test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm Rider Companion Stats?

Comments

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You know it should really be Zoey Fargo's sister, you know the one who isn't at Blacklake "having fun" with her.

Well in my mind that's who it will be if the companion is female, if male ... Zoey's brother/father.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    not sure why your "about due" isn't kicking over into "now is a good time"

As in, I normally buy a few $ of Z each payday for "pretties" like dye's mostly, outfits, a new Dawn Unicorn mount, the occasional alteration token ... even a companion once ('coz i wanted to RP Elven sisters) So this bonus will give me an incentive to purchase a bit earlier that's all ...So TYVM to PWE.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • proteusknightproteusknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sorytdrew wrote: »
    my guess is that it would be a green striker.
    as of right now they don't got any stats or rank up skins on the wiki, but here's the link
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion
    scroll down and it's two below the quicklings.

Now it seems it will be white see: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion They moved it from the original location in green to top of white????!!!!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now it seems it will be white see: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion They moved it from the original location in green to top of white????!!!!

One of the forum moderators put it there until it is clear what quality it will be as seen here - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?536751-Storm-Rider-Companion-Stats&p=6625721&viewfull=1#post6625721
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    One of the forum moderators put it there until it is clear what quality it will be as seen here - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?536751-Storm-Rider-Companion-Stats&p=6625721&viewfull=1#post6625721

. . . . . Aye, as imsmithy said. It is not categorized in any of the qualities now, for if you look at the color of the brackets, they are actually yellow/gold and is not longer listed alphabetically. I also replaced the level and the type with ??. We are hoping to have clarification from the specific developer that can give us the information on Monday, when they're back in the Office, as they're on vacation for the Holidays.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As far as it goes, I'd intended to splurge a bit, so this is perfect for me. Because I don't have a credit card, it takes more than a week for me to get money into my Paypal account to actually buy something, so the earlier I do it the better. Funny enough, Two days after I started the week-long transfer, the announcements for the Storm Raider companion and extra Zen showed up, and for less than I was intending to spend on Zen anyways.

I tell you, if that's not serendipity, I don't know what is.

Regardless, I'm very much looking forward to having a ranged striker. A companion that won't get murdered in the fray is a very good thing.
  • themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2013
    I bought 5000 Zen two days before this event started. Not happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aumer1aumer1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For some reason, I am getting a controller vibe from Stormy. Not sure why.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    aumer1 wrote: »
    For some reason, I am getting a controller vibe from Stormy. Not sure why.

Yay, I'm hoping for a controller. With a lightning arrow that stuns or something similar.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    twstdecho wrote: »
    I was going to buy Zen anyway... today is 15% bonus Zen, so for $50, I get a total of 6,050 Zen, and the added benefit of an account wide companion.

Added bonus, Paypal is running a promotion. Sign of for their Buy Now, Pay Later (credit) program and get $15 off your first purchase.

So:

5,000 Zen
    300 Bonus Zen
    750 Bonus Zen
    6,050 Total Zen
    +Account Wide Lion Mask
    +Account Wide Companion

all for $35.

Sold!

or 44.99eur (sigh)

I think it's ok as a promotion, but I already have the lion mask from a free giveaway...
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    or 44.99eur (sigh)

I think it's ok as a promotion, but I already have the lion mask from a free giveaway...

I thought the mask in the promotion graphics looked different for the existing lion mask.
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    With Zen being 15% off right now, not sure why your "about due" isn't kicking over into "now is a good time" regardless of the companion stats. You get it anyway and if you decide it's poor, you didn't really pay anything for it.

But the question really should be, was I going to buy $30, or $40, or $50 of Zen - is the companion 'good enough' for me to get more Zen than I intended? Yes, I am going to get Zen, but was only thinking about $30 - $40, so the stats DO count for something.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    I thought the mask in the promotion graphics looked different for the existing lion mask.

The last charge promotion reused a mask from a giveaway as well.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    krailov wrote: »
    But the question really should be, was I going to buy $30, or $40, or $50 of Zen - is the companion 'good enough' for me to get more Zen than I intended? Yes, I am going to get Zen, but was only thinking about $30 - $40, so the stats DO count for something.

The question is more like "Am I likely to buy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> amount of zen before the next zen promotion?" If you are likely to buy 5k of zen within say...the next 2 months, this promo is great, pet or not. If you haven't got any intention of buying more than 2k(say for a stone, etc) and the rest is "wasted"...the pet is a decider really.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • ulkaurulkaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The real question, is am I really going to waste my time on another green companion? With the over-costed prospect of improving the pet, and the availability of purple pets that have the abilities needed for what you would want a purple pet for, why bother with a green?

Oh, I know, because you save the $15 you would have paid for a green by paying $50. Seriously? I refuse to pay $50 so i can pay $50 more to upgrade it. i got a purple pet for every character on my account and a mount for every character on my account and 600k diamonds for $60. I'm over saying how disappointing the cost structure is in this game. My response is I refuse to participate in the upgrade scam until they figure out why i won't and fix it!
  • myenethe1stmyenethe1st Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I updated the entry in the wiki to reflect that it's quality and type are, as of yet, unknown. We should have official details after Monday.

Soooo...what's the word hummingbird?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    we should have this information very very soon. :)
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited December 2013
    Let me get the stats to you. I'll update the blog post as well.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Let me get the stats to you. I'll update the blog post as well.

Thanks! Will you please let us know here whether it is a white, green, blue, or purple companion?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited December 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Thanks! Will you please let us know here whether it is a white, green, blue, or purple companion?

Storm Rider Companion is green.
  • baylen76baylen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is its active slot bonus decided upon yet? Thanks in advance, and apologies if I missed it somewhere.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Storm Rider Companion is green.

Okay, thanks.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited December 2013
    The Storm Rider has initial power points in Power, Critical Strike, and Armor Penetration, along with three offensive slots for Runestones, one neck slot, one waist slot and one ring slot.

As a green quality companion, the Storm Rider has a Max Rank of 20, providing you with two skins from which to pick before ranking up.

The Storm Rider has three powers and one active bonus:

Active Bonus:

+15 Power and +15 Recovery. *Applies to you as long as this companion is active. This will also increase as your companion levels."

Charged Shot:

8 Second Cooldown, 50' Range

Deals Lightning Damage

A charged arrow that deals additional damage to enemies slowed by Ice Arrow.

Ice Arrow:

1.5 Second Cooldown, 50' Range

Deals Cold Damage

An arrow of ice that deals damage to target foe.

Chilling Arrowheads (available at companion level 30):

Ice Arrow slows the target on impact by 3' per second for 4 seconds.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Storm Rider has initial power points in Power, Critical Strike, and Armor Penetration, along with three offensive slots for Runestones, one neck slot, one waist slot and one ring slot.

As a green quality companion, the Storm Rider has a Max Rank of 20, providing you with two skins from which to pick before ranking up.

The Storm Rider has three powers and one active bonus:

Active Bonus:

+15 Power and +15 Recovery. *Applies to you as long as this companion is active"

Charged Shot:
    8 Second Cooldown, 50' Range
    Deals Lightning Damage
    A charged arrow that deals additional damage to enemies slowed by Ice Arrow.

Ice Arrow:

1.5 Second Cooldown, 50' Range
    Deals Cold Damage
    An arrow of ice that deals damage to target foe.

Chilling Arrowheads (available at companion level 30):
    Ice Arrow slows the target on impact by 3' per second for 4 seconds.

Copy and pasted from the announcement (they put the new info there)
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    50dollars for a green companion, ouch.
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Err, this isn't the "Mystagogue" right?

So, in relation to active bonus
    1) why are base stats 40 lower than all other equivalent companions?
    2) why are the stats a replica of another, theres so many stats to choose from
  • aumer1aumer1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sounds kinda like a controller to me.
  • baylen76baylen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the update! To be in line numerically it should be 55/55 though, not sure if typo.
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    baylen76 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update! To be in line numerically it should be 55/55 though, not sure if typo.

That's what I'm hoping. Will suit me fine even if stats are same aslong as they're equal.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    50dollars for a green companion, ouch.

That is not quite accurate. If you transfer 5000 zen then you get the companion as a bonus, and you still have 5000 zen. And right now 50.00 gets you 6050 zen. You could then use that zen to get whatever else you want, and (currently) nothing costs more than 4000 (Dark Unicorn mount), so you should be able to get a couple of fun things for your money.

Edit: And with the announcement of the Hunter Ranger Booster pack the decision to get zen may be easier, the pack looks quite good (to me at least), and I have already decided to get the booster pack and the bonus companion is just icing on the cake.