Install Arc
Options

Shadowmantle PvP Preview Patch Notes NW.14.20140123a.1

2»

Comments

• Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The new T2.5 set also has 1 lower AC than the T2 set. I assume that's just because the stats aren't finalized yet.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    yomaleinyomalein Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seriously, the new T2 Weapon from PvP are far to close to T2.5 Weapon Stats.
    Who needs to farm farm CN / MC and VT when he could get T2 Weapon with similar Stats and it only take around 2 - 3 Hours to get them. While you need ~ 10 - 20 Runs CN / MC / VT if you are lucky.

They should make the Weapons not be listed in the Set Bonus of the T2 PvP Set, so T2.5 Weapons still have Value due to their +450 Bonus. ( That's the Point at farming them isn't it? )

To tenacity i have to say it kills all People who do PvP just for Daily or only few Times a Week, cause now they need to make an PvP Set to not be killed by any Guy whos far worse but win cause of PvP Set.

Also Prices of T2 Accesoirs are at 400 each while T1 is ~4.2.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yomalein wrote: »
    Seriously, the new T2 Weapon from PvP are far to close to T2.5 Weapon Stats.
    Who needs to farm farm CN / MC and VT when he could get T2 Weapon with similar Stats and it only take around 2 - 3 Hours to get them. While you need ~ 10 - 20 Runs CN / MC / VT if you are lucky.

They should make the Weapons not be listed in the Set Bonus of the T2 PvP Set, so T2.5 Weapons still have Value due to their +450 Bonus. ( That's the Point at farming them isn't it? )

To tenacity i have to say it kills all People who do PvP just for Daily or only few Times a Week, cause now they need to make an PvP Set to not be killed by any Guy whos far worse but win cause of PvP Set.

Also Prices of T2 Accesoirs are at 400 each while T1 is ~4.2.

This is true. There is now going to be a significant separation between PVP and PVE people. If all of this is farmed by Glory and GG coins, I see no reason for running PVE outside of campaigns to get boons.

We'll see what comes of it.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As the devs have said, these stats NOR current pricing on the armor are finalized. They prices at the very least are likely set very low to help people test the armor.
  • Options
    saegwinsaegwin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Though I hate PVE/PVP separation by that "special pvp stat", I'm glad to see the developers pushing PVP forward.
    I'll be just greate if we also get some new battlegrounds.
    Looking forward to see this update on our russian server.
  • Options
    gorndolfgorndolf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Honestly I don't think this patch is going to help much at all. Infact I think it will make ppl dislike pvp even more then they do now. Also ppl will be upset at spending Millions of AD or waisting the many hours they have put into thier other sets of armor that will now be useless for some class's. What we need/needed is more content and a balance between geared and un-geared players. Right now your lucky to complete a single match with a full 10 ppl and this patch won't solve that issue either as of right now. IMHO we don't need the tenacity or the 50% healing debuff we do need more maps, different pvp style then domination, players opposing players of relative gear score to thier own, And a penalty for ppl that leaves matchs (I would propose to not allow players to Q again till the match they had gotten into was over), And a fix to being booted from the pvp match if you get booted (unless it was booted for AFK)... As it stands right now IMHO (after testing some) This is how I feel and from what I have heard over TS and in game the majority of the ppl in game feel close to the same.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gorndolf wrote: »
    Honestly I don't think this patch is going to help much at all. What we need/needed is more content and a balance between geared and un-geared players. players opposing players of relative gear score to thier own,

From the OP in this very thread -
    panderus wrote: »
    This build was originally going to have Elo matchmaking included, however QA discovered an issue that caused us to need to disable it for now.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gorndolf wrote: »
    What we need/needed is more content and a balance between geared and un-geared players.

Gear is the worst way to seperate players. Rankings are a much better way and they're working on that. Gear helps, it makes a big difference, but good players can win a domination match vs people geared better than them thru communication and good tactics.
  • Options
    ungodlyfuungodlyfu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Still cant talk smack and duel my guildies, more pvp gear making me sad.
  • Options
    djaruddjarud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited January 2014
    Over all I have to say that the PvP gear as it is needs to be re-worked. You are basically looking at slightly upgraded version of your GG gear, which for most classes is actually pretty much junk, leaving many classes with slightly upgraded junk. For others the 4 piece set-bonus should be reworked to add play style variety, Rogue set for example (+30% Stealth +7.5% dmg while in Stealth )... It really feels like the long-term stealth, and Perm-Stealth play style is being all but forced down player throats. At-least provide sets for multiple play-styles imo.

Atop the prior, the set stat, seems to be making far too much of a difference between the haves/have-nots, Have>>>Have-not pretty much every time. Yes, I know that it is this way in many situations, but this is far more glaring in the current set-up.

Although likely an over-sight,the weapon sets on the so-called Epic PvP gear have no set bonus of their own, yet are still considered required due to Tenacity stat. Aesthetically, the Rog/Rng sets look nice, though character nose sticks out through the Rog set Skull-mask making that part look a bit silly.
    Some things are meant to remain lost.
  • Options
    gorndolfgorndolf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Gear is the worst way to seperate players. Rankings are a much better way and they're working on that. Gear helps, it makes a big difference, but good players can win a domination match vs people geared better than them thru communication and good tactics.

Sorry I stated what I did in the way I did. I wasn't trying to say any specific way to deal with geared/ungeared balance. I was just merely trying to say it needed to be addressed which they may or may not be working on still. I also totally agree with the tactics/communication statement. However if you pit 5 10k GS pugs up against 5 15+ GS Premade (which happens alot) the 5 10k GS have virtually no chance and that is assuming all 5 pug 10k GS players stay.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    djarud wrote: »

Although likely an over-sight,the weapon sets on the so-called Epic PvP gear have no set bonus of their own, yet are still considered required due to Tenacity stat. Aesthetically, the Rog/Rng sets look nice, though character nose sticks out through the Rog set Skull-mask making that part look a bit silly.
    Panderus wrote: »
    There is a new Epic PvP set for each class for sale, stats and costs are not final.

Why are people not reading the Patch notes on the first page before commenting on this stuff?
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Given the changes being made to Constricting (which seem to be fixing a bug so I'm supporting that idea) it would be nice to see the initial strike do more damage. The basic attack doesn't hit very hard currently but the (untended) CC bypassing interrupt made up for that well.

Also are other powers that bypass CC immunity going to be fixed?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
This discussion has been closed.