test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.10.20140128a.4

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited February 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Full list of patch notes available here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1092101
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    benjaminboo1benjaminboo1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sounds pretty good!
  • Options
    synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yay! My GWF can finally complete Filial Villainy... now that she's doing Dread Ring and Sharandar. :P (My neatnik and completionist nature can now be sated.)

Can't wait to check out the new event! I like the new variety there, too. Less grind-y, more adventure-y! That the challenges fit their respective deities is even more cool. Nice touch, there.

Thanks, guys. Keep up the great work!
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Full list of patch notes available here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1092101

Again, three browser tabs to open the patch notes. Not cool, man... not cool at all.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice patch!
  • Options
    mmaiammaia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh my God, now I understand why I was always so frustrated with the arcane coffers even with my highest rank gauntlet... I feel betrayed!

Well, thank you for fixing it, I hope now rewards will get much better =) keep up with the great work, I love the game!
    :o
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for addressing some major annoyances!
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Again, three browser tabs to open the patch notes. Not cool, man... not cool at all.
    . . . Again, just bookmark the following link if three clicks is too much for you. Then when you know there are patch notes, you can just click your bookmark.
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=nw-patch-notes
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any information about the new lockboxes? if they are going to start dropping after maintenance a heads up about their contents would be appreciated.
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . Again, just bookmark the following link if three clicks is too much for you. Then when you know there are patch notes, you can just click your bookmark.
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=nw-patch-notes

or you could just link to that directly
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Classes and Balance
    • Guardian Fighters: Animations and FX will now completely play for this class similar to all other classes instead of cutting slightly short.

Question:

Does this make the animations last even longer or have they been sped up a bit to compensate?

Reason I ask is because out of all the classes, Guardians have the longest and slowest animations on their encounter/daily powers. Extending them even further, no matter whether the animation is now complete will surely upset GF players.

Thank you for the new CotG event and fixes!
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    battiermossbattiermoss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Invocation Gift – When opened, this item resets the cooldown on Invocation and grants you an Ardent Coin*.

*: It is not intended for players to get more than one Ardent Coin per day.
    does this mean 1 ardent coin per day through invocation and challenge combined?
    OR
    1 from challenge and 1 from invocation for a total of 2 in a day?
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Really...? You go to the effort of giving Brutal enchantments their own icon, but you still won't let us Disable weapon/armor enchantment or Shirt/Pants visuals? And armor enchants of Greater or Perfect still show on characters' legs even when they're bare?

Is this really too much to ask, that it is ignored patch after patch after patch?

Enchantment visuals are a issue they want to deal with but they don't have a current schedule for when -
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?588531-Shadowmantle-Owlbear-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-10-20140113a-4&p=7085881&viewfull=1#post7085881
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Any information about the new lockboxes? if they are going to start dropping after maintenance a heads up about their contents would be appreciated.

Next week. Not today.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Really...? You go to the effort of giving Brutal enchantments their own icon, but you still won't let us Disable weapon/armor enchantment or Shirt/Pants visuals? And armor enchants of Greater or Perfect still show on characters' legs even when they're bare?

Is this really too much to ask, that it is ignored patch after patch after patch?

Because it just requires one of the artists to make up a few icons. Disabling weapon/armor enchantments would require more work from a completely different department.
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No need to be rude. Just thinking that the patch nodes should be linked directly. ;)
  • Options
    maddogrenomaddogreno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    After this last patch all my characters who is in Protector's Enclave i cant use when Game client stop working when load map.
    Even characters who is in other place works but right away when try to go Protector's Enclave Game client grash again!
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Thank you so much for directly linking to the patch notes. Hiding it three links in was amateur hour, and everyone knew it.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Woo fey weapons are back.
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    After this patch any character in dreadring or trying to enter dreadring crashes me to desktop with error 26836771. I have tried verifying, deleteing error and preference files and loading in safe mode. Nothing works. Anyone else having this issue or has a fix?
  • Options
    drbrown2drbrown2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can't seem to get past the loading screen. I have tried adjusting directx and nvidia with no success yet. I also am told that there is an error in my files yet verification doesn't seem to find the error. The message keeps coming up.

Also, it seems like I keep downloading patches. Hopefully I can quit downloading and play the game. I am putting playing wow on hold so I can play this game.
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Woo fey weapons are back.

Nope, they are not. At least I don't see them.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes they are. They are in the Sharandar store not the Bazaar
  • Options
    oreonmilkoreonmilk Member Posts: 39
    edited February 2014
    gateway is really lagging... epic fail to submit profession tasks from it..
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited February 2014
    Oh my god...

THANK YOU CRYPTIC!

My GWF's sword lines up! If this fixed nothing else it would still be my favorite patch so far just for that!

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    jdmillsjdmills Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Would be nice to be able to log into the game... client goes unrepsonsive on the Neverwinter loading screen. It does this to me with EVERY SINGLE patch, without fail. Nobody can tell me it's my internet, either, since everything else works just fine. Rip and reinstall did nothing to solve this.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love the gateway daily awards, though I usually have extremely bad luck with rng, I've managed to roll 20 twice from my 4 rolls so far and I really like those profession resources and enchantment bags you get as reward for that.

I also like that I can view the epic item collections on gateway and don't have to search the ah or wiki for a specific weapon description, it's all right there. Even though the dark purple text on black background when viewing items by location is unreadable to me.
  • Options
    gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    Question:

Does this make the animations last even longer or have they been sped up a bit to compensate?

Reason I ask is because out of all the classes, Guardians have the longest and slowest animations on their encounter/daily powers. Extending them even further, no matter whether the animation is now complete will surely upset GF players.

Same question here. Hoped they going to buff the GF a bit and now that.
  • Options
    fourth4thfourth4th Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jdmills wrote: »
    Would be nice to be able to log into the game... client goes unrepsonsive on the Neverwinter loading screen. It does this to me with EVERY SINGLE patch, without fail. Nobody can tell me it's my internet, either, since everything else works just fine. Rip and reinstall did nothing to solve this.

This happens to me also. Every other online game works fine and reinstalling does nothing to help.
This discussion has been closed.