What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Fond Farewell!

Comments

• Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks everybody! I'm humbled, you rock! :):):)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think I missed something? Is Sominator quitting? I feel like I should know something that I don't.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Take care and best of luck with your future endeavors!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for everything you've done for the game Som and thanks for playing with us. You'll be missed here and in zone chat.
  • Options
    macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sominator wrote: »
    P.S. - My last day as Community Manager will be Friday. :)
    P.P.S. – For those wondering, I’m taking a faculty position and will be teaching media-related fun stuff, partially inspired by my work in the games industry!
    P.P.P.S. – You can’t have my stuff. :P

Mmmm. Is someone Bored of The Rings?

In related news, be well, and I hope you find happiness and meaning on your new journey.

Namaste,
    -Helos
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    You say yes, I say no, you say go, and I say no, no, no.
    Don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.

While you will be sorely missed as our Community Manager I wish you all the best with the teaching job. You're going to have a blast!

On the bright side, you'll be able to PvP in the adventure hour now!
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    After reading the announcement I pondered long on the response. Should I speculate on possible reasons to how and why? Is it due to changes in game , behind the scenes, ..... in the end the reasons don't matter much because we are loosing one of the most active and friendly CMs I have come across of any MMO I have played.

May your blades never dull.
  • Options
    vazforcevazforce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi SOM :3

thank you for all the fun & entertainment.
    I wish you good luck and I'll see you on ur channel ;)

seeya.Byeee

Cya!
    Hello Everyone! c[^__^c] Here's Matos2k, Check out my Thread NW PvP & More! - Videos [HD+]
    There you'll find High Quality Neverwinter PvP Domination Videos or Feel free to visit my Channel!
    Matos2k Thxs for watching! Cya!
  • Options
    belerofonte9belerofonte9 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thx for all your work, Som.

And even if there are no prizes in your Adv. Hours, i'll be there to hear your voice acting reading that random lore.

Good luck!
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Although Im not active in this Forum as much as I wish, surely Ill miss Som, cuz hes a amazing CM and deeply wish the best of luck in ur new job.

At least Ull be in ur own NWAH. I love when u say "Hey Everybody!" whenever it starts! :o
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Good luck in your next venture!
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Like stated by others I have appreciated how active and awesome you have been as a CM.
    As long as I know that I will be able to watch NWAH when im supposed to be working I will be ok :)

Sadly I think this greatly lowers our chances for a Giant Miniature Space Hamster companion and spider pudding mimics :(

Thanks again Som, I have an /emote fistbump for you next time I see you in the realms.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for putting up with this motley crew of a gamer base. I'd say that I will miss you, but that would be claiming my aim is off :P

There is no nobler a profession then an educator.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    throsbi wrote: »
    Should I speculate on possible reasons to how and why?

It is a little known fact that Som is actually a doctor. Seriously. He has a PHD in communications.

There is no negative reason that caused Som to move on to another job. The proof is that he will still be doing the Neverwinter Adventure Hour on his own personal time. Sadly, for us, another job opportunity just tempted our doctor away. :(
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    som is all adventure, some direction. ;)

just a little bit.
  • Options
    tribalsagetribalsage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That sucks.. sorry to see you go. Take care and enjoy the next adventure.
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Noooooooo...

Who will sport epic beards now?

• Options
    kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We will all miss the voice of gentle reason. Bye - hope the new gig is a happy one!
  • Options
    galantdramongalantdramon Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    <Bleep> it, we'll miss you.

Those kids (or whoever you're teaching) better appreciate the awesomeness that is The Sominator.

And I'm sure this is totally not something about you being kicked out for having too much fun and giving away too many of those bags and boxes and stuff (you should have just given away the stuff in them, bags and boxes are -way- swanky and expensive and stuff). ~_^

See you in the Adventure Hour this afternoon! (and heck, maybe even the next one, although 15 minutes of warning is -not- cool...funny maybe in a "oh <bleep> all hands on deck!" kinda way though)
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It would be funny if any of them actually play Neverwinter.
  • Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sad to see you leave PWE but glad to hear it is for a good cause. I have followed you on the various sites so I can keep up with you.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Good on you for getting out and moving up. Try not to bring bad habits with you to the new workplace! :)
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wish you a great time on your new job :)

And you have given the other CM's a difficult task to get to your level of awesome CMing...

I am sad to see you go, but all the good wishes I can find for your future
    And I will try to be in the non-official Adventure Hours :)
    Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Good luck! It looks like you've found a cool new job opportunity. I've been a teacher for several years (and in a way i'm still one) and it's been my best experience so far. It's probably more interesting than facing angry customers with little to no reading abilities! :p
  • Options
    valiant4evervaliant4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Best of luck to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sominator, you've been a great CM from the very beginning. A faculty position sounds challenging and rewarding. I wish you the best.

P.P.P.P.S: Srsly, can I have your stuff even though said no? Hahahaha. Have a grand new adventure.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Good luck in your future endeavors.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    piklenpiklen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yikes! Sominator is posting a "I quit" thread.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gz gg gl hf Sominator
    Who will take care of the podcasts now?
This discussion has been closed.