Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.10.20131120a.14

Comments

• Options
    raphlwesraphlwes Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    calorien wrote: »
    Should have done your homework better... that the additional companion slots would be given free at levels 30 and 60 has been known as long as that active companions would give bonuses.

Thanks for your condolences. That's the thing, this should not have to be "homework". You shouldn't have to dig around or search for something fundamental to the game. I was told about this by friends in game, guess they didn't "do their homework" either.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They specifically made the companion active slots unlock through levelling so that nobody would be able to call the bonuses P2W. It was announced at the exact same time.

Edit: Yes, your friends failed to give you the entire story.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . That doesn't add any condolence to those of us who waited to buy slots until after we were already level 60. Still, I like the change, just wish there was a Zen credit for those who purchased it after the level they would have unlocked. Personally, I'm not upset over it but I know others who are and understand why.

I bought 2 Companion slots myself and this really, REALLY irks me.

To add further conviction, this change was neither announced nor disclosed in a timely manner.

The time one spends grinding to Level 60 is extremely short for most players and at 300 Zen per slot for maybe a week of "advantage", this seems more like something that should have been thought out better.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    To add further conviction, this change was neither announced nor disclosed in a timely manner.
    Actually, it was announced some time ago, back in October.
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For all those complaining about the active slot changes:

From Shadowmantle Preview patch notes dated 10/30:
    All companions now have an Active Bonus that they grant to you or your summoned companion when they are in an Active Companion Slot. These Active Companion slots are on the left side of the Companion Window. You start with 3 and gain one at level 30 and a fifth slot on reaching level 60.

Is a month not sufficient advance notice? If you bought them prior to that date, you were able to enjoy any benefit from them from then until today; if you bought them after that date, especially if you bought them after hearing that active companions would give bonuses, you have only yourself to blame, because the information on the bonuses came from the exact same place. Due diligence, people. Check out the sources before spending money.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cenomx wrote: »
    I think its for benefits others players such as Guardian Fighters and maybe Great Weapon Fighters.
    I am sorry, but this is a bad way to solve anything. You don't make the wizards worse, you make the fighters better.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    dragonbourne5dragonbourne5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope that they at least let you view your character since they are forcing you to do a respec on DC and GWF, for those of us that are happy with our feats this could cause us to make a mistake re-choosing them and make a lot of us upset.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

While said post is sufficient, it fails to convey a change of service or contract to existing customers of said service. I.E. It does NOT imply in any way that a customer who has already purchased a service, in this case a companion slot, is or will be affected by said change. It implies a new service and feature.

The representative, in this case: graalx3 never once mentions the feature's implications or impact on existing customers.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    cadetuzcadetuz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *reads first 4 posts all from 10-30-2013* We must be reading different threads it does indeed state this is a change as graalx3 points out that anyone who bought the slots has them available from level 1.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    The representative, in this case: graalx3 never once mentions the feature's implications or impact on existing customers.
    Take a look, just a couple posts down.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    cadetuz wrote: »
    *reads first 4 posts all from 10-30-2013* We must be reading different threads it does indeed state this is a change as graalx3 points out that anyone who bought the slots has them available from level 1.

CITATION:
    graalx3 wrote: »
    ...Those people who previously purchased the slots have all 5 slots available from level 1.

That still does not imply or correctly convey a change of service (in this case, a loss of service) of a purchased good that has been changed postmortem Module2 to be made "free".

Specifically, customers who have already achieved level 60 are forced out of a purchased service. It implies that "IF" a customer wishes to make a new character, they would be available at Level 1 (which I might add was already part of the product description prior to change).
  • Options
    msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . That doesn't add any condolence to those of us who waited to buy slots until after we were already level 60. Still, I like the change, just wish there was a Zen credit for those who purchased it after the level they would have unlocked. Personally, I'm not upset over it but I know others who are and understand why.
    I did the very same thing. Waited until 60 and bought the extra slots. I like the change for my alts; which are still low level; but would have liked some zen credit at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    exegexeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyone having a problem with terrible slow speed while patching ?
    And,can we stop it and start again? (If i remember,i lost my progress once when i had to restart patching)
  • Options
    xregulater31xxregulater31x Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    my Guardian Fighter never got a free respec
  • Options
    tehllama42tehllama42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How soon until the supplemental HP Bugfix made to the Ioun Stones will be applied to Cat companions?
  • Options
    djrakeryderdjrakeryder Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    my cleric also didnt get a free respec?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 2,399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    The hunter ranger class will only come with one paragon path.

Is it planned that other Paragon Paths will be made available to the Hunter Ranger class in the near future?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Sig_Sm1755Pop.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    raphlwesraphlwes Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I'll say just one more thing about the lost Zen for purchasing active companion slots.

It is true that friends in-game informed me of the active companion bonus, but the thing that confirmed this change to me was an article that the Neverwinter Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NeverWinterGame linked http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1052271 yesterday that caused me to go and buy the active slots. NOWHERE in this article does it mention free active slots for characters.

In fact, in the first paragraph it says "Be sure to expand your companion collection to find the perfect one to match your play style!" So that's what I did on Dec 4th, I purchase companions and companion slots. I think the free active companion slot change should have been mentioned in this article.
  • Options
    doomymdoomym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited December 2013
    My 2 chars also no free respec!! 1 is GF and the other GWF. so much of:
    "General
    All classes will receive a free respec to use at their disposal to go along with the new Paragon Paths and other class changes.
    Devoted Clerics and Great Weapon Fighters will be notified they are receiving a forced full respec of powers.
    "
  • Options
    yannicktributyannicktribut Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Gwf, no freee respec ... wtf?
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    what means that change to eldritch runestone? What change between stats and rating? What is "rating"?
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    They probably want to make Iouns more attractive in comparison to cats. You always get more out of Tarmalune and ZEN compared to ADs. It's how the game rolls.

Ioun Stone of Might will be so OP for tanks now. +4k Health +520 Regen with R7s +deflect from stone. Ouch.

Stones ALREADY was more attactive! Everyone has a stone!
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Am I nuts, or did the patch slightly alter female facial features? This is not caused by the automatic graphics reset. My half-elf DC's eyebrows look different (thicker and closer together), and my half-orc GF just looks...different overall, but I can't place the exact change.... I wish they hadn't messed with things -- it's very jarring when the character who's been your main forever suddenly doesn't look like the character who's been your main forever.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    what means that change to eldritch runestone? What change between stats and rating? What is "rating"?

You can see the names for all values considered Ratings when you press C to look at your Character Sheet in the bottom right under "Ratings".

The reason they changed the tooltip for Eldritch is because (*) they decided to specifically buff Ioun Stone augment Companions to give any Hit Points (HP) on them to players. This change is making it clear that the Defensive bonus that Eldritch Runestone provides to pet Stats affects only Ratings and not all Stats, like HP.

(*) Still for unknown reasons and very odd because Ioun Stones are by far the most popular and powerful endgame companions.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is the new Skirmish only supposed to reward you with weapon reskins and 3 scripts? , I've run it around 10 times now and only got the same reward each time , various weapon skins and scripts.
  • Options
    syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    CITATION:

That still does not imply or correctly convey a change of service (in this case, a loss of service) of a purchased good that has been changed postmortem Module2 to be made "free".

Specifically, customers who have already achieved level 60 are forced out of a purchased service. It implies that "IF" a customer wishes to make a new character, they would be available at Level 1 (which I might add was already part of the product description prior to change).
    2. Changes to terms

PWE may amend these Terms, the Rules of Conduct, and any EULA at any time in our sole discretion. Amendments and modifications will be effective immediately after publishing them on the Website or otherwise providing you a copy thereof, and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications.. You agree to and are responsible for checking this Agreement, the Rules of Conduct and any EULA periodically so you will be familiar with their contents as they may be amended or modified from time to time. By continuing to use any portion of the Service, you are signifying your acceptance of any revised or updated terms. . If you do not agree to the amended terms, you must stop using the Service.

Kinda sucks, but there it is. By playing the game, you contractually accepted the ToS, which says they don't have to notify you of changes to the service.
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wait, so you purchased slots, and still have 5 maximum?

That seems a little odd and unnecessary.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    We haven't been able to get a reliable case for reproducing this issue on our internal test servers. We think it's fixed, but if it comes back, we definitely want to know.

Well there seems to be some less frequent occurrences going on with it still.
    9shc.png

that wasnt me that did it. I just so happen to find that while questing.

Ps:
    The queues seem to be messed up. Which I did mention in preview but no one didnt seem to believe me. (the few people that replied at least)

There are complaints from ALOT of people ingame about the queues. And given the relaxed nature of the matching done. This really should not be happening at all.
  • Options
    redyummiredyummi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I sure hope it's a mistake, or they're talking about the cost of buying the catalyst stones from the diamond vendor, or there will be no more refining for me

Well, I just tried to refine a rank 5 to rank 6 dark enchantment. The new system now requires a catalyst stone costing 25,000 AD from AH or the AD store to make this refinement. Sorry but I think I will be rage quiting NW if this is the case. I will not pay 25K AD to refine my enchantments that before I only used a few preservation stones to accomplish.

If this is NW method to reduce our AD funds to force us to the cash store, you will lose many players.
  • Options
    guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Some ppl just hit the accept button so fast just to get in the game that they forget to read the ToS, not out of trust for the company but simply cuz they dont care. Hey its ok, but its your fault for not taking the advice (aka reading the tos), and dont say its an advice so i dont have to take it, if you dont want to take it, then dont play. I personally read the whole thing just in case. Also taking few minutes to read the forums to know anything new or changes wont hurt anyone, instead of standing in PE trolling ppl or just ranting about anything in zone chat. But seriously guys just get time and hit the forums so you know what's going on so when the time comes you dont get surprised, save yourself the headaches. I do totally agree about the 5 slots credit in zen for ALL OF THOSE who bought it way before the changes were announced, those after, well sorry but its your responsibility to check for new information.

Oh man, sucks that there are still green bug from seismic daily, at least seems like that cuz of the post above, hope it gets fixed fast....and now to play haven't being able to play the whole day, way busy.
This discussion has been closed.