test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shadowmantle PvP Preview Patch Notes NW.14.20140123a.1

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
This build was originally going to have Elo matchmaking included, however QA discovered an issue that caused us to need to disable it for now.

Combat and Balance
  • General
    • Tenacity no longer grants Armor Penetration suppression.
    • Slightly reduced the default minimum time on standing up from a prone from 1 second to .6 seconds.
  • Great Weapon Fighter
    • Restoring Strike: The heal from this power now properly respects Healing Depression.
  • Guardian Fighter
    • Class Feature Mark: Now features updated FX.
    • Crushing Surge: The heal from this power now properly respects Healing Depression.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Constricting Arrow: The ongoing debuff is now considered a control effect and will be removed by control immunity or prevented by Guardian Fighter’s block.
  • Iron Vanguard
    • Crescendo: Now requires a target in order to activate.
    • Enduring Warrior: The heal from this power now properly respects Healing Depression.
    • Feat Reinforced Surge: Now also increases damage by 1/2/3/4/5%, but additional prone duration is reduced by half.
    • Frontline Surge: Cooldown reduced by 1 second, now impacts 5 targets instead of 3, ground splat increased to better represent effect area. Damage reduced by 25%, and knockdown time reduced against players.
    • Threatening Rush: Will now require a slight delay before reactivation when canceled early.
  • Trickster Rogue
    • Vengeance’s Pursuit: Fixed bug causing power to show higher estimated damage in power selection window than hotbar. Actual damage of power has not been adjusted.

Content and Environment
  • There are now mannequins in the Trade of Blades to display available armor sets.
  • There is now a PvP Domination Victory daily quest available from the Battlemaster in the Trade of Blades.

Items and Economy
  • Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue: The damage dealt by this artifact now correctly respects Tenacity at all ranks.
  • Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue: Fixed bug allowing the thrown potion to benefit from damage buffs.
  • Emblem of Seldarine: The heal from this artifact now properly respects Healing Depression.
  • There are now multiple vendors present in the Trade of Blades:
    • New Rare sets of PvP armor for leveling for Glory are now for sale.
    • There is a new Epic PvP set for each class for sale, stats and costs are not final. These will also be split apart into three sets for varying stats at a later date.

Performance and Stability
  • Resolved a client crash that would occur when attempting to purchase Impact Shot on a Trickster Rogue.

Known Issues
You cannot currently slot enchantments on the new PvP gear. It is still in development as noted above as well.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    This is currently scheduled to be pushed to Preview at 1pm PST.

The Devs (including myself) will be playing today at 3pm PST, come join in !
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?589881-Neverwinter-Adventure-Hour-PvP-with-the-Devs-1-24-3PM-PST
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Probably a braindead moment on my part but what does ELO stand for?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Probably a braindead moment on my part but what does ELO stand for?

Glad you asked! I was not clear on the details either, now I have an article and realized it's "Elo" not "ELO" after the creator Arpad Elo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The pvper in me is all giddy inside. Elo system, pvp gear sets, etc. looks like the pvp is going to be fun again. Toss in a few more maps and a spectator mode and you have a bonefide esport . wahooP. I will be the first to admit I was not overly excited about the changes but now this..........cant wait to try it out.

I sure hope someone is keeping an eye on the effects all this has on the pve side. Keep up the good work! Look forward to this release.
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    edit : Oh, the patch isn't implemented yet ... 2 more hours to wait.
  • Options
    irdillonirdillon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited January 2014
    Iron Vanguard does not have crescendo
  • Options
    pkdeadly1pkdeadly1 Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2014
    ok thank god I do not see a Deep Gash nerf in patch dose this mean the devs changed there mind about nerfing it please say you changed mind I am sure a lot PVE GWF would like to know.

would also be nice to know if there is any plans to make Come and get it add AOW stacks and count as a cc for trample of fallen as this would not really damage pvp and would be nice for pve gwf they would not need a cw as much
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Awesome. I can't wait to see the new gear! Though is there any news about this bug right here?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Awesome. I can't wait to see the new gear! Though is there any news about this bug right here?

Possibly? I forwarded it on anyway.
  • Options
    ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited January 2014
    Unimportant, found it in the notes
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    it would be nice to see some swordmaster buffs to and prone should be removed from frontline
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Amazing new additions :) Very much like how the new sets act and look.

Just one question:

Will there be another new T1 Epic set?

EDIT: Nvm, I got a reply from panderus on the preview :)
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am not sure what to say.

Played 3 matches in this patch. Mostly nothing changed from Live to Preview as things are now, from a CW perspective. Perfects, rank 9s and 8s, PvP build with 990 Tenacity GG set (the new CW T2.5 set is incomplete guys... the gloves are from some other set, different bonus etc.), tried even putting as many points in Con as possible, basically took everything to make me tankier. 33K Hp (didn't want to go full round, with lame gear like Sylvan Talisman, bloodied frostpelt etc.). 3 epic artifacts.

Yet the CW is just as lame as ever when faced with a GWF or a perma. OK so TR hits for a lot, good, they are supposed to. Window of opportunity to land a spell: 0.5 secs :\ Common... All this time I'm fully visible prey.

What else to say about GWF? They hit harder than CW with 2800 ArP? What the hell. Tankier than 5 CWs together?

Even DC has a very good chance at killing CW now. Yes, it is that bad. To be honest, I think my 29K HV CW on live with 90% PvE build fares better in PvP than this PvP 33K GG set CW on Preview. At least I have enough regen to kite on Live.

So yeah. Not much else to say. I like the tone of the changes, but my class? It is bitterly disappointing.

I know some of you devs played CWs with 26K HP (that's pretty daring...) and got obliterated way worse than I have to endure. All I can hope is that you find a way to make this class just as viable as the GWF and TR.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »

Even DC has a very good chance at killing CW now.

It has to be a terrible CW then.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    I am not sure what to say.

Played 3 matches in this patch. Mostly nothing changed from Live to Preview as things are now, from a CW perspective. Perfects, rank 9s and 8s, PvP build with 990 Tenacity GG set (the new CW T2.5 set is incomplete guys... the gloves are from some other set, different bonus etc.), tried even putting as many points in Con as possible, basically took everything to make me tankier. 33K Hp (didn't want to go full round, with lame gear like Sylvan Talisman, bloodied frostpelt etc.). 3 epic artifacts.

Yet the CW is just as lame as ever when faced with a GWF or a perma. OK so TR hits for a lot, good, they are supposed to. Window of opportunity to land a spell: 0.5 secs :\ Common... All this time I'm fully visible prey.

What else to say about GWF? They hit harder than CW with 2800 ArP? What the hell. Tankier than 5 CWs together?

Even DC has a very good chance at killing CW now. Yes, it is that bad. To be honest, I think my 29K HV CW on live with 90% PvE build fares better in PvP than this PvP 33K GG set CW on Preview. At least I have enough regen to kite on Live.

So yeah. Not much else to say. I like the tone of the changes, but my class? It is bitterly disappointing.

I know some of you devs played CWs with 26K HP (that's pretty daring...) and got obliterated way worse than I have to endure. All I can hope is that you find a way to make this class just as viable as the GWF and TR.

I'm happy that i quit CW:D
    Sadly the crit depression buff hurts CW's a lot cuz of eye of the storm.
    Also tenecity works great on classes that are either tanky or can avoid most of the encounters like tr's.
    CW's will never get to the point where they are able to ''tank'' hits, on live CW are very good cuz they can burn 1 target down in 1 rotation, but since that isnt possible anymore CW's are kinda screwed!
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Content and Environment
    • There are now mannequins in the Trade of Blades to display available armor sets.

It's really good !!
    Some suggestion to extend it:
    Can we have it in the appropriate class color ?
    Is it possible to have a PvE equivalent somewhere ?
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is Apperence of new GF set previeved somewhere? at any manemin or so ? some 1 mind posting SS ? i rly like apperence of new GWF and CW accualy i like all new 4 apperences on manekins. wondering how GF looks like.

so any 1 mind posting SS of new GF's set apperence ? on manekin or on himself ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    also if u add GG sets 2 glory shop it will be accualy pointless 2 run GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Would anyone be so kind to post some details on the stats the new TR gear grants? Won't be able to play the game for a coupla days.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    These are kinda very good news :)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pkdeadly1 wrote: »
    ok thank god I do not see a Deep Gash nerf in patch dose this mean the devs changed there mind about nerfing it please say you changed mind I am sure a lot PVE GWF would like to know.

would also be nice to know if there is any plans to make Come and get it add AOW stacks and count as a cc for trample of fallen as this would not really damage pvp and would be nice for pve gwf they would not need a cw as much

Well, I will take the post as the hook for a request.

Assuming that the deep gash is an error , there is a certain projection for the class that does not meet the need of the party, or personal projection of the players themselves . If not this error, the gwf remain the worst class in the game . I do not know if the deep gash will be replaced , but it is clear that the controversy has generated a terrible evil , and a skepticism about the future of the class.

What I 've been asking for is an opening of an " official thread " where players of the class discuss possible "replacement " of the deep gash without causing major problems in pvp . We did this in Module 1 , and unfortunately few suggestions avenged . We can do it again , making sure that ideas do not fall into the void.

I must admit I'm a bit tired of all the controversies involving the class in light of this duality pve / pvp . This topic , at worst , would serve as a projection of what we seek and how we seek .

sorry for Bad place. Thank you.
  • Options
    dr132dr132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like the look of this patch, it gives me hope that things are progressing in the right direction and that this will all work out to be a good thing when it's all settled. It seems like the devs are listening to constructive feedback from us and I encourage people to keep that in mind when they feel like their class is getting thrown under the bus.
  • Options
    berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Repel dosent seem to work properly when a GWF uses threatening rush. I dont know if this is the resist bonus from tenacity, but it was really ridiculous
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is there still people who thinks GWF are the worst class of the game if not for deep gash??? right now GWF are the best toons of the game overall, total dominators of PvP and just a step below almighty CWs in PvP, deep gash or no deep gash... so please, stop complaining!
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Items and Economy
    • Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue: Fixed bug allowing the thrown potion to benefit from damage buffs.
    Which way does this fall?
    1. Thrown potion now correctly benefits from damage buffs
    2. Thrown potion was incorrectly benefitting from damage buffs
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    first, this is a request concerning pve, seeking to circumvent any problems of pvp. why so much hate?

"Second: Total dominators of PvP and just a step below almighty CWs in PvP, or deep gash in deep gash ... please, so stop complaining!"

assuming here that you wanted to mention that we are behind the cw pve (pvp never been in 1 or 2, or 3 steps behind) this is due to the deep gash.

so ... what's the point? why any sign of civilized conversation is harassed?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . . So far, we haven't heard about any changes planned for Deep Gash. I'll keep my ears open and inquire with Sominator on Monday when he's back in the office.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are GF's getting a free respec when these changes go live because all my powers seem to have changed drastically
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've got a question about the new set, just for clarification. I'm thinking this is somehow an error, but the new PVP T2.5 sets have 6 parts, and the set bonus goes only as far as 4pc. Is this an error? Because I noticed that even the Main-Hand and Off-Hand weapons have the set bonus associated with them. Which means it's possible to get the 4pc bonus by equipping the main-hand and off-hand, and 2 pieces of armor of our choice from the set, leaving us with both the 2pc and 4pc bonus by equipping an incomplete armor set thanks to the main-hand and off-hand being associated with the set bonuses. This should in turn allow us to equip another armor set of our choice with a 2pc stat bonus to further increase a select stat by 450; which may prove to be a decent fix for the fact that we are losing valuable stats for PVE thanks to Tenacity. Some of us are using the PVP Sets for PVE because of how effective they can be in improving our class's overall roles.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    evalira wrote: »
    Are GF's getting a free respec when these changes go live because all my powers seem to have changed drastically

yeah like every time before
This discussion has been closed.