing at a drastic rate..

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    The PVP gear is underwhelming across all classes.
    They should have just added tenacity to all gear sets

Some of us have lives outside this game. We should be able to play PVE and PvP with the same gear and not be penalized
    If we have to earn new gear, we should be able to change enchants without spending money
    and
    We should have an easy way to swap profiles.

other games like Call of duty have this capability.
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Just IN

News about Duelist Flurry

It seems that all dazes or things that have an "Interrupt" not necessairly a prone is stopping my third DF strike in its tracks

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some powers with legit Interrupt mechanics such as Dazing Strike and Roar has always been not classified as CC ever since Mod 2. They were fine back in Mod 1. I'm just surprised at how any things can break with just one patch.

So how have you guys been coping in PVP so far? What tweaks have our fellow TR's done in order to get around the IS nerf?
  • Options
    tricksterknighttricksterknight Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2014
    I kind of feel screwed out of an enjoyable game play experience now. I had concerns about this prior to this patch. I guess i expected the game to feel balanced and it just isn't, The ELO system I am not exactly sure how it works, or even if it is there. Tenacity, i currently have 1078 tenacity and people are eating through that like it doesn't even exist. i also think something was nerfed on the recharge of the stealth bar. it does seem to recharge slower than before. I had a perfectly good build prior to this pvp patch that is, turning out to be quite screwed with this patch sure I'm *tankier* SLIGHTLY but I'm also squishier because of the mechanics involved. guess ill just have to jump on the GWF bandwagon and drop my rogue. They didn't touch them hardly at all ,,, so why not? and hell while they are at it give GWFs stealth and immunity ability. just as well as it seems to me they are much higher up on the protected from any harm list than any class, and crank up CWs up there too ,, they seemed to have gotten more damage PVE and pvp, on top of have plenty of CC in pvp, and being tankier as well.

Im still using IS ,, but timing it to only use the first shot then wait 3 seconds and fire again seems to work ok ,, but its just not doing what i feel it should. seems like the tenacity gear is eating up allot and i mean allot of our damage. after several rounds Im exhausted and feel like a wasted effort.

I personally lost 7KHP from my build trying to crank up tenacity, I also lost 80% of my regen ,,but doesnt matter since my regen ticks are nerfed too it seems i timed them out and its taking 5 times as long to regen than before. and on top of that i do believe PVE rogue builds are coming onto play now and wrecking stealth builds pretty badly, at least from what i saw of some matches.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So my main is TR, but i do also have a gwf sent, its has 18.% tenacity full R10 40k HP And i died from a TR in 5 sec.. First He did a LB from stealth for 9k ish (yes i hit TAB but, sometimes it doesnt pop) then his SE did 27K since it ingores everything... Well it left me with that leaves me with 4k hp, 1 impact and a few Cos. Just sayin : )
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So my main is TR, but i do also have a gwf sent, its has 18.% tenacity full R10 40k HP And i died from a TR in 5 sec.. First He did a LB from stealth for 9k ish (yes i hit TAB but, sometimes it doesnt pop) then his SE did 27K since it ingores everything... Well it left me with that leaves me with 4k hp, 1 impact and a few Cos. Just sayin : )

suuuuurreee he did
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i have been 1-shot by shocking execution for like 23k (100%-0) pre-patch, although i never understood how it was possible. it has like 3-4k damage at like 2.7k power so even 150% crit severity couldn't possibly pull that off on someone with full hp and i doubt an extra 2-3k power will change that.
  • Options
    kenakthkenakth Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some powers with legit Interrupt mechanics such as Dazing Strike and Roar has always been not classified as CC ever since Mod 2. They were fine back in Mod 1. I'm just surprised at how any things can break with just one patch.

So how have you guys been coping in PVP so far? What tweaks have our fellow TR's done in order to get around the IS nerf?

Swap out Impact for Path of the Blade. Lashing would work as well, but it's less reliable, and a bit less damage, though more bursty.

I don't play a hardcore node-holding semi-stealth role like when regen was the meta, it feels more like our role is to back-cap if there is only 1, MAYBE 2 people (emphasis on maybe. It usually doesn't work out if they are any good), and add support damage in fights, hopefully while my team mates are getting hit, and not me. I tend to do fairly well, but have to be much more careful/defensive about how I play. I am still running regen rings, mostly for the healing between fights so that I don't waste as much time grabbing potions, but am considering dropping either one, or both of the regen rings to go with some more tenacity, just to test it out.

To be completely honest, I'm liking that regen is not as good as it used to be. I just wish they would have done a better job itemizing our gear sets (read: crit instead of power, and health instead of lifesteal) and think that the Impact Shot nerf was a little much on top of tenacity. I've yet to have Duelist's Flurry interrupted by anything but Dazing Strike so far, and have fought all classes, including GFs with Bull's Rush/Charge/whatever it's called.

Also, rather than running Raven Skull or Waters, I switched to Lantern, just to give a damage buff against focus targets to my group, since targets can be burned much more efficiently now. The shielding or healing from the first 2 artifacts mentioned, respectively, doesn't feel very viable anymore, to be honest, save for very specific situations.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

And what you were doing? Watching him? I never saw a GWF as quiet as you. Actually, SE is the only way for a TR to make a kill, I did a 34k one shot too on a GWF, so I have to charge my action points in order to make a kill now? If you are so fool to watch him deal you damage it's not our fault. It's because of people like you that our class has been destroyed, you guys keep crying for everything. A TR is born for massive single target damage, and since of the damage it must not have high defence power (new pvp set armor (chest) gives 406 defence and gives less than 400 power/crit for God's sake). We MUST make ultra FAST kills! Do you understand we don't have defence? WTF?!

P.S. A few CW friends told me they deal more damage since one of their skill is instantaneous now, GF guild mates say they actually do few more damage in general (finally they actually aggro monsters too)
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited March 2014

And what you were doing? Watching him? I never saw a GWF as quiet as you. Actually, SE is the only way for a TR to make a kill, I did a 34k one shot too on a GWF, so I have to charge my action points in order to make a kill now? If you are so fool to watch him deal you damage it's not our fault. It's because of people like you that our class has been destroyed, you guys keep crying for everything. A TR is born for massive single target damage, and since of the damage it must not have high defence power (new pvp set armor (chest) gives 406 defence and gives less than 400 power/crit for God's sake). We MUST make ultra FAST kills! Do you understand we don't have defence? WTF?!

P.S. A few CW friends told me they deal more damage since one of their skill is instantaneous now, GF guild mates say they actually do few more damage in general (finally they actually aggro monsters too)

I know right? Sounds like he was just standing there hypnotized by the Rogue to even attack back...Stop trying to let them further nerf the Rogue and learn to play yo.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    If we want some changes to our TR class, what we can do is stop playing for at least one week. I wanna see if their loss of thousands of players will make them think about rework the rogue as it was in the beginning. I think I will send a mail to the support team too and make them notice the problem they generated with this patch. I invite you all to send one.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

My third flurry was never interrupted before this patch except by dazing strike if -for some reason- i was in itc, now every daze including the feat for a dazing lunging strike for GF interrupts me mid flurry and even sun burst sometimes and definantly HR dazing arrow , which it used to never

But i dont ever get dazed as a result

Which in hinesight dosent seem to terrible, but think about it like this your in the middle of flurry expecting to be safe and boom, gf lunges at you and with the dazing feat is now free to stop your combo and bullcharges you which if theres another person around, say a cw... this could mean death

Additionally if your lucky enough to dodge before hand, that dodge couldve probably been used somewhere else also putting you at risk

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
    edited March 2014
    I stopped playing the game after seeing the changes to TRs.

Nonsense, too big a change and to state the obvious, the sets for TRs are lousy.

One of the staff obviously was getting ganked by TRs and had a bone to pick.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Day 2.

Doing fine and dandy. Some of the old, renowned TR vets also seem to be doing fine.

Where's this "gimp" that's supposed to be happening to us again? *snicker*
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Day 2.

Doing fine and dandy. Some of the old, renowned TR vets also seem to be doing fine.

Where's this "gimp" that's supposed to be happening to us again? *snicker*

Please instead of empty talk show us some videos of how great youre doing now cuz I guess it might be true that all trs in game are nabs and you are one true tr master - np for me just like to see it and maybe learn something.

Also if youre playin lame perma stealth don't be so happy for yourself to long cuz they are working on nerfing stealth already and sooner or later theres gonna be 0 TR "somehow" viable builds
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm actually doing better with my MI post patch. Of course, that could be the effect of matchmaking. Had to change some encounters around and might have to make more changes yet but I'm definitely having more fun and scoring more points.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gotta agree about TRs. They lost their damage and they have no CC to compete with other classes as it's all about CC in PvP these days. Their sets suck. Suck hard. No arp/crit/hp set is a joke. Impact Shot nerf is over the top.

Sorry for that lame feedback, I'm a little bit tired after struggling for the fate of DCs :)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Gotta agree about TRs. They lost their damage and they have no CC to compete with other classes as it's all about CC in PvP these days. Their sets suck. Suck hard. No arp/crit/hp set is a joke. Impact Shot nerf is over the top.

Sorry for that lame feedback, I'm a little bit tired after struggling for the fate of DCs :)

Isnt that the truth

As hard as we got nerfed they destroyed the DC even more
    , they might as well rename it Empowering Bard

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    something weird happened today while pvping on my cleric. was attacking a rogue, then he used bloodbath but i was able to keep spamming at-wills on him and killed him mid-daily. i thought they were untargetable during bloodbath o.o

oh well, never was a fan of bloodbath once i realized that whirlwind and execution was far more effective for my situational needs
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Is Shocking Execution ignoring tenacity?!:confused:
  • Options
    lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »

Sure does feel like it. Was playing on my trip and was hitting 20th shocking quite frequently. Also was playing on my gift and went unstoppable and was kill twice from half hour from a shocking. It sure is still hitting hard
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sure does feel like it. Was playing on my trip and was hitting 20th shocking quite frequently. Also was playing on my gift and went unstoppable and was kill twice from half hour from a shocking. It sure is still hitting hard

It does.

It has been reported to be doing that since preview. I've suggested that if Tenacity is a means to equally improve all classes' TTK, then SE should not be ignoring Tenacity. But as it is, it ignores every form of defense, and still undodgeable.

The MI TR's Shox is now the best, most powerful direct-damage Daily in the game.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    dersidius wrote: »
    Isnt that the truth

As hard as we got nerfed they destroyed the DC even more
    , they might as well rename it Empowering Bard

There is a set called TR T1 PVP set.

It has crit/armorpen/hp stats...
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »

Not only that, but it has some awkward behavior after patch as well. I got hit for more than 30K as I was standing comfortably at 90% HP or so. Then, suddenly I hear the SE sound, think "this TR is quite dumb lol", only to find out my soulforge procced :) No debuffs, no nothing, just me&TR alone on node...

Happened twice in the same match, same TR...
  • Options
    nem3zissnem3ziss Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agree with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... i hitted gwf who got 70% life with SE just to help my team mate and leave node to go to another, and i was like LOL when i saw 35k with greater vorp 0_0 SE is counting HP differently since new patch. So smoke from stealth + shadow + lashing and SE combo is GG almost in any case (you can survive only if SE will not crit) If this is what we get after IS nerf and terribad set stats... hey, ill take it :D