test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Banks and Bind on pickup.

taurnilelensartaurnilelensar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Every MMO of this type I have played had or has a Account Bank. It make it so much easier to move items around it also helps keep common items together in 1 pile.
I started playing while the game was still in Beta, I thought something so common was certainly in the works. Logically there are guild banks so, account banks are around the corner, the technology has to be about the same right?

I know the game is based on the same game engine as the Star Trek Online game. That game has account banks. So where is the account banks for Neverwinter Online?

This is one of the things that gives that game a cheap feel to it.
The other is things that do bind pick up, BIND to Character. Now don't get me wrong I understand the need for things to bind. It would be nice if some of those things bound to account rather than character. "oh look this, is a nice Epic ring, this character does not need it, Its has a high recovery I'll put it on My DC! Oh wait it's bound to this character dam that's a shame." I was happy now I'm frustrated and disappointed.
If anyone on TV tells you they can make life fair they are liars!! :rolleyes:
Post edited by taurnilelensar on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . Indeed, I'm really hoping for an account bank very soon. I'd also like to see more emphasis on account bound things rather than character bound.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The question about account banks was brought up during the 24 charity live stream. Back then they said that having multiple servers caused trouble with it. Now that the servers have been merge, hopefully we will be able to get it in the near future. There are even a few account bound items that exist. XP scroll from the caturday box, I believe.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Perhaps account storage will be tied to some sort of player housing, much like how Champions Online is setup with the hideouts...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I so hope that there will be some form to trade bound items. My CW doesn't find the fomorian blade or shield very useful for example.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is such a no-brainer, not sure why it's not in the game yet. Should've been in at launch *scratch head*
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    This is such a no-brainer, not sure why it's not in the game yet. Should've been in at launch *scratch head*

because at launch, the game was released with three separate shards. now that the shards have been merged, the likelihood of this happening in the (nearer?) future is a lot better.
  • marenormarenor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree completely. The shard merge seems to have solved the possible conflicts of being able to send items across shards, not sure why that was a problem but now it is solved. Bind to account and account banks solve many issues with the drops, specifically in Malabog's Castle.
  • medievalmissmedievalmiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would fully support this! We need account banks, and we need items bound to account and not to character. It made us so frustrated, for instance, that an offhand item dropped in Malabog for a class that wasn't even in the party, and it was, of course, bound. So, the only thing that could be done with it, regardless of what other characters you might have on your account, was to salvage it. What a waste!
    ri80me.jpg
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    I'm really hoping to see an account bank just to allow account bound items.

I couldn't care less about an account bank but account bound items are a must. If account banks would bring this system faster and easier since the mail system can't support account bound items then by all means make an account bank.

But account bound, rather than character bound, needs to be the focus of most of the game's items. I can understand that equipping an item (not a companion/mount) would cause it to be bound to character but items like companions, lockbox mounts and DD Chest drops need to be account bound rather than character bound and I'll support anything which gets us there.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . Indeed! Most of the BoP items in the game that/from drop/chests need to instead bind to account on pickup. However, they should still Bind to the Character when equipped.
    edited October 2013
    I'm really hoping to see an account bank just to allow account bound items.

I couldn't care less about an account bank but account bound items are a must. If account banks would bring this system faster and easier since the mail system can't support account bound items then by all means make an account bank.

But account bound, rather than character bound, needs to be the focus of most of the game's items. I can understand that equipping an item (not a companion/mount) would cause it to be bound to character but items like companions, lockbox mounts and DD Chest drops need to be account bound rather than character bound and I'll support anything which gets us there.

i fully support this post.
  • rogerdtaterogerdtate Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Indeed! Most of the BoP items in the game that/from drop/chests need to instead bind to account on pickup. However, they should still Bind to the Character when equipped.

That is one of those "I can't believe it isn't like that already" things.
    100% think it is a must adjust.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really want to see things like the weapon skins from CtA event be account-bound once the infrastructure is in place to make them useful in that format. I do make alts of the same classes for different builds, but the RNG might love one a bit more than another, you know?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The fact that when I run the "Man of the Hunt" Skirmish on my DC I get the Redcap hat for my GF and when I run my GF I get the Redcap hat for my DC, I just want to scream!!!

why did they do that anyways? Why did they allow the chest in MotH to contain BoP items for a class you cannot even use it on?
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
    edited October 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    The fact that when I run the "Man of the Hunt" Skirmish on my DC I get the Redcap hat for my GF and when I run my GF I get the Redcap hat for my DC, I just want to scream!!!

why did they do that anyways? Why did they allow the chest in MotH to contain BoP items for a class you cannot even use it on?

I've encountered this exact issue, and it is so frustrating!

Indeed, if an item is going to be dropped for a player as BoP, it darn well better be usable by them in the first place!!!

While we're on the topic of the Master of the Hunt Skirmish, can you guys please correct it so that it always grants the ADs when run during the Skirmish Event - right now it's hit-or-miss whether it will or not...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    edited October 2013
    rogerdtate wrote: »
    That is one of those "I can't believe it isn't like that already" things.
    100% think it is a must adjust.

considering there was the split shard issue prior to the merger, i can believe it. but hopefully it will change soon.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    While we're on the topic of the Master of the Hunt Skirmish, can you guys please correct it so that it always grants the ADs when run during the Skirmish Event - right now it's hit-or-miss whether it will or not...

Doesn't it also give ADs sometimes when it's *not* the event?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2013
    Doesn't it also give ADs sometimes when it's *not* the event?

I rarely run it when the event isn't going, so I can't say for certain. Can anyone else comment on this? If it does, then perhaps the MotH chest doesn't actually *care* whether there's an event running or not...
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I rarely run it when the event isn't going, so I can't say for certain. Can anyone else comment on this? If it does, then perhaps the MotH chest doesn't actually *care* whether there's an event running or not...

It does. At least during non-skirmish hours, AD is one of the possible rewards. So if you get the AD, you aren't get a barkshield shard.
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    It does. At least during non-skirmish hours, AD is one of the possible rewards. So if you get the AD, you aren't get a barkshield shard.

Oh-ho-ho-really? Well then... I may have to run it more often, then. :cool:

*Can anyone confirm whether this is the intended behavior? I don't wanna risk getting banned or anything if it's a glitch...
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »

Or a BoP redhat item that you cannot use anyways! *GARRRRrrr...*
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

*Can anyone confirm whether this is the intended behavior? I don't wanna risk getting banned or anything if it's a glitch...

I don't think they've ever officially commented on it. I know it was brought up by players in the bug forum back in August. Here is one thread about it from back then.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2013

They'd hardly ban you playing something that you have no control over.
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    +1 for this post.
    Account bank will be weet, but BoP is usually broken in games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taurnilelensartaurnilelensar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    :cool: Ty for your support!
    If anyone on TV tells you they can make life fair they are liars!! :rolleyes:
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes, I know this has been brought up before, but it needs to continue to be brought up until something happens.

Since so many things have been changed to BoP, I think it would make people a lot happier if stuff was bound to account, rather than the character. Frequently things that one doesn't necessarily want or need on a character will drop for them, but then on another character, who could use it, they'll have to grind like crazy. Adding more grinding to a game doesn't make it more playable.

Similarly! I believe that things bought from the Zen store - particularly clothing and bags - should become Bount to Account once equipped. I have characters I don't really want (or intend to reroll) that I can't reroll because they have fashion outfits I don't want to lose. That Zen cost real money and there's no reason why we should be stuck with it on a specific character after paying for it. Same goes for things that are limited-time - I don't want to lose my golden pantaloons or Caturday cloaks on some of my characters, either.

This brings me to Account Banks. Having a bank that can be accessed from all characters would be a great way to get people to buy more Zen. I would gladly pay for more bank slots in a shared account bank, while I am NOT spending zen for the individual bank slots. Which also go away if you delete your character, I might add! Things that one paid zen for should not be locked to that specific character. If these changes could be made, I would probably be willing to pay even more than I have for more Zen, and I think others would be as well.
    edited October 2013
    Yes, I know this has been brought up before, but it needs to continue to be brought up until something happens.

you sure about that? all it takes is for this issue to be put on the devs list of things to consider once and i'm pretty sure it existed there WAY before any forum thread happened.
  • msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm jumping on the bandwagon for account bound items rather than character bound. It just makes so much more sense and would make for much less frustration amoung the player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Indeed, I'm really hoping for an account bank very soon. I'd also like to see more emphasis on account bound things rather than character bound.

This is a no brainer. Anyone who's ever played mmo's would know especially in a mmo development setting that account banks, bind on account items from crafting/currencies, and a wallet are all 100% necessary for any modern title. BoP items for crafting was a serious insult. I stopped working on everything the day they announced that. I wonder if any of the development team are actually PC mmo gamers when they decide to do things like that honestly.

This and the lack of class choices were the two reasons I stopped playing. Their UI needs to be modernized (with the acct bank wallet) and their goals for class development need to be stepped up before I return.
  • ikq86ikq86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Every MMO of this type I have played had or has a Account Bank. It make it so much easier to move items around it also helps keep common items together in 1 pile.
    I started playing while the game was still in Beta, I thought something so common was certainly in the works. Logically there are guild banks so, account banks are around the corner, the technology has to be about the same right?

I know the game is based on the same game engine as the Star Trek Online game. That game has account banks. So where is the account banks for Neverwinter Online?

This is one of the things that gives that game a cheap feel to it.
    The other is things that do bind pick up, BIND to Character. Now don't get me wrong I understand the need for things to bind. It would be nice if some of those things bound to account rather than character. "oh look this, is a nice Epic ring, this character does not need it, Its has a high recovery I'll put it on My DC! Oh wait it's bound to this character dam that's a shame." I was happy now I'm frustrated and disappointed.

I support this post and agree that account banks should be high on the dev-teams to-do-list.
    I am however, not a fan of welfare epics, which I think account-bound equipment will be.
    // Surreal, proudly representing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]