test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seisem's PVE DPS GWF Guide

13»

Comments

• seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    And with pk I understand what you mean.. But grinding an easy dungeon 5 times in a hour seems to bit bland to me.. When I got skilled enough to run CN.. That's pretty much all I ran.. With the odd t2 run here and there.. Cause like the idea of a test rather than something easy..
    But when the merge comes I'm very happy to pt up and see how it goes.. I have already done pts with most the other top GWfs on beholder.. The closest anyone has got was within about 15% of my dps

I just wanted to touch up on this part. When I say we can do 5 PK in an hour DD, it is simply to farm AD. You have to realize that our main core of our guild is fully geared out. I have nothing to gain from any T2 or CN run. Since we are a legit non exploit guild, we can utilize our time better by doing as many PK runs as we want, and then before DD ends go to MC/CN or even a T2 if maybe somebody's alt is looking for a certain piece.

PK is by far the easiest T2 farm. For 5 runs you are looking at about ~100 drake seals (which rings can be salvaged for 6k AD a piece). With my GWF, for some reason I'm getting vorpal near every run in the chest. So lets say I walk away with 3 vorpals from chests that's another 51k AD. Then other random enchantments that drop + epics that can be salvaged on alts (BOE ones for 6k-8k a piece). It adds up pretty quick. The fact that I can farm out a great chunk of AD with little to no effort while still playing the game and having fun makes it worth it. And, if we want to do CN for whatever reason, we can queue up at the last second.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    whats ur take vorpal vs lightning, having 50%+ crit full buffed makes solid case for vorpal + you no problems if u have to solo boss

and battle fury doesnt seem so good especially with avatar where u need to keep stacks up, 17s cd for like 2 sec boost, but ive always hated short buffs like this in any game, doesnt it make harder keeping 4pt set bonus up

• seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    banaanc wrote: »
    whats ur take vorpal vs lightning, having 50%+ crit full buffed makes solid case for vorpal + you no problems if u have to solo boss

and battle fury doesnt seem so good especially with avatar where u need to keep stacks up, 17s cd for like 2 sec boost, but ive always hated short buffs like this in any game, doesnt it make harder keeping 4pt set bonus up

Battle Fury I try to use right before unstoppable. It is more than a 2 second boost and the extra damage is worth it to me. Again, I like to use unstoppable + WMS for the majority of all dungeons, so using another encounter instead will slow me down. I only use IBS at the end of my unstoppable for the extra damage.

I prefer lightning, but it seems like everybody will tell you vorpal. If you want Vorpal to work to its best potential, you will need to stack more crit. If I stack more crit, I'm losing raw power. Raw Power has 100% return on what you put into it, the higher it goes the harder you hit. Crit is simply a chance to crit. 33% crit does not mean 1 out of every 3 hits is a crit... it means you have a 33% chance to crit. I prefer the guarantee by hitting hard every time. 50% crit buff sacrifices a lot and in the end you will be doing less damage overall.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Thank you all..its so complicated. What should a solo person do? No access to the real nice t2 gear now that i can't save for it. I had a nice guild invte me so i can do GG for coins for gear i gather. What weapon? I have ice axe one for now. Is the Shandahar one worth it? http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Angelbane@endocin)/charactersheet
    :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    i got pvp t1 gear for start was cheap at AH, now probably it isnt as cheap, but there should be some epics within 15k. get reavers edge, its cheap and decent weapon, unless that axe is about the same.

u can get some cheap and good enough rings from ah within 15k ad, slot your gear with rank5
    for dps belt go for Smiting Blessed Belt its blue and really cheap but gives better offensive stats than any stupid epic

when u have done that u should be at some 10k gs and can start running lower t2 like pirate, fh. do that during delves and ull get geared, 1 lucky drop can net u over a mil AD that buys ancient weapon and offhand

• vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    banaanc wrote: »
    i 10k gs and can start running lower t2

LFG for t2 10k gs gwf

Good luck with that.
    English is not my first language.
    edited October 2013
    i was a bit over 10k when i started running t2, ofc its hard to get party cause of tons of **** gwfs ruining gwf name and morons believing gwfs do low dmg cause of said noobs

• endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Is this event skirmish ok for me? I usually don't group. No mike as it disturbs other patients. Chance at good stuff? Thanks guys/gals :) I don't want to screw a group up on their chances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    endocin wrote: »
    Is this event skirmish ok for me? I usually don't group. No mike as it disturbs other patients. Chance at good stuff? Thanks guys/gals :) I don't want to screw a group up on their chances.

Chance at a companion that's going to be more for fun than useful, and a cosmetic weapon skin that is free to use (for the first transmutation). Also dyes. The event's cruel enchantment isn't as suited to the GWF as the savage enchants from previous events.

Lots of people get into pick-up skirmishes with no mic. They're quick, and it shouldn't be so difficult that your inexperience in group play will be a major hindrance. I always liked skirmishes as a way to practice playing with a group without the commitment or pressure of a dungeon run.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    endocin wrote: »
    The kind soul above answered about the drops, and the transmuting the skin is free during the event I believe. :)

Also, as stated, the Skirmish is very quick so you won't need a mic for it at all. So I say go for it if you'd like the new Weapon Skin, new Companion, new Enchantment, and if ya wanted something just fun to do! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • rash43rash43 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you'd chosen a non-human character, where would you remove some Heroic feats
    edited October 2013
    i dont know your current setup but have a few questions about gear from 1st post

u have excorcist neck, isnt fugitives better since u get arp from recovery cause of disciple of war

rings berserker arp, power and lifesteal vs slavemaster power+crit+recovery, you get arp from disciple of war, and though crit doesnt help much with avatar set cause ur at 3k+ crit, recovery is really nice to keep avatars 4/4 bonus up + free armor pen

belt - Piercing Valiant, Smiting Valiant gives more dps + recovery

and con vs dex u dont have Constitution Focus, so it wouldnt be better to stack max dex for crit, since u need only 24% armor pen u can get from recovery and pet but its easy to hit diminishing returns on crit and crit from dex isnt affected by it, and with 1x hp stone(rank5) i only have 1k less hp
    my crit is 37.6%/50%+ when buffed

what about Hrimnir set, they give 480 total stats vs 462(not counting feats) + set bonus and being jack of all trades class we can use every last stat on them better than other classes. even with all accessories Ancient with recovery and disciple of war u get 1501,5 total stats vs 1485 + 600hp and 60 ms from set

Didnt see the Coming soon(tm) Boons section :D
    T1 - Power>Def
    T2 - i took crit but i might respec it cause i have a lot of crit anyway so might as well take deflect
    T3 - Action points seems better for dps but with how bad our dailies are i think ill pick HP for comfort
    T4 - If its true that they proc once per minute then they are useless and a waste of 20k ad not even talking about how long it takes to farm, but its cryptic
    T5 - Probably power as aoe class we get kills so could stack a bit more power, but they all seem to be baaaaad, 400 dmg at lvl 60 is pathetic, though could help a bit with tanking, 10% stamina, i dont know how noticable it is and 10% heal from potions... dafuq, if it increased effectiveness of pots including buff pots it would be better

heres my gwf gs is 11.5k(kinda low imho), arp a bit too much but ill be replacing shirt and pants soon + i need ancient offhand, stones are rank5. pet is about same as yours, just Eldritch on Def slot

• linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello seisem2,
    Can I add your guide to mmominds.com?
    Thank you.
  • deathwish2112deathwish2112 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is Seisem2's guide still a good guide with the new changes to GWFs or its outdated now?
  • nozfnozf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Someone play'ed with the Power / Feat's link :( they r all messed up
  • spikefrspikefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I made this from this build :
    attachment.php?attachmentid=12231&stc=1&d=1388990565
  • nozfnozf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tyvm Sir !
  • spikefrspikefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • detoxicspicerdetoxicspicer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why does nobody include Power tree table, so we can see what you avoided to put Points into? If you can add it, that would be great.
    edited December 2014
    A) old build is old, OP might not even play anymore
    B) play long enough and you can max out every power, even the crummy ones, from overflow points
    C) you're given a list here of crucial powers, the rest don't really matter, take what you like or place points only to unlock higher powers

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I dont think Seis plays anymore. I cant remember if I added he/she to my friendlist when I encountered he/she. All I remember was they invited me to their guild (i believe it was a "legit" guild at the time) cause I was a competent healer in Mod1. But I havent seen or heard from them since. (I declined, was in a active guild at the time).

So I dont think this build will ever be updated for future reference. Unless Seis makes a return.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why does nobody include Power tree table, so we can see what you avoided to put Points into? If you can add it, that would be great.

atm you can get almost all powers with bonus skill points

http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=pa3:20aksg:208beo,1000000:100000:100000:100000&h=0&p=ivn
    should be more or less safe + you get more skill points from overflow exp
    Paladin Master Race
  • sancidsancid Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Y no ds? It's an instant 30% damage boost...
    edited December 2014
    sancid wrote: »
    Y no ds? It's an instant 30% damage boost...

A) Not without being feated (Powerful Challenge), which is still possible for a Swordmaster but not without giving up something else
    B) GWFs played differently when this was written, and Daring Shout was broken for a long time (looked at ranks in Roar, so appeared to do nothing)

Etc.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    So I have a few questions. 1 do you have a link to the pictures of your gear and companion? for some reason this site will not let me look at pictures on here. 2 will this still work as well with the new level 70 max? and 3 will the black ice gear work more to help giving the un-pure ones give a good bit of power and armor pen?
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    this guide is totally outdated while some principles remain the same you are far better off looking at this guide here or alternatively, this guide here for options to build your lv 70 pve GWF.

Side note, I will never understand how people manage to dig up year old threads but miss the current guides on page 1 :p
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    scathias said:

this guide is totally outdated while some principles remain the same you are far better off looking at this guide here or alternatively, this guide here for options to build your lv 70 pve GWF.

Side note, I will never understand how people manage to dig up year old threads but miss the current guides on page 1 :p

thank you for the help. and i will tell you how. when we try to look for say "great weapon fighter" in the search it gives you every thing dealing with each word not the hole thing so it will show you stuff with "great" in it. and most of the time it is a random not "here is the most resent to the oldest." so it is a "find what you get." same with all forms not just this one.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐