test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ARC Promotion

jgp1975jgp1975 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3030473-come-grab-your-free-arc-gifts

Neverwinter

•Faithful Initiate
•Potion of Rejuvenation x10
•Tidespan Potion x10
•Potion of Lesser Healing x10
•Portable Altar x5
•Identify Scrolls (bound) x5

According to the offer we would get the Faithful Initiate for installing ARC, redeeming the code via ARC, and playing NWO via ARC. When I check the PE Promo Vendor I see Renegade Illusionist listed instead. So if someone could fix the ARC site listing, or correct the in game companion on the Promo Vendor. That would be great. Thanks.
Post edited by jgp1975 on

Comments

• madcat1991madcat1991 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    According to the offer we would get the Faithful Initiate for installing ARC, redeeming the code via ARC, and playing NWO via ARC. When I check the PE Promo Vendor I see Renegade Illusionist listed instead. So if someone could fix the ARC site listing, or correct the in game companion on the Promo Vendor. That would be great. Thanks.

Exact same thing :( let's hope it gets fixed... I could really use that companion :3
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The cleric companion came from an IGN Prime promotion, (possibly still available). I like the Illusionist since I didn't already have him unlocked...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • jgp1975jgp1975 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Listing has been changed to Renegade Illusionist. Problem solved.
    edited January 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The cleric companion came from an IGN Prime promotion, (possibly still available). I like the Illusionist since I didn't already have him unlocked...

It is mentioned in the list that the Tiefling Cleric companion comes with the arc redeem code.
    edited January 2014
    awww :( it was the illusionist after all... oh well xD
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So why would someone want to install Arc?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    So why would someone want to install Arc?

For these rewards? This is the whole purpose of the promotion: to show people like you with doubts that it's really not so bad (I've been using ARC personally since its initial release, months and months ago, I forget when exactly). I like it a lot, but admittedly it's not for everyone.

The whole point to get people like you to at least *try* ARC out. It doesn't hurt to do so. You'll either find that you like it and keep it or you'll decide that you don't and you'll uninstall it. Either way, it's a win-win. If you end-up liking it then great, if not then at least you'll know for yourself, rather than go on rumor that it's the evil of all evils and blah, blah.

By the way everyone: the Companion is account-wide; character-bound.
    edited January 2014
    For these rewards? This is the whole purpose of the promotion: to show people like you with doubts that it's really not so bad (I've been using ARC personally since its initial release, months and months ago, I forget when exactly). I like it a lot, but admittedly it's not for everyone.

The whole point to get people like you to at least *try* ARC out. It doesn't hurt to do so. You'll either find that you like it and keep it or you'll decide that you don't and you'll uninstall it. Either way, it's a win-win. If you end-up liking it then great, if not then at least you'll know for yourself, rather than go on rumor that it's the evil of all evils and blah, blah.

By the way everyone: the Companion is account-wide; character-bound.

Right, but I still don't see what the purpose of Arc is and why we should care. Seen people complaining about it, but not much more than that.

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Because eventually ARC will be the all in one launcher to play any Cryptic/PWE game as they will be doing away with the individual game launchers.
    edited January 2014
    Right, but I still don't see what the purpose of Arc is and why we should care. Seen people complaining about it, but not much more than that.

At some point in the future, (as others have pointed out), the ONLY way to launch NW, CO, STO, and various other associated games, will likely be through ARC. PWE will also likely make it a clearinghouse for news, promotions, and other FAQs/FYIs. It also has some social aspects to it, which PWE probably wants to see us make more use of...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • gigibopgigibop Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    SO i opened the package after everything, but i never got the Renegade Illusionist, i got the other items, anyone else get this issue? The package ingame does not show that the Renegade Illusionist is part of the redeem package, yet on the site it is, any chance it can be fixed?

http://imgur.com/juGshSH
    ^Screenshot of image in-game of the package (Companion absent)
    edited January 2014
    gigibop wrote: »
    SO i opened the package after everything, but i never got the Renegade Illusionist, i got the other items, anyone else get this issue? The package ingame does not show that the Renegade Illusionist is part of the redeem package, yet on the site it is, any chance it can be fixed?

Did you check with the reward vendor in PE?

edited January 2014
    You have to see the rewards vendor for the companion. It will be found under the Special Tab on the vendor.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We lose enough of our information to the NSA and Google, what's what more... right?
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014

once arc is fully implemented, you won't have the neverwinter loader/patcher. arc will take care of that. i currently have arc installed and i also have steam installed. i don't have any system issues with either of those programs co-existing. it's not popping up advertisements or causing lag. it's not telling me that i need to try out this PWE game or that PWE game. i couldn't tell you why people complain about it other than the fact that it's new, it's change and people don't like change. PWE is pretty excited about arc because it's going to open a lot of doors for them as a game publisher. so whether you choose to use arc or steam, it really doesn't matter. if you don't like arc and will never use arc, that's fine. but there's really no need for anyone to come here to announce just that. as with any feedback you provide on these forums, as long as you give constructive feedback, you can explain why you don't like arc. if you are having issues with it, there are ways for you to provide that feedback to the arc team.

this is from the arc beta website:
    What is the current development focus of Arc?

Our current development focus is basic functionality. At present, we've intentionally avoided adding any overhead so that the entire focus of player feedback can be on performance.

We've got long-term plans to look into adding features for convenience, social interaction, and fun factor. We'd like to develop these updates in collaboration with our community, so we're hoping to start taking suggestions and ideas as soon as everyone's had the chance to get familiar with the platform and we've worked out the inevitable kinks with rolling out a brand-new version of an application to a global audience. I'd describe the order of our goals as follows:

-Create a lightweight, reliable application for downloading games and hosting game news.

-Work with our community to optimize performance and hardware compatibility.

-Implement suggestions and ideas based on community requests.

For the short term, I would say that the main draw of checking out the client is to provide feedback and influence its development. If you're the type that would prefer to wait for compelling features to be added before checking out Arc, that's totally fine, too. There's no pressure to check out this early development version if you're happy with your current setup.

so if you haven't tried out arc and don't care to, that's cool. no one is forcing you to. these promos are designed to get you to at least check it out.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So if we get the Renegade Evoker, Renegade Illusionist, and Renegade Conjurer, do they combine their powers to form Renegade Captain Thayan?
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    So if we get the Renegade Evoker, Renegade Illusionist, and Renegade Conjurer, do they combine their powers to form Renegade Captain Thayan?

No... you'd still need the Renegade Necromancer and Heart!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I finally bit the bullet and installed Arc to take advantage of this promo and to be honest I'm pleasantly surprised , going by the horror stories I have read on the forum I was expecting login issues and lag and all sorts of problems but suffered no issues what so ever .
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Where in arc is the redeem code tab when I look its not there
    edited January 2014
    As myself and others have said. We have never really had any problems and you can also go to the forums while you are ingame by opening up the ARC browser. Or open a new tab in the ARC Browser and go to your guild forums or go to the wiki. All while being logged into the game. No more alt tabbing out of the game and opening up your web browser
    Where in arc is the redeem code tab when I look its not there

top right corner, click on your name and it will have a drop down menu
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Click on your name in the top right corner and there should be a redeem key option.
    edited January 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    As myself and others have said. We have never really had any problems and you can also go to the forums while you are ingame by opening up the ARC browser. Or open a new tab in the ARC Browser and go to your guild forums or go to the wiki. All while being logged into the game. No more alt tabbing out of the game and opening up your web browser

top right corner, click on your name and it will have a drop down menu

That is simple good I like arc, but the redeem key tab is hiden and that is a no no.

P.S Thanks
    edited January 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Click on your name in the top right corner and there should be a redeem key option.

Yeah I found it thanks.
    edited January 2014
    after you log into arc, click on your account name in the upper right and there should be a 'redeem key' option there.

*don't mind me... late to the party as usual :p
  • trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    That is simple good I like arc, but the redeem key tab is hiden and that is a no no.

Yeah it's hidden so well they have a picture on the same page that gave you the code showing you exactly where it is
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I guess my question is. OK lets say I try arc and don't like it. Can I uninstall arc without losing my already installed NW and PW games?
  • gigibopgigibop Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    just because it's "Hidden" doesn't make it a no no.... if they included everything on the front other people will complain of it being clustered
    edited January 2014
    snotty wrote: »
    I guess my question is. OK lets say I try arc and don't like it. Can I uninstall arc without losing my already installed NW and PW games?

with the current version of arc, this is my understanding since arc is not yet acting as the loader/patcher. future versions of arc may not have this option.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    with the current version of arc, this is my understanding since arc is not yet acting as the loader/patcher. future versions of arc may not have this option.

no offense but that's a little too iffy of an answer. I don't mind trying arc, hell even without the rewards I'd give it a shot but I don't want to be forced to continue using it if I don't like it simply do to the fact that uninstalling it would cause me many headaches with reinstalling my games the way I have them now.
  • casmelakcasmelak Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    Because eventually ARC will be the all in one launcher to play any Cryptic/PWE game as they will be doing away with the individual game launchers.

Steam is my preferred portal, if I have to use one at all. I'd prefer to just have an application installed without having a 'loader' for it.

I don't really care if it's an option for other people, so long as I can keep using what I'm using I'll be happy.