test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Fond Farewell!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all!

This week, I'll be packing up my Neverwinter gear and heading on to the next adventure. :)

I'd like to express my deep appreciation to all of you and to everyone here at Perfect World and Cryptic Studios for the spectacular privilege it has been to serve as one of the Community Managers for Neverwinter. I'm honored to have been part of the Neverwinter team since Alpha, and to have seen the game and its community grow into the phenomenal successes that they are today.
yYcg54b.jpg

Each one of you has had a hand in shaping what Neverwinter and its community are today. With you and the splendidly capable Perfect World and Cryptic Studios teams, Neverwinter has an even brighter future ahead, and I’m looking forward to being part of that success alongside you as a player.

Starting next week, you’ll be seeing a lot more of my colleagues Pinpointerror and DwightMC, and of course our outstanding volunteer moderators Ambisinisterr, Lewstelamon01, Melodywhr, and Zebular.

To Team Fencebane, and all supporters of the Neverwinter Adventure Hour: you rock! And I’ll be continuing the Adventure Hour on my personal stream channel, so be sure to get at me there!
cKINtrP.jpg

Additionally, I'll be doing a special Neverwinter Adventure Hour: The Farewell Tour on the Perfect World Community channel this Thursday, 2/20, at 3PM PST (when is that in your time zone?).

Thanks again for everything, and see you in Neverwinter!

Sominator
https://twitter.com/sominator
http://www.twitch.tv/sominator

P.S. - My last day as Community Manager will be Friday. :)
P.P.S. – For those wondering, I’m taking a faculty position and will be teaching media-related fun stuff, partially inspired by my work in the games industry!
P.P.P.S. – You can’t have my stuff. :P
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Congrats on the new position, Som! You'll be sorely missed, but you're on to some great things! Teach those young mimics a thing or two!

The way things are worded, makes it seem like neither CM is going to be picking up the official NWAH though?
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks! :)

The CMs have other fun stuff in the works, including livestreams. The NWAH has very much been my thing so I'm just going to keep doing it.
    syka08 wrote: »
    Congrats on the new position, Som! You'll be sorely missed, but you're on to some great things! Teach those young mimics a thing or two!

The way things are worded, makes it seem like neither CM is going to be picking up the official NWAH though?
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Farewell and good luck on your next journey.

Oh, and I know you said we can't have stuff, but what about taking it?

Quick, someone roll the body! :D
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    [So good, it had to be said twice. Curse you new forums!]
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks! :)
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Farewell and good luck on your next journey.

Oh, and I know you said we can't have stuff, but what about taking it?

Quick, someone roll the body! :D
  • Options
    zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice to meet you. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    does this mean you're making zameri GM before you head out?

ZOM you will surely be missed!! i wish you great fortune and awesome adventures in your future!! thanks for everything and all of your support of the neverwinter community.

peace out, brother!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enlrC2jRg_w&list=PL1A979BBDBD175A83
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you :)
    zippich wrote: »
    Nice to meet you. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks brother, same to you!

I LOVE THIS SONG

#ZamforGM
    melodywhr wrote: »
    does this mean you're making zameri GM before you head out?

ZOM you will surely be missed!! i wish you great fortune and awesome adventures in your future!! thanks for everything and all of your support of the neverwinter community.

peace out, brother!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enlrC2jRg_w&list=PL1A979BBDBD175A83
  • Options
    hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    since you're leaving you should totally tell us all the the evil things about the cryptic developers :3 like who ate the last cookie in the cookie jar >:3
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It was ME :p
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    since you're leaving you should totally tell us all the the evil things about the cryptic developers :3 like who ate the last cookie in the cookie jar >:3
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Noooo, you are not allowed to leave us som ;(

Who am I going to spam with PMs now!

Thanks for all your hard work and good luck in your new role. I'll keep an eye out for your livestreams :)

And yes, you will be missed. Sorely!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can't leave us!

Best of luck in your new job.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank YOU nwnghost! :)
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Noooo, you are not allowed to leave us som ;(

Who am I going to spam with PMs now!

Thanks for all your hard work and good luck in your new role. I'll keep an eye out for your livestreams :)

And yes, you will be missed. Sorely!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks! MIMICS
    dardove wrote: »
    You can't leave us!

Best of luck in your new job.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    you can't leave us. you didn't make me a mod yet lol so i could run rampant on the forums bwahahahaha. just kidding. gonna miss you around here. have fun.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I hope you fail at your new job so you'll come back here (I'm selfish that way).

Seriously, tho' - congratulations and may you find excitement and happiness and success in your new efforts. If you love what you do, you'll do it well and working with kids (in a teaching capacity) is awesome (I've done it for several years). The rewarding feeling cannot be beat. And though some might read this as some kind of silly suck-up, I want to say you are among the *definitely better) GMs I've had the pleasure to experience. Cryptic's loss in losing you, I say. We can only hope your replacements will be as good.

Thanks for all your hard work. And I'll even not unfollow you at Twitter. Promise. ~snicker~
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Will miss you too, but I'll be around! :)
    rhoric wrote: »
    you can't leave us. you didn't make me a mod yet lol so i could run rampant on the forums bwahahahaha. just kidding. gonna miss you around here. have fun.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks angrysprite! :) And thanks for being such an active community member!
    I hope you fail at your new job so you'll come back here (I'm selfish that way).

Seriously, tho' - congratulations and may you find excitement and happiness and success in your new efforts. If you love what you do, you'll do it well and working with kids (in a teaching capacity) is awesome (I've done it for several years). The rewarding feeling cannot be beat. And though some might read this as some kind of silly suck-up, I want to say you are among the *definitely better) GMs I've had the pleasure to experience. Cryptic's loss in losing you, I say. We can only hope your replacements will be as good.

Thanks for all your hard work. And I'll even not unfollow you at Twitter. Promise. ~snicker~
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Aww man, now we will have to break in a new CM. Someone will need to lug out and dust off all the torture equipment. :D

I don't envy anyone having to step up to fill your shoes. You honestly set the bar pretty high. Good luck with the new gig.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited February 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Aww man, now we will have to break in a new CM. Someone will need to lug out and dust off all the torture equipment. :D

I don't envy anyone having to step up to fill your shoes. You honestly set the bar pretty high. Good luck with the new gig.

GG, Som! Best of luck in your next gig. sockmunkey, I'm a little concerned as to why you have torture equipment readily available somewhere.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why use torture equipment when there are spiders, mimics, and clowns we can use instead?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Aww, thanks! :)
    sockmunkey wrote: »

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Pin asks the important questions around here.

Thanks Pin!
    GG, Som! Best of luck in your next gig. sockmunkey, I'm a little concerned as to why you have torture equipment readily available somewhere.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    . . . Going to miss you being around, Som. May your future endeavors be grand, indeed!
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I hope the next CM if there is one cares a little more about PVP and community feedback surrounding PVP.

Hope you do well Sominator!
  • Options
    chthonicmythoschthonicmythos Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2014
    NOOOOOO! WHY???
    Is it because of Tenacity? The new forum layout? Don't leave us!
    In all seriousness, congrats on the new position! I know it's crazy hard to get faculty positions in this economy.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Aaaaw, it's so sad to see you go. You've always been a great help around here.
    But I'm sure you'll have a better future wherever you're heading. You'll be missed, and take care!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    mute209mute209 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Best of luck with your new job, Som! You're a cool dude. :D
  • Options
    thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sorry Som, but "I quit" threads are against RoC ... banhamster might be coming your way ;)

Best of luck in your new position! You'll be missed!
This discussion has been closed.