test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The simple reason why BOP had to be implimented

124»

Comments

• bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Sorry, bs. Now you have to farm/earn your gear instead of just buying your toon.

Why do people keep saying this? It's entirely untrue. You can still buy your gear on the AH.
  • millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    seal of executioner of old was changed yes. The new ones gives 478 critical, which is nothing to cry about as it only costs 8 seals to get(ancient rings tend to give 154 in 3 stats, or 462 gear score) . The other blue ring still gives like 404 regen (seal of restoration or something). The point I was making is that there is a such thing as good blue items, so getting a sufficient amount of gear to viably run the T1 dungeons is not impossible.

Like you said, items on AH are starting to drop as AD is becoming more scarce, so you acknowledge that the problem is fixing itself.

The DD event is only worthless if you have all your gear, and the value of salvaging isnt worth it because you need 500k+ to upgrade an enchant or enhancement. I would argue it is very viable until you have your desired purple gear setup, and rank 7 enchants in all slots as those are reasonably affordable with the current refinement cap and such. After that, hey man I get it. Maybe they need to award more blue wards from invoking, or make it a possible reward in the DD chest. That would get the player base motivated to do DDs. Isn't that where all end gamers are at? Upgrading your weapon/armor enhancement or enchants, or maybe even your companion?

Also, if you want to give end game players something to do, there are more creative ways than them farming t2 sets to sell so they can purchase enchants or enhancements, which in my reply i noted as a problem since AD is more scarce. Removing BoP isnt the only way to solve that. If anything there is more "refined" AD in game overall since it is easier to reach the refinement cap now. Where that AD is allocated now has probably changed. When you sell an item on the AH, the refined AD doesnt come from thin air. It comes from a player who refined it at some point. So the overall flow is the same, or more now that there is a salvager and a Lord Protector daily.
  • millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    bubba, yes you can buy gear on AH... completely agree. Its just much more expensive to actually purchase t2 sets now unless you are buying a ton of zen
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bubba, yes you can buy gear on AH... completely agree. Its just much more expensive to actually purchase t2 sets now unless you are buying a ton of zen

then why did you type it?
    edited September 2013
    Of course you can still buy gear on the AH. I never said you couldn't. The practice of a level 30 having a full t2 set waiting in bank to equip when they hit 60 is obviously a rarity, if not completely gone.
  • gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bubba1966 wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying this? It's entirely untrue. You can still buy your gear on the AH.

Yeah but on nightmare Thursday, and the Friday afterward, Virtually all of the T2 Items - particularly the sets, up for sale at 75k-100 k almost magically vanished to be replaced by what seemed to be the same items, only priced from 200k to 450k. No lag, No sellout with a void, and no stragglers. To my jaded old MMO vet's eyes it had all the earmarks of a mass scalper takeover. Anyone who's played a few years has seen it.

But it seems they miscalculated a bit, because more of it times out on the AH than sells. There are a few cash shop player still around who don't care about money that will pay that, but most of the player base is refusing to buy. With the general broken state of the endgame - what with all the player dissatisfaction with the nerfs and BOP,dungeon traffic is so low that the que team building proc has gotten wonky, and might stick you in a 2 or 3 player instance. So no one is in a hurry to mortgage the house just to get good gear for epic DDs.

So Bubba, as far as I'm concerned, I'd lot rather watch 50 or 60 of these things time out, and cost the poster that 4k to 8k posting fee than to buy 1. No crocodile tears from me. I'd be sort of ashamed to get taken like that. Prices are dropping faster now - top dollar gear almost all under 300k. I'm just sitting back with a smile :)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gek1956 wrote: »
    But it seems they miscalculated a bit, because more of it times out on the AH than sells.

Yup, it's sure looking that way. It's interesting.

There always were a few sellers around (and one in particular where I could recognize at least 4 names with the same account behind them all) who'd list stuff for crazy-high prices, apparently preferring to lose listing fees every five days in the interest of getting that odd rare insane sale.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Of course you can still buy gear on the AH. I never said you couldn't. The practice of a level 30 having a full t2 set waiting in bank to equip when they hit 60 is obviously a rarity, if not completely gone.

Not completely gone - a number of people probably bought such gear sets for their alts before the BoP change, and they may still be sitting on them. I doubt many new players went this route, however.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Not completely gone - a number of people probably bought such gear sets for their alts before the BoP change, and they may still be sitting on them. I doubt many new players went this route, however.

Yeah, I'm one of the few that bought sets for alts before BoP. I got the full shadow weaver and high vizor set for dirt cheap still sitting in mail. Even still have the you won auction tag. lol Was gonna sell and try to farm the new gear but meh.;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    That's probably because most are out doing dailies in Sharandar or Festival, lol. I don't even bother going to PE these days unless I have to.

Same... I would generally hang out in PE if there was nothing else to do... that's when I would buy stuff. Typically now though, I'm running Sharadar with my 5 toons, or mucking around in the MSF, or teaching new guildies the dungeons so they won't have to buy the stuff out of the AH, and when the delves roll around they have a high chance of completion. Gear is too easy to get now that they made it your choice of 3 in the end chest... Why pay?

Plus I like the Master of Hunt Skirmish.... Just wish they would allow you to do them all at level 60 (diff bumped accordingly of course)
    edited September 2013
    gek1956 wrote: »
    Players like you are why I am posting in this thread. I can't fix the DDs, I don't know what's gonna come down in todays patch. But I do know ways that LVL 60 cleric at your gear level can make money, because I've been where you are.

If you look on the AH, you will quickly notice that LVL 6 enhancements sell for between 10k and 40k ADs. Now these don't drop in missions, but at your level many 4s DO drop. It takes ay least 16 4's to make a 6. You will get mixed results.. more silveries than darks, but they add up.

Go to the Foundry. keyboard 'L' will take you to the headline page. click on catalog. Look to see how the missions are rated and note the ones with the most reviews and times run. There is some very good content here, and most of these missions you can run in a single play session like you described. You will get better drops (more lvl4 enhancements) from boss heavy missions. Since you are playing a DC, you will farm slower than many players and will get killed a few times trying. You will average 4 to 8 enhancement drops on the better missions

When you get useful blue drops, and there is NO LOOT ROLE since you are solo, or can pick up less expensive purple on the AH use them.. with some of the lvl4 enhancements that you farm, but keep most of them. Combine them when you can.. be prepared for fusion failures. I don't waste wards on anything under a level 6 fusion. But usually, on average you will get a lvl6 enhancement for every 20 to 25 4's

I think that you will find this much more rewarding than the DDs - I know I do. You can still team on the skirmishes when you want to. Teams are better, fewer faceplants, and when they happen they are funny. :D Do your Sharandar basic mishes so you can get to the Master of the Hunt Skirmish. Its always busy. and your team Is much less likely to let you down.

I know its sort of a baby step approach, but once you find which Foundry missions you like best I think you will stop spinning your wheels and have fun. You can always come back to DDs later once you gear up and the content isn't as broken as it is now. I'll bet within a month you are ready to move on. And I'll also bet that you will STILL come back to these missions. I'm not going to tell you my favorite Foundry content. You will find your own. You will also hit some turkeys ;) just keep truckin.

GL.....Don't pay these F N scalpers more than 50k for T1 or 200k for T2.

GL

Good advice. I keep all my enchants though... same with Preservation wards only when it will create a purple....
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sigreg wrote: »
    ^^This.

Im reading this topic and sometimes im really surprised how much some (advanced i suppose) players are fixed on their point of view.
    For me - newbie lvl 60 cleric BoP was real disaster, and it came in really bad moment. Right now im trying to run my first epic dungeons, and you know what ? Its fail after fail. I have family, life, work and duties, i CANNOT spend all day playing, one hour max two - its all what i can do per day in my free time. This is also reason why i wont join any guild, im casual player and sometimes dont play for even week or so, in such situation i have no other choice than dungeons in PUG's. How such tries end - read couple lines above. Each time random team is filled with pretty newbie players, undergeared, rushing alone in pack of mobs where they die (and complain why cleric wasnt able to refill their health vanishing in 2 or 3 seconds) or zerging bosses as their most advanced strategy. Generally players who dont know what to do or either dont know how to play their own char, but i dont blame them, maybe they are also just casuals plaing for fun with one difference - i think they generall dont give s.it about learning to be more effective and dont communicate at all. We DONT have veterans in pugs in T1, no anybody who know what to do, how to use some more advanced tactics or how teamplay looks like. Just think what it does mean for squishy class like cleric or wizard. You say "adapt" ? Adapt to to WHAT ? I tried to run Epic Mad dragon 12 times already to get one purple piece of BASIC T1 SET, 9 times pug's wasnt able to defeat even first boss because lack of skill, gear tactics or/and teamplay, and none of those 12 runs was finished with success. It is what i have to adapt for ? I think you - well geared and advanced players have no idea what is going on now in low level gameplay..
    Now look at prices in AH right now, you say "cheap purple gear" ? look how much i need to pay for "cheap" purple what is just little better than utter garbage. Check how much i need to pay for half descent enchants. How poor geared lvl60 have to earn this amount of AD if its not possible to successful run even simple dungeon and income in this case = 0 ?
    Maybe for some of you BoP was real gift of the heavens, but for me - casual player who is making first steps as lvl 60 its like kick directly in face. I really liked this game, i just loved dungeons, but right now i feel like trying to smash a wall with my head. I cannot get purples from dungeons because my pugs are getting masssacred each time, and i cannot buy purples instead to have better chances because - quess what, i cannot earn so much Ad if im not able to run dungeons !
    So please - you advanced well geared players, try to see also our point of view before you say how great is Bop and all what came with it.

I never purchased any T2 gear for my characters. Even before BoP came about. I purchased super cheap purples from the AH. I slotted rank 4 and 5 enchants in them as that's what I had laying around from leveling. I ran T2s in pugs, yes there were failures at first. I made some friends who were actually decent. They also had made a few friends who were actually decent. We started grouping together and succeeding. I then earned all of my T2 gear without buying any of it on the AH. It was even harder to get the item you wanted back then, too. It's now 3 times easier.

Not only is this still possible, but statistically, you only have to run 1/3 the amount of DDs to get your set. If you're unwilling to build a friends list with some decent players or join a guild then you're not utilizing one of the most important parts of the game. This is an MMORPG. You're talking dungeons that are designed around have a 5 man party. Running end game dungeons with randoms is like rolling the dice and the odds are stacked against you. You might as well try running T2s with random gear, couple grey, couple greens, ect... If you choose not to use tools that are right in front of you, specifically to help organize groups of people, then you are choosing to lose. There's really no need to choose that. None at all.

I have a full time job, new born son, a wife, and a life. I also don't have loads of time to spend in game. Half of the time I am in game it's semi afk. But I see if there's a DD event lining up with my free time and make sure to check with some guildies/friends before the event starts to see if they want to form up a group. People I can trust to do well. Sometimes I still pug just to meet new people.

On a side note, my guild has plenty of casual players in it.

Edit: Also, Epic Mad Dragon is a special case. The problem there is the difficulty of the final boss, it really should be a T2 dungeon. that's a separate issue, however.
    edited September 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    Edit: Also, Epic Mad Dragon is a special case. The problem there is the difficulty of the final boss, it really should be a T2 dungeon. that's a separate issue, however.

I was going to say the same thing. However, unlike games such as EQ, where if you were a casual player you could do crafting etc, you can't really expect casual players to be come proficient at dungeons. I think the whole genre is not really for casual players... most MMO players are mid-level to hardcore gamers. Why? Because if you don't play... you friends out level you or simply leave you behind in gear score. It is what it is.

I hate to sound like an elitest dou-che but it's going to be inevitable in this case... but if you don't want to join a guild... don't have a group of friends who play on your schedule, then you are kinda wasting your time.

There is really nothing CASUAL about learning tactics to take down end bosses. It's something you either get fostered in a guild/group who do play often, or you are doomed to fail over and over again, as a result of learning... I think that's why they are adding stuff like the festivals, more end game soloable quest etc. But Dungeons.... nothing casual about them... never have been... sorry. :/
  • jamest999jamest999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just my 2 cents, I don't like BoP because it just makes me feel like I'm playing some generic console game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I know it's a game but it just stretches my mind to think I found this sword but I'm the only one who can possibly use it. Additionally I made a Fomarian Greatsword and it bugged and didn't grant it, so now I get to wait the infinite amount of time till the decide to deal with the bug I encountered and either farm or buy another one ( over a million AD for parts ) I could start making another but since it's BoP that seems like a waste. If anything I feel they need to have a more diverse build system where you want to have more than just the 10 highest pieces of gear and accompanying enchantments. Something more along the lines of stripping the bonuses off top tier gear and turning them into boons that you would only be able to hold so many of. This would drastically reduce the amount of gear out in the world and give us a ton of stuff to work towards. As a final note on BoP...DCUO they have a VERY similar system on how not only gear works but enchantments too, well other than the massive chance for destroying the enchantment at high levels. Not a fan of it over there either.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    as the crypt turns. well met.

i'm closing the coffin on this one.
    Rule 3.13 - No Necromancy
    . . . . If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.

Rule 3.08 - No Inappropriate Discussion Types
    . . . . Inappropriate discussion-types include, but are not limited to, the following discussion types: Politics, Religious issues, Abortion debates, drug use, etc. Common sense should dictate what is appropriate or not. Also, "Pay to Win" argument threads are prohibited.

thank you.
This discussion has been closed.