test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• Options
    setheriosetherio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    msaligned wrote: »
    Looking at all those numbers made my brain hurt. A couple of questions. I scrolled down the attributes on my TR it shows critical chance at %44.8, does that mean %44.8 of my attack should crit? Seems like I can go through whole fights never see anything special on damage, then Duelist Fury will show a string of 7000 and 8000 damage, or almost every Gloaming Cut then nothing from DF.
    Finally got to Sharandar, is there any thought about the Boons? One stands out to me, a %2 action point gain. Or are they all a waste of time?

Critical Change the likelihood you will perform a critical strike per attack. At 44.8% each attack has 44.8% chance to be a critical strike and a 55.2% change to be a non-critical strike. Go to the training area and attack some training dummies with your chat options set to show combat log (and/or edit your settings to show your damage pop ups). You should see about half your attacks are critical strikes. There's been times where I've gotten 20 attacks in a row all critical strikes as well as vise-versa. But normally it evens out (or actually seems like I critically strike more often than not but that just may be a perceptional notice, haven't parsed data).

As for the boons, two things to note:
    1. Keep in mind these are straight up adds to your base (ie; when you're naked with no buffs, these boons apply).
    2. A respec token does allow you to change your boon choices.
    *And a side note: The first 3 boons add 250 GS (not sure about 4th though I have it, haven't checked, and I'm just a few fey sparks away from the fifth so not sure if that one would or not though I imagine certain ones will).

On the third boon, +700 HP vs 2% AP gain... Now, I know people are going to complain about my choice but frankly I don't care. I chose the 700 HP as I was low on HP and thought it would help with the 1-shot from bosses - which it definitely has. However, going in a permastealth option, I would see 2% AP Gain as a much more viable option.
    ~Setherio

Creator and maintainer of TR's Epic Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

Join the legit community channel on Neverwinter!
    /channel_join NW_Legit_Community
    /bind 9 channel_setcurrent NW_Legit_Community
    And press 9 in game (not in ALT mode) to easily access the channel!
  • Options
    bnsitcssbnsitcss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Finally! The shards merge. You spoke earlier in a post about a chat channel just for Stealth Rogues. It would obviously be easier to all be in the same guild but for those with existing commitments it would be great to unify our community.

If you have the chat channel would you post how to join?
    Would you consider adding any details to you message of the day in the Shade Monarchs and perhaps in your guide?

I think running some delves as a group would be great fun. Looking forward to meeting more stealth rogues.
  • Options
    zanduvarzanduvar Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Like the Idea just making a channel like Stealth Rogue or something so that we can find others to run with would be great.

Made one called Stealth Rogue Join if you like or until another one is created. Would like to find others to run with.

Would help if I spelled it right...Sorry all spelled "Rogue" as "Rouge"

The Correct channel name is: Stealth Rogue

Sorry for the mistake.
  • Options
    vitorfurlinvitorfurlin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is this build viable post nerfs? should I change anything or just go as main post suggests? ty
  • Options
    gatrilgatril Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So... which "Ability Score Rolling" would be the best when creating a Half-Orc?
  • Options
    marc5ivermarc5iver Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Since we are all on the same server now, can I join your guild? If so, how do I do that? Sorry, I'm an MMO newb.
  • Options
    ch41nsm0k3rch41nsm0k3r Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    todesfaelle, now that the servers have merged how about that 5 TR runs? add me on Gibran Khalil Gibran fromt he *****s of Menzoberranzan
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The new alternative build has now uploaded! <-- Click here!

I need to edit a lot of things on it still, but this rough draft should give you guys a rough idea as to how the new setup is built. I'll be posting screenies as soon as I remember to actually take the screenies. I tend to forget since I play PVP more just recently.

And now to address some posts. Thank you all for your patience during my long absence.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    setherio wrote: »
    On the third boon, +700 HP vs 2% AP gain... Now, I know people are going to complain about my choice but frankly I don't care. I chose the 700 HP as I was low on HP and thought it would help with the 1-shot from bosses - which it definitely has. However, going in a permastealth option, I would see 2% AP Gain as a much more viable option.

Right on! As a build that gets all its defenses from Stealth, getting an offensive bonus of +2% AP Gain far outweighs the benefits we get from +700 HP since we tend to not get hit much, or not at all when played at its ideal state.

And thank you for assisting a player in need here in the guide, Setherio. :)
    bnsitcss wrote: »
    Finally! The shards merge. You spoke earlier in a post about a chat channel just for Stealth Rogues. It would obviously be easier to all be in the same guild but for those with existing commitments it would be great to unify our community.

If you have the chat channel would you post how to join?
    Would you consider adding any details to you message of the day in the Shade Monarchs and perhaps in your guide?

I think running some delves as a group would be great fun. Looking forward to meeting more stealth rogues.

Hey, Bnsitcss! I like how you think and that's a great idea. I actually haven't used the chat channel at all since I've got no idea how to run it or add people in it. But it seems Zanduvar has been kind enough to make us a channel. Let's see how it pans out first and think of improvements to our community along the way.

The Shade Monarchs' member roster has been declining a little recently due to the many unfortunate changes that this game slapped unto their faithful players. Majority of our members have stopped playing and I've been looking to expand as well because of this. I'll be posting a guild thread on the guild recruitment sub-forum for players with unique builds and like testing new stuff. We'll definitely collect as many of our kind as possible, and let's do that 5-man TR run soon.
    zanduvar wrote: »
    Like the Idea just making a channel like Stealth Rogue or something so that we can find others to run with would be great.

Made one called Stealth Rouge Join if you like or until another one is created. Would like to find others to run with.

Hey man. Thanks for taking the effort in creating a channel for us. Please feel free to send me an in-game tell one of these days! I and some of my friends am definitely interested in joining that channel. Looking forward to running with you guys soon.
    Is this build viable post nerfs? should I change anything or just go as main post suggests? ty

Yes it is. I have some updates I need to do for the guide but all in all this build has not been affected that greatly from the big nerfs. In fact, we just got stronger thanks to the added mechanic for Gloaming Cut.
    gatril wrote: »
    So... which "Ability Score Rolling" would be the best when creating a Half-Orc?

Go for 15 STR 20 DEX at creation, pump 6 points into both of em for huge offensive bonuses.
    marc5iver wrote: »
    Since we are all on the same server now, can I join your guild? If so, how do I do that? Sorry, I'm an MMO newb.

You most definitely can and we are looking to recruit new members right now. Please send me an in-game tell so we can discuss the details!
    todesfaelle, now that the servers have merged how about that 5 TR runs? add me on Gibran Khalil Gibran fromt he *****s of Menzoberranzan

Gladly. You'll hear from me one of these days, Chainsmoker. This will be fun!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh yeah, after the server merge, I've been getting mails from players who were previously from the Dragon and Beholder Shards. I just read em and will be replying to em soon as well. Seems the game wasn't allowing me to view those mails back when the shards still weren't merged. Thank you all for the kind messages! I really appreciate and enjoy reading them.

PS. If anyone can think of a better name for the guide now that this will become a compendium of stealth builds, please don't hesitate to post suggestions. Apparently I'm bad with these things.
  • Options
    delita6delita6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited October 2013
    Well I'll be leaving here some information about my build I hope it helps some stakeholders
    Primary Status STR simple because it increases stamina regeneration + damage
    Secondary status DEX + critical + kill + = cut gloming with stealth refill

In my case INT and dispensable since it with more stamina regeneration feats I use in my case I have 12 INT (initial status)

Gear pvp domination or Gauntlgrym and focus on recovery (I'm 1105)

Your skill will be pricipal gloming cut (I start at 10k critical depending on the subject and do not know much of a discount so I have less vorpal)

Important Feats:

Swift Footwork
    Twilight Adepth
    Improvement Cunning Sneak
    Nimple dodge (key factor)
    Sneaky Stabber (key factor)

Unfortunately, I do not have Resolving Elve more surely this will be the BOON who will choose

How can sees this build is possible only if you are hybrid or saboteur paragon

Perhaps some of you have bumped me in pvp I play with human rogue named Loki :)
    Harmony
    Server: Rapier
  • Options
    gatrilgatril Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the build and the answer, marry me <3
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Has anyone have this problem before?

Everytime I go to a dungeon with my guildmates and another rogue is in the party too, if we both are stealthed and hit the same mob, that mob ignores our stealth state and hit us.

We don't know if this is a bug or if it is intented for avoiding people hitting the same mobs with stealth.

PS: @todesfaelle, I have been testing both builds and both work like a charm =)
  • Options
    zanduvarzanduvar Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Suggestion for title: A Shot in The Dark (A Guide to stealth rogue builds)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    delita6 wrote: »
    Well I'll be leaving here some information about my build I hope it helps some stakeholders
    Primary Status STR simple because it increases stamina regeneration + damage
    Secondary status DEX + critical + kill + = cut gloming with stealth refill

In my case INT and dispensable since it with more stamina regeneration feats I use in my case I have 12 INT (initial status)

Gear pvp domination or Gauntlgrym and focus on recovery (I'm 1105)

Your skill will be pricipal gloming cut (I start at 10k critical depending on the subject and do not know much of a discount so I have less vorpal)

Important Feats:

Swift Footwork
    Twilight Adepth
    Improvement Cunning Sneak
    Nimple dodge (key factor)
    Sneaky Stabber (key factor)

Unfortunately, I do not have Resolving Elve more surely this will be the BOON who will choose

How can sees this build is possible only if you are hybrid or saboteur paragon

Perhaps some of you have bumped me in pvp I play with human rogue named Loki :)

Nice input about the Saboteur path. I've also been considering to test the Sab path in the test shard for the new build but haven't had the chance yet. Maybe one of these days I'll just go there and run some ACT.
    gatril wrote: »
    Thanks for the build and the answer, marry me <3

You know I would if I could, brother! And no prob!
    nisckis wrote: »
    Has anyone have this problem before?

Everytime I go to a dungeon with my guildmates and another rogue is in the party too, if we both are stealthed and hit the same mob, that mob ignores our stealth state and hit us.

We don't know if this is a bug or if it is intented for avoiding people hitting the same mobs with stealth.

PS: @todesfaelle, I have been testing both builds and both work like a charm =)

Yes, it's a behavior of mobs whenever they "detect" that 2 players are in stealth. Some will try to spam skills that lock onto you whenever they detect you nearby, or some mobs will use AoE abilities. This is also true for boss fights, which is why I tend to like it better when I fight bosses by myself.

I'll be posting a section about PVE Mob Behaviors in the future and try to do it as detailed as possible so that everyone will have an idea about what to do when they encounter certain dangerous mobs. Flame Spikers and Driders for instance, are really troublesome.
    zanduvar wrote: »
    Suggestion for title: A Shot in The Dark (A Guide to stealth rogue builds)

That's nice, Zanduvar! Though I think it would be preferred if we got something a bit more general. I'm having trouble thinking of a title that says what the build is all about in one go. :\ Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Edt: Nevermind, answered my own question.
  • Options
    delita6delita6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited October 2013
    Nice input about the Saboteur path. I've also been considering to test the Sab path in the test shard for the new build but haven't had the chance yet. Maybe one of these days I'll just go there and run some ACT.
    I created a video of my char's if you want a look

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?507821-Rogue-Saboteur-Perma-Stealth-Video&p=6293061#post6293061
    Harmony
    Server: Rapier
  • Options
    rpgbrorpgbro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I played Neverwinter back when it was still in Beta and I'm pretty sure I wasn't building my rogue very well since I was just experimenting. I have the sudden urge to play my rogue again and thought I might as well start over.

The idea of playing a rogue focused on stealth and trickery as opposed to pure damage feels very good to me. There's 59 pages in this thread and I don't think I'll be able to get through them all. I was just wondering if the build in the topic post is still relevant? Should I use the 'Alternative' build instead? Is it stronger?

For once in my life I feel like just jumping in and playing the game rather than thinking about all my skills and equipment, reading up too much information, doing spreadsheets, checking formulas, doing a bunch of math, etc. If I can just use this build and have fun with it, that would be real cool!
  • Options
    andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Yes, the information on the first page is still relevant, and playing a Stealth focused Rogue has been a lot of fun.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Some things I did notice are that the original seal of executioner is no longer available but there is another ring with like 407 regen. Also, Skulker set pieces are more than doubled the notated price of 200k AD.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The Skulker set is extremely easy to earn. I wouldn't spend AD on them.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    andferne3 wrote: »
    Yes, the information on the first page is still relevant, and playing a Stealth focused Rogue has been a lot of fun.

Cool. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    marc5ivermarc5iver Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    andferne3 wrote: »
    The Skulker set is extremely easy to earn. I wouldn't spend AD on them.

How do you earn them?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    marc5iver wrote: »
    How do you earn them?
    By doing the Gauntylgrym event. You can earn coins through the pvp part, and then the dungeons at the end.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hmm, quick question.

Concerning the 'Alternative Gloaming Cut Stealth Build', for Tiefling, what would you suggest is a good starting ability score? I'm thinking 13 STR, 12 INT, 10 CON, 8 WIS, 18 DEX, and 15 CHA is the best choice.

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    rpgbro wrote: »
    Hmm, quick question.

Concerning the 'Alternative Gloaming Cut Stealth Build', for Tiefling, what would you suggest is a good starting ability score? I'm thinking 13 STR, 12 INT, 10 CON, 8 WIS, 18 DEX, and 15 CHA is the best choice.

What do you guys think?

For the Alternative Build, right? As a Tiefling you definitely will want 14 on INT, 15 CHA, 15 DEX, 13 STR. Pump 6 points to INT and divide the rest to CHA and DEX evenly, giving you a total of 20 INT, 19 DEX/CHA. This'll give you a decent deflect rating as well. Tieflings look really cool but aren't the best choice for the Alternative build. It's either you go for Moon Elf, Sun Elf, or Wood Elf in order to maximize the perks of having high INT and being a rogue.

Just a quick update. All I need now is 1 R7 Silver to complete the PVP Gear for the Alternative Stealth Build. After which it'll be ready for posting. It's fun and offers better survivability with 1k+ Regen without the need to use the old Seal of the Executioner rings that give 478 Regen. The lower-tier versions will work just as fine thanks to some neat gear I found since the server merge. :)

Oh and thanks for addressing some questions during my absence, Andferne3! Much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    delita6 wrote: »

I like it! Beastly performance in Gauntlgrym PVP, Delita6. :) Good vid. Goes to show how Sab can be dangerous in the right hands.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    For the Alternative Build, right? As a Tiefling you definitely will want 14 on INT, 15 CHA, 15 DEX, 13 STR. Pump 6 points to INT and divide the rest to CHA and DEX evenly, giving you a total of 20 INT, 19 DEX/CHA. This'll give you a decent deflect rating as well. Tieflings look really cool but aren't the best choice for the Alternative build. It's either you go for Moon Elf, Sun Elf, or Wood Elf in order to maximize the perks of having high INT and being a rogue.

That's what I was thinking, yeah. I ended up using the original build because I believe it will be better for Tiefling. Thank you for answering me!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No worries! Feel free to ask whenever you have questions. I'll try to answer when I can.

Also, for people who went for the alternative build and have been struggling in PVP, you may want to try the gear I have on right now. I'll be replacing the Amulet for a Regen amulet for 1071 Regen. That's 1k+ HP per tick when your HP is below 50%. This increased my survivability by a lot, and you can pretty much just bug the pots in the PVP area so the opponents can't use em while you can still heal decently. Careful of Permaprone Conquerors and One Shot Executioners though.

Note that the rings I have are the weaker versions of the Seal of the Executioner. But thanks to the equally insane regen I'm getting from my Off-Hand, I can heal up a whole lot more efficiently than just having those 2 rings. Not to mention the Life Steal we get from our gear is also competitive and helps give extra HP.

I'll be updating the guide with new PVP strategies, screenies of gear and more once I finish the new drafts!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I've been having a blast with my stealth based Rogue in PvP & PvE. So a very big thank you to this wonderful guide. I chuckle each time in PvP when someone 'complains' (In various ways) about my stealth rogue. I've also encountered numerous other Rogue's who can light me up. So hats off to your guys, I've got a lot of learning left to do it seems.