test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Active Companion Bonuses System

Comments

• yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was guessing they would change cat to reduce damage from falling and Knockdown effects (maybe knockback too), but + deflect isn't bad.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    And do you look right? The hand of your pet should have a green hand instead of a Grey one. The buff is only for companions not for player.

So.

This companion is basically useless if not summoned, just active? Because it can't do the defense debuffing?

This is just lame and completely not worth it.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    So.

This companion is basically useless if not summoned, just active? Because it can't do the defense debuffing?

This is just lame and completely not worth it.

Any companion you have summoned gains the benefit of the Jagged Dancing Blade active bonus. So it is only useless to have slotted if you either have no companion summoned or you have a companion that doesn't attack so it can't apply the debuff, so for example augment companion.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Edit: Post in wrong thread.
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Any companion you have summoned gains the benefit of the Jagged Dancing Blade active bonus. So it is only useless to have slotted if you either have no companion summoned or you have a companion that doesn't attack so it can't apply the debuff, so for example augment companion.

Of course I have a non-attacking companion, they're dumb enough to be completely useless to me in PvE. I wouldn't trade my stone for 100 phoeras or archons or whatevers.

@devs: please reconsider this and make this companion remotely useful for cases like mine, most people never use attacking companions so I'm not alone in this.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Of course I have a non-attacking companion, they're dumb enough to be completely useless to me in PvE. I wouldn't trade my stone for 100 phoeras or archons or whatevers.

@devs: please reconsider this and make this companion remotely useful for cases like mine, most people never use attacking companions so I'm not alone in this.

It's good that you don't benefit from it. The attacking companions need buffs, not the augmentuser ones.
    edited November 2013
    It's good that you don't benefit from it. The attacking companions need buffs, not the augmentuser ones.

I agree. It is a good thing that some of the active bonuses buff summoned companions instead of the character.
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ioun Stone's new bonus of 7% chance on encounter use to slow a target is useless for clerics. Most of their encounters affect teammates, not enemies. The old lifesteal/deflect is far better for clerics. I would suggest changing it if you don't want this class to be screaming on forums when module 2 comes out.

Chance to slow is totally unreliable and there are only very rare situations you want a extra slow in pve anyway - despite the fact that slows dont seem to work against mobs ^^
  • twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    dnosrc wrote: »
    Chance to slow is totally unreliable and there are only very rare situations you want a extra slow in pve anyway - despite the fact that slows dont seem to work against mobs ^^

Moreover it doesn't stack so, given that almost every party member has the stone, it's a almost complete waste.

PLEASE reconsider this buff and make it as a personal buff and not a stupid target's debuff.
  • aladia1732aladia1732 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    twinkje wrote: »
    Moreover it doesn't stack so, given that almost every party member has the stone, it's a almost complete waste.

PLEASE reconsider this buff and make it as a personal buff and not a stupid target's debuff.

I totally agree!
  • reshaimreshaim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pretty useless, especially for DC encounter powers as Astral Shield...considering about how many players use the Ioun Stone of Allure, spending time and efforts to level it up, i seriously expect you would come up with a really useful bonus because this one is absolutely CRAP!
  • selenethialselenethial Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dnosrc wrote: »

I agree 100%
    The ioun stone buff is useless. Reconsider it please.
  • erginz034erginz034 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I agree with that!
  • palletta28palletta28 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013

yes yes yes
  • palla28palla28 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013

-_- -___- yes
  • larzyntlarzynt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, Ioun Stone of allure's new Buff is for.. ? Control Wizards?

Let's talk seriusly, Trickster Rogue usually fight against bosses, Encounter used (on my side): Impossible To Catch (doesnt give any chance for this new buff), Wicked Reminder (VERY USEFUL Debuff, Boss's run speed decreased), Lashing blade (same for Wicked Reminder).. we rarely use encouters.

Devoted Cleric: Astral shield doesnt give any chance for this new buff. Useful for Devoted Cleric.

Gwf: Usually attack in combo with Singularity.. if mobs can't move, why should a GWF debuff mob's run speed?

GF: Uhm MAYBE here can be a good debuff. MAYBE

I don't like this new debuff, and we PAY 2.000 zen for a companion like this? :3
  • saved81saved81 Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2013
    larzynt wrote: »
    [cut]
    GF: Uhm MAYBE here can be a good debuff. MAYBE

I don't like this new debuff, and we PAY 2.000 zen for a companion like this? :3
    Not even a GF should enjoy this buff since we are melee.. the fact that a mob moves slower is totally useless for a melee fighter.
    The only ones that could get any use of this buff are the CW and the HR.

The funny thing is that they buffed the cat bonus and nerfed to the ground the one of the stone... srsly are you kiddin me?

Noone ever said it was an OP buff (not even the ones that were whining for the cat's buff) and you touched something noone whined for?
    edited November 2013
    As a CW, Ioun Stone of Allure's buff, even at level 30 (10%) is useless to me. Please reconsider.

Also please reconsider Jagged Dancing Blade and other such companions that do not affect the chars with augments if you want to see them actually being used by them. My opinion is that they should have something useful so they have a chance to be competitive.
    edited November 2013
    As a CW, Ioun Stone of Allure's buff, even at level 30 (10%) is useless to me. Please reconsider.

Also please reconsider Jagged Dancing Blade and other such companions that do not affect the chars with augments if you want to see them actually being used by them. My opinion is that they should have something useful so they have a chance to be competitive.

Augmentuser shouldn't profit anymore. At which time you check this? The active companion user need buffs not the augmentuser one!
    edited November 2013
    Augmentuser shouldn't profit anymore. At which time you check this? The active companion user need buffs not the augmentuser one!

Dunno about this. Both need buffs, if we are to go with this system.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Given the state of companions in the game, they don't even really need to give any buff to the augments. Having them summoned is buff enough.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited November 2013
    Ghost bonus of 10% (at epic) more damage for summoned companion is weak considering combat companions probably contributes a small percentage of a player's damage, let's say 10%, and assuming they don't die like they always do in some boss fights such as dracolich for this example. It would work out to about 1% damage increase by the player, whereas a sellsword with 300 power would contribute about 2% more damage by the player. Boar bonus of critical severity to companion is also superior.

Cold Iron Warrior's bonus is only applicable when doing feywild content, and only benefits the summoned companion. Very few people would want to use this companion in active slot.

The nerf to fire archon is too severe. Any epic companion with + offense stat will give more boost to damage.

Ioun Stone's new bonus of 7% chance on encounter use to slow a target is useless for clerics. Most of their encounters affect teammates, not enemies. The old lifesteal/deflect is far better for clerics. I would suggest changing it if you don't want this class to be screaming on forums when module 2 comes out.

Buff to cat companion so it gives 200 more deflect at epic is a very good change!

Neverember Guard bonus is very weak.

Quickling companion bonus to movement could use a bit of buff, not many people would choose it over a companion giving any other stat.

Phase spider reduced damage from combat advantage against you is weak. Combat advantage is already very low damage, and 10% (rare) of that is very small. No reason to choose this over a man at arms with defense stat bonus.

Angel of Protection could use some rewording "On resurrection you are shielded for 10% of your total hit points." Does this mean you get 10% of maximum hp as temporary hitpoints?

Icosahedron Ioun Stone bonus of 10% more exp is wasted at level 60. It is probably such a rare companion that it wouldn't hurt to buff it with 300 more stat points. Or just remove the 10% exp bonus since it may be useless for a good percentage of the people who get this companion.

Lillend bonus has a 30 second cooldown, does that prevent people from being affected by the bonus multiple times in 30 seconds if dailies are cast by different players who have the lillend companion bonus? Personally I think the timed delay makes it look less attractive than say 300 power for a cleric, since 300 power would give about 2% more healing, and use that extra healing on whoever needs it without cooldown.

Finally I would like to mention something very important about companions at end game. NO ONE USES THEM. Everyone has had the experience of trying to sneak past a group of mobs when leveling from 1-60 and the companion attracts the enemies because they like to walk in the middle of paths, and know that this makes them useless for end game and actually inferior to augment pets beginning from level 1. Remove the aggro when sneaking past enemies and people will consider actually using non augment pets, OR fix dungeons so you can't sneak past enemies. There is also the issue of companions always dying in some fights such as dracolich and not contributing anything because they keep dying, but really this is small in comparison to the issue of companion aggro when walking past enemies that can easily wipe teams.
    I agree with anything written, I'd also suggest to make tha archon buff something like 4% more dmg for mobs under 50% health... lower than this, a dog with 300 Arp will give basically twice the bonus a fire archon is givin.
    edited November 2013
    saved81 wrote: »
    I agree with anything written, I'd also suggest to make tha rchon buff something like 4% more dmg for mobs under 50% heath... lower than this, a dog with 300 Arp will give basically twice the bonus a fire archon is givin.

Arpen don't give bonus dmg. So your comparison is invalid. Arpen only reducy DR impact on damage done. And this is only at a point of Arpen<DR useful. Anything else is useless.
    edited November 2013

It's you're own choise to get a companion more than another, with the DR in the game an augment companion isn't as good as it seems and, most of all, noone said that I can't switch to another companion the time I want and that doesn't mean that I should waste my active slotbecouse I had an augment companion slotted in.
    edited November 2013
    Arpen don't give bonus dmg. So your comparison is invalid. Arpen only reducy DR impact on damage done. And this is only at a point of Arpen<DR useful. Anything else is useless.
    If you know what you're doing 1%Arp= 1% more dmg

/discussion
    edited November 2013
    If you know what you're doing 1%Arp= 1% more dmg

/discussion

How is 30% Arpen not enough? Stupid thinking...
    edited November 2013
    If you know what you're doing
    And you don't.

/discussion
  • twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013

1 less dark rank 10, 1 more radiant rank 10.

Fire Archon is a +1,6% damage. But most of the time it's not even that because you can easily kill mobs before they can get to <30% hp and even if you do that more damage when they are low hp, good chances are you're overkilling.

Plus, active companion bonuses is a complete different matter with the summoned companion usefulness. Summoned companion need a buff because they are bad. Making the active buff of a Zen Shop companion worse won't make non-augmentation pet any better.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited November 2013
    Hey Devs, can you tell us who is the stupid guy who propose this idea about the Ion Stone so we can send him hate mail. that is one stupid *******.
  • jd471980jd471980 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Request, For the Developers

Cleric Rank 0 White

Currently the Best Healing skill in the game would have to be

Healing Word -Heals for 20% of the players health over 10 seconds

the other 2 skills that come along with this is so poor, is there anyway to change these 2 skills to make them more Heal Like and not a ridiculous 45-57 damage and even worse range healing increased at 30 ?

I am aware we have the Liliand Healing pet however even when i use this at rank 30 its still not as good as the cleric

i would like to see if the Developers can improve the Cleric
This discussion has been closed.