test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The simple reason why BOP had to be implimented

Comments

• gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that they made T2 3 times easier to farm if you didn't want to spend the money. Not to mention the huge AD you can make by actually running dungeons and selling loot now.

I paid 400k for Vigilant helm yesterday b/c honestly who's going to take a GWF to Spell lol =P But I ran a couple dungeons with other characters before that and made over 600k, which I never would have even been close to pre patch. So yes gear is more expensive, so if you continue to run dungeons that means the gear you are selling will also go for more. If you are too lazy to ever run anything then boo hoo for you, you can wait until you refine 400k to get your T2 pieces.

So what you are telling me is that you're rich and that makes it OK. Any veteran who wants to be rich in game can be. The problem here is not us vets. The changes are running off more players than they are keeping. Not everyone wants to farm. Many of the new players can't. But nobody enjoys dying over and over again because they either would rather roleplay than grind for gear or are just too new to hack it without gear they can't afford.

Happy players stay. Unhappy players leave. you're happy. Yippee.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Lol I have a full set of blue's except for weapon/offhand, I spent under 20k for everything I"m wearing and slotted rank 5's that I combined myself. My gear is power/crit/regen and meant for PvP, and my spec is also 100% PvP and yet even with multiple other <10k GS players we were able to complete T2's, baffling right?

Edit: My other 4 60's all have their T2 sets and are only working on enchants. I run dungeons with them too b/c I make on average triple or more what I used to make running dungeons. The only thing I'm saying about enchants it that enchants have not changed in price but I make triple what I used to, so enchants are now easier to get b/c I'm making more money.

If you just run some dungeons instead of complaining on forums you will see that you actually make more money now.

im not into making money so no
    i wont do dungeons even if DD is on ill only join if i want to (i only do dungeons before to help guildmates but most of them quit now)

im playing to enjoy not to farm
    doing dungeon repeatedly will stress you

its better if its BoE so you can farm items for your alts (bank is useless cant transfer items to other characters)
    grym glory and seals became useless bec of BoP
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    benskix2 wrote: »
    Very few players are investing enough time in this game for that to be a big concern. Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few and what not.

If you are hitting the refine limit every day, and still have a pile of rough AD waiting (I am sitting on areound 400.000 myself), then it should be obvious that it is a bit of a concern for some people. If you want to be able to ger up, get decent gear and enchants than you just need reliable income in the form of refined AD - and that means crafting, AH, or buying zen.

People can still make a cecent amount of AD through crafting, but I expect that loophole to be closed soon.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For the record (I can hear a chorus of boos gearing up), for me, this is the best end-game ever. Give me a campaign like Feywild to work through, with the occasional Foundry mission or guild team-up, and I'm gold. I've got better things to do than wait in queues or repeat stuff for gear. Yeah, FW is a little repetitive, but progress takes the form of buffs and slow gear accumulation that I control.

Maybe even, in time and with a little better management, you'll be able to do instances without a massive gear score, because the goal of them won't be to farm for items to sell, it'll be actual drops. Right now this doesn't work, but the farming thing wasn't good, either.
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    The sistem of progression by GS in dugeons is already outdated and just reduce compelling content in end-game. In my opinion they should create a system more elaborate in which player chooses difficulty and gets the loot accordingly. To prevent players from repeatedly repeat the same dugeon could be placed a random time during the day when she could be executed, like the system of dugeons of Gauntlgrym.
  • misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Thing is, very much simplified, all the AD in the game comes from refining, if you double the cap, the prices will double over time. This is because the only way for AD to be removed from the market is people A. Spending it on stuff costing AD, like Id scrolls, or B. People spending 10x the amount on AH.
    The AD is almost worthless if the players barely wants it (check the in game AD to gold ratio..)
    Wizard.jpg
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I see now it just people stuck in the past .Oh I hate it that ones who love this bop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> are on mind set AH=p2w when it not(because some super lazy *** can buy AD with real life money). That not why the AH is there it to SELL your LOOT . My god this is getting old fast.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    I see now it just people stuck in the past .Oh I hate it that ones who love this bop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> are on mind set AH=p2w when it not(because some super lazy *** can buy AD with real life money). That not why the AH is there it to SELL your LOOT . My god this is getting old fast.

Sorry, but you can not expect to get 500k AD within 20 minutes of work. 500k AD cost? 200 bucks? Getting paid 200 bucks for 15-20 minutes of work (most likely exploiting) doesn't make any sense. Maybe you are just too young and don't know it any better yet. Mmorpgs are about progression, that is correct BUT one cannot expect to be given everything cheap/for free. The way you always try to justify your claims is that you want to make more than 24k AD per day. Other people can do it, you can do it, too.
    Dedicate a lot of time and be rewarded, dedicate zero time and don't get anything, that's life.

I hope you finally understand, that you are one of the many with the wrong mindset, not the ones defending the BoP changes.

Take care.

• goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Even though I have tons of ad, I refuse to pay 4x - 20x the price for gear that was only about 20k prefeywild.:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
    edited September 2013
    Simple BOP need to go away and never come back.
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I read the first few pages and so forgive me if someone has said something similar. I hear people complaining about 24000 limit on AD refining? How are you making so many more AD each day that the limit effects you? Average salvage for me has been say 6k...armor pieces go 8k but are rare...most items are only 4k. How many dungeons are you running a day?

Also....speaking of DD. I haven't done one for about 4 days because I got so frustrated that the **** quest was not even triggering....wait until that special time of day....que for pug, only to have the chest not even available after you struggle with a pug through that dungeon. I didn't get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>....not a single crumb through 3 dungeons. I hear about how the new dungeon drops blues....and the main hands require L20 skill and zen purchased crafting supplies and I really loose interest. I tried to que for a dungeon on an alt last night....thinking any gear would be an improvement....and the lower ones where more successful. I waited/quested for 40 minutes before giving up....not enough people playing. I really feel like cryptic has been tightening the screws down.....but seriously...WTH is up with DD not even triggering quest? Not only is gear BoP but can't even get any gear.

If it wasn't for event I probably would not be logging in daily....I enjoyed the fact that I could accomplish most of what I wanted through a reasonable time investment....I was never going to have perfect enchantments but I could have decent gear....Now I feel like by the time I get anything good it will get "reworked" or be replaced by something better.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    All dungeon dropped epics , including the DD chest should be BoE , the epics bought with glory , gaunt coins and the other coin types should all be BoP, simples...

I second that... I got 4 fully enchanted T2 sets (got by running dungeons and reselling in AH before patch) and 2 pieces of another one (got BoP from chest running t2). Now how am I supposed to make enough AD to get rank 7 enchants (the minimum) except grinding/farming dungeons and make 6k rough AD at a time, ok maybe 15k real AD once in a while in AH)? Answer: You can't... at this rate, I will have switched 5 times to newer, other games coming out.

Please don't tell me I didn't deserve to make AD before patch, I played hours and hours to get the items I really wanted, and selling loot to be able to buy them. I NEVER exploited anything before that patch, and no, I didn't make millions exploiting the nightmare bug...

I even occasionally (before patch) spent a couple of my $$ to buy zen... No more, ever...

At the end, they will have lost 90% of the players willing to spend real $$ to buy zen, so it is not F2P now... it is definitely P2W. (I know I know, I am not supposed to say that ^^ but who cares...)
  • uniguilduniguild Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
    I am not opposed to BoP, BUT getting your items through runs is a sincere grind. I'm trying to get my Grand Regent set as of now and after 15+ DD runs I still only have the armor.

I don't know how casual players can get any T2 set in a reasonable time. 10% for a T2 drop, although you can choose between the sets now, is way too low for my taste.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    At least, I would suggest a change for DD that players could either get:
    - a BoE piece chest they want to choose (out of the 3, like it is currently set)
    OR
    - a BoP random piece/item, including one that's not for their class... (if they dont need that set, or have everything they need so they could sell it or equip one of their other char)

But again, Cryptic game designers don't listen to any good suggestions...
    edited September 2013
    uniguild wrote: »

I don't know how casual players can get any T2 set in a reasonable time. 10% for a T2 drop, although you can choose between the sets now, is way too low for my taste.
    This even if have a guild they going get sick and tier of it .
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    10% for a T2 drop, although you can choose between the sets now, is way too low for my taste.

I think who ever said 10% pulled it off their *** coz i have gotten the set piece i was after in that dungeon more than 50% of the time, i may be ahve been lucky but i dont think that much.

I am a newer player, hit 60 the day before patch, and i like the bop change as it makes me want to do the dungeons to get my set pieces and when i fail, to improve my gear and play to be able to handle them.
  • uniguilduniguild Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
    ximae wrote: »
    I think who ever said 10% pulled it off their *** coz i have gotten the set piece i was after in that dungeon more than 50% of the time, i may be ahve been lucky but i dont think that much.

I am a newer player, hit 60 the day before patch, and i like the bop change as it makes me want to do the dungeons to get my set pieces and when i fail, to improve my gear and play to be able to handle them.

I don't know. 10% feels about right. Might be a tad higher, but not more than 20% for sure.
  • seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am not opposed to BoP, BUT getting your items through runs is a sincere grind. I'm trying to get my Grand Regent set as of now and after 15+ DD runs I still only have the armor.

Ha! Speaking as a casual player, you don't! I've given up on T2s, my goal is the T1s you can get through the campaign. Of course, that said, I don't PVP and my instance goal is just to get through each dungeon at some point, so T1 gear is all I need.
  • misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I don't know. 10% feels about right. Might be a tad higher, but not higher than 20% for sure.

From first hand experience pre-patch, I'd say was about 30% back then, doubt they would've lowered it much from that.
    Wizard.jpg
  • bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    the 10% drop rate for DD chest comes from this page

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Delve

if the boss has a 10% chance to drop a t2 piece, taht means you have a 2% chance to get BoE t2 item. even if 20%, thats 25x runs to get a BoP drop (and thats assuming everyone greeds)
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm making so much more AD now than before. Very happy with the changes. I have 6 characters all with over 24k rough AD waiting to be refined. Using multiple chars it the real key to refining.

Running T2s is still 100% worth it. In my guild, when a high price T2 item drops, one of us sells it on the AH then picks up zen/keys and shares them out to the rest of the party that ran the dungeon. For the rest of loot, we all greed on it. We hit DD events through the day and are all doing quite well. I think we only had one whiner when it came to BoP changes and he has mysteriously vanished from the guild; darn (yes, sarcasm).

Anyway, I've adapted, I'm making more AD now than ever before. It was definitely a good change. And you don't hear too many people whining about how it was too easy to get end game gear anymore, now do ya? Though, it's 3 times easier than it was if you actually run the dungeons.

And to the guy who wonders why anyone would bring a GWF to SP. Well, I solo all of the adds flawlessly at the final boss with my GWF. You just need to learn the class and enemy attack patterns. The rest of my party melts the boss; easiest part of the run.
  • axis40axis40 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    I'm making so much more AD now than before. Very happy with the changes. I have 6 characters all with over 24k rough AD waiting to be refined. Using multiple chars it the real key to refining.

Running T2s is still 100% worth it. In my guild, when a high price T2 item drops, one of us sells it on the AH then picks up zen/keys and shares them out to the rest of the party that ran the dungeon. For the rest of loot, we all greed on it. We hit DD events through the day and are all doing quite well. I think we only had one whiner when it came to BoP changes and he has mysteriously vanished from the guild; darn (yes, sarcasm).

Anyway, I've adapted, I'm making more AD now than ever before. It was definitely a good change. And you don't hear too many people whining about how it was too easy to get end game gear anymore, now do ya? Though, it's 3 times easier than it was if you actually run the dungeons.

And to the guy who wonders why anyone would bring a GWF to SP. Well, I solo all of the adds flawlessly at the final boss with my GWF. You just need to learn the class and enemy attack patterns. The rest of my party melts the boss; easiest part of the run.

plz do tell how you solo ads in spell and cw kills boss lol.first time i hear this in my life.gwf soloing the ads in sp boss fight....just when you think you heard it all
    edited September 2013
    axis40 wrote: »
    plz do tell how you solo ads in spell and cw kills boss lol.first time i hear this in my life.gwf soloing the ads in sp boss fight....just when you think you heard it all

First off. I always have a couple different equipment sets on my GWF so I can adapt to what's needed. Generally it's just switching to super defense for boss fights so I can handle the adds. This is one of those cases.

The mindwarps are always spawning, so kiting them is very effective as they will stay on me rather than respawn and blast random party members. It's very easy to dodge mindwarp blasts. Also, if you stay mobile, the zombies don't hit you (though nowadays they seem to not attack much at all). And basically that's it. As for which encounters and such... well, I'm not going to give up all my strats. I'm just saying it's totally possible. Though, not terribly easy. But once you get it, it'll be pretty rare that you need any help at all when kiting the adds. I think I got with a lag spike once and ate every mindwarp blast. Someone had to come pick me back up, but that was the only hiccup in the whole fight.
  • axis40axis40 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    First off. I always have a couple different equipment sets on my GWF so I can adapt to what's needed. Generally it's just switching to super defense for boss fights so I can handle the adds. This is one of those cases.

The mindwarps are always spawning, so kiting them is very effective as they will stay on me rather than respawn and blast random party members. It's very easy to dodge mindwarp blasts. Also, if you stay mobile, the zombies don't hit you (though nowadays they seem to not attack much at all). And basically that's it. As for which encounters and such... well, I'm not going to give up all my strats. I'm just saying it's totally possible. Though, not terribly easy. But once you get it, it'll be pretty rare that you need any help at all when kiting the adds. I think I got with a lag spike once and ate every mindwarp blast. Someone had to come pick me back up, but that was the only hiccup in the whole fight.

ah...kiting so they dont respawn lol. y sure i see how that goes ty good tip.is is much faster?i didnt play a long time with my gwf.
  • k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's actually quite a simple solution really. Want to make people start running dungeons for loot again, even after they already have the gear? Increase the refinement cap to 100,000 rough AD per day. Then people will run their current reserves dry and start running T2s for BOP gear to salvage.
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
    edited September 2013
    k4pnkrunch wrote: »
    It's actually quite a simple solution really. Want to make people start running dungeons for loot again, even after they already have the gear? Increase the refinement cap to 100,000 rough AD per day. Then people will run their current reserves dry and start running T2s for BOP gear to salvage.

Then the prices in the AH would quadruple. No thanks.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    k4pnkrunch wrote: »

This is a bad idea. Lazy people shouldn't be rewarded, period. Farm the way, anybody else does... it's not that big of a deal. The whole BoP update has actually put a massive stop, to the "LF exp(ploiter), for CN etc." idiot behaviour and is one of the best patches, that NW has gotten so far. Raising the rough AD cap, would automatically cause the kewl kids to get greedy again and the whole "LF exploiters" era would repeat itself.

In other words, no tyvm.

• zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I make 1.2m AD a day by doing nothing. AS if this game is hard rofl
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    There's no classical gear progression when enchantments are up to 3mil each all while there's no way to farm AD ingame. Also 2 of the best enchantments, plague fire and tenebrous are avaliable through CASH ONLY... I lol at this game.
    edited September 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    There's no classical gear progression when enchantments are up to 3mil each all while there's no way to farm AD ingame. Also 2 of the best enchantments, plague fire and tenebrous are avaliable through CASH ONLY... I lol at this game.

farming AD is pretty easy, actually. Easier than it was before. 3% chance of getting the one item worth selling in an already oversaturated market wasn't exactly grand.
This discussion has been closed.