Install Arc
Options

Announcing Module 3: Curse of Icewind Dale

Comments

• Options
    allternareallternare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    and the level, nothing? 60 again, again and again!!!!! LOL

esse jogo nunca vai ter update de level pelo visto, não jogo faz mais de 6 meses e nada de update de level.
    pelo visto neverwinter vai ser esquecido em 2014 com tantos outros MMOs bons vindo por ai, lamentável!
  • Options
    subsidalsubsidal Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm worried about the pvp dailies. If the factions are as unbalanced as GG then there we go, one faction will always get everything while the other can never complete their dailies.
  • Options
    silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not a great choice for the second paragorn path for HR IMO.
    Because stornwarden is a dual-blade paragorn, and so is Pathfinder, they should have taken Beast Stalker for sure, because battlefield archer would be too mainstream, I really hope they do change this while there is time.
    Beast Stalker FTW!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not a great choice for the second paragorn path for HR IMO.
    Because stornwarden is a dual-blade paragorn, and so is Pathfinder, they should have taken Beast Stalker for sure, because battlefield archer would be too mainstream, I really hope they do change this while there is time.
    Beast Stalker FTW!

Short of removing the second paragon path from mod 3 all together, I really doubt there is time to start from scratch on the paragon path.
  • Options
    demochalorddemochalord Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm interested in knowing about what the post-60 leveling will be and whether pre-module 3 xp will be included. Reason being that my character was level 60 long before the end of the campaigns, and seems a bit harsh that all that xp i would get otherwise is lost to the void.

Regardless, will be looking forward to the content.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    allternare wrote: »
    and the level, nothing? 60 again, again and again!!!!! LOL

esse jogo nunca vai ter update de level pelo visto, não jogo faz mais de 6 meses e nada de update de level.
    pelo visto neverwinter vai ser esquecido em 2014 com tantos outros MMOs bons vindo por ai, lamentável!

What is the big deal about a level increase? a level increase would give new areas and new dungeons and that is exactly what we are getting ,I fail to see how a level increase would make this better maybe I'm missing something?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    jamartjamart Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm geeked about post-60 awards. I saw someone thought they were coming up with warlock class. I'd rather it be either druid or bard or even one of the mentalist classes, but preferably druid or bard. I guess if they did druid it'd be called Nature Priest or something like that. Don't know what you'd do for bard.
  • Options
    jamartjamart Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    What is the big deal about a level increase? a level increase would give new areas and new dungeons and that is exactly what we are getting ,I fail to see how a level increase would make this better maybe I'm missing something?

I agree wholeheartedly. The level increases on WoW got to be ponderous. Maybe in a long time from now, but we're good here for the moment. Make more of what works and not just ratchet everything up to the point you have to nerf the bottom end. I like that you don't have this gigantic disparity between ends and that a high-end 60 is better, but not a wholly different class than a low-end 60.
  • Options
    demochalorddemochalord Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't mind the idea of level increases, but am just as happy not to have them. The issue i always had with them was that the items/equipment that the player had earned from farming would normally be invalidated with each level increase, only to start the grind all over to get the new high tier equipment.

Though as i said earlier i am interested in what they are doing with post-60 xp. Sort of wondering if its along the lines of Diablo 3's or Rifts systems...
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    just want to say in totes pumped for this
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Hey adventurers,

We're so incredibly excited to announce Module 3: Curse of Icewind Dale, the next free content expansion for Neverwinter. This will be our biggest update yet with new features and changes!

To learn more, click here to see the list of new features and changes: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3034893.

What are you most excited about? Leave a comment below!

Cheers,
    Pin

I am cheering! No amount of AD or Zen could possibly buy the kind of gamer-bliss I just experienced reading the news. New pve content! PVP matchmaking AND leaderboards AND a PVP campaign.

Obviously I am most excited about the new PVP stuff. Tenacity and HD are medicine that a lot of PVP players are eying suspiciously but there is nothing like a nice dose of honey in the form of leaderboards and a campaign to make it SWEET!

Thank you thank you thank you. I'll reserve my "unrestrained" enthusiasm for wen it goes live and I get a chance to play it.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Those Foundry bug fixes and improvements look incredible...oh, wait, never-mind.
  • Options
    be4marcbe4marc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I s there someone in charge who can tell me if all the XP accumulated since level 60 will count for the new module 3?
    Thanks in advance for a positive answer ;)
    The Price of Pride is 7 Billion Death.

Le Prix de la Fierte est 7 Milliards de Morts.
  • Options
    stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    That's great, fantastic, whoopdeedoo, can't wait...

Now that we got that out of the way, where's my #!<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> warlock? :p
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't understand excitement about DD keys. I guess you will get 1 free/day and you will be able to buy them for around 5k AD. This is awful. Now days with proper party you can run some dungeons like Pirate King or Temple of Spider 10 times/Hour. 50% of these runs you get some bound equipment from chest and it is pretty useless because of refinement limit. Other 50% of time, you get 3k or 5k AD amulet. Final result will be less profit from DD e.g. less people going there.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The keys are in addition to DD event not replacing it.
  • Options
    zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

I'm so concerned that there is only 1 healing class, and it's Holy :(

WE NEED DROODS!

Druids are controllers. You are probably asking for Shaman ;)
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    somtaaw wrote: »
    Hm. PvP Campagn.

Here's one for you: hat if a player does not want to do the PvP content. Will he/she still get contracts on their head to be hunted down and be violently murdered/slaughtered/sacrificed to the elder gods/forced to eat tofu without any spices?

Just a small concern for me since I tend to only play the PvE content.

I fear that you will be able to get something like Glory for this area without PvP.
    Same as you can get glory from the 2nd PvE Event in GG. It is just so slow and ineffective that most prefer to campfire sit.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    be4marc wrote: »
    I s there someone in charge who can tell me if all the XP accumulated since level 60 will count for the new module 3?
    Thanks in advance for a positive answer ;)

I haven't been told by staff but it is a safe bet it will not be retroactive.
  • Options
    zmunitzmunit Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really wanna say:

Congratulations! Your are definitly listening to the community and you are rockstars in developing!
    I can't express enough but keep it up, this game is worth playing and hanging around.
  • Options
    jfhealjfheal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just me, guys
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ESO: Pre-order canceled.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    allternareallternare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's right, think so, always in sameness
    different companions and mounts
    new maps that do the same things always, daily
    this is the typical thought of losers

guild is useless in this game, no war casualties between clans
    6 months without playing and still am TOP TOP level and gear, nice!
  • Options
    rimoharimoha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't know how it was handled previously since I started playing less than a month ago with an Hunter Ranger, about the new, second paragon path, will our (rangers) power points allocation and paragon path choice be reset as well?
    ~ Sharia | Drow Hunter Ranger ~ Rimoha MuscleBeard | Human Guardian Fighter ~
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rimoha wrote: »
    I don't know how it was handled previously since I started playing less than a month ago with an Hunter Ranger, about the new, second paragon path, will our (rangers) power points allocation and paragon path choice be reset as well?

Yes when they release new paragon paths or make any major changes to skills with the release of a new module they give a free respec , Panderus said this when we asked about whether we will get a respec with tomorrows pvp patch :
    panderus wrote: »

We want to give free respecs when there has been large redesigns, nerfs and likley also when there are new paragon paths.

So no respec tomorrow but we should get one with module 3 patch whenever that comes .

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?620031-Free-Respec-for-GFs&p=7389711&viewfull=1#post7389711
  • Options
    omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Think about it. There is no system in place to track that exp already.. soooo no. Stop worrying about it so you can enjoy the game; you wonderful, wonderful person you! I use the exp to train new companions. Try that!

(That's a pretty saccharin-sweet answer)
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    moonofdarksidemoonofdarkside Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey adventurers,

We're so incredibly excited to announce Module 3: Curse of Icewind Dale, the next free content expansion for Neverwinter. This will be our biggest update yet with new features and changes!

To learn more, click here to see the list of new features and changes: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3034893.

What are you most excited about? Leave a comment below!

Cheers,
    Pin

There IS NO pvp raid. There is ONE faction which ALWAYS wins. Anyone NOT on Delz may as well delete their account b4 Thursday gets here. Luskan players will be waiting ages to catch-up to others gear-wise. Total sham. I regret spending money on this game now. What reason could Devs possible have for this?! It is pure laziness to have allowed GG to be so lame so lang as it is. Now they make it a focal point for new gear. The idea of choosing a faction has been awful ever since WoW tried it (and also discovered it was a terrible plan). GG is the worst aspects of Winter's Grasp, and none of the aspects that made it worthwhile. No tanks, now strategy, no war-feel; just bad queues, and zerging from place to place waiting for the clock to tell you that the same faction has won again. Why even have 2 dungeons, if DK is the only one that matters? If my pvp prgression is halted tomorrow over this abortion of a 'pvp raid' then I'll be taking my $50/month to a game that isn't broken. You have had plenty of time to fix this mess.

-Paying customer about to quit
  • Options
    moonofdarksidemoonofdarkside Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    subsidal wrote: »
    I'm worried about the pvp dailies. If the factions are as unbalanced as GG then there we go, one faction will always get everything while the other can never complete their dailies.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mentin that GG is not being fixed/balanced, so Luskans will not be getting to gear-up like Delz players
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Remove player choice regarding pvp factions - or we will just have more GG, and no more good game.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    *snipped misdirected raging*

You do know that this thread has nothing whatsoever to do with tomorrows pvp patch don't you? this thread is about module 3.