Install Arc
Options

ARC Promotion

12346»

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have given the ARC launcher a 3 day trial and honestly do not see any added value for me as a customer. It certainly does not do anything harmful, but it does not give any capabilities that I did not have before. The stand alone Launcher gives me as much information as the portal homepage. It does not make accessing the game any easier then the current Launcher. It does save me 2 clicks and a log in for accessing the Forum, but then again I don't go to the Forum every time I play, and I haven't necessarily played when I am reading the Forum so that is kind of a wash for me. As for the other options it currently offers they hold no value for me as I only play Neverwinter and I have no interest in the other PWE properties, nor do I need yet another social network platform.

casmelak does make a number of valid points in his post (#143) that I can agree with as well.

Now if I could use the ARC portal to also access the SCA Gateway that might be a useful feature for me.

Will it bother me if it becomes the sole access point? No. Will bother it me if it ceases to exist? No.

ARC allowing access to SCA would be stunningly awesome.
    Good comment. I admit I tend to be an early-adopter (hence a beta player for both STO and NW and still here). ARC is a paradigm-shift, a change and most people are wary of, even outright afraid of change so the knee-jerk lash back is probably to be expected and many of the shrill shouts against it in this and other threads are just, well... knee-jerk reaction.

However, a thoughtful post like this is useful to everyone! :)

An old saying still holds true to this day: Never raise your voice when you should reinforce your argument. Hell, I even have difficulty with this one sometimes.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've used Arc exclusively since coming back, until last night, when I had an issue with Arc (which would take too long to explain, & was at least partially my fault) & I switched to the standalone launcher. I'll be using the standalone from now on.

I have to agree with Ordensmarschall.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    wmtrexlerwmtrexler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    bloatware (uncountable)
    (computing) Software that is overpacked with features and therefore slow or unwieldy; software that is inefficiently designed and occupies an excessive amount of memory or disk space.

ARC does not meet that definition but to me Steam does meet that

That is why I personally object to Arc. Not because what it is, but because of what it will become. I started using Steam in the 90's. Back then it was as Arc is now. Over time Steam evolved and expanded and bloated into what it is today. So when I look at Arc I see its future and that is what I do not like about it.
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The thing I would most like to see out of Arc is a single unified login (that works) and unified maintenance patching. Those are the primary useful functions for me.

I don't care about the browser because I use Chrome and Firefox with adblock plus. If the Arc browser could use an adblocker with custom cookie management then I wouldn't mind using it.

The ability to purchase Zen and apply game codes are also great features. They aren't the primary reason I would like the platform, but they do add value and give the platform a more robust feeling.

One possible issue I'm seeing is that I get game disconnects when launching Neverwinter from the Arc app when the game is installed through Steam. To resolve this I exited Steam before I launched the game. I haven't seen this often enough to conclude this was the problem though. If I can reproduce it then I'll send a bug report in.

Overall this current version of Arc is a huge improvement over previous versions. I haven't had it installed for a little while now and I do notice a difference.
  • Options
    harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I thought it was a title.. would've been awesome to have that as a title.. guess i'll keep using my Conjurer title for now.

Question, is the companion redeemble once, or can i claim it on all my characters? would like to have one for the Warlock when it's released (already saved Mimic and Fawn for it) and would like to have this one aswell.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    harkin wrote: »
    I thought it was a title.. would've been awesome to have that as a title.. guess i'll keep using my Conjurer title for now.

Question, is the companion redeemble once, or can i claim it on all my characters? would like to have one for the Warlock when it's released (already saved Mimic and Fawn for it) and would like to have this one aswell.

It is an account unlock.
  • Options
    kamatsudashkamatsudash Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have a question: If you install ARC then add it as an "Non-Steam Game" to Steam, would launching ARC through steam liek that then allow you to use the Steam overlay?

I've read in a few post's in this thread that people were saying they had to choose either Steam or ARC and thus be restricted to either only Steam friends/actions or ARC/PWE friends/action's - wouldn't running ARC via steam as a non-steam game bypass that choice & allow someone to get the friends/actions/community/etc of both Steam and ARC/PWE ?

Also, silly question.. but where is the actual NPC where you get the companion reward from? I'll admit I have no idea where they are found (I honestly only play on-and-off due to RL.. and been playing a lot of STO recently. lol). Also, is the companion level restricted?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have a question: If you install ARC then add it as an "Non-Steam Game" to Steam, would launching ARC through steam liek that then allow you to use the Steam overlay?

I've read in a few post's in this thread that people were saying they had to choose either Steam or ARC and thus be restricted to either only Steam friends/actions or ARC/PWE friends/action's - wouldn't running ARC via steam as a non-steam game bypass that choice & allow someone to get the friends/actions/community/etc of both Steam and ARC/PWE ?

Also, silly question.. but where is the actual NPC where you get the companion reward from? I'll admit I have no idea where they are found (I honestly only play on-and-off due to RL.. and been playing a lot of STO recently. lol). Also, is the companion level restricted?

imho, adding arc as a non-steam game is overkill. use one or the other. as for the arc promo item, it can be collected from the reward claims agent found in protector's enclave across the hall from sergeant knox. it's the guy in the "store front" close to the guy you get your "peasant garb" from at level 4.

currently, i'm running both arc and steam. they can both be loaded at boot up. i haven't had any issues thus far.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

I have both Arc and Steam installed. Running Arc as a non-Steam game entry doesn't give you both overlays. A game has to support the Steam overlay and not all Steam games do (like To The Moon). Since Arc launches the game and not Steam, the Steam overlay isn't loaded.

I ran both Steam and Arc at the same time while playing Neverwinter. I had some disconnect problems the first day, but I think that was either internet or server, but not due to either Arc or Steam as I have not been able to reproduce that again since.

Personally, I've chosen to remove my mmos from Steam and just run my single and coop/multi-player games through it. Arc will launch my PWE games, Aeria for Aura Kingdom, and Rift, EQ2, Tera, and GW2 will launch on their own. I just didn't find the benefit in Steam running my mmos that way. For my other games it works great.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can someone link the companion active bonus? Thank you
  • Options
    dashdrvrdashdrvr Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    You logged into ARC, clicked your account name, clicked 'Redeem Key', pasted in fbyjHBUe clicked submit, and nothing happened?

I'm having the same issue. In my Reedeemed keys it shows an Arc welcome gift but I have not received anything in the mail on any of my characters.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4325/kw/ARC

you will not see anything in the mail. you need to go speak to the reward claims agent in PE to claim your free items.
  • Options
    roadkill68roadkill68 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    Can someone link the companion active bonus? Thank you

The active bonus of the renegade illusionist from the ARC promotion is +55 lifesteal and +55 deflect.
  • Options
    gibsonshdcasegibsonshdcase Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yep, same problem. RI isn't in the special tab either. Just not there. Is there somewhere else to redeem?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You redeem the companion at the special items vendor NPC in Protector's Enclave. This is the same NPC where you retrieve other promotional items, Feywild and Guardian packs, and that sort of thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    If you are still experiencing issues with this please send an email to feedback@arcgames.com with as much detail as possible about the issue so we can attempt to resolve it.

Thanks,

Dwight
    I am experiencing a serious problem with a Zen purchase through Arc and how my wallet balance is updated. I've already submitted a billing ticket. Should I submit feedback on this to the arc email or is the billing ticket sufficient?
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    torskaldr wrote: »
    I am experiencing a serious problem with a Zen purchase through Arc and how my wallet balance is updated. I've already submitted a billing ticket. Should I submit feedback on this to the arc email or is the billing ticket sufficient?

Purchasing ZEN through ARC sends the Zen directly to the game you selected when buying it - it don't go into your PWE Wallet and there is no choice to select your PWE Wallet (as of this post) - I've put in a feature request for this option. I suggest you look at the Z-Store of the game you have selected before you hit the BUY button while purchasing ZEN inside ARC.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Purchasing ZEN through ARC sends the Zen directly to the game you selected when buying it - it don't go into your PWE Wallet and there is no choice to select your PWE Wallet (as of this post) - I've put in a feature request for this option. I suggest you look at the Z-Store of the game you have selected before you hit the BUY button while purchasing ZEN inside ARC.
    I could see that it should have added it to the game as you have to choose a game before you buy it. But it didn't work that way.

It didn't show up in the game. When I tried to transfer it from my wallet (in the arc program) it removed the Zen from my wallet giving me a negative balance. My in game balance is 300Z short. It didn't add the bonus Zen to either my wallet or in game. The transaction history shows a negative balance in my Zen wallet, but the wallet itself correctly shows the 500Z it should have. I'm just not sure where the 300Z got lost.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One Item appears under CLAIM & other under PROMO tab.
    jgp1975 wrote: »
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3030473-come-grab-your-free-arc-gifts

Neverwinter

•Faithful Initiate
    •Potion of Rejuvenation x10
    •Tidespan Potion x10
    •Potion of Lesser Healing x10
    •Portable Altar x5
    •Identify Scrolls (bound) x5

According to the offer we would get the Faithful Initiate for installing ARC, redeeming the code via ARC, and playing NWO via ARC. When I check the PE Promo Vendor I see Renegade Illusionist listed instead. So if someone could fix the ARC site listing, or correct the in game companion on the Promo Vendor. That would be great. Thanks.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wow, this one was way way way way WAY down at the bottom of the pile. Necro FTW.