What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm Rider Companion Stats?

obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1035051

Would love to have an archer companion... but it won't actually be given out
til December 12th. Yet the Sale ends 'soon'. I probably missed something,
but how will we know what we're getting, stat wise?

Any clue at least if this is a green/blue/purple companion?
Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
Post edited by obsiddia on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It'll be green.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • goth1goth1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It'll be green.

How do you know?
    Gothoric/Gotharia
    GWF/CW
    Guild Leader
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com
    edited November 2013
    Because every companion from every event and promotion ever has been green, with the sole exception of the Valindra Invasion skeletal dog. They aren't in the habit of just giving away anything higher ranked, and this promotion is unlikely to change that.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Because every companion from every event and promotion ever has been green, with the sole exception of the Valindra Invasion skeletal dog. They aren't in the habit of just giving away anything higher ranked, and this promotion is unlikely to change that.

Not just the skeletal dog. The Lillend companion was is purple. And at $50 to get it, the Storm Rider would be one expensive green pet. Granted you'll still have the Zen you paid for to do whatever you wish, I'd still like to think a $50 commitment would be a rather big decision.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If it's green I have zero incentive to get this sadly. This isn't so much an award as another near useless companion that requires a ton of AD to upgrade. I would like to hear from Cryptic / PW officially about this before I plunk down any pesos!
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not just the skeletal dog. The Lillend companion was is purple. And at $50 to get it, the Storm Rider would be one expensive green pet. Granted you'll still have the Zen you paid for to do whatever you wish, I'd still like to think a $50 commitment would be a rather big decision.

The last charge promotion gave out a green quality companion and that was at $60. Also remember that it is account wide and like you said, you can still use the zen for whatever.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As was mentioned the Quickling was green. However, that promotion also included a green mount. This one has no mount, but the promotion requires less Zen to be purchased. With that comparison, the companion could be of green quality or blue.

I'm surprised they haven't detailed the colour of the companion. I thought specificity on what companions offer was the usual. In addition to knowing the quality, I'd like to know the active bonus of it as well.
  • sorytdrewsorytdrew Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    my guess is that it would be a green striker.
    as of right now they don't got any stats or rank up skins on the wiki, but here's the link
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion
    scroll down and it's two below the quicklings.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sorytdrew wrote: »
    It will be a green striker.
    as of right now they don't got any stats or rank skins up, but here's my source
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion
    scroll down and it's two below the quicklings.

Based on the edit history of that page, It was a guess that it is a green striker and not that the person who added it actually knew.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Based on the edit history of that page, It was a guess that it is a green striker and not that the person who added it actually knew.

Correct. The Charge Rewards companions are difficult for the wiki. We still don't know the icon for the Quickling. The intersect between active wiki editors and people who take advantage of the brief Charge Rewards window is too small.

I guessed green for reasons others have mentioned, and striker based on the screenshot. If I'm wrong, it's easy to correct.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    perception is everything. if you are buying 5000z already, then the promo items are free bonus extras towards that purchase. if you're buying 5000z for the sole purpose of acquiring the free bonus extras, then you're still getting 5000z to spend in-game as you please.
    edited November 2013
    two30 wrote: »
    Correct. The Charge Rewards companions are difficult for the wiki. We still don't know the icon for the Quickling. The intersect between active wiki editors and people who take advantage of the brief Charge Rewards window is too small.

I guessed green for reasons others have mentioned, and striker based on the screenshot. If I'm wrong, it's easy to correct.

Yeah, I'm not saying it is a bad guess. It will most likely prove correct. Was just saying that it being on the wiki as such is not confirmation that it will be green quality for sure.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another thing would be great to know is what is the companion bonus for this "Storm Rider" as it will be out after mod 2 and the updates which makes this info pretty nice to have?
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    perception is everything. if you are buying 5000z already, then the promo items are free bonus extras towards that purchase. if you're buying 5000z for the sole purpose of acquiring the free bonus extras, then you're still getting 5000z to spend in-game as you please.

I get that. Just seems like the first archer companion (and for a tough module)
    should maybe be blue. But to be clear - we buy it now, and find out what all
    the stats are as an early Christmas surprise?
    edited November 2013
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    Another thing would be great to know is what is the companion bonus for this "Storm Rider" as it will be out after mod 2 and the updates which makes this info pretty nice to have?

All the known companion bonuses have been contributed by people who already have the companions and from perusing the companion collection interface on preview. Since promo companions are not included in the collections, this information isn't available to us to be mined.

I do stand corrected regarding the Lillend, though the difference is that people trying to get Lillends basically want the Lillend, and the other stuff is incidental. People going for the charge rewards should probably take the perspective that you're getting an extra bonus with your Zen, not that you bought Zen just to get the reward. Coupled with the Zen sale though, it's not such a bad time to buy if you'd been thinking about it anyway.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you also get this pet on all your characters not just 1.

But without the active bonus, and other stats. Not many will bother risking purchases without knowing what they are getting.

Pay 5000 for a free "?".

Not very smart!
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited November 2013
    Well, I'm getting one. Not to get a free "?" but because I intended to buy some Zen while on sale anyway, so everything just lines up.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• aumer1aumer1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Whatever the stats, I get to have a companion on all my characters from now on just because I bought some zen, and I got FREE zen to go with it? Hell yeah baby! This Storm Rider could be a flying monkey with a candle blowing kisses at baddies all day and I'd be happy.

I got mine, just waiting for it to be delivered. Now trying to figure out what to do with all that zen.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    . . . . . I updated the entry in the wiki to reflect that it's quality and type are, as of yet, unknown. We should have official details after Monday.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I updated the entry in the wiki to reflect that it's quality and type are, as of yet, unknown. We should have official details after Monday.
    Wheee! Forum Moderator vs. Wiki Admin! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Kidding. I'm amused that my stubbed-in entry has caused controversy. It's rare to get any feedback at all for the wiki.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    two30 wrote: »
    Wheee! Forum Moderator vs. Wiki Admin! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Kidding. I'm amused that my stubbed-in entry has caused controversy. It's rare to get any feedback at all for the wiki.
    . . . . . No worries. My CM is awaiting relay of what quality and type the companion will be and should (hopefully) have details Monday.
  • xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From looking at the preview servers companions in general is bad like lillend
    will heal friends for 2% of hp every 30 sec...
    could use alot of lvl 1 pots for the same hp in the sametime...
    why not remove companions totaly instead.
    or is the plan to sell better stated ones for even more zen
    so people that already payed for ther companions
    has to buy new ones to get a usefull one again dont feel that 2000zen is worth 7% what ever that i did pay for my ionstone...
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    About due to buy some more Z so i'm also interested in knowing what the stats will be. I'm also of the opinion that companions need WAY more progression in their abilities, as it stands now, their is very little incentive to upgrade them past white, or to buy companions who are already at a higher level.

Keeping the stats/bonuses different for different companions is fine, i.e. no blue/purple version of the CD, but either make her a much, much better healer at blue/purple to make it worth upgrading her or have a much better/different type of healer available. (don't even mention the AoK, as now I've reached about lvl 30 she is pretty much useless)
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
    edited November 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    About due to buy some more Z so i'm also interested in knowing what the stats will be.

With Zen being 15% off right now, not sure why your "about due" isn't kicking over into "now is a good time" regardless of the companion stats. You get it anyway and if you decide it's poor, you didn't really pay anything for it.

As with the last time they ran one of these programs, it's not necessarily the best incentive to buy Zen if you otherwise wouldn't have. But if you were going to anyway, it's nice to get something extra out of the transaction, since you're not paying more.

I guess if you play more than one game and have to decide where you're going to transfer it, I can see the dilemma. (Technically, it's a transfer reward, not a purchase reward, and could be received from free Zen if anyone had enough to meet the requirement.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    About due to buy some more Z so i'm also interested in knowing what the stats will be. I'm also of the opinion that companions need WAY more progression in their abilities, as it stands now, their is very little incentive to upgrade them past white, or to buy companions who are already at a higher level.

Keeping the stats/bonuses different for different companions is fine, i.e. no blue/purple version of the CD, but either make her a much, much better healer at blue/purple to make it worth upgrading her or have a much better/different type of healer available. (don't even mention the AoK, as now I've reached about lvl 30 she is pretty much useless)

I was going to buy Zen anyway... today is 15% bonus Zen, so for $50, I get a total of 6,050 Zen, and the added benefit of an account wide companion.

Added bonus, Paypal is running a promotion. Sign of for their Buy Now, Pay Later (credit) program and get $15 off your first purchase.

So:

5,000 Zen
    300 Bonus Zen
    750 Bonus Zen
    6,050 Total Zen
    +Account Wide Lion Mask
    +Account Wide Companion

all for $35.

Sold!
  • empa88empa88 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    CAN SAY THAT IT ALWAYS BEEN GREEN San SUMMER ...(.WHAT I DO NOT KNOW IF IT HAS CHANGED THE)....
    GF lvl 60
    TR lvl 60
    HR lvl 30
    CW lvl 30
    DC lvl 50
    GWF lvl 30
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I will be quite surprised if it is anything other than green.

If it was blue, never mind purple, I can't help but think that they would have made that a large part of the pitch.

I figure that it's a little something extra for people that take advantage of the bonus Zen, but I wouldn't use it as the sole reason for buying some Zen unless you really want an archer companion.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    xnordicx wrote: »
    From looking at the preview servers companions in general is bad like lillend
    will heal friends for 2% of hp every 30 sec...
    could use alot of lvl 1 pots for the same hp in the sametime...
    why not remove companions totaly instead.
    or is the plan to sell better stated ones for even more zen
    so people that already payed for ther companions
    has to buy new ones to get a usefull one again dont feel that 2000zen is worth 7% what ever that i did pay for my ionstone...

Lillend has 2 powers - the first one is a base 1.8% healed per 2 seconds. The second one is on a longer cooldown, deals damage, and heals in an AoE, IIRC. The regular cleric has an attack that can heal for a small amount, and a direct heal that restores 20% hp and has a cooldown for 30 seconds.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sorytdrewsorytdrew Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I will be quite surprised if it is anything other than green.

If it was blue, never mind purple, I can't help but think that they would have made that a large part of the pitch.

pitch or not, I think a blue would be awesome for the first archer pet. especially seeing as Thursday is the release of the ranger class.
    but even so, i'm with you, it would be surprising to see something other then green since it is only a promo event and your not actually buying it.

even if its green though, you know most people are going to upgrade it at least once to have a blue.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    aumer1 wrote: »
    Whatever the stats, I get to have a companion on all my characters from now on just because I bought some zen, and I got FREE zen to go with it? Hell yeah baby! This Storm Rider could be a flying monkey with a candle blowing kisses at baddies all day and I'd be happy...

I am SO saving up for a Flying Monkey now!
    Seriously. I'd buy that even if it were gray level.

Will wait on the stats for the archer, though.