test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• xyzandraxyzandra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Neverwinter's Hunter Ranger seems to be a mishmash of the 4e Ranger that uses the Hunter Fighting Style (Quick Draw as a bonus feat and Sheath Weapon as a free action) which is a striker class with a style that resembles the archer ranger but with more melee options and the Essentials Hunter which is a controller class which exclusively uses modified basic ranged attacks and stances.

Funnily enough, the paragon path "Stormwarden" isn't available to either of these, being exclusively for Rangers with the Two blade Fighting Style (Toughness Bonus Feat and the ability to wield a one handed blade in your off hand as if it was an Off-Hand Weapon)

At the moment the neverwinter hunter ranger doesn't seem to do enough damage to be considered a striker nor does it really do much controlling but we can but hope that will be rectified before it goes live.
  • gillypudgillypud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Necromancy does exist in 4e. It's originally published in Heroes of the Fallen Lands with more detail in Heroes of Shadow. At 1st level you choose a specialization one option includes necromancy. There's a few backgrounds, themes and many many feats to flesh it out.

Quite right, I stand corrected. I totally forgot about the supplement books :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    . . . . . I made this list a while back and happen to have had it bookmarked from an old Class thread:

Classes:
    PHB1: Fighter, Cleric, Rogue, Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard.
    PHB2: Avenger, Bard, Barbarian, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer, and Warden.
    PHB3: Ardent, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Runepriest, and Seeker.
    (PHB3 also introduces hybrid classes for Artificer, Ardent, Avenger, Barbarian, Bard, Battlemind, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Invoker, Monk, Paladin, Psion, Ranger, Rogue, Runepriest, Seeker, Shaman, Sorcerer, Swordmage, Warden, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard)
    NWCS: Swordmage, Warlock, and Spellscarred.

Races:
    PHB1: Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling.
    PHB2: Deva, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, and Shifter.
    PHB3: Githzerai, Minotaur, Sharmind, and Wilden.
    FRPG: Drow, Genasi, Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling.
    NWCS: (Racial Variants) Dwarf, Eladrin, and Elf.

. . . . . All this information comes from my own 4e Rulebooks and not from Wikis. These are Core Rulebooks and not Supplements.

Key:
    PHB1 = 4e Player's Handbook 1: Arcane, Divine, and Martial Heroes
    PHB2 = 4e Player's Handbook 2: Primal, Arcane, and Divine Heroes
    PHB3 = 4e Player's Handbook 3: Psionic, Divine, and Primal Heroes
    FRPG = 4e Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
    NWCS = 4e Neverwinter Campaign Setting
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Ok here is my list and my reasoning:

Would love to se a rotation in new class releases like this: tank-caster-tank-caster (so on). Also, these are 3e. Sorry 4e sucks.

1. DRUID. Yes it has already been mentioned as the "likely" next class after HR, so instead of saying "why" I want druid I'll say what I want in a druid class; a mix of CW and DC. A cw that can heal/buff the team a lot/a dc that can burst massive damage and has strong control powers and solid defense.

2. PALADIN. A mix of dc and gf. It is a DIVINE TANK, with limited casting abilities. Can heal, can cleanse, but not as well as DC. Can buff self hugely, mainly defense. Would receive a Holy Avenger class ability at a tier one step lower than Lesser HA enchant, and a daily equivalent to one tier higher than greater HA enchant. That along with other appropriate Paly abilities.

3. PALE MASTER A pure necromancer wizard that transforms into a lich (if conditions are met) at around level 30. The encounters would be mostly necrotic, and involve things like debuffs which temporarily lower a targets ability scores. Think dc is pure reverse. eg instead of Hallowed Ground you would have "Defiled Ground", where all enemies in the 60' radius suffer damage/resist debuff of 5% and "Death Kissed (Moon Touched in revrse :P ) Defiled Ground would remove 25% of enemies hp in the zone for the duration of the spell. Another daily could be a caster version of "unstoppable/villains menace" where the Pale Master temporarily transforms into a massive Avatar of Death (a real big grim reaper), is immune to cc, swings a huge scythe around (instead of its normal at will) that hits like Anvil of Doom and heals the PM for 200% of the damage dealt (as per fighters recovery). The more I think about it, the more this class would really work as a casting/melee class with separate quickbars fr each in the same way HR is going to have separate quick bars for ranged/clos-in combat. This class would be nasty, fun and sexy as h3ll.

I was going to do Champion of Torm next, but I think I shot my load with Pale Master. Maybe later.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A Ranged AoE Dot Summoner Class such as THIS mighty Wizard!
    Make it SO #2
    http://www.pvponline.com/comic/2013/11/25/deathly-bellows

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    overddrive wrote: »
    Would love to se a rotation in new class releases like this: tank-caster-tank-caster (so on). Also, these are 3e. Sorry 4e sucks.

Well, the game is only going to use 4th edition classes...

My choices -
    Cunning Bard (though Valorous would be fine too)
    Deceptive Warlock
    Hexblade Warlock (with Fey pact)
    Shielding or Ensnaring Swordmage
  • silvikksilvikk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since the game is based on 4e, Druids would be a lot more DC than CW, and Pale Masters wouldn't happen. Personally I'd like to see Warlocks given the treatment, so long as they can make them properly distinct from wizards, but also Paladin (though I don't see them getting added any time soon, what with there basically being four melee classes now).
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    silvikk wrote: »
    Since the game is based on 4e, Druids would be a lot more DC than CW, and Pale Masters wouldn't happen. Personally I'd like to see Warlocks given the treatment, so long as they can make them properly distinct from wizards, but also Paladin (though I don't see them getting added any time soon, what with there basically being four melee classes now).

Actually they would be more like CWs than DCs. They are controllers in 4th edition.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Zombie - would love to bite and throw <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around. Hit people with dislocated arms and roar attack!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • aumer1aumer1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Shielding Swordmage would be top of my list and heavily involved in Realmslore already, as well as add another defender option. Avengers, either Isolating or Pursuing, would make great strikers and expand the divine ranks in the game. Another divine leader (healer) I would love to see would be the Preserving Invoker.

Now, there is an option that came out for wizards in 4th edition in the Neverwinter sourcebook that I would kill to see make it in game: The Bladesinger
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1. A melee cleric - someone who leads and supports the team form the front line.

2. A pet/summoner class of some sort - if a necromancer is too dark to fit the setting, then either a druid or other variant of a ranger that calls animals and nature spirits to fight and aid the team.

3. A bard or some other non-divine support/healing class, who aids their team by boosting morale and calling upon spirits of revelry and victory.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited December 2013
    Definitely Swordmage, followed by Druid and Paladin. Is there a classic mace&shield cleric in 4e ?
    edited December 2013
    Definitely Swordmage, followed by Druid and Paladin. Is there a classic mace&shield cleric in 4e ?

Battle Cleric is designed more for melee than the Divine Cleric.
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bard and Druid.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Gunmage, dracomancer
    English is not my first language.
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Battle cleric - cause the one we have is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    Melee ranger - dual weapons, somewhere between GWF and TR, not a sissy like TR, but more dps oriented than GWF or smth like the awesome tera warrior
    archer ranger - pure archer - the way this failranger should have been
    Paladin - cause paladins rule
    FPS class, smth like vindictus xbow :P

• valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pally, monk, warlord.
  • borak2borak2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1: Druid, but I want to see a shapeshifting type and I want creeping Doom :-)
    2: Bard
    3: Monk
    4: Barbarian
    5: Warlock

After that I don't really care. It would also be nice if we had a wizard that could use Fireball.
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Isnt the new daily basically a big fireball?
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Classes i'd like to see - none.

I'd like - a dual wielding dps paragon path for the GWF, alot.

• spacerasta1spacerasta1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1 An empty handed combatant martial artist with a variety of martial art techniques.
    2 A wizard with control of all the elements earth, air, fire and water/ice
    3 A summoner, necromancer type and or spirit/elemental/demon type summoner
    4 A druid with abilities to use nature,shapeshift and control animals
    5 A dragon of course, a game called dungeon and dragons with no dragon characters??????? or at least one as a companion
    6 A real healer, healers have to have knowledge of what they are healing hence being able to use that info. So besides being able to really heal without penalty and have zero cool down on healing potions because they are HEALERS, they should be able to apply poisons, anatomy/medical knowledge etc to their damage. In other words damage to the point where they are not typical 'supporting classes'.
  • andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Swordmage of Shielding would be my number one choice. Absolutely love this class.
    Paladin would be my next choice, then some kind of Warlock.
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    All I have to add is: Striker caster classes please :D

Oh. and this

<<youtube link removed>>
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Psion all the way :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    valetudo78 wrote: »
    Isnt the new daily basically a big fireball?

Nope. This is a Fireball. Sadly, the new CW MoF is more like this...
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Paladin of course MUST be added ...

Druid ...

And finally, not totally a 'new' class, but we need a dual sword wielding fighter class.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • yoshio84yoshio84 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1.Paladin
    2.Avenger
    3.Swordmage
  • mustycuzmustycuz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey guys how do you get access to the ranger class, is it out yet?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mustycuz wrote: »
    Hey guys how do you get access to the ranger class, is it out yet?

it will be available today after maintenance. 6am PST and the maintenance time is an estimated 4 hours.
  • mustycuzmustycuz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    it will be available today after maintenance. 6am PST and the maintenance time is an estimated 4 hours.

Thanks for the info, im from Australia and I have a hard time working out what time that is for me, since its 6th December for me :P
This discussion has been closed.