What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    i don't care what classes or race or what ever, just please don't make me start from the beach again....
  • Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . From one of the dev interviews, it was stated that the Ranger was the most desired class and so that is why it has come out first. The second most desired class has been the Druid. So, I would assume that the Druid will be next in line. We're going to be having a third fighter class soon (Hunter Ranger). I sure do hope that any more classes will fill in the gaps for the other classes, like a Druid (Cleric), Battle Cleric, War Wizard, Scourge Warlock, and of course a couple more Rogues. As for the Paladin, as much as I'd love a paladin, it seems far off in the grand scheme of things, as that would mean a fourth fighter class.

. . . . . Psionics however are a breed all their own and would be very cool to see.

I don't really care if a class falls into some fighter, or whatever, subset.

I feel they shouldn't introduce any sort of dps class until it's easier to do a dungeon with my K key.

I feel they should just add healers and tanks.
  • Options
    glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cryptic,

I know you just had the 6th class come out but how long till the 7th and 8th classes can come out like another healer and caster and dps , tank type et?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We probably won't get confirmation of what class is next and when it is released until it is close to going up on the preview server. They don't tend to publicly announce these things ahead of time in case plans change or delays happen.
  • Options
    allanastarallanastar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    glithanes wrote: »
    Cryptic,

I know you just had the 6th class come out but how long till the 7th and 8th classes can come out like another healer and caster and dps , tank type et?

Yes please and maybe Hybrid or 2 classes more, 2 more healers types, 2 more tank,, 3 caster etc.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Next class will most likely be the Warlock, followed by the Druid.

After that, no one knows. But I would put money that Paladin, Bard and Swordmage are all "In the Queue"
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just before Shadowmantle came out they said the next class is 50-60% complete and if I had to guess I'd say Warlock , just hope they don't pull the GWF/GF paragon path trick with CW and Warlock if it is next out .
  • Options
    boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Just before Shadowmantle came out they said the next class is 50-60% complete and if I had to guess I'd say Warlock , just hope they don't pull the GWF/GF paragon path trick with CW and Warlock if it is next out .

Paladin Please!

We need a more fun type of hybrid class. A far more popular class then warlock or druid ever has been in dnd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is a good chance it will be a Warlock as gear for that class was discovered during beta, but as dardove says there probably won't be any official statement for some time, what with the HR hot of the presses and still being adjusted on live.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've read somewhere that they are pretty much always working on 2 new classes, one nearly complete, one just in design stage, when one completes and goes to preview, they start on the next one.

A keen eye can read between the lines and it looks like Warlock is going to be next.

Also I think I read somewhere that 4e rules don't have "multiclassing" so it's doubtful we'll see a Hybrid ...
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    Bit surprised about the Warlock, really. Not that I doubt it - but Druid and Paladin seem like more obvious holes to fill.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm hoping Warlock. been saving my Twilight Nightmare mount for that one. Either way, I suspect two new classes a year, two new races a year (pure speculation, of course). Gut feeling says Warlock is next, but it's not like I've never been wrong before.
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited December 2013
    im sure CW and Warlock will have shared paragon paths eventually but not on release. Itll have 1 path which of course wouldnt be possible to share with CW...when they start adding 3rd paths im sure the 2nd path of warlock will most likely be a shared one, just like im thinking HR will get a shared path with TR for its 2nd paragon
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    im sure CW and Warlock will have shared paragon paths eventually but not on release. Itll have 1 path which of course wouldnt be possible to share with CW...when they start adding 3rd paths im sure the 2nd path of warlock will most likely be a shared one, just like im thinking HR will get a shared path with TR for its 2nd paragon

Most likely a safe bet, perhaps more Melee DPS and/or Stealth for Ranger and perhaps more Ranged AoE and Ranged DPS for TR (though I haven't rolled a TR yet. so I could be wrong about what they might need most)

• Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not sure why you think CW and Warlock should have the same paragon paths, those are two different classes on PnP, whereas GF and GWF are the same class, the fighter (and hence have same paragon paths like on PnP).
    If there's a class that will have the same Paragon paths of Control Wizard, it will be the War Wizard, not the Scourge or Vestige Warlock.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    Not sure why you think CW and Warlock should have the same paragon paths, those are two different classes on PnP, whereas GF and GWF are the same class, the fighter (and hence have same paragon paths like on PnP).
    If there's a class that will have the same Paragon paths of Control Wizard, it will be the War Wizard, not the Scourge or Vestige Warlock.

I think it's because where talking about Cryptic's Interpretation of 4e here, not "canon" PnP. You only have to look at the HR, to see that Cryptic has their own "vision". But it's all speculation at this stage, and whether they stick to Lore or not remains to be seen.

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    I think it's because where talking about Cryptic's Interpretation of 4e here, not "canon" PnP. You only have to look at the HR, to see that Cryptic has their own "vision". But it's all speculation at this stage, and whether they stick to Lore or not remains to be seen.

But so far they have stuck with matching the character classes with their paragon paths from the pen and paper version.
  • Options
    demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was thinking about this the other day.
    I'm pretty curious as to how they'll actually implement Druid.
    In vanilla 4, druids use Beastform for melee and spells at range. They're required to have at least 1 at-will and possibly 1 encounter of each type at all times.
    Basically, the way they implemented Hunter Rangers is exactly how Druids should function.

But, I can also understand that the basic beastform isn't that cool in 4e. It's described kinda vaguely as this primal thing of claw and fur. Part of the vagueness is so that individuals can flavor it how they want. That way, you can be a snake and I can be a tiger and it kinda evens out, nobody's better off.

If I had to guess how Neverwinter would handle it, I'd say probably dailies that change into individual forms. Like, a daily for giant hell-gorilla and using it would replace your at-wills, possibly your encounters with Hell-Gorilla things. Then maybe a separate daily for dire tiger, and using it changes your actions to dire tiger things.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dematto wrote: »
    giant hell-gorilla

I don't play DnD outside of this game. Is this an actual thing? :eek:
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    jakeesanjakeesan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Necromancers, druids, warlock, paladins. These need to come out sooner rather than later. They make the most sense.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Anything's possible in D&D. Especially things that are cool.
  • Options
    shadedwraithshadedwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    goozac wrote: »
    I would like to see a monk class. I've played rpgs for a while, but i don't really know how some roles were classically made, but i imagine that the monk would be a mobile deflect tank which sounds a lot more fun and viable for pvp than GF.
    Monk would probably be a psiconic striker class sense thats what they are in 4E.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    For new classes I think I have a few ideas.

Scourge Warlock with Hellfire Warlock for paragon path.
    Shifter Druid
    Dragon Sorcerer
    Paladin or Blackguard Paladin
    psion
    monk
    Artificer
    Skald Bard
    Barbarian
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've heard others mention a type of fighter that leads & buffs the team... I think they called it the "Warlord" or somesuch. That is something we greatly need.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Warlord would be cool too though skald bard or bard should be a good buffer for partys as well. I think Warlock is a need at this point though, so many people pick Control Wizards and try to dps instead of control and warlock would let them pick that to be a arcane striker instead of trying to dps with a controller class.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Much as I like the other striker classes, we currently have 3 strikers (TR, HR, GWF), 1.5 defenders (GF, GWF), 1 leader (DC), and 1 controller (CW). We need another one of the non-striker roles in the name of variety.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well 4E druid is a primal controller class don't know why some think it would be a healer but how it would work would more than likely be a clone of Hunter Ranger with more of a control theme, wild shape for melee and normal form for ranged spells. Though I've never really liked the 4E version of druid.
    Psion is also a controller which to be honest I would prefer Psion because I've never played a DnD Video Game with any psionic classes which would make it more interesting to play and see how the devs make it work.
    Bard would make a good leader class its always been one of the best buffers in DnD.
    I would say Psion for controller, Skald Bard for leader, and Scourge Warlock for the next striker would be awesome.
    What do you guys think?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well 4E druid is a primal controller class don't know why some think it would be a healer but how it would work would more than likely be a clone of Hunter Ranger with more of a control theme, wild shape for melee and normal form for ranged spells. Though I've never really liked the 4E version of druid.
    I don't think they would implement druid like that precisely BECAUSE it would be a clone of hunter ranger.
    I think they'd try to find a different way; Dailies that shapechange, maybe? A tab mechanic that shifts and does something, with class passives that you could slot in to alter the "form" it shifts you into?

Bard would be a good choice for next leader. It'd have a lot more flexibility to the feel of the class. If they went with Warlord, I worry that it would be too mechanically similar to GF/GWF. Particularly if they decided to add in Paladin or Battle Cleric. The Melee lineup would get pretty cluttered. Better to go with Bard for another ranged healer.

Psion: 4e psionics are a rough, rough deal. If they want to dip psionic, I suspect they'd go monk first.
  • Options
    munchausinmunchausin Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dematto wrote: »
    I don't think they would implement druid like that precisely BECAUSE it would be a clone of hunter ranger.
    I think they'd try to find a different way; Dailies that shapechange, maybe? A tab mechanic that shifts and does something, with class passives that you could slot in to alter the "form" it shifts you into?

Bard would be a good choice for next leader. It'd have a lot more flexibility to the feel of the class. If they went with Warlord, I worry that it would be too mechanically similar to GF/GWF. Particularly if they decided to add in Paladin or Battle Cleric. The Melee lineup would get pretty cluttered. Better to go with Bard for another ranged healer.

Psion: 4e psionics are a rough, rough deal. If they want to dip psionic, I suspect they'd go monk first.

judging from primetime queues, the two classes desperately needed are tanks and healers. paladin could fill both, it really must be paladin or another pure heal or pure tank class because there are not enough of either!
  • Options
    lunaeclipse173lunaeclipse173 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My Wishlist

Hi the following is a list of content that I would like to see added over the next couple of modules. I have listed source material where applicable.

Base Races:

Dragonborn (Player’s Handbook, Page 34), because I think they would be cool, and they add a more monstrous race, suited for fighter classes of Great Weapon Fighter, Guardian Fighter and Paladins.

Exotic Bonus Races:

Deva (Player’s Handbook 2, Page 8), because they are a balance to Tieflings, ideally suited for caster classes such a Devoted Cleric, Invoker, Warlock and Sorcerer.

Shifter (Player’s Handbook 2, Page 16), because a shape shifter would be cool and would add another monstrous race, ideally suited as Druids and Rangers.

Base Classes:

Protecting Paladin (Defender - Player’s Handbook, Page 89), why because this would add an extra Tank class available to play other than Guardian Fighter.

Scourge Warlock (Striker - Player’s Handbook, Page 129), because they add an additional Arcane Caster class that is designed purely for damage not controlling monsters.

Exotic Bonus Classes:

Valorous Bard (Leader - Player’s Handbook 2, Page 66), because this would add a support class to the game, one designed to primarily buff party members.

Guardian Druid (Controller - Player’s Handbook 2, Page 82), because this would add an extra healer option for players other than Devoted Cleric.

Wrathful Invoker (Controller - Player’s Handbook 2, Page 100), because this would add a Divine Caster designed purely for damage.

Dragon Sorcerer (Striker - Player’s Handbook 2, Page 136), another Arcane Caster designed for damage not controlling, this time one that utilizes the power of dragons.

Stone Fist Monk (Striker – Player’s Handbook 3, Page 62), an aggressive melee fighter that utilizes Psionic powers, another option for those that wish to go pure damage.

Professions:

Sage - Creates Enchantments, Runestones, Armor Enchantments, Weapon Enchantments and Artifacts.

Jeweller - Creates Necklaces, and Rings.
This discussion has been closed.