test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ARC Promotion

Comments

• Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I can see a benefit for the multi-game player to use ARC, but what is the benefit for the single game player?

When I log in with ARC it uses the game launcher anyway. The social aspect I suppose is nice, but I have a Facebook account that is already suffering from neglect. The integration with the Forum can be beneficial if looking for something specific, but then why have a chat system? I'm certainly not going to be reading the forum while working my way through the Dread Ring. Looks nice, but doesn't offer anything I can't already do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    komodoonekomodoone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 64
    edited January 2014
    Where is the vendor at in PE?
  • Options
    komodoonekomodoone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 64
    edited January 2014
    komodoone wrote: »
    Where is the vendor at in PE?

Never mind :)
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Rendered unnecessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    casmelak wrote: »
    Steam is my preferred portal, if I have to use one at all. I'd prefer to just have an application installed without having a 'loader' for it.

I don't really care if it's an option for other people, so long as I can keep using what I'm using I'll be happy.

Previously they have told players who used STO on Steam, that they will be able to continue using the Cryptic launcher that we have now after Arc makes the switch. The same should apply to NW users who play the game through Steam as well.
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    People cry about Arc but use Steam, the irony is killing me.
  • Options
    casmelakcasmelak Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    People cry about Arc but use Steam, the irony is killing me.

What I'll say is this. Steam is not exclusive to games from a particular company or publisher.

Steam already provides the service that Arc is proposing to 'solve'.

All of the issues that Arc is supposed to solve, could be just as easily solved with a proper SOA regardless of the launcher or game client.

For myself, I only use Steam because it's an established service, with a wide partner-base, and a substantial and ever-expanding catalog.

I do not use Origin, for the same reasons I do not have interest in Arc.

If Arc grows, and changes in the future, I might reconsider my position. As it stands, with what they're proposing, it doesn't sound like it's worth space on my hard-drive.

YMMV
  • Options
    casmelakcasmelak Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Previously they have told players who used STO on Steam, that they will be able to continue using the Cryptic launcher that we have now after Arc makes the switch. The same should apply to NW users who play the game through Steam as well.

I agree. And that comports with what has been said by mods, as well as what is in the FAQ provided.

I thought that it might be informative or useful feedback that there is a subset of their player base who do not feel the lack of not having the 'service' they're proposing to offer. And for whom the status quo, in that regard, is satisfactory. Neither do I feel threatened or defensive about their plans to expand Arc. More power to them, I wish them the best of luck. I have something that works for me, and I'd have to be given a very compelling reason to change that.
  • Options
    jman75nhjman75nh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I did do the code from arc submitted it but when i went into the game didnt get the Renegade Illusionist like it says i get...
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jman75nh wrote: »
    I did do the code from arc submitted it but when i went into the game didnt get the Renegade Illusionist like it says i get...

You checked the reclaim vendor under the promo tab, right?
  • Options
    anrulusanrulus Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Quite happy with this promo. Been out of the game for a few months, this will drag me back kicking and screaming :)
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I installed Steam last night to see what all the hoopla was all about with it. I noticed it takes up 335 megs on my HD compared to the 104 megs that ARC uses. Also noticed it uses about the same resources that ARC uses. Someone on STO forums complained that ARC sent their computer from using 20% of their resources to 100%. Told them that their computer was messed up cause with everything I have running on my computer including ARC did not go above 35%
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, do we get the Renegade Illusionist or Faithful initiate? Was it fixed?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    So, do we get the Renegade Illusionist or Faithful initiate? Was it fixed?

Renegade Illusionist. The text on the article was corrected.
  • Options
    duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    We lose enough of our information to the NSA and Google, what's what more... right?

I'm with this guy, the script is full of malware so yeah no thanks guys i will stick with the normal launcher.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm with this guy, the script is full of malware so yeah no thanks guys i will stick with the normal launcher.

Don't know where you got that info from but no it doesn't
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The cleric companion came from an IGN Prime promotion, (possibly still available). I like the Illusionist since I didn't already have him unlocked...

Could you post a link with info about this promotion ?

i mean cleric one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    Could you post a link with info about this promotion ?

i mean cleric one

Sure, here ya go: http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/neverwinter

*Note - you MUST subscribe to IGN Prime for at least one month, (which comes to about $7 US or so), but you can cancel before that month is up, and still retain the companion for all your present and future characters.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    starcherstarcher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'll try to simplify the explanation since people don't understand: If you've used Steam, Arc is the same but only for PWE games. In Steam, you can communicate with other friends who are logged into Steam, playing Steam games, and use the Steam overlay for a browser and other featuress. Okay now follow along: Subsitute the word Arc for Steam and that's what Arc is but specifically for PWE games and friends from PWE games.

If you play Neverwinter on Steam, you won't need Arc (PWE would never abandon the large Steam community by blocking them). However, if you have Neverwinter installed as an independent client free from Steam/Arc, like I do, you will have to choose one. If you play Neverwinter through Steam, you won't need Arc.

The only bad part about me switching to Arc is having to download the whole 20gb full game again (unless there's a way to migrate it to Arc). Is there a way to migrate game files to Arc without having to download it all again? I'm guessing the biggest hurdle is not wanting to go through the download/install again. I know that all the game data can be taken from the steamapps/common folder and obviously if someone has the independent game client then their files are in its program files folder. How do we migrate the data so we don't have to do a second full install?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    When you install ARC it should automatically detect where NW is. I have had NW installed since May, well before ARC came out. I installed ARC when it first came out and it detected NW. My NW install folder is not even in the same folder where ARC, STO and Forsaken World are installed.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, Arc was able to detect the game in my steam folder and the game is still located there.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The only game I play from PWE is Neverwinter, so what added value does ARC bring for me? I don't use Steam either, so comparing it to that is pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kengoh22kengoh22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hi guys, how do u recived the Renegade Illusionist? i have redeem it from the reward zone pack. there is no any Renegade Illusionist.
  • Options
    starcherstarcher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cool I didn't know it would detect.

To the person pleading to be shown why there is value, you cannot be convinced so why continue to ask? All the reasons are given. If it's extremely offensive to your belief system to install a piece of software like Arc or even something open-source and widely supported like Steam, there's no point to continue playing once you are forced to use one or the other. Give your money to a different game and move on. Pretty much every free-to-play publisher is creating their own launcher and/or putting their games on Steam. The number of titles you'll be able to play as a PC gamer without using any grouped launcher interface is exponentially dwindling. You can either bite the bullet and change or switch to developers that are so indie, they are too hipster to even use Steam.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reasons to use Steam:

Season sales as well as weekly/daily deals with great discounts.
    A massive selection of games available in every genre and from most publishers.
    The ability to buy games with money earned from selling (useless) Cards (earned by playing games) to other Steam users.

Reasons to use Arc:

You want to redeem an Arc promo code.
    Err... You want to play multiple F2P MMOs from PWE?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    kengoh22 wrote: »
    hi guys, how do u recived the Renegade Illusionist? i have redeem it from the reward zone pack. there is no any Renegade Illusionist.
    Go to the Reward Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave and look on the Promo Tab.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The new ARC broke my controller support through Pinnacle - I posted in the bug thread about it as well just a heads up for anyone using Pinnacle (and likely Xpadder but I'll have to test that tonight). If you use the steam or old launcher it will still work fine you just need to close the ARC. Just a heads up for those that use these programs (there have been other reports of some mouse buttons ceasing to work etc as well but I can't find the thread to link to it at the moment).
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    After installing ARC I can no longer log in with ARC or the stand alone client. There go my 6 Celestial Coins wheee. It wont finish the patching just keeps saying 'A file was locked that could not be be open for writing'. I am admin and have restarted my computer so not sure how it's locked. Thanks ARC for breaking my game!

BTW choosing the NeverwinterPreview shard makes it through the patching and into the game I just can't seem to get onto the live server.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dumb question time, and apologies for it.

This is my second account. I created it back in early open beta, just so I could try a couple of the other classes before purchasing additional slots. (I've since bought them, and oh, so much more.. haha.)

It has only my GF and my CW on it. I'd like nothing more than to combine the accounts, but I already know they are not going to allow that, and I'm aware of the reasoning.

But my question(s):

1. I know ARC supports multiple accounts on the same network. But how well does it handle (or allow) dual accounts on the same MACHINE?

2. Assuming the above is not a problem, would there be any way to claim the awards on both accounts? (Apart from the one I thought of already, which would be to install ARC on this machine using one account and on my old one using the other.)

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, and I realize this might not be the best thread to post it in. But my current interest is in getting the companion associated with this promotion on both accounts, so that is why it is here.

Thanks!
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |