What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    lullablightlullablight Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see they still haven't fixed the "logging in, please wait" issue.
  • Options
    the1prometheusthe1prometheus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    annsachd wrote: »
    Haven't been able to log into the game since the patch :o Keep getting "Material Files Reloaded" on Cryptic loading screen, haven't seen any references to a fix for it yet.. although I did try the suggestions listed here.
    I see they still haven't fixed the "logging in, please wait" issue.

I have had the same issue as you two. Ever since the maintenance on 22-August, 2013 for the new content I have had an issue with an EXTREMELY long launcher/splash-screen time before getting to the character select screen.

Before this, when I clicked on my NW-shortcut I was IN THE GAME ready to play in about 45-seconds flat.

I have timed it several times since then and now it takes (on average) 4-minutes, 30-seconds just to reach the character select screen, then another 10-15-seconds to load into the game for a MIND BOGGLING almost 5-minutes to load the game and play.

I have seen VERY few people talking about this issue and I am really wondering IF they are aware of it.

I have started a game launch and used the 'crypticerror' reporter while it was happening to report it, but who knows if they will see that and recognize a problem.

Also related to this issue:

When this first began happening it looked like a 'freeze' or 'hang' to me so I tried to use [Alt+Tab] to switch to the desktop and since the maintenance this no longer works during loading like it used to once I got past the "Cryptic" logo splash-screen. Now I have to force it using the Control manager via [Ctrl+Alt+Del] keys. That's when I noted in the {Applications} tab that "Neverwinter is listed as "NOT RESPONDING" while this long delay is going on. It eventually wakes up from it's 'NAP' and loads successfully, but seriously 5-minutes to load into the game is unacceptable on a modern gaming system with a 50Mbs cable connection.
  • Options
    killerloonkillerloon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're a genius, or at the very least an idiot savant. I salute you sir!
  • Options
    bixranbixran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok, i really need help. I download the game, through arc-which i find to really be no good so far-and launch the game. It gets as far as 6% in patching and then says that "cryptic launcher has stopped working, windows has to close the window". Any help would be appreciated, and i hope others do know wth is going on with this.
  • Options
    rhunthewatcherrhunthewatcher Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fail Fail Fail. No game launch for the last 4 days. tried every solution on the internet. No joy. talk about a game killer
  • Options
    zgsylarzgsylar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From Solution Update 7, i can't download the .exe file, it starts the download and then stops and 0.4/12.3MB.
  • Options
    therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited September 2013
    Since Arc was released I've had constant intermittent problems with the launcher. Tonight for example I've not been able to log in for about 4 hours. The game crashes hard completely randomly, then the error reporter will sometimes hang. After that point if I try to run the launcher it will sit there saying "Patching." but it won't actually be doing anything and it can't be cancelled - it's completely frozen. If I do a force verify it almost always crashes at random while it's verifying. If on the very rare occasion it can get it to launch the game it will crash by the time it reaches the splash screen. I'm not running teamspeak or mumble and never have. I was not having ANY problems before Arc.

Over the last few days I've been able to resolve this temporarily by completely uninstalling the game, installing Arc, installing and patching the game (takes a long time!) and then uninstalling Arc. Also Arc seems to conflict with Ventrilo. Honestly I had no problems pre-Arc. Please get rid of it. It's completely unnecessary!
    garret_fi.png
  • Options
    jeziorek23jeziorek23 Member Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    I have a problem when I play the game..

Matter of fact after patching for few hours because of cryptic error and no solution worked, now when I play for few mins the game randomly shuts down..

I don't know weather there is an error with cryptic or not because after the game shuts down i usually see a white window but it dissappears so fast I cant read it
  • Options
    obiwankanobobiwankanob Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not receiving verification code in my email. Please help. Invested alot of time into this game. Don't want to throw it all away.
  • Options
    darkshadow1008darkshadow1008 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    TL;DR: if the launcher doesn't display at all but sits in the task bar, it's possible the window position registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Cryptic Launcher WindowPos) became corrupted. Deleting that key (forcing it to be recreated on next launch) solves the problem for me.

HOW Absurd that actually worked thank you very much
  • Options
    novaclawnovaclaw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not sure if this is related to a launcher issue but I can't even get arc to load. I keep trying to log into it and all I get is "login has timed out, please check your internet connection and try again". Mind my connection is fine and I am on wi-fi. not sure why it's being so troublesome.
  • Options
    strescostresco Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    having problem with launcher, after click the shortcut an empty white window appears and following error message jumps out:
    "Program Cryptic game launcher has stop working"
    "Problem has caused the program to stop work correctly. Windows system shuts the program and gives and information if finds a possible solution"
    (translation from slovak to english)
    I have tried to replace the neverwinter.exe file, but nothing happened...
    Pls help!
  • Options
    eiyuukuneiyuukun Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    getting error:

Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: ./piggs/bins.hogg: Bin/Bindcommands.Bin

i did verify the files in the launcher but still no good. the game crashes
  • Options
    javajedijavajedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be opened for writing.

Launcher won't patch, so I can't play.
  • Options
    nevernarbelethnevernarbeleth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey there?!
    Solution number 7 is not working for me... i tryed to uninstall and re install the game almost 10 times (using the exe in solution7) and still having the problem.... "trying to update the laucher please be patient...." then crashes all!

i know of three other ITA people having this problem and we are not receiving anwers from 4 days on our forum... i even posted on the technical support forum and still i don't have answers too... it seems to me that someone has taken a looooong holiday..

Any idea? or.. any answer? lol
  • Options
    wschaecherwschaecher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I too am having the no launch problem keeps telling me to check my network but nothing is wrong here. The launcher is crashed.

Can we expect any action anytime soon?
  • Options
    isomorphismisomorphism Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi all,

If you are experiencing a crash in the Neverwinter Launcher, please post the error number that CrypticError gives along with your problem report. That allows Cryptic developers to see, on our side, what kind of crash you experienced. We might be able to use that information to narrow down exactly what is going wrong.
  • Options
    dumptydumdumptydum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    my launcher starts to patch the stops then rstarts the same patch agagin
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Server not responding too got DC i was on DPVP but before i got dc i had serius lagg (my ping was 17)and somtimes if got hitted by two or more ppl sceen froze for 2-3 sec(and i have Alienware X51).
    After i cannot login too. Launcer pop up with black screen .
    No error message only black screen on launcher.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    vungivungi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I tried all those things from first post and still nothing. Launcher is been broken for me almost 1 month.
  • Options
    perfichabodperfichabod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Keep getting these at startup:
    (null) crash has encountered an unexpected crash

(null) Crash - ID #22433984
  • Options
    tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I can't launch the game anymore, getting an error window everytime: "Oops! Your cryptic application has crashed."
    Error ticket ID: 26014187
  • Options
    montrosiummontrosium Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm having issues with the shaderCashe.hogg file not downloading, tried the delete file and restart launcher, no good. Haven't been able to log in since last maintenance. tried complete reinstall as well still hangs on the shader file.
  • Options
    strykerzoronstrykerzoron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i tried to login at the account screen, and i recieved a timed out error response from the server....
    new user....
    you may contact me by mail when the patch is fixed
    thanks....
  • Options
    dregonxdregonx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm having an issue where on both of my computers (One being XP, another being Windows 7) there is an issue where when you click Options on the Neverwinter Launcher, and then hit Save, the launcher crashes, so I can't configure the options. This was not the case about 1 patch ago or so.
  • Options
    daxhelldaxhell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    help. my launcher is not connecting to login server. at character selection screen it says connecting to login server and few minutes later login time out. wat to do? i downloaded the new launcher patch
  • Options
    syranaisyranai Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have loads of issues trying to connect to the server. In the launcher I enter username/password, and then it goes on the connect, and then nothing, just "Connecting ...". Most of the time when I close the launcher and try again, I can get on after 3-4 tries. Today it's not working at all.
    I downloaded an older version of neverwinter.exe, and it immediately patched the executable to the latest version, so that part works, but still not connecting. Now I'm trying the force verify to see if that resolves anything.

Update: either the verify did something, or I was just lucky, cause after that I was able to get in.
  • Options
    lanzar888lanzar888 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having launcher problems as well but a different error code....

There was an error loading the login page. Please restart the launcher and try again.

Error -118 when loading url http://launcher.playneverwinter.com/launcher_login?version=1

Please help!
  • Options
    mamasandygmamasandyg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm having the same problem as daxhell, login, get to character selection, select, then account server times out. IF I manage to get into the game, I'm only in for 15 minutes or so before it times out yet again. It's been getting progressively worse for about a week. When it started, I could usually get in and play for longer after a couple tries logging in. Today, I can't get on unless I try 6+ times, then I get kicked out shortly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Arc and it makes no difference. This is horrible.
  • Options
    jellybeany3jellybeany3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Every time I press play on the launcher, the game begins and instantly I get a "game client has stopped working" error, and it closes....

EDIT:
    I am using windows 8.1
    Acer Aspire 7750G
    Intel Core i5
    AMD Radeon 6650M

Please fix soon! I just started playing again and don't want to have to quit for good!
This discussion has been closed.